Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro B.yond Episode IV (Version 9.0), The New World of Entertainment

views

TSazrin_kiko
post Nov 18 2011, 09:02 PM, updated 12y ago

On my way
634 posts

Hello and welcome to the Astro B.yond Episode IV thread, Congratulations to all sifus who had contributed to this thread! rclxms.gif
user posted image Find us on Facebook
user posted image Follow sifu apexg2's blog

Links to the previous thread:
Astro B.yond Version I
Astro B.yond Version II
Astro B.yond Version III
Astro B.yond Version IV
Astro B.yond Version V
Astro B.yond Episode I
Astro B.yond Episode II
Astro B.yond Episode III

Service Fee:
Astro B.yond HD: Installation fee: FREE HD. HD fee: RM20/month*
Astro B.yond PVR: Installation fee: RM300 (existing customers); RM400 (new customers). Recording fee: RM10/month*
Astro B.yond IPTV: CLICK HERE
Astro B.yond VOD: Price may vary per VOD content subscribed.

Extra Note:
Minimum 1mbps internet connection are needed for the VOD service (Astro B.yond IPTV are excluded). Using mobile broadband (e.g. Maxis, Celcom, Digi, U, P1, YES) are not recommended as mobile quota may be used up. QoS service on your router may be needed to reserve minimum bandwidth to your Astro B.yond to ensure smooth VOD experience (TP-Link routers are highly recommended). For PVR users, use the 2nd Ethernet port.

Screenshot of the router's settings page:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Important links:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Basic guides for noobs: READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING

Please follow this thread for more information! Stay tuned folks!

This post has been edited by azrin_kiko: Jul 3 2012, 09:53 PM
TSazrin_kiko
post Nov 21 2011, 10:29 PM

On my way
634 posts

BTW, what can i add to the first post.... need ideas guys...
TSazrin_kiko
post Dec 22 2011, 04:46 PM

On my way
634 posts

Ch 722 STAR World HD. Starts on Boxing Day.

Source: TV Adverts

This post has been edited by azrin_kiko: Dec 22 2011, 05:21 PM
TSazrin_kiko
post Jan 9 2012, 08:47 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jan 9 2012, 12:16 PM)
Atleast all FIC (fox international channels) HD channel showed correct version of 4:3 programme. smile.gif  Other HD channel would just 4:3 stretch. sweat.gif
Sony Entertainment TV (AXN, One etc.) should be M&A'ed by FOX to make their showing 4:3 programme in correct ratio. So as HBO...
TSazrin_kiko
post Jun 29 2012, 11:36 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(chikana @ Jun 29 2012, 06:34 AM)
Is it becoz the host of ON AIR is the ex wife of Brunei Sultan?
Isn't one of the ONAIR contestant named Hassanal Bolqiah?
TSazrin_kiko
post Jul 3 2012, 09:18 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(jamesleetech @ Jul 2 2012, 11:19 PM)
Wow, you are new here and did not read all the previous answers to the many questions posted by many people. No problem because got too many pages of posts to read already.  smile.gif

I have already given answers before, at Page 75 (my Post No. 1500) and Page 104 (my Post No. 2072) so please find it and read the answers there. I don't want to repeat it here. I think others have asked similar questions before Page 75 and have already been answered... so a few months later, other people who will come here late and will again repeat the same questions, hehe.

Some or many questions can be answered by browsing "astro.com.my" and search for the answers there OR by phoning to Astro Customer Support which is toll-free (costs only local call by land-phones).

Mouse click on this link here... "http://www.astro.com.my/byond/articles/art_7929.html" which shows all the available HD channels at the present time. Look at the left column showing the HD channels logos. There are only a total of 19 HD Channels and most (not all) programs are different between the HD and SD channels.

Examples...

NGEO (National Gepgraphic) Channel 553 in SD... showing the program "Narrow Escapes Of WWII" at 11:00 pm, 02-07-12. Nat Geo HD Channel 573 showing the program "Ultimate Disaster" at 11:05 pm, 02-07-12. So the 2 Nat Geo channels, SD and HD showing different programs.

But Fox Movies Premium Channel 413 in SD and Fox Movies Premium HD Channel 433 showing same movie "Across The Universe" at the same time 11:00 pm 02-07-12. Of course, HD is much better in 1080i and, if available, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround audio. Some HD programs can be in Dolby 2.0 only.

When subscribed to HD service (RM 20/mth), at least 7 HD channels (from the total 19) can be watched. More HD channels that can be watched depend on which Astro Package is subscribed. Please refer to my previous posts.

Corrected typing mistake... Fox Movies Premium HD Channel 433... not 413. The SD channel is 413.

cool.gif
It's time to quote your replies on the first post...

TSazrin_kiko
post Jul 4 2012, 11:48 AM

On my way
634 posts

Just got a call from astro telling me that astro will phasing out the ye olde decoder but we have to pay RM20 HD fee with 1 year contract... What can I say is the B.yond decoder is really priced at RM240.
TSazrin_kiko
post Jul 5 2012, 09:47 PM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jul 5 2012, 06:51 PM)
Atleast FX retain original ratio screen  biggrin.gif , in KIX HD all 4:3 programme are stretched.  sweat.gif
The worst thing is KIX HD don't even bother to crop the letterboxed 16:9 programmes on some programmes, pretty stupid actually...
TSazrin_kiko
post Jul 29 2012, 04:48 AM

On my way
634 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jul 28 2012, 08:25 PM)
Yeah... Waste of bandwidth... biggrin.gif
channel 100 also need to go.. if astro wanted to promo all its astro first, mustika pack, indo pack, astro on demand and vod services, astro should do it in one special channel only, not up to 4 channels...
TSazrin_kiko
post Aug 11 2012, 10:41 AM

On my way
634 posts

Thread closed

Continue to

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2465662

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0555sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:54 PM