Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
125 Pages « < 78 79 80 81 82 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Recommendation for Credit Cards V1, TQ to contributors ! (From MOD)

BasicNatural
post Jul 20 2012, 12:22 PM

Group: New Member

Hello there
I'm helping my parent to ask about this
I find out that they neglect about CC cash rebate is a waste LOL
So I hope you could help me out there

1. Annual Income : 100k above

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fees : It's okay smile.gif

3. Card required for : PETROL(BHP) 1k-1.5k , TEL. BILL(Digi, Celcom) MYR600

4. Existing card : -

5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks : I was considering MAYBANKARD 2 & OCBC TITANIUM (because the article of your blog)

6. Estimated Spending per month with the card: 5k

APPRECIATE IT!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jul 20 2012, 12:45 PM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(BasicNatural @ Jul 20 2012, 12:22 PM)
Hello there
I'm helping my parent to ask about this
I find out that they neglect about CC cash rebate is a waste LOL
So I hope you could help me out there
1. Annual Income : 100k above
2. Free Lifetime Annual Fees : It's okay smile.gif
3. Card required for : PETROL(BHP) 1k-1.5k , TEL. BILL(Digi, Celcom) MYR600
4. Existing card : -
5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks : I was considering MAYBANKARD 2 & OCBC TITANIUM (because the article of your blog)
6. Estimated Spending per month with the card: 5k
APPRECIATE IT!
Yah that two cards should be okay with RM5K spending and if the BHP station where your parents pump petrol accept AMEX.

If they have high insurance premium, then look into Alliance Bank Platinum credit card too. Or can also consider Alliance Premier Debit Card where it earns the cardholder 2% cash back for any transaction.

But you also have to consider how your parents make payment and will it be a hassle for them. Furthermore are they willing to go thru the trouble to fill up the application forms and MBB got to declare liabilities also nowadays.

I can tell you this, my dad and brother in law are happy with the MBB 2 AMEX as they get to see their TP increase very fast but they had other Maybank credit cards and as such all they needed to do was go to Maybankard Cetnre at 1U to get the MBB 2 Cards by just signing on a form without going through the hassle of submitting documents.

If you can get a detail breakdown of your parent expenses, click here to read my article Earn Pocket Money with Credit Cards (if you have not). Or you can refer to my article on MACH by HLB where I have a table.

Anyway, before you go do homework for your parent, ask them if they are willing to go apply for a new card instead of wasting your time. Older people like me can be stubborn tongue.gif
+Quote Post
BasicNatural
post Jul 20 2012, 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Jul 20 2012, 12:45 PM)
Yah that two cards should be okay with RM5K spending and if the BHP station where your parents pump petrol accept AMEX.

If they have high insurance premium, then look into Alliance Bank Platinum credit card too. Or can also consider Alliance Premier Debit Card where it earns the cardholder 2% cash back for any transaction.

But you also have to consider how your parents make payment and will it be a hassle for them. Furthermore are they willing to go thru the trouble to fill up the application forms and MBB got to declare liabilities also nowadays.

I can tell you this, my dad and brother in law are happy with the MBB 2 AMEX as they get to see their TP increase very fast but they had other Maybank credit cards and as such all they needed to do was go to Maybankard Cetnre at 1U to get the MBB 2 Cards by just signing on a form without going through the hassle of submitting documents.

If you can get a detail breakdown of your parent expenses, click here to read my article Earn Pocket Money with Credit Cards (if you have not). Or you can refer to my article on MACH by HLB where  I have a table.

Anyway, before you go do homework for your parent, ask them if they are willing to go apply for a new card instead of wasting your time. Older people like me can be stubborn  tongue.gif
Hmm firstly, THANKS for your fast reply!
Really appreciate it
HA!

