Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Private Retirement Fund, What the hell is that??

views

Ramjade
post Nov 16 2015, 11:42 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(KopitiamTalk @ Nov 16 2015, 11:40 AM)
are UT companies the only ones offering PRS? or insurance companies as well?
Just buy from fsm. biggrin.gif
Ramjade
post Apr 23 2016, 08:26 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(LNYC @ Apr 22 2016, 10:43 PM)
even with their own house fund, they will charge??for example..cimb prs..will charge oso??
Just open via FSM. Any problem ask the sifus in FSM thread. Worse come to worse, kena bomb by them. You save 1.5%-3%
Ramjade
post Apr 23 2016, 11:43 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Apr 23 2016, 11:19 AM)
FSM is an awesome platform to access into the PRS product. Zero percent sales charge for all PRS products. One stop center for all administrative stuff. Apa lagi lu mau?

PRS is unlike traditional UTF. It is not a profit maximization product but a slow and steady wealth accumulator. Think of it as the tortoise.

Hence no need to monitor too closely, six months or one year once is sufficient.

Xuzen
What's the average returns based on the fund you bought?
Ramjade
post Apr 23 2016, 02:51 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Apr 23 2016, 02:29 PM)
CAGR has dropped to 3.XX % p.a. (3 year historical data). The highest it went was 6.XX%. However if taken in context of the tax saving, the CAGR then becomes 16.XX% p.a.. (I am using the 24% tax bracket for purpose of calculation)

***NB***: I have been with Affin-Hwang PRS moderate since day one of inception. My first fund contribution was in Dec 2012. Affin-Hwang PRS was the first to be launched in the market (started in Oct 2012).

Xuzen
I understand that after the tax-saving period is over (1-2 years time?), you will get 3.xx% p.a which is worse than promo rates FD if you don't switch fund. Am I right in this?
Ramjade
post Apr 23 2016, 04:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(SBulldog @ Apr 23 2016, 03:45 PM)
Tax saving period should be every year. Why 1-2?
Because the PRS scheme is mot permanent. For few years only.
Ramjade
post Apr 23 2016, 06:57 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Dividend Magic @ Apr 23 2016, 06:24 PM)
And quite likely to be extended beyond that as well.
I really wish they extend as I haven't buy my PRS yet. (not working yet). But seeing the current scenario, it seems unlikely.
Ramjade
post Apr 23 2016, 10:40 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Dividend Magic @ Apr 23 2016, 09:56 PM)
What current scenario?
Introduction of GST. Abolishment of petrol subsidy. New JPA scholarship are stopped. Those who were receiving monthly payouts suddenly found themselves without cash. They were angry (cannot go on vacations, buy expensive stuff - complains from friends). BR1M was delayed. Government stop hiring (personal experience of my friend who graduated from public uni and now working in private sector because the government is not hiring.) So it makes sense to stop the PRS benefits when the time comes to prevent losses (get more tax)
Ramjade
post Apr 24 2016, 11:55 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ Apr 24 2016, 11:44 PM)
Both unit-trust and PRS are beneficial to the client within more than 5 years. Don't keep datas of the earlier year as the loss will be obvious due to the market trend.
Don't keep data of the previous year cause market is bad? I wonder then whether your IRR is accurate or not if you omit bad returns. hmm.gif
Ramjade
post May 1 2016, 11:22 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(lukenn @ May 1 2016, 11:00 AM)
Dude, I think the reason why you're getting such bad feedback here is your failure to understand the context of which things are being said.

My post was in response to dasecret, but if you terasa and thought it was a sarcastic comment made at you, you are terribly mistaken.

She is many, many times more qualified than you. And she doesn't even work in the asset management industry.

I would not have taken the time to respond to you.
Leave it. My post is being reported for stating the obvious. If don't terasa, takkan post kena reported.
Ramjade
post May 2 2016, 04:51 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ May 1 2016, 11:54 PM)
I believed PM is a wholly-subsidiary of Public Bank. A good reason to join them and pay for the higher sales charge which also gives you good return/service/branding but not all the funds are that well performed. So, definitely if any consultants from the same branch would introduce you the top performing one without bullsh**ing hard etc.

