Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

39 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Change Of Ownership Without Runner Procedure, D.I.Y / Runner / Home Appointment

views

LDP
post Mar 26 2014, 11:28 AM

Casual
457 posts

Hi all,

I did the car ownership transfer by myself recently. It might sound intimidating initially, but, it is not rocket science :-)

Assuming that it is a private vehicle, you need to do your car inspection at Puspakom first. You call even call their number, and make an appointment. I did the inspection at Glenmarie. You can only reserved your time slot, 3 days before the day of inspection. I called them and went there on Saturday morning. You can google more on the opening hours for Puspakom as certain branch are open on 2nd and 4th Sat of the month.

The cost of inspection is RM30. After the inspection, you will be given a report. Keep that report as you need it later at JPJ. The report is valid for 30 days ONLY !!!

I waited for around 30 minutes for the inspection and another 15 minutes for the report. Overall, it took me an hour to complete the inspection, as my car did not have any tint.

After that you can go JPJ to transfer the ownership.

If both the buyer and seller are going to JPJ, then, pls bring the following:

1. Original IC as they hv to verify the identitty of the buyer and seller
2. Geran: Original and photocopy
3. New Insurance Policy - Cover Note. Actually, the lady at the counter informed us that this is no longer necessary, as everything is in their computer nowadays. But then I brought it along.
4. Certificate from Puspakom
5. Borang TM -1 (Download it first before going)
6. Borang JPJ K3 (Download it first before going)
7. Borang JPJ K6 - Pembayaran Balik Road Tax (Can download but then I end up redoing it as there is a new version of the form).
8. Road Tax Sticker since you want to terminate the existing one and apply for a new one
9. Photocopy of the seller's bank statement (The road tax refund will be banked into your account afterwards.)

I paid RM 100 just for penukaran hakmilik secara sukarela. I went there around 7.35, and I left the office by 8.40 am. I took me an hour to do it, as I was the fifth person in the queue. I have also paid for the new road tax on the spot, and was given the new road tax sticker within minutes. And the effective date of the new road tax will automatically follow the effective date of your new car insurance policy !!!

princeb0b0
post Mar 27 2014, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(LDP @ Mar 26 2014, 11:28 AM)
Hi all,

I did the car ownership transfer by myself recently. It might sound intimidating initially, but, it is not rocket science :-)

Assuming that it is a private vehicle, you need to do your car inspection at Puspakom first. You call even call their number, and make an appointment. I did the inspection at Glenmarie. You can only reserved your time slot, 3 days before the day of inspection. I called them and went there on Saturday morning. You can google more on the opening hours for Puspakom as certain branch are open on 2nd and 4th Sat of the month.

The cost of inspection is RM30. After the inspection, you will be given a report. Keep that report as you need it later at JPJ. The report is valid for 30 days ONLY !!!

I waited for around 30 minutes for the inspection and another 15 minutes for the report. Overall, it took me an hour to complete the inspection, as my car did not have any tint.

After that you can go JPJ to transfer the ownership.

If both the buyer and seller are going to JPJ, then, pls bring the following:

1. Original IC as they hv to verify the identitty of the buyer and seller
2. Geran: Original and photocopy
3. New Insurance Policy - Cover Note. Actually, the lady at the counter informed us that this is no longer necessary, as everything is in their computer nowadays. But then I brought it along.
4. Certificate from Puspakom
5. Borang TM -1 (Download it first before going)
6. Borang JPJ K3 (Download it first before going)
7. Borang JPJ K6 - Pembayaran Balik Road Tax (Can download but then I end up redoing it as there is a new version of the form).
8. Road Tax Sticker since you want to terminate the existing one and apply for a new one
9. Photocopy of the seller's bank statement (The road tax refund will be banked into your account afterwards.)

