Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommendation for Credit Cards V1, TQ to contributors ! (From MOD)

views

GymBoi
post Sep 25 2013, 10:37 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(fly126 @ Sep 25 2013, 02:22 AM)
Since You already Got the Best Combo (MBB2cards & OCBC Tit.),You should Consider This Card as Your 3rd CC, As their Benefits Not Bad also...  brows.gif 

Alliance Bank Cash Back Platinum
•0% Finance Charge for first 3 months
•Up to 2.0% cash back* on retail spend  http://www.alliancebank.com.my/Personal-Ba...rs#platinum-tab
•2x Timeless Bonus Points on overseas spend
•No lost card liability upon reporting
•Annual fee waiver for every year with easy spend conditions, i.e. spend a minimum of RM5,000 or swipe 12 times within a 12-month period
•Exclusive privileges and discounts at participating merchants
•Instalment Payment Plan at 0% p.a. interest rate at participating merchants
•Unlimited Complimentary Access to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge
•Enrich Miles Redemption via Enrich Rewards Program with Malaysia Airlines.
•AirAsia BIG Points Redemption (for VISA Credit Card only).

For More Details : http://www.alliancebank.com.my/Personal-Ba...tinum-Card.aspx
Hmm the cash back isn't very attractive huh ? If I spend less than RM500 then only 0.6% which means RM3? Not sure enough to cover the government tax onot haha ... I can't seem to find any "fine print" on the "retail spend" though .. is it ALL purchases? Doesn't seem to mention any category ... what about max cash back per month?

But the KLIA thinggy is really attractive ... any other recommendations for free cards ?
fly126
post Sep 25 2013, 11:03 PM

Lousy One
4,404 posts

QUOTE(GymBoi @ Sep 25 2013, 10:37 PM)
Hmm the cash back isn't very attractive huh ? If I spend less than RM500 then only 0.6% which means RM3? Not sure enough to cover the government tax onot haha ... I can't seem to find any "fine print" on the "retail spend" though .. is it ALL purchases? Doesn't seem to mention any category ... what about max cash back per month?

But the KLIA thinggy is really attractive ... any other recommendations for free cards ?
“Retail Transaction": shall mean all transactions for the purpose of the goods and/or services incurred using the VISA/MASTERCARD CARD etc,...
This is Inside their Credit Card T&C's

The following shall NOT be considered as retail transactions:
1. Annual fee
2. Late Payment Fee
3. Finance Charge
4. Cash Advance
5. Any handling fee
6. 0% Card Easy Payment and the installment paid
7. Flexi Payment Plan and the installment paid

I think the Card X have Any Max. Cashback Monthly Capped coz They already got Cash Back Rates Tiers on the Card... hmm.gif

Maybe...
How about the AEON WATAMI Visa Classic Card with 3% Quarterly Cash Rebate... smile.gif
Enjoy 3% quarterly cash rebate on total retail transactions outside WATAMI with accumulate spend of RM3,000 per quarter. The accumulated spend amount is inclusive of Supplementary Card spending. Rebate is capped at RM150 per quarter and rebate will be credited into the Principal Card account.

Pls Refer to: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2664640

This post has been edited by fly126: Sep 25 2013, 11:26 PM
kadS
post Sep 26 2013, 03:09 AM

Casual
344 posts

1. Annual Income: 26k

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: A Must

3. Card required for: installment plan mainly

4. Existing credit cards if any: -

5. Looking at CC from: Anywhere

6. Others: i will use this card to buy some home equipments (e.g tv etc) and using their installment plan. most probably i will buy from sen heng tho im not sure which card do they accept. i do online shopping regularly also and movies so if got any rebates from these expanse would be a bonus. i'd look up for the hong leong mach card, it does suit for me unfortunately the card do not have installment features with it.

ty smile.gif
fly126
post Sep 26 2013, 04:19 AM

Lousy One
4,404 posts

QUOTE(kadS @ Sep 26 2013, 03:09 AM)

6. Others: i will use this card to buy some home equipments (e.g tv etc) and using their installment plan. most probably i will buy from sen heng tho im not sure which card do they accept. i do online shopping regularly also and movies so if got any rebates from these expanse would be a bonus. i'd look up for the hong leong mach card, it does suit for me unfortunately the card do not have installment features with it.