Hmm, I don't get you, You mean 2 card is enough for 5k spending?
Let's say MAYBANKARD 2 - AMEXcash back rate capped at RM50 right? 1k spending already maxed the capacity, isn't? ><
OCBC titanium - same
So total 2k, so means the remainding 3k i couldn't get any cash rebate? blink.gif

HAHAHAHA,
I'm helping them to save money, not waste money ehh
and somemore I'm their dearest daughter of course they will take my words lor! (JK)

Hmm, and last question, why you nvr mention MBF cards in your blog?
MBF is having a promotion now, if you got 1 in the Approval code-you get back 11% of the spending
Is MBF card not worth to having?

Thanks
Have a nice day

+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jul 20 2012, 02:19 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(BasicNatural @ Jul 20 2012, 01:57 PM)
Hmm firstly, THANKS for your fast reply!
Really appreciate it
HA!

Hmm, I don't get you, You mean 2 card is enough for 5k spending?
Let's say MAYBANKARD 2 - AMEXcash back rate capped at RM50 right? 1k spending already maxed the capacity, isn't? ><
OCBC titanium - same
So total 2k, so means the remainding 3k i couldn't get any cash rebate?  blink.gif

HAHAHAHA,
I'm helping them to save money, not waste money ehh
and somemore I'm their dearest daughter of course they will take my words lor! (JK)

Hmm, and last question, why you nvr mention MBF cards in your blog?
MBF is having a promotion now, if you got 1 in the Approval code-you get back 11% of the spending
Is MBF card not worth to having?

Thanks
Have a nice day
Yes the Maybankard 2 AMEX cash back cap is RM50/month BUT the 5X Treats Points is unlimited. The MBB 2 AMEX earns you unlimited Treats Points Everyday for any type of transaction and on top of this it earns you cash back on Saturday and Sunday which is capped. Any by the way, if the OCBC TMC capped is reached and you need to do a transaction at a merchant where they do not accept AMEX, that is when you have the opportunity to your the MBB 2 Visa or MasterCard smile.gif

If you based on cash voucher redemption, the 5X TP works out to be approximately 2.5% guaranteed returns which is better than any credit card out there.

As for MbF card, I guess if you like to gamble or into lottery, what you mentioned above is good, that is if you win it tongue.gif Anyway, MbF card may be taken over by AmBank soon.
+Quote Post
BasicNatural
post Jul 20 2012, 02:36 PM

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Jul 20 2012, 02:19 PM)
Yes the Maybankard 2 AMEX cash back cap is RM50/month BUT the 5X Treats Points is unlimited. The MBB 2 AMEX earns you unlimited Treats Points Everyday for any type of transaction and on top of this it earns you cash back on Saturday and Sunday which is capped. Any by the way, if the OCBC TMC capped is reached and you need to do a transaction at a merchant where they do not accept AMEX, that is when you have the opportunity to your the MBB 2 Visa or MasterCard smile.gif

If you based on cash voucher redemption, the 5X TP works out to be approximately 2.5% guaranteed returns which is better than any credit card out there.

As for MbF card, I guess if you like to gamble or into lottery, what you mentioned above is good, that is if you win it  tongue.gif Anyway, MbF card may be taken over by AmBank soon.
HAHAHA Seem that I'm over greedy lol, I'm a beginner in Credit Card.
I first met MBF card that pamper me with 11% in return(not guarantee-but I feel that getting one 1 among the 6 app code is quite easy)
So, making me to feel that 2.5% is quite low sweat.gif

Okok now I know that 2.5% is counted high, I'll go do somemore homework about this, hehe biggrin.gif

OPSY, Your guessing is wrong, I don't like gamble smile.gif
Ha!
I swipe things that I need instead of pay cash and have a chance to get 11% back,
I'm trying my luck, good to have hope you know
ah how to say..

