Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> water heater, price and quality

views

halcyon27
post Oct 18 2017, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(fixgd @ Oct 18 2017, 03:01 PM)
for Panasonic DH-3NDP1MS, is there an option to get with rain shower option?Β  or need to get the after market one.
Can always get after market rain shower kit like this and pair it with any instant water heater unit of your own choosing.

The bath and sanitary fittings brand called Abagno also carries what's known as an exposed shower column system as seen in this example here. You can get the cheapest then slowly mix and match the rain shower head like this and hand shower like this or any of your own choosing later. Some of them can swivel the rain shower arm which is especially useful if it's not centrally mounted as it usually is most of the time.

Without the swivel arm for the rain shower, the bathroom window most likely will receive the water most of the time.

Other established brands sells also like Johnson Suisse, Rubine and VTO. The last one is my favourite as seen here although the Rubine is also versatile as it allows not just rain or hand shower but both at the same time (all depends upon the flow rate to drive both).

Be careful when choosing this as there are three types:
A. Shower mixer / bath mixer attached
B. top shower plumbed retrofit with hand shower diverter
C. Instant water heater inlet type

Type A is when dedicated hot and cold plumbing are already built in. Most likely what you need would be type C.

Type B retrofit only when too lazy to hack so compromise is hand shower would have hot water so long as 20A electrical point is made available but rain shower (original overhead fixed shower) cold only. It's pictured in this thread in this post as asked by fahmiyaeii with one sold by VTO and also Grohe.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Oct 19 2017, 08:04 AM
halcyon27
post Mar 9 2018, 07:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(alexander3133 @ Mar 9 2018, 06:07 PM)
Just my observation for running my instant water heater with and without water pre-filter or sediment filter.

My house has two instant water heater installed, before I install water pre-filter for my water heater, I use only one water heater for like 3 months, in washroom A.

I started to notice that there is a sort of sediment deposit on the shower head. The deposit is close to a white colour, and because the shower head is black in colour, the deposit can be easily spotted.

[attachmentid=9645185]

This white deposit can be wiped off using finger.

After I installed water pre-filter on both of my water heater, I started to use water heater in washroom B.
It has been around 6 months and there is no white deposit seen on the water heater shower head in washroom B.

But I can see the water pre-filter cartridge turned from white to brownish colour.
So it looks like the white deposit on the shower head is indeed sediment.

I would recommend to install pre-filter or sediment filter on water heater if you want your water heater to last longer.
Landed house or apartments that are able to install point of entry (POE) filter, will not need another filter install near the water heater.

Especially storage type water heater, sediment build up in the tank slowly and when years passed, the water heater may have reduced heating efficiency or even malfunction depending on the seriousness.
You underscored an important point not just for water heaters but whatever a POE filter protects, tap, shower wand, solar heaters, washing machine etc. It makes a difference also between the type of filters used. Sand, membrane and PPE fabric. If using sand plus others, have one simple sediment before and after as they can be overcome by fine mud fouling etc. This is esp evident for homes at the end of a cul de sac or very near the pump house. Sand, grit, mud infiltrates like no tomorrow beyond the sand media pore size.

POU filters for showers are useful too, to cut out chlorine and heavy metals.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Mar 9 2018, 07:05 PM
halcyon27
post Mar 9 2018, 11:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(alexander3133 @ Mar 9 2018, 08:08 PM)
I understand the important of POE filter.
But poorfag like me can't afford landed house, condo management not allow us to install POE filter at meter side.
And I have tried requesting management and even developer for water piping layout so that I can scope out the point where I can install POE filter inside my condo, but sadly there is no such layout available from both of the parties.
Therefore I will have to live with POU filter.
Yes, that's some of the frustration some of my friends and colleagues and even I have after moving back to condo....appliance needing to clean out more frequently; shower wand's clogged altering the spray pattern; RO water drinking machines full of sediments even after cleaning; yellow brown water coming out after resumption from water cut and water pumps spoiling every so often.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Mar 9 2018, 11:22 PM
halcyon27
post Mar 12 2018, 02:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(watabakiu @ Mar 11 2018, 09:17 PM)
What's POE?
Point of entry, the ideal chokepoint where all sediment, mud, grit and rust filtration should occur. The finer the better. Must know the water condition occurring at your place to know what type of filtration approach to apply. Fine mud especially would pass through sand type media. To use that, a fine prefilter is needed to protect in front of the sand media first.

That's also point of use (POU) which is what drinking water filter system components have. Shower filters, sediment filter for washing machine, etc. These are used where POE are not allowed esp in condos.

Head over to the water filter threads to discuss and read up and find out more.. Sorry to digress it here from the main topic.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Mar 12 2018, 02:19 PM
halcyon27
post Mar 16 2018, 10:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(Maxc331 @ Mar 16 2018, 09:02 AM)
Hi , just to ask you guys is water heater need to be change after used for 10 years ? No problem so far for my heater , just wondering if old heater still save to use .tq
Unless you want to get a better efficient type otherwise change the heating element and sacrificial anode (to prevent rusting) which usually last 5-7 years. Some heater manufacturer use newer heating element like incoloy or ceramic which is less prone to having lime (calcium carbonate) crust forming over it thus reducing heating performance.

QUOTE(ozak @ Mar 16 2018, 09:08 AM)
Advise to change.

Is the shower hose using stainless steel type? Better change.
Agree w ozak here...change hose to non conductive outer layer type. Hardware and DIY shops sell one brand called Pego from Italy. Also add an isolation barrier at the inlet and outlet like this. You can reference it here at pg30-31.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Mar 16 2018, 10:26 AM
halcyon27
post Mar 16 2018, 04:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(Maxc331 @ Mar 16 2018, 12:53 PM)
This is stainless steel type . Very technical explanation from halcyon27 which I don't really get itπŸ˜„πŸ˜„. But I will just buy a new set that you guy suggested .

My wife is right . She keep asking me to change the heater .
The slides on the pdf illustrates it better. It's to insulate it better so that the chances of electrocution is lessened. The two things needed are the piping isolator and non conductive flexI hose.

Yes, the newer storage heater should be safer.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Mar 16 2018, 04:04 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0524sec    0.39    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:52 PM