ty smile.gif
Who Said Hong Leong Bank X have Monthly Installment Plan Features...??? sweat.gif
You can to Convert Your Purchase to Flexi Payment Plan (FPP) from Your Credit Card (with Flexible tenures available from 6 Up to 36 months with T&C's applied) by Calling their Customer Service to Request It... nod.gif

FYI, with 99.99% Confirm that... All of the Bank Credit Card in Malaysia have come with Installment Features

Pls refer to: https://www.machbyhongleongbank.com/my-first-card for more Details

My 1st Card Campaign T&C's: https://www.machbyhongleongbank.com/product...-first-card-eng

Mach Credit Card Product Disclosure Sheet- https://www.machbyhongleongbank.com/assets/...osure-sheet.pdf

This post has been edited by fly126: Sep 26 2013, 04:32 AM
TSGen-X
post Sep 26 2013, 08:40 AM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group Icon
Elite
8,601 posts

QUOTE(fly126 @ Sep 26 2013, 04:19 AM)
Who Said Hong Leong Bank X have Monthly Installment Plan Features...??? sweat.gif
You can to Convert Your Purchase to Flexi Payment Plan (FPP) from Your Credit Card (with Flexible tenures available from 6 Up to 36 months with T&C's applied) by Calling their Customer Service to Request It... nod.gif

FYI, with 99.99% Confirm that... All of the Bank Credit Card in Malaysia have come with Installment Features 

Pls refer to: https://www.machbyhongleongbank.com/my-first-card for more Details

My 1st Card Campaign T&C's: https://www.machbyhongleongbank.com/product...-first-card-eng

Mach Credit Card  Product Disclosure Sheet- https://www.machbyhongleongbank.com/assets/...osure-sheet.pdf
OMG!!! Sis how can you even post the MACH 1st Card Campaign here... it charges interest of 18% after the 4th billing tongue.gif

And you are right, most banks' credit card offers some kind of flexi payment plan but not necessary 0% installment. But why want pay interest when we can get 0% installment plans.

QUOTE(kadS @ Sep 26 2013, 03:09 AM)

ty smile.gif
I don't know much about Sen Heng, but at Harvey Norman you can convert your purchase to 0% installment plans with almost all the major commercial banks' credit card. Go check the model (e.g. TV Brand, model and price) then only head to Harvey Norman, usually price can nego.

Since you mainly want a credit card for installment plan (you can always use your debit card for online purchases) and one of your criteria is annual fee waiver, your choices are not many. Yes, important that you get a card with auto annual fee waiver because you don't want to be stuck paying the annual fee next year and you can't terminate the credit card as your installment plan is still running.

So I guess your choice is either RHB Bank Classic Card, Public Bank Classic Card, Alliance Bank Classic Card or You:nique or even HLB GSC Gold Card (if you go to GSC often) because all these said cards entitle you to auto annual fee waiver with minimum 12 swipes a year. Click here to read my article on Entry Level Credit Cards. Not sure if MACH by HLB is entitled to Harvey Norman's 0% installment plan but annual fee is also waived with 12 swipes; and you can always drop by Sen Heng or Harvey Norman and ask if the MACH is entitled to their 0% installment plan.

Anyway, once your annual income reaches RM30K/year, go apply for the FREE FOR LIFE Maybankard 2 Cards and not have to worry about annual fees even if you do not swipe once. But since you are new to credit card, you better go read this thread so you won't be conned.

And since you are new to credit card and wanting it just for installment plan, I suggest you read my article 0% Installment Plan with Credit Card - It IS A Trap.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Sep 26 2013, 08:49 AM
kadS
post Sep 26 2013, 10:15 AM

Casual
344 posts

thanks to both of you, really helpful smile.gif
fly126
post Sep 26 2013, 02:51 PM

Lousy One
4,404 posts

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Sep 26 2013, 08:40 AM)
OMG!!! Sis how can you even post the MACH 1st Card Campaign here... it charges interest of 18% after the 4th billing  tongue.gif

Oops...Sorry, My Mistake blush.gif
eddyooi
post Sep 30 2013, 07:05 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

Hi guys, asking this on behalf of my woman friend.

