Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Keto Diet, Share you exp, tips and trick

views

jayko
post Jan 15 2019, 11:15 PM

Casual
417 posts

newbie to keto diet, learning small pieces one at a time from the sifus here. lol
Horatio_D
post Sep 26 2019, 02:18 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(elvenchou1987 @ May 18 2012, 04:10 PM)
Mind sharing your daily diet? I've tried few weeks ago. Its hard. Suffering from hunger the whole day. My meal was like, whole-meal bread with peanut butter, eggs, boiled breast with brocolli and carrots, and those snack bars like nature's valley.

After 2 weeks, i started increasing my carbs intake slowly but still trying my best to avoid carbs as much as possible.
it u find it difficult dont force yourself.. is a lifestyle change... i suggest you try intermittent fasting work much better.... i lost 15kg within 6 month n still cont to follow this method... they said the habits kicks in after 22days... now i m ok not to eat night and i m diabetes free now .. HBA1C is 5.4 .... i hope it helps
cheers1
helven
post Sep 27 2019, 10:52 AM

Doko Online
919 posts

QUOTE(Horatio_D @ Sep 26 2019, 02:18 PM)
it u find it difficult dont force yourself.. is a lifestyle change... i suggest you try intermittent fasting work much better.... i lost 15kg within 6 month n still cont to follow this method... they said the habits kicks in after 22days... now i m ok not to eat night and i m diabetes free now .. HBA1C is 5.4 .... i hope it helps
cheers1
Grats! Did you mean you recover from diabetes by doing keto?
Horatio_D
post Sep 27 2019, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(helven @ Sep 27 2019, 10:52 AM)
Grats! Did you mean you recover from diabetes by doing keto?
TQ...
Nope by doing IF but stil eat low carb. no sugar drinks.. i still do eat rice.. small portion... but no dinner at night or i eat lite like vege .. just not to spike my sugar....
helven
post Aug 19 2020, 05:07 PM

Doko Online
919 posts

Recently I am currently reading about keto diet and come across with this highly rated MCT oil.

Provided controlled context:
1. calorie is at maintenance, energy balance is zero (0)
2. calorie, macro, micro remain unchanged
3. physical activity remain unchanged
4. everything remain unchanged
5. replace fat source from normal cooking oil to MCT oil <-- this is the variable that changed

Since I do not have any experience with keto nor did it myself. So my question is, in weight loss/fat loss perspective, will the 5 change anything?
If yes, how?
If no, why?

My thought:
Because MCT is advertised to loss weight / burn fat and cost so much more compare to other good fat source (weight loss product often results good money), I don't deny other health benefits of MCT but I am very skeptical about the claim when comes to weight loss.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25636220/
I don't understand how MCT can result negative energy balance as energy cannot be created nor destroyed, unless consuming MCT makes one to practically eat lesser in a which eventually leads to caloric deficit. *edit (correlation)

I understand the law of calorie balance thus in my mind I am expecting the result will be:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

any thoughts? notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by helven: Aug 21 2020, 12:57 AM
TSalien9
post Aug 20 2020, 06:47 AM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

QUOTE(helven @ Aug 19 2020, 05:07 PM)
Recently I am currently reading about keto diet and come across with this highly rated MCT oil.

5. replace fat source from normal cooking oil to MCT oil <-- this is the variable that changed

Since I do not have any experience with keto nor did it myself. So my question is, in weight loss/fat loss perspective, will the 5 change anything?
If yes, how?
If no, why?

My thought:
Because MCT is advertised to loss weight / burn fat and cost so much more compare to other good fat source (weight loss product often results good money), I don't deny other health benefits of MCT but I am very skeptical about the claim when comes to weight loss.

I don't understand how MCT can result negative energy balance as energy cannot be created nor destroyed, unless consuming MCT makes one to practically eat lesser in a which eventually leads to caloric deficit.

I understand the law of calorie balance thus in my mind I am expecting the result will be:

any thoughts?  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
Can say much about MCT but here what I know:

Cold drinks can reduce weight because when you consume it, your body temperature will be lower and your body will try to regulate to its normal temperature, which requires energy to do so. If you are running calorie maintenance, you will definitely have some calorie deficit via this way.

This post has been edited by alien9: Aug 20 2020, 06:48 AM
laucy.my
post Nov 2 2020, 11:38 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(helven @ Aug 19 2020, 05:07 PM)

If yes, how?
If no, why?

My thought:

I don't understand how MCT can result negative energy balance as energy cannot be created nor destroyed, unless consuming MCT makes one to practically eat lesser in a which eventually leads to caloric deficit. *edit (correlation)

any thoughts?  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
I have tried MCT oil before and to be honest it is a ripoff. Normal coconut oil also has MCT, just not as concentrated. MCT oil is also extremely harsh on the stomach so you might get discomfort or GERD/acid reflux. I'd say skip it and just use normal coconut oil. I didn't see any difference using MCT oil compared to regular stuff.
SUScanuponly
post Nov 2 2020, 11:47 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(Horatio_D @ Sep 26 2019, 02:18 PM)
cheers1
What is your reading when you first time know got diabetes?

You do what type of IF? 16 : 8?

What food you eat ?

I have diabetes too. I hope i can reverse it like you.

Thank you.
Horatio_D
post Nov 6 2020, 02:10 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(canuponly @ Nov 2 2020, 11:47 PM)
What is your reading when you first time know got diabetes?

You do what type of IF? 16 : 8?

What food you eat ?

I have diabetes too. I hope i can reverse it like you.

Thank you.
my reading was 12 to 15 normally.
yes 16:8 is easy to follow... last meal at 7pm until 1pm
go for protein food.. fish vege etc. and small ccarb.. rice n bread.. brown rice n wholewheat.
...cut down on sweet drink if you got diabetes already.... totally cut down.. is not worth it and astly exercise.. cycling or walking or even cross trainer..3 time a week

8 Pages « < 6 7 8Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.90    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 PM