Swiping card is diff from gamble,
gamble you'll lose, but swiping card you have nothing to lose. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
shirley_andy
post Jul 21 2012, 03:21 PM

★★MSR Rookie Driver★★

1. Annual Income: RM30K to RM36K (GROSS)

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: Must or Minimum Swipe 12 times per annum

3. Card required for: Petrol, Online Payment for Professional Exam fee, Online Shopping, Occasional dining expenses

4. Existing credit cards if any: Nil.

5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: None so far

6. Others: I generally spend very less, just +/-RM150 for petrol. Very rare on dining and entertainment unless the occasion arises(you can consider me a cheapskate person). Mainly want a CC so I can make purchases and payment online and making use of online payment facility such as Paypal etc.

7. Estimated Spending per month with the card: Less than RM1K (in fact most likely <RM300)

Thank You smile.gif
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jul 21 2012, 10:00 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ Jul 21 2012, 03:21 PM)
1. Annual Income: RM30K to RM36K (GROSS)
2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: Must or Minimum Swipe 12 times per annum
3. Card required for: Petrol, Online Payment for Professional Exam fee, Online Shopping, Occasional dining expenses
4. Existing credit cards if any: Nil.
5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: None so far
6. Others: I generally spend very less, just +/-RM150 for petrol. Very rare on dining and entertainment unless the occasion arises(you can consider me a cheapskate person). Mainly want a CC so I can make purchases and payment online and making use of online payment facility such as Paypal etc.
7. Estimated Spending per month with the card: Less than RM1K (in fact most likely <RM300)
For your case, you can try Free For Life no conditions Maybankard 2 Cards where you get a AMEX and Visa or MasterCard.

Since your expenses is most likely less than RM300/month, the best thing about this Maybankard 2 Cards is that if you can charge your expenses to the AMEX card on weekends, then you can actually earn something out from it. You see, even though you have two cards, you are only charge GST for the Visa of MC because for the AMEX Card the GST is absorbed by Maybank.

The MBB 2 AMEX earns you 5X TP everyday and 5% on Saturday and Sunday. Even if you only spend RM200 a month, that's RM2400 per year. You would earn 12,000 Treats Points and RM120 cash back in 1 year. You can then use 10,000 Treats Points to offset the RM50 GST and still have balance 2000 Treats Points. And MBB TP are evergreen and thus carry forward the TP to following years.

And where the AMEX is not welcome, say for your Professional Exam Fee, you can use the Visa or MasterCard.

If your MBB 2 Card application is rejected, then look into UOB One Card where at least you will earn something meaningful from your petrol expenses which can offset the RM50 GST. Only thing is that they have a stupid requirement that you need to swipe 60 times for annual fee waiver. But at least the first year annual fee is waived and you only need to worry about annual fee for following years and by that time you should be able to qualify for better cards.
+Quote Post
mic_bubble
post Jul 23 2012, 12:41 AM

Group: Junior Member

Hi,
Please advice for below.

I had have both Maybank 2(AMEX + Visa) and Maybank Petronas Visa Card , should i terminate my existing Petronas VisaCard as I found tedious to call up Astro and Insurance company to update my new credit card info.

Thanks
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jul 23 2012, 09:01 AM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(mic_bubble @ Jul 23 2012, 12:41 AM)
Hi,
Please advice for below.

I had have both  Maybank 2(AMEX + Visa) and Maybank Petronas Visa Card , should i terminate my existing Petronas VisaCard as I found tedious to call up Astro and Insurance company to update my new credit card info.

Thanks
Well, I am sure that the Rakyat of Malaysia welcome your generosity in donating RM50 GST every year tongue.gif

Actually Astro is not tedious at all, just call them up. As for Insurance, call your agent to bring the form to you, sign it on the spot and get him to submit it. Alternatively, if you can't go to the Insurance Office, call them up and see if they can fax the form to you or maybe it can even be done over the phone.
+Quote Post
snigapoe
post Jul 23 2012, 01:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(J@iMoney @ Jul 23 2012, 01:00 PM)
Hi!

If you want petrol rebates as well as phone bill rebates, OCBC and Maybank are the best. But if your parents dont mind changing petrol station, Citibank Shell Gold Visa Card is giving up to 8% on fuel rebate.