1. Annual Income: RM200k

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: Yes/ a must.

3. Card required for: Travelling occationally (MAS/Air Asia)

4. Existing credit cards if any: OCBC Titanium (just ncie to pay all utility bills and shopping to get 5%)
CIMB Platinum Card (for additional spending after using ocbc for rm1K)

5. Looking at CC from: - planning to cancel cimb platinum n replace with other

6. Others: -
TSGen-X
post Sep 30 2013, 09:37 PM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group Icon
Elite
8,601 posts

QUOTE(eddyooi @ Sep 30 2013, 07:05 PM)

4. Existing credit cards if any: OCBC Titanium (just ncie to pay all utility bills and shopping to get 5%)

To be exact, OCBC TMC do not earn you 5% for shopping but for groceries.

Suggest she go get the Maybankard 2 Cards to compliment her OCBC TMC and get to earn 5% cash back too after spending more than RM1K. And yes, MAS and Air Asia accept AMEX and she gets to earn 5X TP with the MBB 2 AMEX. Ask her to go read my review/article on the Maybankard 2 Cards by clicking here.
fly126
post Sep 30 2013, 09:39 PM

Lousy One
4,404 posts

QUOTE(eddyooi @ Sep 30 2013, 07:05 PM)

1) Maybank 2 Platinum Cards, the Best Card in Town So Far...
It's FREE for Life + 3 Years Expiry Period Treat Points
*The benefits of two cards, Maybankard 2 American Express® Card and Maybankard 2 MasterCard or Visa Card, in 1 sign up, 1 service tax, & 1 statement.
*You can Enjoy a low Finance Charge of 8.88% p.a. on your outstanding retail balance.
*5x Treats Points for every Ringgit spent on Maybankard 2 American Express Card and 1x Treats Point on Maybankard 2 Card in Malaysia or anywhere else in the world.
* 5% Weekend cash back when spend on Maybankard 2 American Express Card capped at RM50 per customer (including Supp Cardmember) per month
+
Additional Benefits of Maybank 2Platinum
(i) Travel Insurance Coverage - Charge your travel fares to the card to enjoy complimentary Accidental Death and Disablement coverage of up to RM1,000,000, as well as Travel Inconvenience coverage for missed connections, luggage delay and luggage loss. Subject to terms & conditions of the Certificate of Insurance.

(ii) Retail Protection - Purchase protection of up to RM20,000 per item and up to RM150,000 per card account per calendar year. Return Guarantee exchange or refund of up to 90days (Maximum RM1,500 per item on purchase price, up to a maximum of RM6,000 per card account per calendar year). Extended Warranty of up to Rm15,000 per item (Up to RM48,000 per card account per calendar year.). Subject to terms & conditions of the Certificate of Insurance.

(iii) Golf Privilege - Complimentary golf at selected golf courses around Malaysia
http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...sonal/CRD-Cards

2) Alliance Bank Cash Back Platinum
•0% Finance Charge for first 3 months
•Up to 2.0% cash back* on retail spend http://www.alliancebank.com.my/Personal-Ba...rs#platinum-tab
•2x Timeless Bonus Points on overseas spend
•No lost card liability upon reporting
•Annual fee waiver for every year with easy spend conditions, i.e. spend a minimum of RM5,000 or swipe 12 times within a 12-month period
•Exclusive privileges and discounts at participating merchants
•Instalment Payment Plan at 0% p.a. interest rate at participating merchants
•Unlimited Complimentary Access to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge
•Enrich Miles Redemption via Enrich Rewards Program with Malaysia Airlines.
•Air Asia BIG Points Redemption (for VISA Credit Card only).

For More Details : http://www.alliancebank.com.my/Personal-Ba...tinum-Card.aspx

This post has been edited by fly126: Sep 30 2013, 09:41 PM
eddyooi
post Oct 1 2013, 08:42 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

thanks gen x and fly 126 and good morning

a bit clearer now

the cimb platinum is useless after looking at Maybank Platinum 2 in 1 and Alliance Bank Cash Back Platinum

i can see alliance has the advantage of ppc access which i think is better

so is alliance a better take compared to maybank?

but i saw the alliance income eligibility only 60k pa.... is it better if take the alliance Visa Infinite (150k p.a) ... more class rite?

so either alliance visa infinite or maybank plat 2 in 1.

but any way alliance visa infinite can allow principal to bring guest into lounge?