And you can get a lot of service from the PM branch across nationwide. If not, just go "complaint" la (not all hired are effective ma).

Just like everyone stubborn enough to pay for Apple's iPhone 6 Plus even when the sales are bad compared years ago when the innovation of iPhone 4 inspires all of us much better. A good example of buying the No.1 in the market.
Just because it belong to Public bank it's good? All cars made in the US is good (a false perception). Like we cannot say all funds sold by X is good (personal experience for this - not naming any fund house here)
Higher sales charge is good? Higher sales charges = lesser amount in our account unless the fund performance can cover the sales charges.
Good return/service/branding? If other fund house give same return with lower charge how?
Elaborate on service and branding please. What kind of service can we get?
People want to grow their retirement fund regardless which way they take. Branding might hold true for cars, phones branded stuff but I don't thing paying higher charge for a PM fund is justified.

Your statement regarding iPhone 6 does not hold water. If iPhone is no 1, how come they are no 3 or something in China? How come they don't hold the marketshare of smartphones in the world? Yes, they are the gold standard of phones. Anyway that's off topic.
Ramjade
post May 2 2016, 05:21 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ May 2 2016, 05:15 PM)
Whoever provided better services after first impression, go for it.
I begged to differ. It is up to the individual to decide to have higher retirement fund or lower retirement fund upon hiting retirement/early retirement. Choose whoever give you cheaper rates /able to give you better returns at the end of the day. It's after all one's retirement.
Ramjade
post May 2 2016, 10:53 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ May 2 2016, 09:15 PM)
Sorry, I forgot to see that statement back there. It's not about "criticizing" whom is better or not, xuzen. Don't make yourself look like our current political situation.

I admit I'm new to this industry but all my knowledge from insurance department have grown me to be able to debate with some of you "DIY investors". Premium charge to me, I would say is because of the brand reputation. Do you people use Public Bank? If you do, I'm pretty sure you should not have been arguing so much. It's ironic to mock the subsidiary which is stable than most of us here, frankly speaking.

Secondly, I'm trying to bring enough evidence to dasecret as well but all these takes time as I need to get some facts and evidences from my supervisor side. And there's a lot of brochures proof you can seek from PMB, it doesn't have to be debated in forum. You can share if you keep thinking PMB this and that have more cons than pros.

Third, my client base not big yet. I'll just say the return rate is around 6-10% which is not guaranteed and must be based on the company's performance.

This leads me to a question why you guys prefer online-based unit trust purchases. Are you guys part of the "link" to protect something or does this concern some politic within some of you?

Just be frank with me cause I don't believe all are DIY investors as foretold.

Thanks smile.gif

I don't mind you guys keep criticizing but as long karma wills, you guys better read your own words as well. I'm talking to you quite straight-forward too. Like saying there's pros and cons of investing in PMB.

And I would like to have no arguments in future considering some of you here "DIY investors" might have bad experience in investing at any of the ASM company as stated.  whistling.gif
NOTE : I'm saying we offer Will Planning / Trust Nomination is because it is our strengths. Our weaknesses is pretty much the same with other asset management companies. Tell me more if you can do those online. I'm afraid I wanted to learn more instead of being "criticized" like there's some elitist everyday dealing with me.
First, xuzen is an ex PM consultant (correct me if you are still working with PB). He became an agent himself to save cost. But turn out he found it even much more profitable to DIY himself.

Haha... I never use public bank, nor will I use them until they can give me something good in return. Chinaman bank = stingy bank (FD, CC cashback, low interest account have shown). So nope. It might be one of the well managed bank in Malaysia (no denying that) but it's only good if you are shareholder. Not a consumer. Big does not mean = good. Symantec and Mcafee have the largest market share in antivirus but their products frankly suck.

Brochures and stuff don't show us the real data. Show us proof from real returns (raw . One thing I have learnt is investors care about real solid returns. And (correct me if I am wrong), they (DIY) found out that PM funds perform more or less same with DIY funds. Extra charges from PM makes the returns unattractive IF we factor in the service charge.

Return of 6-10% already include service charge or haven't? hmm.gif

Conspiracy? We just cannot see the benefits of paying more for something which is performing same/worse than other products in the market.