Here is a list that your parents might find useful for some comparison.

http://www.imoney.my/credit-card/?tab=cashback

Hope you find it useful!

Janice. smile.gif
frankly speaking
that's one of the card i would avoid
due to the tier rebate system on petrol and only cashback to us in RM 50 block if not mistaken
+Quote Post
alvincks
post Jul 24 2012, 02:21 AM

Regular

Hi Guru,
Thinking of getting a new card and plan to have sub card for my wife,so that she can cancel her card(HSBC)

1. Annual Income: 100k according income tax
2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: prefer
3. Card required for: Groceries, Utilities, Petrol, shopping, dining, medical bills, car services
4. Existing credit cards if any: [/B]HSBC gold
5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: look for the best rebate and no manual fees
6. Estimated Spending per month with the card: around 2-3k
7. Others: 0% installment.

What card should I get instead?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by alvincks: Jul 24 2012, 02:24 AM
+Quote Post
Human Nature
post Jul 24 2012, 02:41 AM

- student of human nature -

QUOTE(alvincks @ Jul 24 2012, 02:21 AM)
Hi Guru,
Thinking of getting a new card and plan to have sub card for my wife,so that she can cancel her card(HSBC)

3. Card required for:  Groceries, Utilities, Petrol, shopping, dining, medical bills, car services
5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: look for the best rebate and no manual fees

Thanks in advance!
Hi, you could consider the combination of Maybank 2 cards + OCBC Titanium.

The MBB 2 AMEX earns you 5X TP everyday and 5% cashback on weekends. Annual fee is waived.

The OCBC Ti gives you 5% cashback for petrol, dining, groceries and utilities. 1% for others. Annual fee is waived for 12x swipes. RM50 cashback after RM10000 spend.
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jul 24 2012, 08:59 AM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(alvincks @ Jul 24 2012, 02:21 AM)

3. Card required for:  Groceries, Utilities, Petrol, shopping, dining, medical bills, car services

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Jul 24 2012, 02:41 AM)
Hi, you could consider the combination of Maybank 2 cards + OCBC Titanium.

The MBB 2 AMEX earns you 5X TP everyday and 5% cashback on weekends. Annual fee is waived.

The OCBC Ti gives you 5% cashback for petrol, dining, groceries and utilities. 1% for others. Annual fee is waived for 12x swipes. RM50 cashback after RM10000 spend.
I agree with Human Nature on getting both the OCBC and MBB2 Cards for your case.

However I also noted you mentioned you spend up to RM3K and your wife has her own card. Now if your wife has income or pays income tax, then she should also consider getting her own Principal Maybankard 2 Cards or OCBC Titanium MasterCard. This is because with you having the OCBC TMC and MBB2 Card, with RM3K spending you only get back RM100 cash back; but add another principal card from your wife, you can get up to RM150/month cash back.

Say for example, you and your wife's total expenses for Petrol, Groceries, TNB, Telco, Astro, Syabas and eating out is more than RM1K. Then it would be beneficial for your wife to get her own Principal OCBC TMC card too because OCBC Cash Back is capped at RM50/month. You get nothing once you hit the monthly cap.

On the other hand, if your wife shops a lot at places that accept AMEX (like AEON, MJ, Parkson, Mid Valley or 1U), then the Maybankard 2 Cards may be more appropriate as she can earn approximately 2.5% which is better than OCBC TMC 1% cash back. Better still if she spends money on Saturday and Sunday where the MBB AMEX earns her extra 5% cash back.

Click here to read my Maybankard 2 Cards Review where I did a comparison versus OCBC Titanium MasterCard. Spend RM1K/month with the MBB 2 AMEX and in a year, in additional to earning up to RM600 cash back you will have 60,000 Treats Points to redeem RM300 Parkson cash vouchers.

