Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

41 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Food Only Danok, Thailand (Border) & Bukit Kayu Hitam, Alert!! 1/5/2014- A MUST to DECLARE!

views

TSck23
post Aug 12 2012, 11:08 AM, updated 6y ago

Enthusiast
717 posts

Well, i found out that in LYN, most people are talking about Hatyai, there is no DANNOK thread so far.

I am creating one just to share to you guys.

Dannok is close to Malaysia Border. Just within walking distance. It's a good place for a half day or a day trip. Day trip at Thailand? Only Perlis/Kedah/Penang people can do this.

I need all of you to share your experience and recommendation here.

For those who are unable to drive in, can park their car at Duty Free Zone. Then walk into Thailand.

For those who are genuine car owner, can refer below: May Refer Hatyai Thread

FAQ:
Bukit Kayu Hitam Immigration Office for Passport & Border (Application and Renewal)
Call 04-9221621

Driving -in Info:

Latest Info updated 01/05/2014
Attached Image
Attached Image

CAUTIOUS! ALL CARS MUST DECLARE AND DO A VEHICLE IMPORT PERMIT BEFORE HEADING IN TO THAILAND.
IT IS A MUST NOW!! IF YOU ARE DRIVING INTO DANOK, SADAO, HATYAI, PLEASE DECLARE ELSE YOU WOULD BE FINE IF FOUND OUT. MAX. FINE RM30K. (A SINGAPOREAN WITH SINGAPORE CARS ALREADY KENA)

Update 13/11/2015

Must fill:

Attached Image Attached Image

(Outdated Info):
For those intended to drive-in, please prepare the followings:
1. Photocopy of Car title (Geran) under your own name.
2. No need insurance cuz it's just a few hour.
3. Driver drops off passenger for them to stamp.
4. Driver can stamp at Driver booth (get your white card filled if you are using passport) or just drive in if you have a borderpass. (Give border to your friend to stamp for you)
5. The Thai custom wont check and wont even look and scrutinize on your Car Title, but make sure you are genuine owner.
6. Drive in and drive to your destination.

Food:-

1. Ped Restaurant
Attached Image
Blog 1

2. Waterview Restaurant

3. Pork Leg Rice
Attached Image

4. 7-Eleven: Burger, Ham, footlong cheese sausage
Blog 1

5. Street Food : Coconut Jelly, Nuts, fried chicken, steamed crab.
6. McDonalds : Samurai Pork Burger
Attached Image

7. KFC : Spicy Rice Combo meal

Shopping
1. Tesco Lotus: Lays Chips, cheap grocery, 50% off bakery after 6pm
2. Right hand side of street stores after passing customs to shop for cloth and stuff

Massage

Need you guys to update. Please share TQ~

QUOTE(fuzagi @ Aug 15 2012, 04:56 PM)
KPK is a hotel and club somewhat further down from the rest of Dannok. the shooting range is called THANAPAT SHOOTING SPORT CLUB. its not very visible from the main road though, look out for a signage with cocacola. your best option is to ask the motosaai guys to get u get.

Added on August 15, 2012, 5:19 pmmy fav supper is the steamed crabs on the street. those stalls along the mainroad are quite good. prices are according to sizes. starting from RM13 for a small one to RM30++ to a larger one. what makes the difference is their dipping chilli sauce. i personally like the one on the left side of the main road, ran by 2 ladies, with a drinks stall with lots of fresh coconut. their stall is one of the longer ones and has more seats, even up to the shoplot walkway. other than crabs, they have other seafood like squid, fishes and clams. very reasonably priced and the best thing is their chilli sauce. try out the many stalls for yourself and share the best u like here.

Added on August 15, 2012, 5:31 pmfor breakkie or brunch, the pork leg rice, on the right side of main road which also serves kuay teow soup. crowded and fast turnover of customers so eat quick or get unpleasant stares from one of the worker aunty there. also, a small stall nearby sells a kind of kuih (still dont know the name) which i guess is steamed coconut milk, flour and egg, and served with sugar, which tastes quite good to me.

other than that, the big and tasty fried chicken, som taam, and McD's samurai pork burger is what i eat in between meals

Added on August 15, 2012, 5:46 pma note, the Waterview Restaurant vans are available for 240baht, which will be added to your bill later. it includes pick up from your hotel, and a ride back to your hotel. just ask for it at the frontdesk. but, u might have to wait for 10mins++ at the hotel. if your lucky, less than 5mins.
QUOTE(skon9 @ Aug 15 2012, 07:03 PM)
Currently the best hotel ate definitely Siam Thana for me, it's new, clean, cheap and it's big.. Ask for the normal room without balcony will save you 200bth..

Also it's better for you guys to do advanced booking, because the hotel room are limited, for the past few weeks, trying to get the room by walk-in but all fully book, even on normal day..

