Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Headphone Amplifier and DAC Recommendation, portables, desktops, amps, dac, lai (Headphones)

liquidgal
post Mar 17 2015, 06:44 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(wim1983 @ Mar 17 2015, 04:59 PM)
Well objectively I do not want to rely in DSD decoding, also it's way too luxury to go that so called "high bit" way, ODAC will work just fine with 24bit, which suffice for line level volume adjustment using a preamp or even professional studio mixing, for preamp volume adjust, O2 amp with 1X gain setting will do, I have seen some people already did this, by placing special order to JDS Labs, can't wait to try myself, in any way I found that mostly sound less perfect because of the speakers, or the amplifier, back to the 4 parameters: noise, distortion, frequency response, and time-based error hmm.gif

For headphone amp, O2 amp is enough for me, maybe a bigger volume knob for better look drool.gif
They support DSD decoding, but doesn't mean that you must use it to play DSD files only. Many buy them only for playing flac actually.
Also high resoution doesn't make the dac better than other DAC that doesn't support.
Just like Musical Paradise MP-D1 MK2 which doesn't support DSD is a much better DAC than Aune X1 pro DSD.
But anyway, since you are confident with ODAC, can go ahead to try it ya.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sirknieghf
post Mar 17 2015, 11:12 PM

Getting Started

hi guys, im using audio technica m40x also start reading about DAC/AMP and thinking to get one
my source is PC and mobile and budget around 300+-, prefer portable but do suggest me a desktop DAC/AMP
+Quote Post
E1 - AKG
post Mar 17 2015, 11:36 PM

Your personal audio store!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(sirknieghf @ Mar 17 2015, 11:12 PM)
hi guys, im using audio technica m40x also start reading about DAC/AMP and thinking to get one
my source is PC and mobile and budget around 300+-, prefer portable but do suggest me a desktop DAC/AMP
when you mention mobile, you will need to specify the make and model especially for Android nod.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
wim1983
post Mar 18 2015, 08:20 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(liquidgal @ Mar 17 2015, 07:44 PM)
They support DSD decoding, but doesn't mean that you must use it to play DSD files only. Many buy them only for playing flac actually.
Also high resoution doesn't make the dac better than other DAC that doesn't support.
Just like Musical Paradise MP-D1 MK2 which doesn't support DSD is a much better DAC than Aune X1 pro DSD.
But anyway, since you are confident with ODAC, can go ahead to try it ya.
Actually I am looking AUDIO-GD products, but lots of the review seem show that the low/mid range product line is just as normal DAC/preamp perform, while the top high end category is out of my budget considerations shakehead.gif
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sirknieghf
post Mar 18 2015, 09:24 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Mar 17 2015, 11:36 PM)
when you mention mobile, you will need to specify the make and model especially for Android  nod.gif

user posted image
thanks, for now im using asus zenfone 5..might be changing later this year though
+Quote Post
faiz293
post Mar 19 2015, 12:25 PM

Getting Started

I'm using LG G2, and listening my music by using spotify. Currently I only have the xiaomi earphone and want to upgrade to a far greater listening experience.

If I buy fiio X3, pair it with my current phone and earphone, how big is the improvement? Or no improvement at all?
+Quote Post
E1 - AKG
post Mar 19 2015, 03:43 PM

QUOTE(faiz293 @ Mar 19 2015, 12:25 PM)
I'm using LG G2, and listening my music by using spotify. Currently I only have the xiaomi earphone and want to upgrade to a far greater listening experience.

If I buy fiio X3, pair it with my current phone and earphone, how big is the improvement? Or no improvement at all?
The FiiO X3 is itself a digital audio player.
+Quote Post
faiz293
post Mar 19 2015, 04:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Mar 19 2015, 03:43 PM)
The FiiO X3 is itself a digital audio player.
I know. But I dont think there's a way for me to transfer all my spotify songs into the memory card.