And to show you how good the Maybankard 2 AMEX is with 5X TP, click here to read my article FREE Money from Maybankard and Bonus Link for my wife's SK-II

As for medical bills and car servicing, if they accept AMEX best. But if they don't and you hit the monthly cash back cap with OCBC TMC, then you can either use your HSBC credit card or the Maybankard 2 Cards Visa or MC.

One more thing, I thought HSBC upgrading their cardholders' gold card to platinum. Anyway, if you are happy with HSBC, do consider upgrading to their Visa Signature as you do qualify for it. Click here to read my article on HSBC Premier World MasterCard and Visa Signature Benefits.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Jul 24 2012, 09:23 AM
+Quote Post
GAMEOVER
post Jul 24 2012, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

1. Annual Income: RM24K to RM30K

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: Either

3. Card required for: Hotel, Petrol, Online Transactions, Cinema, Cash Rebate, Groceries, Installment for Gadgets or Furniture

4. Existing credit cards if any: Nil

5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: CIMB

6. Others:

7. Estimated Spending per month with the card: Less than RM1K
+Quote Post
chicpea
post Jul 24 2012, 04:51 PM

1. Annual Income: RM36K-RM42K

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: A Must.

3. Card required for: Cash Back/Rebate Only, AirMiles, Overseas Transactions, Online Shopping, % installment plan, Retail shopping

4. Existing credit cards if any: Citibank Platinum (Supp)

5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: Standard Chartered, Maybank, Citibank

7. Estimated Spending per month with the card: within RM1K

Please help! Thanks smile.gif
+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jul 24 2012, 05:21 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(GAMEOVER @ Jul 24 2012, 12:33 PM)
1. Annual Income: RM24K to RM30K
2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: Either
3. Card required for: Hotel, Petrol, Online Transactions, Cinema, Cash Rebate, Groceries, Installment for Gadgets or Furniture
4. Existing credit cards if any: Nil
5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: CIMB
6. Others:
7. Estimated Spending per month with the card: Less than RM1K
Except for CIMB Petronas, their other credit cards earn you nothing for petrol.

For you case, if petrol consist a major part of your expenses, you can consider UOB One Card where you will earn 5% cash back for all petrol stations everyday.

If you go to the movies like everyweek, go check out Citibank Clear card and read my reply above post#1581.

If your income is close to RM30K, go apply for Maybankard 2 Cards if your petrol station accept AMEX. Click here to read my review of the Maybankard 2 Cards. For Installment plans, Maybank credit cards are accepted by many merchants. And if you can plan your transactions on Saturday or Sunday, the MBB 2 AMEX earns you 5% cash back on top or 5X Treats Points everyday. Click here to see places that accept AMEX.

QUOTE(chicpea @ Jul 24 2012, 04:51 PM)
1. Annual Income: RM36K-RM42K
2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: A Must.
3. Card required for: Cash Back/Rebate Only, AirMiles, Overseas Transactions, Online Shopping, % installment plan, Retail shopping
4. Existing credit cards if any: Citibank Platinum (Supp)
5. Preferred Bank or Considering CC from banks: Standard Chartered, Maybank, Citibank
7. Estimated Spending per month with the card: within RM1K
In respect to your requirement for Airmile, I guess you read post#1 half way only. There is an example showing how much you need to spend before you can even get a ticket to Singapore. For RM1K spending per month, it would take years before you can even get a fee ticket to Singapore. Better you use the points and redeem for cash vouchers.

Anyway, for your case, apply for the Maybankard 2 Cards where you can earn 5X evergreen Treats Points and earn 5% cash back every Saturday and Sunday for any type of transaction with the MBB 2 AMEX. And the Maybankard 2 Visa or MasterCard has one of the lowest overseas conversion rate. Once again, click here to read my review of the Maybankard 2 Cards. For Installment plans, Maybank credit cards are accepted by many merchants.