Agree with fuzagi, those stall selling kuih are great and most important it's cheap, where can you get a bak Chang for only 15bth with full ingredient?
My favorite stall is the one after the orange Minimarket, in front of the handphone accessories shop, but be there early..
QUOTE(Nub! @ Aug 26 2013, 08:19 PM)
Guys, I need urgent help here. I'm driving to hat yat from kl early morning tomorrow. So swift reply is much appreciated. I have did some research as you have to buy insurance there to obtain something call carnet which I have no idea what is that. Also Im driving my mom's car with an original geran but under her name. So I reckon this is a problem as well as I read the car you use must be your own name? Anyone face similar situation like me? Please share your experience.
An authorization letter is needed. ( in English )

Here is a sample written by my friend and asked me print.

Wong XX
Address
Taman
81400 Senai, Johor.

(Pejabat Immigresen Bukit Kayu Hitam,
Kompleks Imigresen,
06050 Bukit Kayu Hitam,
Kedah Darul Aman.​​​​​​​​     ) optional

Date

To whom it may concern,

AUTHORIZATION LETTER FOR CAR TO BE ENTERED TO THAILAND
MALAYSIA REGISTRATION NUMBER WXX1111 

I’m Wong XX (Malaysian IC Number : 6xxx22-08-5xxx)and writing a letter that giving authorization of my car with Malaysian car registration number WXX1111 to my son, Wong YY (Malaysian IC Number: 89xxx3-01-5xx3) to drive enter to Thailand.

2.​Detail specification of my car is Brand: Perodua, model: Myvi, Make: 2012 , Malaysian car registration number: WXX1111 and with color Classic.

Yours faithfully,

Insurance can be bought at Changlun. Look at your left side when you near Changlun town. In front Changlun Speed mart has got a few. Near money changer 55 has got one. CTC n naluri aman also got. (Better/ample parking place)

Entering Thai, you need to get a temporary car import permit. The form must be returned upon exit.

This post has been edited by ck23: Nov 13 2015, 10:12 PM
stimix
post Aug 12 2012, 01:10 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

A small pekan wth few wooden shoplots in late 80's & early 90's... now suddenly booming town that even Hatyai can't offered. Within walking distance away from Bkt Kayu Hitam

Warning for those thinking of Driving to Thailand:

QUOTE(KooNKHaR @ Feb 22 2013, 12:23 PM)
hi guys,

this is regarding a fatal accident in bangkok recently, involving one dead biker from subang jaya..
and in the matter of insurance claiming, it was rejected since he doesn't have international license.

* so guys, please take note on this matter.

because all this while we are comfortable with the insurance that we purchase at the border,
without knowing the real claiming procedure which requires international license.

p/s: u can apply for it at any jpj counter, requires 2 license photos, RM 150 (valid for 1 year) and a valid license.. (duhh!)

smile.gif
This post has been edited by stimix: Feb 22 2013, 12:32 PM
wschan
post Aug 12 2012, 01:14 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

Can i know where is it? cant find in google map. Planning to drive to Thailand during Raya holidays. Thanks.
stimix
post Aug 12 2012, 01:20 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

QUOTE(wschan @ Aug 12 2012, 01:14 PM)
Can i know where is it? cant find in google map. Planning to drive to Thailand during Raya holidays. Thanks.
Just right after Bkt Kayu Hitam lor. The 1st town immeidately after you stamp your passport at Thai side biggrin.gif .. The new Hatyai after hatyai been "TAMED" decade + ago
Xploit Machine
post Aug 12 2012, 01:26 PM

孤独な旅行者
6,827 posts

I would like too share Dannok town scenery .. I went there end 2011, a very beautiful town, friendly people, at least six 7-Elevens around walking distance rclxub.gif .. cheap hotels, bars, pubs, massage parlour, markets and foodstalls smile.gif also beautiful girls wub.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Recommended for everyone at rating 8/10 !

TSck23
post Aug 12 2012, 01:29 PM

Enthusiast
717 posts

i think 7-eleven is over 10 stores.
Xploit Machine
post Aug 12 2012, 01:30 PM

孤独な旅行者
6,827 posts

QUOTE(ck23 @ Aug 12 2012, 01:29 PM)
i think 7-eleven is over 10 stores.
inclusive "Thai" dupe 7E's?
TSck23
post Aug 12 2012, 01:34 PM

Enthusiast
717 posts

QUOTE(Xploit Machine @ Aug 12 2012, 01:30 PM)
inclusive "Thai" dupe 7E's?
whats that?
stimix
post Aug 12 2012, 01:36 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

I should have taken the town with few rows of attap shops in the late 80's & 90's... now totally diff ball game liao haha
Xploit Machine
post Aug 12 2012, 01:36 PM

孤独な旅行者
6,827 posts

QUOTE(ck23 @ Aug 12 2012, 01:34 PM)
whats that?
there are 7Eleven look-alike stores too (Thai version of 7E's)
Xploit Machine
post Aug 12 2012, 01:46 PM

孤独な旅行者
6,827 posts

at a glance it looks like Kuala Selangor town biggrin.gif
samlee860407
post Aug 12 2012, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,624 posts

a small town that offers really nice food, especially that ped restaurant which had been there for many years

the little road side stalls on the road side at night is amazing too

but don't expect price of food to be cheap hor.

