Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Private Retirement Fund, What the hell is that??

Ramjade
post Yesterday, 08:01 PM

10k Club
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Merovingian2 @ Feb 16 2019, 11:07 AM)
Based on your opinion Ramjade, how do you predict when theres going to be a market sell down? How did you predict the sell down during the evening of Christmas?
I don't predict. But I always have cash on hand for such events. Without cash in hand, you will not have any opportunities to scoop up good deals.

Another thing you see market expensive see the ETF for idea, you still want to chase? I don't chase.

Of course you must be able to sit on cash and don't do anything. Must not have FOMO.

QUOTE(honsiong @ Feb 16 2019, 02:37 PM)
If the tax relief ends in 2021, won’t bother with PRS ady.
Same here. RM3k/year will automatically be allocated for PRS to be used when opportunities come.
yokoloco
post Today, 12:36 AM

Regular

Want to ask, where do I check the prices for the PRS NAV so I know when I want to buy in a lump sum. is there a site where i can track the daily prices?
MUM
post Today, 01:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(yokoloco @ Feb 17 2019, 12:36 AM)
Want to ask, where do I check the prices for the PRS NAV so I know when I want to buy in a lump sum. is there a site where i can track the daily prices?
May we know what is the names of the PRS providers you are looking to buy the PRS funds? Is it publicmutual or non public mutual PRS funds?
Btw...distribution will make the NAVs of the fund price looks lower....
honsiong
post Today, 02:39 AM

Symmetra Main

I use Bloomberg as data source in Google Sheets.
Ramjade
post Today, 09:50 AM

10k Club

You do know that unit trust NAV is delayed by 1-2 days right?
Also NAV can as mentioned can be manipulated by fund manager to make it drop like giving dividend or do a unit split.

So what you see low maybe few days ago price... Buying low have it's own risk too. Low can go lower.

You can check out FSM page of the fund you are interested in, they will list down the NAV price for past 3 months.

honsiong
post Today, 10:06 AM

Symmetra Main

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 17 2019, 09:50 AM)
You do know that unit trust NAV is delayed by 1-2 days right?
Also NAV can as mentioned can be manipulated by fund manager to make it drop like giving dividend or do a unit split.

So what you see low maybe few days ago price... Buying low have it's own risk too. Low can go lower.

You can check out FSM page of the fund you are interested in,  they will list  down the NAV price for past 3 months.
I don’t believe in timing the market also. Just buy and it will still go up in long run.
Ramjade
post Today, 10:14 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(honsiong @ Feb 17 2019, 10:06 AM)
I don’t believe in timing the market also. Just buy and it will still go up in long run.
Do both. Cause why buy when is expensive? Buy when it's cheap. Is exactly like how you shop for groceries. Yes sometimes we just buy when we need. But if you can wait it out, buy during sales and you have more cash left over.
yokoloco
post Today, 10:31 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 17 2019, 10:14 AM)
Do both. Cause why buy when is expensive?  Buy when it's cheap. Is exactly like how you shop for groceries. Yes sometimes we just buy when we need. But if you can wait it out,  buy during sales and you have more cash left over.
Yeah that's what I am planning to do. Put money in on a monthly basis but hold on a lump sum to buy when it's low as well
honsiong
post Today, 03:12 PM

Symmetra Main

This is how you can fetch PRS current NAV from Bloomber in your Google Sheets, it works on PRS funds that have a Bloomberg ticker.

Assuming your fund provider is CIMB, and you invest in CIMB-Principal PRS Plus Asia Pacific Ex Japan Equity class C like me:

1. Find the bloomberg ticker for the fund. In my example, can just google "<fund name> fact sheet". In CIMB AAXJ, the Bloomberg ticker is "CPAEJEC:MK"
2. In Google Sheet, type this in formula bar, replace the ticker with your own.
CODE
=ImportXML("https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CPAEJEC:MK", "//*[@class='priceText__1853e8a5']")

Yahoo Finance not friendly for scraping dy, hope won't Bloomberg uturn do the same.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0642sec    3.83    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th February 2019 - 03:42 PM