Standard Chartered Bank - now they offering cash to new applicants. Click here to SCB Thread and read the last 20 pages or so. Their SCB Business credit card earns the cardholder 0.5% cash back + Choice points. Effectively you will earn less than 1% when you take into consideration of the Choice points required to redeem for cash vouchers.

As for Citibank, they do have a cash back card call Citibank Cash Back Platinum where they just reduced the eligibility income requirement to RM40K/year. But for your case, it won't benefit you much since you don't need a card for petrol or groceries. For online and retail shopping you only earn 0.3% cash back with the Citi CB Plat..

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Jul 24 2012, 05:28 PM
+Quote Post
alvincks
post Jul 24 2012, 09:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Jul 24 2012, 08:59 AM)
I agree with Human Nature on getting both the OCBC and MBB2 Cards for your case.

However I also noted you mentioned you spend up to RM3K and your wife has her own card. Now if your wife has income or pays income tax, then she should also consider getting her own Principal Maybankard 2 Cards or OCBC Titanium MasterCard. This is because with you having the OCBC TMC and MBB2 Card, with RM3K spending you only get back RM100 cash back; but add another principal card from your wife, you can get up to RM150/month cash back.

Say for example, you and your wife's total expenses for Petrol, Groceries, TNB, Telco, Astro, Syabas and eating out is more than RM1K. Then it would be beneficial for your wife to get her own Principal OCBC TMC card too because OCBC Cash Back is capped at RM50/month. You get nothing once you hit the monthly cap.

On the other hand, if your wife shops a lot at places that accept AMEX (like AEON, MJ, Parkson, Mid Valley or 1U), then the Maybankard 2 Cards may be more appropriate as she can earn approximately 2.5% which is better than OCBC TMC 1% cash back. Better still if she spends money on Saturday and Sunday where the MBB AMEX earns her extra 5% cash back.

Click here to read my Maybankard 2 Cards Review where I did a comparison versus OCBC Titanium MasterCard. Spend RM1K/month with the MBB 2 AMEX and in a year, in additional to earning up to RM600 cash back you will have 60,000 Treats Points to redeem RM300 Parkson cash vouchers.

And to show you how good the Maybankard 2 AMEX is with 5X TP, click here to read my article FREE Money from Maybankard and Bonus Link for my wife's SK-II

As for medical bills and car servicing, if they accept AMEX best. But if they don't and you hit the monthly cash back cap with OCBC TMC, then you can either use your HSBC credit card or the Maybankard 2 Cards Visa or MC.

One more thing, I thought HSBC upgrading their cardholders' gold card to platinum. Anyway, if you are happy with HSBC, do consider upgrading to their Visa Signature as you do qualify for it. Click here to read my article on HSBC Premier World MasterCard and Visa Signature Benefits.
Thanks Human Nature and Gen-X, very good comment and reviews!
my intention is to keep one card for myself and another sub card for my wife as she going to stop work and be a house wife soon, we kind of thinking re-evaluate our budget to keep into minimal by avoid out of control on swapping card, annual fees waived sound more important to us, cash back and other benefits will be added value, if really go for a single card, which could it be?

I heard some concern about MBB card cancellation issue(one from my brother case as well), they like to drag the cancellation process until the annual fees get impose, and you have to settle it before really cancel sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gen-X
post Jul 24 2012, 09:43 PM

Lifetime LYN Member

QUOTE(alvincks @ Jul 24 2012, 09:09 PM)
Thanks Human Nature and Gen-X, very good comment and reviews!
my intention is to keep one card for myself and another sub card for my wife as she going to stop work and be a house wife soon, we kind of thinking re-evaluate our budget to keep into minimal by avoid out of control on swapping card, annual fees waived sound more important to us, cash back and other benefits will be added value, if really go for a single card, which could it be?