I'm now thinking of x5. But afraid if i cant really notice the improvement.
+Quote Post
E1 - AKG
post Mar 19 2015, 04:59 PM

QUOTE(faiz293 @ Mar 19 2015, 04:34 PM)
I know. But I dont think there's a way for me to transfer all my spotify songs into the memory card.

You can't pair the FiiO X3 or any other player to your phone shakehead.gif

EXCEPT for the Teac HAP90SD sweat.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
faiz293
post Mar 19 2015, 10:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Mar 19 2015, 04:59 PM)
You can't pair the FiiO X3 or any other player to your phone  shakehead.gif

EXCEPT for the Teac HAP90SD  sweat.gif 

user posted image
bro....i can only laugh when I look at how much does it cost... shakehead.gif sweat.gif

So, can you recommend me a combo that can improve my listening experience?
+Quote Post
noobandroid
post Mar 19 2015, 10:10 PM

MechKB+Audiophile

QUOTE(faiz293 @ Mar 19 2015, 10:02 PM)
bro....i can only laugh when I look at how much does it cost...  shakehead.gif  sweat.gif

So, can you recommend me a combo that can improve my listening experience?
if you are on android, can consider using otg to a usb dac amp, same method can be said for iDevices too
+Quote Post
E1 - AKG
post Mar 20 2015, 12:09 AM

QUOTE(faiz293 @ Mar 19 2015, 12:25 PM)

The problem with Android is the compatibility with the various DAC/amps. It varies from maker to maker and model to model within the same brand sweat.gif

Better for you to audit the pairing with your G2 to ensure compatibility. Again, even if you settle with a DAC/amp that works, it doesn't necessary means it will work with your next new replacement phone sweat.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
tzuen
post Mar 22 2015, 08:19 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(faiz293 @ Mar 19 2015, 04:34 PM)

I dont think you can transfer spotify songs to your memory cards.
+Quote Post
Decky
post Mar 22 2015, 12:34 PM

Regular

wrong thread PS

This post has been edited by Decky: Mar 22 2015, 08:38 PM
+Quote Post
Problem
post Mar 22 2015, 08:21 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Decky @ Mar 22 2015, 12:34 PM)
Hi guys, I bought a pair of Bayerdynamic XP3's only to realize that my ears cannot tolerate IEM's (instant tinnitus after using just ONCE at slightly above medium volume). (I've never used IEMs before apart from apple ear pods)

How much do you think I can sell it off (no hygiene issues since the rubber bits can be replaced right?) for?

Also, I'm planning to get either a m30x or m40x to replace them, which one should I choose since the price diff is about RM60 ish? I listen mainly to acoustic/vocal heavy/instrumentals and I never go near EDM or heavy metal etc.
Don't see how IEMs are giving you tinnitus, it's usually due to bad listening habits (listening at loud volumes for long periods) historically and you don't get it overnight or over a short period of time but prolong exposure.

Getting headphones or loudspeakers as an alternative won't solve the issue if you already developed tinnitus.

Besides, this thread relates to ampflication and DAC recommendation. Headphones & IEMs are on the other pinned thread.

This post has been edited by Problem: Mar 22 2015, 08:21 PM
+Quote Post
Decky
post Mar 22 2015, 08:37 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Problem @ Mar 22 2015, 08:21 PM)
Don't see how IEMs are giving you tinnitus, it's usually due to bad listening habits (listening at loud volumes for long periods) historically and you don't get it overnight or over a short period of time but prolong exposure.

Getting headphones or loudspeakers as an alternative won't solve the issue if you already developed tinnitus.

Besides, this thread relates to ampflication and DAC recommendation. Headphones & IEMs are on the other pinned thread.
woops sorry wrong thread was in a rush!

PS
+Quote Post
siles1991
post Mar 26 2015, 08:26 AM

I love tubes so should you!

guys i got an issue with my e11k + fiio x1 combo...I wear jeans so when i put it into my pocket, the volume knob tends to get turned either too loudly or too softly when i walk xD. i wish there was a lock feature, anyone got any advice?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1435sec    4.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2015 - 06:33 PM