Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Q&A] Pos Laju Services, Ver 2

electronicfly
post Nov 30 2011, 11:43 AM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
100 posts

Before you ask a question, please search through the old thread over at https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/106419 first, or at least read the first few posts.

Pos Malaysia's website
Pos Laju online tracking service (Usually updated at around 10AM or 11PM) Update: Appears that some have trouble with this, so you can try here or here as well.
Pos Laju rates (Remember to read the fine print. Certain cost not included yet one)
Pos Malaysia Network (Addresses, direct contact info etc). Pos Laju can also be delivered through a third party company called Mailboxes Etc
Pos Laju pickup service coverage and details
More Pos Laju services
Pos Malaysia customer service tollfree hotline: 1-300-300-300 (Operating Hours: Mon – Fri : 8.30am to 8.00pm ; Saturdays: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
Pos Malaysia customer service email address: csc@pos.com.my
Second delivery is FOC. Contact Pos Laju to arrange

Current rough postage cost for parcels <500g:
Within WM/Sabah/Sarawak = RM6
WM to Sarawak (and vice versa) = RM8
WM to Sabah (and vice versa) = RM9

Current delivery times
Large/medium towns = next working day
Small/interior towns = next working day or up to 3 working days
*Please check here for the exact timing, as it depends on recipient's location aka postcode)
*Pos Laju is open everyday except Sundays, Public Holidays and the first Saturday of the month
*Parcels posted after the cut off time (Depends on branch, usually either 2:30PM or 4PM) will only be processed the next working day

Pos Laju pickup service general info
Additional surcharge of RM5.00 per pick up is charged regardless the number of items send.
Free pick-up services is offered for Pos Laju account holders.
For documents and parcels up to 30kg.

Pos Laju account requirements and T&C (As of July 2011)
!! Accounts can only be opened if you have a company !!
Form PL13 (Poslaju )
Form 9/13
Form 24
Form 49
photo copy of Director’s IC/Manager
Rates quoted is subject to 10% Handling surcharge, 15% Fuel Surcharge and 6% Goverment tax.
All posting is subject to PosLaju standard terms & conditions.
For item weight more than 30kg, the 6% GST tax is not applicable.
The chargeable rate is based on the actual weight of the item or by volumetric calculation, which ever is higher.
Payment term is 30 days from the date of invoice.
Compensation coverage: For damages or loss in transit, item weight less than 2kg is entitled for claim a maximum of RM100 per consignment and for item more than 2kg is entitled for claim a maximum RM300 per consignment or the actual cost/value of the item whichever is lower.
All claims should be reported within one (1) working day from the date receipt.

Additional service: Insurance coverage
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Some T&Cs:
- Must be done through Pos Laju Centers only.
- Insurance will cost RM1.50 or 0.15% of sum insured, whichever higher (2.15% of sum insured for high risk items).
- Jewelleries, currency, dangerous and/or hazardous goods, illegal items, perishable goods, livestock and breakable items cannot be insured.
- International shipping can also be insured.
- Claim is to be done by sender at any Pos Laju center within 30 days from date of posting and must submit proof of posting.
Shall update this with more info later

This post has been edited by electronicfly: Jan 30 2012, 10:32 PM
electronicfly
post Nov 30 2011, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
100 posts

Misc Info

Comparisons between Pos Malaysia's postal services:
Normal mail = Stamp only, no tracking, no signature required. From RM0.60 onwards
Registered mail = Stamp and registered mail sticker, tracking available, signature required, for packages <2KG only. From RM2.20 onwards
e-Parcel = e-Parcel form, tracking available, signature required, for packages >2KG only. From RM7 onwards
Pos Laju = Pos Laju form, tracking available, signature required, expedited mail. From RM6 onwards
Pos Ekspres = Pos Ekspres envelope/box of set price and size, tracking available, no signature required, expedited mail, for documents only. From RM3 onwards

Tracking codes:
Registered mail: RDxxxxxxxxxMY (Domestic) or RFxxxxxxxxxMY (From overseas, in this case Hong Kong. Not sure about from other countries)
Pos Laju: EMxxxxxxxxxMY or EDxxxxxxxxxMY
e-Parcel: CDxxxxxxxxxMY
Pos Ekspres: LExxxxxxxxxMY or LGxxxxxxxxxMY

Volumetric weight measurement = [length(cm) x width(cm) x height(cm)] / 6000 = KG

