Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

41 Pages « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Food Only Danok, Thailand (Border) & Bukit Kayu Hitam, Alert!! 1/5/2014- A MUST to DECLARE!

views

Micky78
post Nov 2 2016, 12:37 AM

Regular
1,094 posts

in dannok still accept Ringgit Malaysia? any top on needed?
outsiders_86
post Nov 2 2016, 12:48 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

Going Danok again this month, is Hello Bangkok still worth visit?
metaled
post Nov 2 2016, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(Micky78 @ Nov 2 2016, 12:37 AM)
in dannok still accept Ringgit Malaysia? any top on needed?
Yes, top up needed. For food and drinks only, or 7.

Establishment of big company will have a sign clearly showing how they convert, if no sign they will be able to tell u the mechanism of the calculation.

If no mention top up or anything means they have already calculate for u them self.

But you can request to pay in baht if you have some with you.

You can use RM in Dannok and only in Dannok.
metaled
post Nov 2 2016, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(outsiders_86 @ Nov 2 2016, 12:48 PM)
Going Danok again this month, is Hello Bangkok still worth visit?
Not sure about that place,

But friends who very regularly party at Dannok always mention M Club is the best now. But becareful, there is a very tiny number of lady boys in there. They are not hard to spot though, but i do met one who fool the hardcore every week report for duty guys at my table once.

If your lucky stars alignment go accurate on your trip that night, you might even have an extra roommate that you dont need to pay for.
outsiders_86
post Nov 3 2016, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 2 2016, 05:54 PM)

But friends who very regularly party at Dannok always mention M Club is the best now. But becareful, there is a very tiny number of lady boys in there. They are not hard to spot though, but i do met one who fool the hardcore every week report for duty guys at my table once.

If your lucky stars alignment go accurate on your trip that night, you might even have an extra roommate that you dont need to pay for.
Bro, u regular there?
metaled
post Nov 3 2016, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(outsiders_86 @ Nov 3 2016, 03:28 PM)
Bro, u regular there?
Regular yes but to "party or indulge", not anymore. I am just another passer-by of that cowboy town that seen a lot of cash coming in from a particular group of company.

It was full of people from China on the Deepavali weekend, they were brought over by said company for "investment visit"

The bunch of fellows i mention is still weekly after all these years.

Micky78
post Nov 4 2016, 05:56 PM

Regular
1,094 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 2 2016, 05:45 PM)
Yes, top up needed. For food and drinks only, or 7.

Establishment of big company will have a sign clearly showing how they convert, if no sign they will be able to tell u the mechanism of the calculation.

If no mention top up or anything means they have already calculate for u them self.

But you can request to pay in baht if you have some with you.

You can use RM in Dannok and only in Dannok.
ok... thanks for updates...
karL1218
post Nov 14 2016, 07:25 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 3 2016, 03:39 PM)
Regular yes but to "party or indulge", not anymore. I am just another passer-by of that cowboy town that seen a lot of cash coming in from a particular group of company.

It was full of people from China on the Deepavali weekend, they were brought over by said company for "investment visit"

The bunch of fellows i mention is still weekly after all these years.
Holla ,

I planning to take flight from china to Hatyai airport on 21/11

I want to go danok, is there any bus or van . I m soloist.

metaled
post Nov 15 2016, 04:58 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(karL1218 @ Nov 14 2016, 07:25 PM)
Holla ,

I planning to take flight from china to Hatyai airport on 21/11

I want to go danok, is there any bus or van . I m soloist.
Yes, there is plenty.

For taxi, when you arrive just head to the arrival terminal. Outside there will be guys offering their services. Price is 1000 TBH, but depends on your mouth skill and time of the day, 800 TBH can be work out. But night time is usually flat 1000 THB.

If you cant find any of the guys there, just head to the taxi stand outside of arrival and tell them Dannok. Fee is 1000 THB non nego.

And tell them which part of Dannok you want to be drop off.

For van option,

Van is slightly tricky. But it is a lot cheaper and only if u have a lot of time to kill, will add 1-2 hour into your traveling time from the waiting. You need to take a taxi or songtaew ( songtaew you need to walk directly straight pass the parking lot from arrival terminal to the side of the road, they are there) to van station ( sa tha ni rod two = literal translation of can station) . And then ask for which van is going to Dannok and voila. Van they usually drop you at the 711 somewhere before Siam Commercial Bank. Its been quite a long time since i last use this method, but back then it was 150 THB per trip.

If this is your first time travelling to Dannok from Hatyai airport in a car, they will take the trunk road that need to pass by some village and rubber plantation. It is a slightly quicker route and you dont need to waste time sitting on traffic in thanon phetkasem ( the main highway ).

Scam is unheard of, but remember to agree on a price first before getting into a car.

