Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> water heater, price and quality

views

halcyon27
post Oct 18 2017, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(fixgd @ Oct 18 2017, 03:01 PM)
for Panasonic DH-3NDP1MS, is there an option to get with rain shower option?  or need to get the after market one.
Can always get after market rain shower kit like this and pair it with any instant water heater unit of your own choosing.

The bath and sanitary fittings brand called Abagno also carries what's known as an exposed shower column system as seen in this example here. You can get the cheapest then slowly mix and match the rain shower head like this and hand shower like this or any of your own choosing later. Some of them can swivel the rain shower arm which is especially useful if it's not centrally mounted as it usually is most of the time.

Without the swivel arm for the rain shower, the bathroom window most likely will receive the water most of the time.

Other established brands sells also like Johnson Suisse, Rubine and VTO. The last one is my favourite as seen here although the Rubine is also versatile as it allows not just rain or hand shower but both at the same time (all depends upon the flow rate to drive both).

Be careful when choosing this as there are three types:
A. Shower mixer / bath mixer attached
B. top shower plumbed retrofit with hand shower diverter
C. Instant water heater inlet type

Type A is when dedicated hot and cold plumbing are already built in. Most likely what you need would be type C.

Type B retrofit only when too lazy to hack so compromise is hand shower would have hot water so long as 20A electrical point is made available but rain shower (original overhead fixed shower) cold only. It's pictured in this thread in this post as asked by fahmiyaeii with one sold by VTO and also Grohe.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Oct 19 2017, 08:04 AM
fixgd
post Oct 19 2017, 09:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,846 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

thanks for your info. really helpful
tifosi
post Oct 20 2017, 05:50 PM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!
4,923 posts

Anyone know any water heater installer in Klang area (Bandar Botanic) to be specific.
kucuboy
post Oct 31 2017, 03:40 PM

On my way
693 posts

Has anyone heard about the new Panasonic model DH-3RP1 (with pump). According to a few retailers on 11Street and Shopee, is supposed to replace the older model DH-3JP2 (with pump). There is no information on this online. I called Panasonic Malaysia customer service and they said they don't officially have info on it but are expecting a new R-series water heater to be introduced "soon".

I just want to know what is the difference with the newer model. Anyone?

UPDATE: Panasonic confirmed it is their new model replacing DH-3JP2. All the parts the same, only the exterior design a bit diff and knob different,

Shopee product link
11 Street link
Lazada link

This post has been edited by kucuboy: Nov 1 2017, 03:09 PM
tzuen
post Nov 1 2017, 09:23 AM

Casual
426 posts

Anyone experience getting water heater at Home Expo before? Was it a big diffs in terms of pricing for the older models? Thanks
Skylinestar
post Nov 2 2017, 02:13 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

QUOTE(kucuboy @ Oct 31 2017, 03:40 PM)
Has anyone heard about the new Panasonic model DH-3RP1 (with pump). According to a few retailers on 11Street and Shopee, is supposed to replace the older model DH-3JP2 (with pump). There is no information on this online. I called Panasonic Malaysia customer service and they said they don't officially have info on it but are expecting a new R-series water heater to be introduced "soon".

I just want to know what is the difference with the newer model. Anyone?

UPDATE: Panasonic confirmed it is their new model replacing DH-3JP2. All the parts the same, only the exterior design a bit diff and knob different,

Shopee product link
11 Street link
Lazada link
someone told me that if the house water pressure is not strong, the water heater with pump is useless too. how true is that?
bbhing98
post Nov 2 2017, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

hi all, i'm staying in a double story landed. i have a water pump installed above the ceiling. i'm looking for a new water heater to replace my old faulty Joven water heater. Been using it for at least 5 years already. Please recommend me a water heater with or without pump(i think no pump is required since i already have a dedicated water pump already) and preferably with rain shower and hand held shower. Budget is as low as possible, planning to buy it from lazada.
thanks in advance
bbhing98
post Nov 2 2017, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

sorry double posted

This post has been edited by bbhing98: Nov 2 2017, 09:44 PM
zheilwane
post Nov 4 2017, 12:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(jasonws @ Sep 26 2017, 06:29 PM)
Talking about Storage Water Heater, do we require to service/clean it up after x number of years? It seems the one that I am using has dropped significantly (About 8 years old).
If u you notice performance (takes longer time to heat up) most probably heating element is covered with scale or calcium built up. This is common for water heaters like our kettles if we dont clean it, u will see white stuff covering the heating element. For storage heaters as they are up at the ceiling, no1 gonna pull out the heating element for cleaning.