Lingo:
Expedited mail = express mail
Flyers = Courier plastic bags
Cut off time = Deadline for parcels to be sent if you want it to be processed on that day itself, if not will only be processed at the next working day
Item collected from the counter = Time parcel was posted
Item dispatch out from origin station = Time parcel was sent from Post Office to Pos Laju Center
Item arrived at processing center = Time parcel arrived at Pos Laju Center
Unable To Deliver The Item Due To Addressee Not Available At Time Of Delivery = No one was available to accept parcel when delivery person arrived. Contact Pos Laju for FOC second delivery or self-collect at stated location.
Unable to deliver the item due to missed delivery = Pos Laju delayed parcel. Can get Sender to make report and claim

This post has been edited by electronicfly: Feb 11 2012, 10:28 AM
dasherzx
post Nov 30 2011, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

First biggrin.gif
Anyway i want ask question. I live in Machang Bubok area, so will my packages be sent to poslaju kulim or.poslaju bukit mertajam? Help pls thanks for those who live here.
kamfoo
post Nov 30 2011, 04:03 PM

Enthusiast
793 posts

i need to send box is about 28cm x 22cm x 18cm . weight <500gm. how much they charge? is it they charge weight or volumetric. thankzz
electronicfly
post Nov 30 2011, 06:03 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
100 posts

QUOTE(dasherzx @ Nov 30 2011, 03:49 PM)
First biggrin.gif
Anyway i want ask question. I live in Machang Bubok area, so will my packages be sent to poslaju kulim or.poslaju bukit mertajam? Help pls thanks for those who live here.
I think you need to call Pos Laju to ask about this, as I believe their areas are divided by postcode one. Hopefully someone here stays near you and so knows.

QUOTE(kamfoo @ Nov 30 2011, 04:03 PM)
i need to send  box is about 28cm x 22cm x 18cm . weight <500gm. how much they charge? is it they charge weight or volumetric. thankzz
if the person not lazy, then volumetric since it's so bulky. you can calculate the volumetric weight yourself (I already put the formula above) and check through the Pos Laju website how much you'll need to pay.

Strawberry<3
post Nov 30 2011, 07:26 PM

Trusted and Best Seller
1,763 posts

Nice electronicfly ! .. finally we got a new thread for Poslaju and with a clearer info on the 1st post...

thanks electronicfly
electronicfly
post Nov 30 2011, 08:23 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
100 posts

QUOTE(Strawberry<3 @ Nov 30 2011, 07:26 PM)
Nice electronicfly ! .. finally we got a new thread for Poslaju and with a clearer info on the 1st post...

thanks electronicfly
lol, easier to copy and paste than to create ma tongue.gif

would need your help though, since I think you're more well versed in these stuff than I am. Anything else you think should be on the first post?
Strawberry<3
post Nov 30 2011, 09:35 PM

Trusted and Best Seller
1,763 posts

QUOTE(electronicfly @ Nov 30 2011, 08:23 PM)
lol, easier to copy and paste than to create ma tongue.gif

would need your help though, since I think you're more well versed in these stuff than I am. Anything else you think should be on the first post?
I think you've put almost all the needed infos... couldn't think of anymore at the moment. Already clear enough thumbup.gif
dasherzx
post Dec 1 2011, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(electronicfly @ Nov 30 2011, 06:03 PM)
I think you need to call Pos Laju to ask about this, as I believe their areas are divided by postcode one. Hopefully someone here stays near you and so knows.
if the person not lazy, then volumetric since it's so bulky. you can calculate the volumetric weight yourself (I already put the formula above) and check through the Pos Laju website how much you'll need to pay.
Oh okay. btw where is PO Bukit Mertajam? Is it the post office or poslaju office which one? My package got held there.
kamfoo
post Dec 1 2011, 03:04 PM

Enthusiast
793 posts

QUOTE(electronicfly @ Nov 30 2011, 06:03 PM)
har sound expensives lo. i thought less than 30cm is count weight
Strawberry<3
post Dec 1 2011, 06:15 PM

Trusted and Best Seller
1,763 posts

QUOTE(dasherzx @ Dec 1 2011, 11:08 AM)
Oh okay. btw where is PO Bukit Mertajam? Is it the post office or poslaju office which one? My package got held there.
If they left a note/card for you then there should be the address at the note/card.

btw, here is the Bukit Mertajam main office address:

POSLAJU BUKIT MERTAJAM
No 42 Jalan Bayu Mutiara 1
Taman Bayu Mutiara, Mukim 11
Bukit Tengah
14000 Bukit Mertajam
Pulau Pinang

04-507 4513

You can call them to double confirm the place

QUOTE(kamfoo @ Dec 1 2011, 03:04 PM)
har sound expensives lo. i thought less than 30cm is count weight
28cm x 22cm x 18cm .. Should be charge by weight smile.gif Less than 500gm send within west Malaysia is Rm6