What if I were to tell you that there is a DIY investor who made RM10m? If they are not DIY investor, how can they advise people based on experience? rclxub.gif Ya, people can talk c***. But if they present you with no and proof, how to argue?

We should all learn form the best. Accept criticism. That's how we improve our self. smile.gif That's how you can get more customers. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ppfoong @ May 2 2016, 10:14 PM)
What is the co-relation between "good return" and "market share"? I see none.

Sure I can tell u more.

Once upon a time, PM was not under PBB, until it was bought over. It was called KLM, and the management team is the pioneer who started up UT business in Malaysia, and very capable to bring in good return too.

After PBB bought over and rename it as PM, the original management team left, and formed company M.

For investors looking for good return, we look for the capable manager, because it is the fund manager who manage the fund for the investors. Whatever branding, market share, blah blah, not making sense to capability of bringing good return.
M = manuallife?
Precisely. Investors are looking for returns.
Ramjade
post Jun 11 2016, 04:02 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(silverwave @ Jun 11 2016, 03:44 PM)
Hi, i am planning to put some money in PRS, mainly for the Rm3k tax deduction and also to get my RM500.

Which bank's PRS should i invest in? I wanted Public bank due to convenience but the funds does not seem so attractive.

By the way, if i am not wrong, PRS can't be withdrawed until we are 55 years right?
Forget public bank. Use FSM. Yes that's right cannot withdraw until 55 years old.
Ramjade
post Jun 22 2016, 05:12 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(silverwave @ Jun 22 2016, 05:08 PM)
You mean by 2022 they are stopping the tax rebate for PRS?
Yes. So buy now while you still can.
Ramjade
post Jun 22 2016, 05:19 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(silverwave @ Jun 22 2016, 05:14 PM)
Correct me if i am wrong, FSM is another broker like all the banks except i can choose from the list of all the banks? Their office is in KL based on the link you've provided.

Like in PB, i can only buy their own funds, CIMB, their own funds, etc?
Yes. Think of FSM as tesco where you buy everything yourself. If you want to minimise cost and maximise savings, best to DIY. Ask for suggestion here or FSM thread on which fund to buy. After do your research and see if it suits you.

Most of the time yes. PB will be selling their own fund, CIMB will be selling their own fund.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Jun 22 2016, 05:21 PM
Ramjade
post Aug 25 2016, 06:30 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(roadrunner0 @ Aug 25 2016, 06:27 PM)
For the PRS new deposit contribution, it is subject to 1.5% sales charges +gst.
How to get 0% ar ?
Guna FSM la.
Ramjade
post Aug 26 2016, 06:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(icyblanca @ Aug 26 2016, 05:19 PM)
i went to affin hwang HQ today during lunch.. all sales person out, left contact but didnt call back..
i think they not interest with PRS.. haih.. give up..
change to diff institution liao...
thinkin of either cimb or pbb...
Pakai FSM dari agent. Save 2% liao.
Ramjade
post Sep 3 2016, 10:01 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(silverviolet @ Sep 3 2016, 09:11 PM)
Noobie on PRS...it is possible the prs ut we purchased is in loss?how could it be a retirement instrument?....later nooboe like me try then loss.tht would be @@.much better to put in FD==

Saw a post that someone was making loses and decided to sell..y govpromote it?not everyone pro as the people in this forum
That's why you need to see how UT works. PRS is basically UT for retirement. If you don't want to do PRS, don't. People do it for the income tax (who wants to pay more tax right?) and those people who knows what they are doing earn (decrease tax payment + get more than what EPF give)

Keep in FD = watch your money gets eaten alive bit by bit. cry.gif cry.gif FD CANNOT OUTRUN inflation. Don't believe what you read about official inflation rate. Judge for yourself, your regular nasi lemak, veges at pasar, etc. You get the rough idea how much it is.
Ramjade
post Oct 21 2016, 10:12 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

Do we still get the benefit (tax relief) if one is >30 years old?
Ramjade
post Oct 21 2016, 10:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Oct 21 2016, 10:15 PM)
of course.tax relief doesn't encompass the age of the taxee
Excellent

21 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1244sec    0.09    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:23 AM