PS: just after u chop ur passport at the thai border, you are in danok d. the border security is pretty meh, you can actually walk into it without chopping ur passport lolx
etigge
post Aug 12 2012, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(samlee860407 @ Aug 12 2012, 03:58 PM)
a small town that offers really nice food, especially that ped restaurant which had been there for many years

the little road side stalls on the road side at night is amazing too

but don't expect price of food to be cheap hor.

PS: just after u chop ur passport at the thai border, you are in danok d. the border security is pretty meh, you can actually walk into it without chopping ur passport lolx
It used to be easy but not anymore. Not worth risking going over without passport. You might get caught by the UPP. This because of the bombings that happened and some blamed our government is supporting them and hence the tighter security by our enforcements. The main attraction is 'Thigh girls' lah, what else. everyone here is so polite! laugh.gif A lot of Kedahans goes over on Thursday afternoon and comes back Friday, ha,ha,ha. Been there once but still finds Hatyai a better and more civilised place to enjoy. icon_rolleyes.gif
samlee860407
post Aug 12 2012, 05:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,624 posts

QUOTE(etigge @ Aug 12 2012, 05:14 PM)
It used to be easy but not anymore. Not worth risking going over without passport. You might get caught by the UPP. This because of the bombings that happened and some blamed our government is supporting them and hence the tighter security by our enforcements. The main attraction is 'Thigh girls' lah, what else. everyone here is so polite! laugh.gif A lot of Kedahans goes over on Thursday afternoon and comes back Friday, ha,ha,ha. Been there once but still finds Hatyai a better and more civilised place to enjoy. icon_rolleyes.gif
haha, no la, i am not talking about going over without passport

to me, the malaysia side of the immigration still pretty tight, but once you pass the duty free complex and reach the thai border, it's really easy

if the queue is wrong, you can literally just walk pass the counter, go and have a lunch then come back to chop ur passport lolx. at least thats what i saw when i was there few months back, before the latest lee garden bombing

skon9
post Aug 12 2012, 11:37 PM

Casual
384 posts

Massage:
Mutiara spa
Sha lala
Tanjung
Paradise
The one beside Thai-Malay hotel
Oscar Palace
He Jia
And LOTS MORE..!!! biggrin.gif

Btw, Danok is more to sex tourism spot, so definitely i won promote this place to anyone..
Sichiri
post Aug 13 2012, 06:19 AM

Regular
1,165 posts

any info on how to get there? bus/train/taxi?
samlee860407
post Aug 13 2012, 07:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,624 posts

QUOTE(Sichiri @ Aug 13 2012, 06:19 AM)
i think bus and train last stop will be changlun

from there to the border should be less than 5km....iirc
stimix
post Aug 13 2012, 07:28 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

There are express buses direct from KL to Bukit Kayu Hitam immigration area:
https://www.roadhop.com/search?country=Mala...ukit+Kayu+Hitam

Thereafter just walk-in to Danok. only 850m away from M'sian side of immigration
psmalaysia.com
post Aug 13 2012, 09:46 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

I never go Danok but is just walking distance from the Immigration where you stamp your passport.

I only go Hatyai but not Danok. But did stop a Danok to have a nice Thai food in a restaurant at the lake. Forget the name but it was very famous. One thing I hate this place is the waiter and waitress, soon after you finish your meal, they request for tips upon you paying the bill. Is very impolite.
skon9
post Aug 13 2012, 09:56 AM

Casual
384 posts

QUOTE(Sichiri @ Aug 13 2012, 06:19 AM)
Some bus direct into Bukit Kayu Hitam border and some stop at changlun where you need to take taxi to the border...

*warming, never take the motor-taxi on both side of the border, it's simply cut throat.. Just walk for 500meter...

QUOTE(samlee860407 @ Aug 13 2012, 07:16 AM)
i think bus and train last stop will be changlun

from there to the border should be less than 5km....iirc
There's no train into changlun, the train is on the other side in Padang besar..

QUOTE(psmalaysia.com @ Aug 13 2012, 09:46 AM)
I never go Danok but is just walking distance from the Immigration where you stamp your passport.

I only go Hatyai but not Danok. But did stop a Danok to have a nice Thai food in a restaurant at the lake. Forget the name but it was very famous. One thing I hate this place is the waiter and waitress, soon after you finish your meal, they request for tips upon you paying the bill. Is very impolite.
It's waterview restaurant..

41 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:29 PM