This post has been edited by Strawberry<3: Dec 1 2011, 06:16 PM
electronicfly
post Dec 1 2011, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
Group Icon
VIP
100 posts

QUOTE(Strawberry<3 @ Dec 1 2011, 06:15 PM)
28cm x 22cm x 18cm .. Should be charge by weight smile.gif Less than 500gm send within west Malaysia is Rm6
Hmm, not depends on how hardworking the counter staff is one meh? coz the size is quite bulky d, and if calculated with volumetric weight it'll be 1.8+kg d.
@kamfoo either way, I hope you get charged by weight only, if not so emm dai
Strawberry<3
post Dec 2 2011, 09:46 AM

Trusted and Best Seller
1,763 posts

QUOTE(electronicfly @ Dec 1 2011, 11:05 PM)
Hmm, not depends on how hardworking the counter staff is one meh? coz the size is quite bulky d, and if calculated with volumetric weight it'll be 1.8+kg d.
@kamfoo either way, I hope you get charged by weight only, if not so emm dai
quite depend on them but mostly they will lazy to measure if there are alot of people. Have to depend on his luck now nod.gif
aikachan
post Dec 12 2011, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

I'm going to Poslaju tomorrow. And I want to post something.

What is the procedure?

Like need to take number etc.

Thanks in advance smile.gif
SUSnordingh
post Dec 12 2011, 02:41 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

QUOTE(aikachan @ Dec 12 2011, 02:27 PM)
I'm going to Poslaju tomorrow. And I want to post something.

What is the procedure?

Like need to take number etc.

Thanks in advance smile.gif
all poslaju need to get number except for smaller branch like at cyberjaya post office, need to que.

get the form and fill up 1st before get the number. Don't fill up when already at the counter, everyone hate when people do that. It's make everyone waiting longer.

This post has been edited by nordingh: Dec 12 2011, 02:43 PM
aikachan
post Dec 12 2011, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ Dec 12 2011, 02:41 PM)
all poslaju need to get number except for smaller branch like at cyberjaya post office, need to que.

get the form and fill up 1st before get the number. Don't fill up when already at the counter, everyone hate when people do that. It's make everyone waiting longer.
Haha ok smile.gif
thanks

after I fill the form, then I should just take number and go the counter and then what will the staff will ask me to do?

Do I need to pack them in the plastic or they will do it? (I mean the Poslaju 'plastic') tongue.gif

If I do it myself, do I have to pack/wrap them at the counter or before?

Sorry if u don't get it tongue.gif

btw, I will go to Poslaju Batu Caves, I think need to take number..
SUSsoundsyst64
post Dec 12 2011, 02:56 PM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs
3,725 posts

QUOTE(aikachan @ Dec 12 2011, 02:50 PM)
Haha ok smile.gif
thanks

after I fill the form, then I should just take number and go the counter and then what will the staff will ask me to do?

Do I need to pack them in the plastic or they will do it? (I mean the Poslaju 'plastic') tongue.gif

If I do it myself, do I have to pack/wrap them at the counter or before?

Sorry if u don't get it tongue.gif

btw, I will go to Poslaju Batu Caves, I think need to take number..
most poslaju counter no need for you to take queue number. Just fill the form and queue at the counter.

packing - it is recommended for you to pack your items. Do the packing before coming to poslaju counter

aikachan
post Dec 12 2011, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(soundsyst64 @ Dec 12 2011, 02:56 PM)
most poslaju counter no need for you to take queue number. Just fill the form and queue at the counter.

packing - it is recommended for you to pack your items. Do the packing before coming to poslaju counter
I wrap it using A4 paper. I mean the poslaju plastic that like.. Err.. I mean if I buy something they will pack the item inside something like Poslaju plastic. So where can I get it? 0.0 at the counter?
SUSsoundsyst64
post Dec 12 2011, 03:14 PM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs
3,725 posts

QUOTE(aikachan @ Dec 12 2011, 03:08 PM)
I wrap it using A4 paper. I mean the poslaju plastic that like.. Err.. I mean if I buy something they will pack the item inside something like Poslaju plastic. So where can I get it? 0.0 at the counter?
you can request at the counter.
SUSnordingh
post Dec 12 2011, 03:46 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

need to wrap 1st yourself before go. The poslaju plastic only for someone who have an account with them and only available at big Poslaju center. I have ask before, they always say don't have it. When I ask at Brickfield poslaju center, they ask for account number. But I lucky enough to get 1 or 2 sometime.

Poslaju Brickfield need to get the number not sure for Batu Caves. Even I live at Selayang, I always post at either Brickfield or Cyberjaya.

97 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0247sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:54 AM