I paid RM 100 just for penukaran hakmilik secara sukarela. I went there around 7.35, and I left the office by 8.40 am. I took me an hour to do it, as I was the fifth person in the queue. I have also paid for the new road tax on the spot, and was given the new road tax sticker within minutes. And the effective date of the new road tax will automatically follow the effective date of your new car insurance policy !!!
bro, item 5,6&7 are for the transfor of ownership right? where can i get those forms. also i assume u didnt do a hire purchase inspection? just wondering where the fund transfer slots in. especially if the new buyer is getting a HP loan.
Alidavidsun
post Mar 28 2014, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Im in the process of buying a used car, took loan from Ambank but the banker said they will handle the ownership transfer using their runnner and the fee is RM350. From what I checked if I do it myself the fee is just bout RM150 correct? Is RM350 reasonable or they're making a big profit.

I was told 1st April onwards, both buyer and seller have to be present at JPJ to verify their thumprint. Then the runner's job will be just to prepare paperwork and submit. Paying about RM200+ for paperwork service sounds kinda cut throat to me.
alxdc
post Mar 31 2014, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Guys I need help
I'm selling my car and my loan settle amount is 60k. Buyer planning to take 20k loan and pay 40k cash to settle my loan.

The problem now is they say the new rulling that I have to settle my own car settlement then only the buyer can apply loan for my car.
This make no sense. How am I going to settle my car loan?

Please anyone know what's the new ruling now? How to sell my car?
Peggy Khor
post Mar 31 2014, 08:12 PM

19 posts

Hi all sifus,

Is it confirm all banks didn't accept walk in customer for used car loan application ? I tried Maybank & public bank which are not accept walk in application except from used car dealer . Any sifus know any bank that offer that ?
kethon27
post Apr 2 2014, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

Peggy Khor, Yes and No. It depends on bank to accept individual walk in. Try to walk in to smaller branch. it is good if you know someone from any bank inside. Other bank than KL or Selangor territory would be easier such as Ipoh or Seremban area.

They do not have such policy do not accept walk-in customer but due to trouble from the past experience, they rather prefer not to accept but you can ask them their panel runner. Good Luck
kethon27
post Apr 2 2014, 09:12 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

Latest update asof 2014 April from JPJ: New Buyer and Seller need to present together to JPJ for biometric reader thumbprint scan for the vehicle ownership transfer.

This applies when purchasing used car from individual and car dealer as well.
Even car dealer has 'runner', the new buyer has to present for the thumbprint. Not sure on recond-vehicle.

Alternatively, Seller submit forms and does the thumbprint scan in any JPJ branch, the new Buyer will only given 7 days after then to visit any JPJ branch for the ownership vehicle transfer completion.

This is due to JPJ sort of implementing stream-line system all across Malaysia.
alxdc
post Apr 3 2014, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

I heard the new rulling has been postpone. Is that true ?
synical
post Apr 15 2014, 12:48 PM

On my way
553 posts

Hi,

My dad wants to transfer ownership of one of his cars to me (the kid) for NCD purposes (not sure why, can anyone explain?). Car already paid for in full, so no loans to worry about. I've already gotten the PUSPAKOM inspection and most of the JPJ forms I think I need. Just need to bring parent along.

The only area I'm blur about is the car insurance policy and road tax - would I have to get a new insurance policy and how do I get existing road tax cancelled and have a new one in place, etc? Do I have to do all this before going to JPJ, or can I get all that done there?

Thanks for reading.
danielisme
post May 10 2014, 11:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,211 posts

Need advised , my car just done puspakom inspection and change name from company name to my individual name on 30 April . Now the car I want to sell to new buyer ( loan ) so my question is my car need to do another puspakom inspection not ? Can I straight do change name ?
Chrix
post May 12 2014, 02:34 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(synical @ Apr 15 2014, 12:48 PM)
Hi,

My dad wants to transfer ownership of one of his cars to me (the kid) for NCD purposes (not sure why, can anyone explain?). Car already paid for in full, so no loans to worry about. I've already gotten the PUSPAKOM inspection and most of the JPJ forms I think I need. Just need to bring parent along.