I heard some concern about MBB card cancellation issue(one from my brother case as well), they like to drag the cancellation process until the annual fees get impose, and you have to settle it before really cancel sad.gif
Bro. Maybankard 2 Cards are Free For Life and only a single GST of RM50 for two cards which can be easily offset when you spend RM2K per year with the MBB 2 AMEX as you will earn 10K Treats Points to offset the GST. You can consider this card to be FREE.

As for OCBC Titanium MasterCard annual fee is waived with 12 swipes per year and if you spend RM10K with it within a year, OCBC will credit into your account RM50 at the anniversary date, as such it is like there's no GST being charged. So this card is also FREE.

So, coming back to your question, if you really going for a single card, which card to get? Well, based on your requirements and spending amount, I strongly recommend you get both MBB 2 Card and OCBC Titanium MasterCard as both cards can benefit you for your essential expenses because these cards combined can really earn (save) you money. Unless you mentioned earlier you do not want MBB card, if I were to recommend you only a single card, it is just not the "right thing" to do.

As for your comment to avoid out of control spending, even if you got 1 credit card, if you got no discipline, it makes no difference. But from the way you post above, it shows you have planning and have been controlling you expenditure, as such, you should be thinking like most of us here ( in this section) on how to maximize returns from our expenses. Well, some at the SCB thread go one step further and go apply credit cards to get FREE money!!!

I have cancel my MBB cards before and got no major issue, just have to terminate early before the anniversary date and follow up with CS to confirm the card is cancelled after 2 -4 weeks time (this applies to all cards). But I can assure you that the MBB 2 Cards is going to serve you very well for many years to come.

Click here to my Mach by HLB credit card review where I have a table showing the cash back earned from various cards.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: Jul 24 2012, 09:49 PM
+Quote Post
alvincks
post Jul 24 2012, 10:10 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Gen-X @ Jul 24 2012, 09:43 PM)
Bro. Maybankard 2 Cards are Free For Life and only a single GST of RM50 for two cards which can be easily offset when you spend RM2K per year with the MBB 2 AMEX as you will earn 10K Treats Points to offset the GST. You can consider this card to be FREE.

As for OCBC Titanium MasterCard annual fee is waived with 12 swipes per year and if you spend RM10K with it within a year, OCBC will credit into your account RM50 at the anniversary date, as such it is like there's no GST being charged. So this card is also FREE.

So, coming back to your question, if you really going for a single card, which card to get? Well, based on your requirements and spending amount,  I strongly recommend you get both MBB 2 Card and OCBC Titanium MasterCard as both cards can benefit you for your essential expenses because these cards combined can really earn (save) you money. Unless you mentioned earlier you do not want MBB card, if I were to recommend you only a single card, it is just not the "right thing" to do.

As for your comment to avoid out of control spending, even if you got 1 credit card, if you got no discipline, it makes no difference. But from the way you post above, it shows you have planning and have been controlling you expenditure, as such, you should be thinking like most of us here ( in this section) on how to maximize returns from our expenses. Well, some at the SCB thread go one step further and go apply credit cards to get FREE money!!!

I have cancel my MBB cards before and got no major issue, just have to terminate early before the anniversary date and follow up with CS to confirm the card is cancelled after 2 -4 weeks time (this applies to all cards). But I can assure you that the MBB 2 Cards is going to serve you very well for many years to come.

Click here to my Mach by HLB credit card review where I have a table showing the cash back earned from various cards.
Thanks again Gen-X, just to confirm the annual fees that we mentioned is same as the government service tax for credit card?
+Quote Post
Human Nature
post Jul 24 2012, 10:16 PM

- student of human nature -

QUOTE(alvincks @ Jul 24 2012, 10:10 PM)
Thanks again Gen-X, just to confirm the annual fees that we mentioned is same as the government service tax for credit card?
No, different thing.
RM50 GST is charged by the government, all cards.
Annual Fee is charged by the bank, some is free of life, some is waived upon certain condition, etc.
+Quote Post

125 Pages « < 78 79 80 81 82 > » 
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1476sec    3.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:03 PM