» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Thank you very much for your in-depth explanation that I greatly appreciate..No disrespect to other experts here, but I feel a lot more comfortable getting some advice from u..and sorry for being too direct
As a summary of mine to ur questions, these are the things I feel are important..
1) April 2012, I upgraded from Byond to Byond PVR with the 500gb hard disk inside..previously for around two years since I upgraded from old Astro to Byond, I never had this problem..
2) If Im not mistaken, when I upgraded from old Astro to Byond, my satellite cable was not changed..and at that that time it was already 10 years old..and the thing is, my cable runs from the 'side' of my house, to the middle portion of my house as I live in a corner lot terrace house..I can estimate how long the distance form the dish to my TV is, but my point is, when I upgraded from old box to Byond without changing the satellite cable, it never caused me any problems..everything that was supposed to be changed, was changed like the dish and all..
3) When I upgraded to Byond PVR, I knew about the two LNB output so yes I paid attention to that point when it was being installed..however, what I did not know was whether the installer changed my old satellite cable..i definitely know the installed the new one to make it two cables running to my PVR box however, I do not know whether both cables are new or just one of them..my gut feeling and from what I remember, maybe one old and one new..if thats even possible..I cant honestly remember
4) I dont use a splitter so for me that is out of the window
5) Yes, it is the same channels that will are affected everyday and approximately at the same..I will do what u asked me to do first..those 6 steps u noted down before calling Astro should the problem still occurs..
My gut feeling is still that the installer did not align my dish correctly because I have gone through the experience before at my grandparents home..same channels, same time, everyday..gosh I hope I still had a pic of how ridiculously the installers fixed the dish..need kayu to support the whole dish from kendur or hanging..that was a case off them being malas..coz for God's sake there was concrete walls to the left and right of where they positioned the dish..they were malas to do the drilling and all..and some more, old folks home, so they think nobody will climb the roof to see their shoddy work..and heck, my grandparents home is not kampung kayu house ok! in the middle of PJ some more..! but hopefully they wont be facing that problem anymore coz my atok recently fixed his leaking roof, and he asked the Indon contractor to move the dish to the concreted wall..and its even properly aligned..!heck Indon can do better work than the so called Astro technicians..no need expensive satellite gadgets and all!
Anyways, I will give it some time, hopefully the next two weeks and do the survey u suggested..will also check the cables to see if got any problems before reporting back here and calling Astro..useless to call Astro now..they will just say no technicians, or after Raya only can come fix.. will wait after Raya only do the calling..
Again thanks man for ur useful advice and again I really appreciate it