We can further discuss from Dannok to our country if you need additional info, including without valid paperwork.
rifles
post Jan 13 2017, 08:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,262 posts

anyone going up this coming CNY?
leaF
post Jan 17 2017, 11:17 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(newnoob @ Aug 15 2016, 11:13 AM)
Hi, may I know any insurance agency around Changlun or Dannok able to buy 3rd party car insurance and opening at night? we approximately 10.30pm to reach Bukit Kayu Hitam. I'm called the insurance agent in CTC, but they are closing on 8.30pm.

thanks in advance.
during my days , few years ago..we visit the free duty shop to get our white card print nicely (rm1 per person)..then me and 4 ppl in car share the parking on the zone shopping center...walk inside and kepit rm1 for them , automatic everything is fast for you.once you inside go to your hotel by motorside ..

the reason I dont like to drive in is you exposed to risk , car safety especially if your car is far place like J , N or W..P , K and A still ok ..then the motor there also a lot and very dangerous as they are the king on the road..share the parking with your friend and walk inside , unless you want go hatyai after tat
stimix
post Jan 18 2017, 03:01 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

QUOTE(rifles @ Jan 13 2017, 08:00 PM)
anyone going up this coming CNY?
Better forget it... huge jam expected in all borders inc Padang Besar! I got into 3hrs jam entering via Padang Besar on 4th day of CNY last yr and got caught for >6hrs at Danok going into Msia on nxt day!
Jinglexo
post Jan 23 2017, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Nov 2 2016, 05:54 PM)

Hi bro, the so called m club is it under MBI group? They seems to be so popular among the Thais. I wonder what kind of business they r in. the m club is expensive and money sucking place. And smaller joints also similar. Nothing much to do there except prostitution for single men.
metaled
post Jan 24 2017, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(Jinglexo @ Jan 23 2017, 09:10 AM)
Hi bro, the so called m club is it under MBI group? They seems to be so popular among the Thais. I wonder what kind of business they r in. the m club is expensive and money sucking place. And smaller joints also similar. Nothing much to do there except prostitution for single men.
Back then it has nothing to do with MBI, but details have always been sketchy on who is the owner. Not that i run deep enough to know all this details. Presently i am not sure if they have a thing going on with MBI.

M Club is expensive for casual go once in a while guy. Those that go frequent have their mouth/mental skill trained to avoid sticky nonsense situation. At least the bunch of guys i know only want the atmosphere, not the girls in there.

Dannok is a dead place. It has nothing but sex, alcohol, gambling, drugs all those good stuff if u know where to look.

But a lot development is incoming for the next 2-3 years.

CNY incoming, road blocks from our side is frequent. Becareful everyone hide properly your stuff that is not meant to be seen by the officials.

BTW i hope TS can sticky this.

When driving out of Thailand, only GET DOWN FROM YOUR VEHICLE WHEN IT IS ALREADY YOUR TURN AND YOUR CAR IS ALREADY AT THE CUSTOM BOOTH, NOT BEFORE.
Jinglexo
post Jan 25 2017, 01:01 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ Jan 24 2017, 01:03 PM)
Back then it has nothing to do with MBI, but details have always been sketchy on who is the owner. Not that i run deep enough to know all this details. Presently i am not sure if they have a thing going on with MBI.

M Club is expensive for casual go once in a while guy. Those that go frequent have their mouth/mental skill trained to avoid sticky nonsense situation. At least the bunch of guys i know only want the atmosphere, not the girls in there.

Dannok is a dead place. It has nothing but sex, alcohol, gambling, drugs all those good stuff if u know where to look.

But a lot development is incoming for the next 2-3 years.

CNY incoming, road blocks from our side is frequent. Becareful everyone hide properly your stuff that is not meant to be seen by the officials.

BTW i hope TS can sticky this.

When driving out of Thailand, only GET DOWN FROM YOUR VEHICLE WHEN IT IS ALREADY YOUR TURN AND YOUR CAR IS ALREADY AT THE CUSTOM BOOTH, NOT BEFORE.
I went to the gambling joint before. Not bad and a bit smoky. The entire experience was great. That was my friend that brought me to have a look . It's been some time since me and my fellow friend hit the club. Like u, for the atmosphere. It's totally different compared to those in KL.

Regarding drugs, yeah I mean hell yeah. Some of the pusher is cops undercover. I don't want end up in Thai jail. Miss the food so much over there. Not cheap anymore.

Micky78
post Feb 22 2017, 08:22 AM

Regular
1,094 posts

Any recent hotel recommend in dannok that easy get breakfast?

Fare to hatyai Dr dannok still 100baht?
guardianz01
post Feb 27 2017, 09:37 AM

16 posts

Hi planning to make a trip down to Danok from K.L., would like to know if taking a car and driving across is a good idea or do I take a flight and take a taxi to Danok. My first time there not planning to go anywhere far just plan to go for the weekend.

Any recommendations on what to do there ?
nicholasnzy90
post Mar 9 2017, 09:59 PM

8 posts

Please recommend some clubs to hangout. With Cheap beers, pretty girls.
sapenmackey
post Apr 11 2017, 12:20 PM

44 posts

All sifu,

This post has been edited by sapenmackey: May 12 2017, 11:33 AM
Jinglexo
post Apr 15 2017, 09:13 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(nicholasnzy90 @ Mar 9 2017, 09:59 PM)
Please recommend some clubs to hangout. With Cheap beers, pretty girls.
M club , kpk

41 Pages « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:54 PM