for those who are looking for a better storage heater, can try Hydro One as they are using ceramic heating element (not copper by regular storage heaters). Energy saving as it only requires 1.5kW to have a heating time as fast as copper type 3kW. High resistance against scaling and oxidation, hence performance over years gonna b better compared to copper heaters. I am selling Joven & hydro one heaters smile.gif

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Nov 4 2017, 12:51 AM
jutamind
post Nov 13 2017, 10:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,203 posts

Anyone using Rinnai /Sharp inverter DC pump water heaters? Any reviews?
woodiewo
post Nov 28 2017, 10:13 PM

18 posts

Hi , i am checking on livinox andora lwh-addp-rpw... the sales man say very good long in malaysia with German tech... any comment?? Build in dc pump with....inverter.

Thanks
Skylinestar
post Nov 29 2017, 09:52 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

Like most bathroom, my bathroom has a shower head and a control valve. If I were to install a water heater, I'll need to disconnect the current shower head, plug in a flex hose and link it to the water heater. This will make the shower head useless.
I would like to retain the shower head when I need a normal cool bath.
How do I connect then? Is there a proper and nice looking "switch" that allows me to divert the water to the heater only when I need a hot bath? Kindly post photos please.
ozak
post Nov 29 2017, 10:56 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Nov 29 2017, 09:52 PM)
Like most bathroom, my bathroom has a shower head and a control valve. If I were to install a water heater, I'll need to disconnect the current shower head, plug in a flex hose and link it to the water heater. This will make the shower head useless.
I would like to retain the shower head when I need a normal cool bath.
How do I connect then? Is there a proper and nice looking "switch" that allows me to divert the water to the heater only when I need a hot bath? Kindly post photos please.
You can run the water heater without the heater ON.

This is what I do when hot day.
Skylinestar
post Nov 29 2017, 11:22 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Nov 29 2017, 10:56 PM)
You can run the water heater without the heater ON.

This is what I do when hot day.
Filter clog faster too.
ozak
post Nov 30 2017, 08:23 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Nov 29 2017, 11:22 PM)
Filter clog faster too.
What filter ?
Skylinestar
post Nov 30 2017, 09:15 AM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Nov 30 2017, 08:23 AM)
What filter ?
water heater inlet filter
ozak
post Nov 30 2017, 09:27 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Nov 30 2017, 09:15 AM)
water heater inlet filter
It is just a net filter. Filter the big debric.

Can takeout and wash anytime.

I probably takeout wash only once so far.
SUSadvocado
post Jan 2 2018, 09:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Nov 30 2017, 09:27 AM)
It is just a net filter. Filter the big debric.

Can takeout and wash anytime.

I probably takeout wash only once so far.
just asking, for instant water heater like Panasonic, just plug & play right (water inlet & power source), do we need to open up the casing to connect wires for the ELCB function? coz i read the manuals they drew up the internal wirings for the ELCB.

also if the original bathroom already have the shower head (like the one in hotel water drops down from above head), how do we install the water inlet for the instant water heater? must remove the existing shower head and run a water pipe to the water heater?

for the water pipe, must be those normal PVC water pipe? or can we use those flexible water hose instead? as PVC pipe need to cut & connect bends and need to use pipe clip & screws onto the wall and at the water heater end still need an adapter.

btw the model is Panasonic DH-3NS2MS (Non Jet Pump), when i see your post about opening up the casing i don't think i can handle it. turning on the water just to test for leaks with the casing removed is very brave even with power off. if got leak outside splash to the boards how?

This post has been edited by advocado: Jan 2 2018, 10:37 PM
crusher
post Jan 5 2018, 09:54 PM

Regular
1,340 posts

Guys, wanna ask can I install instant water heater instead of installing the storage? I dont like the idea of the water being store inside, feels like germs inside in long term. Secondly, there is limited water liter.

Thanks for your input
weikee
post Jan 5 2018, 11:10 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(crusher @ Jan 5 2018, 09:54 PM)

Guys, wanna ask can I install instant water heater instead of installing the storage? I dont like the idea of the water being store inside, feels like germs inside in long term. Secondly, there is limited water liter.

Thanks for your input
Storage will provide water at much high temperate, hence you don't need so much water inside the storage. Water tank is also storing water do you feel having germs inside? Every house have a water tank, apartment and condor have even bigger tank.

If the photos is your bath room, you can install instant water heater but on the roof there the storage suppose to be, or you need to hack the wall and tap out the water tap to install.

98 Pages « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:56 AM