TSGen-X
post Oct 1 2013, 10:07 AM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group Icon
Elite
8,601 posts

QUOTE(eddyooi @ Oct 1 2013, 08:42 AM)
thanks gen x and fly 126 and good morning
a bit clearer now

the cimb platinum is useless after looking at Maybank Platinum 2 in 1 and Alliance Bank Cash Back Platinum
i can see alliance has the advantage of ppc access which i think is better

so is alliance a better take compared to maybank?

but i saw the alliance income eligibility only 60k pa.... is it better if take the alliance Visa Infinite (150k p.a) ... more class rite?

so either alliance visa infinite or maybank plat 2 in 1.

but any way alliance visa infinite can allow principal to bring guest into lounge?
Bro, you go ask your friend, she wants FREE access to KLIA PPL or Worldwide or more in returns from her credit card usage. I bet she will choose returns since she's smart enough to get the OCBC TMC which by the way is a "low" class card tongue.gif

Here is an example. in order to earn RM50 cash back per month

With the MBB 2 AMEX only need to spend RM1K on Saturdays and Sundays to earn RM50 cash back/month and also earn unlimited 5X Treat Points
With Alliance Plat need to spend RM5K per month to earn about RM57 cash back per month and also earn 1X reward points.
The Alliance Visa does not earn you cash back monthly but if she is a big spender she can get some bonus.

And if you spend less than RM30K a year, you will be charged annual fee for the Alliance VI whereas Alliance Plat you only need to swipe 12 times a year for auto annual fee waiver. As for the MBB2 AMEX it is FREE FOR LIFE without any conditions.

Tell you what, ask her to go get:

1. Maybankard 2 Cards where the AMEX combined with her OCBC TMC and earn her up to RM1,200 per year in cash back. Plus 5X Treats Points too from the MBB 2 AMEX.
2. Go get the Alliance Visa Infinite, no harm since it is free for the first year and who knows may find this card even more useful.

Anyway, since you are talking about Airport Lounge, ask her to go click here and read my article The Best Credit Card for Free Entry to Airport Lounge.
eddyooi
post Oct 1 2013, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

thanks gen-x. r r simply great.

from what u said, i can safely ask her to get the maybank 2 card. i will tell her later.

i just hope the amex is safe and not a lot of fraud case

can she apply online?
aka_kepep
post Oct 1 2013, 11:28 AM

a r c h i t o r t u r e d
615 posts

Hi there,

im looking for a cc recommendation based on the following criterias;

1. Annual Income: RM45k

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: yes please

3. Card required for: monthly hotel expenditures (travel 2-3 times monthly)

4. Existing credit cards if any: none.

5. Looking at CC from: is the such thing as an islamic scheme?

6. Others: im using cimb account as my main banking account. and its nice if i can link the credit card with an online banking system (be it CIMB or other banks) to easily track my expenses.

Thanks

TSGen-X
post Oct 1 2013, 03:57 PM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group Icon
Elite
8,601 posts

QUOTE(aka_kepep @ Oct 1 2013, 11:28 AM)
Hi there,

im looking for a cc recommendation based on the following criterias;

1. Annual Income: RM45k

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: yes please

3. Card required for: monthly hotel expenditures (travel 2-3 times monthly)

4. Existing credit cards if any: none.

5. Looking at CC from: is the such thing as an islamic scheme?

6. Others: im using cimb account as my main banking account. and its nice if i can link the credit card with an online banking system (be it CIMB or other banks) to easily track my expenses.

Thanks
Bro, go check out CIMB website and you will note that their CIMB Platinum and Gold Credit Card has no annual fee (of course you need to go read the terms and conditions).
TSGen-X
post Oct 1 2013, 06:22 PM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group Icon
Elite
8,601 posts

Please proceed to Recommendation for Credit Cards V2 by clicking here.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:50 PM