The only area I'm blur about is the car insurance policy and road tax - would I have to get a new insurance policy and how do I get existing road tax cancelled and have a new one in place, etc? Do I have to do all this before going to JPJ, or can I get all that done there?

Thanks for reading.
You have to buy insurance as the owner & insured must be the same person. Insured period can exceed roadtax, not vise versa, so depending on the current road tax. Cancellation of roadtax can be done at JPJ during change of name, balance will be refunded but need to fill in form & must photocopy bank book with account details.

Yes, all this BEFORE you go JPJ, they are the last step.

QUOTE(danielisme @ May 10 2014, 11:17 PM)
Need advised , my car just done puspakom inspection and change name from company name to my individual name on 30 April . Now the car I want to sell to new buyer ( loan ) so my question is my car need to do another puspakom inspection not ? Can I straight do change name ?
Inspection is valid for 1 month, however since you mentioned the previous inspection done for the first name change and you no longer have the PUSPAKOM cert of inspection, which you will need to produce during change of ownership at JPJ, I would guess you'd have to do inspection again... Call up PUSPAKOM & JPJ to clarify.
synical
post May 12 2014, 05:27 PM

On my way
553 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ May 12 2014, 02:34 PM)
You have to buy insurance as the owner & insured must be the same person. Insured period can exceed roadtax, not vise versa, so depending on the current road tax. Cancellation of roadtax can be done at JPJ during change of name, balance will be refunded but need to fill in form & must photocopy bank book with account details.

Inspection is valid for 1 month, however since you mentioned the previous inspection done for the first name change and you no longer have the PUSPAKOM cert of inspection, which you will need to produce during change of ownership at JPJ, I would guess you'd have to do inspection again... Call up PUSPAKOM & JPJ to clarify.
Thanks for the reply - insurance and road tax already lapsed before we got round to going to JPJ, so only had to do it afterwards..
kathlynn
post May 15 2014, 12:57 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

Transferring car between family members. Instead of both parties being present at JPJ, any ways around that? Thanks
zenwell
post May 15 2014, 02:34 PM

Regular
1,748 posts

I have a question to ask: if I want to buy a second hand car, but don't want the number that comes with it, I want to buy a new and upcoming number from jpj, is it possible? if yes how is it done? thanks!
bengang13
post May 17 2014, 11:29 AM

On my way
624 posts

hi guys,

can i know what is this?

Surat/Keratan pembatalan tuntutan hakmilik pemilik berdaftar (selain e-Hakmilik);

thanks
echoesian
post May 17 2014, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,257 posts

I wanna sell my car with fully settled loan, found a potential buyer, he wanted to buy with loan, he said the bank ask the owner to go to JPJ to do a "search" before they can approve the loan to him. The search is the ensure that the car is free of blacklist, summons, etc. This is the first time I'm hearing this, is there such a thing?

This post has been edited by echoesian: May 17 2014, 04:26 PM
bengang13
post May 19 2014, 01:08 PM

On my way
624 posts

I am not at jpj. Apparently both the owner and buyer needs to be here. Now they are using biometric. Which makes me wonder how the runner does it.
daniel7910
post May 27 2014, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(echoesian @ May 17 2014, 04:26 PM)
I wanna sell my car with fully settled loan, found a potential buyer, he wanted to buy with loan, he said the bank ask the owner to go to JPJ to do a "search" before they can approve the loan to him. The search is the ensure that the car is free of blacklist, summons, etc. This is the first time I'm hearing this, is there such a thing?
Some of the bank will ask for it..

giftfre
post May 27 2014, 10:28 AM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ May 12 2014, 02:34 PM)

I doesn't have bank book, then how?
giftfre
post May 27 2014, 10:55 AM

Casual
416 posts

I saw there are Borang Akuan Pembeli (JPJ-SAB02)-2 and Borang Akuan Penjual (JPJ-SAB01)-1, do i need to bring this part to Pesuruhjaya Sumpah then pass to JPJ?

39 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0222sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:34 PM