Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Raw Selvedge Denim Thread, Version 4

views

TSGrimm
post Feb 27 2011, 01:32 PM, updated 8y ago

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

What is Selvedge (Salvage) denim?

Selvedge denim is a particular type of denim which is produced on vintage shuttle looms which boasts a firm natural edge that does not unravel. The word "selvedge" comes from the phrase "self-edge", the natural edge of a roll of fabric. As applied to denim, it means that which is made on old-style shuttle looms (source: Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denim).

Shuttle looms are antique tools that were outdated by newer technologies in the 1950′s. Jeans today are mostly made on projectile looms which are more cost efficient for manufacturers. But during the mid to late 50's, as a response to increased demand for jeans in the west, American denim manufacturers replaced the old shuttle style looms with modern projectile looms. The new looms produced fabric faster and wider and were a more commercial approach to producing jeans in large quantities.

However, the trade-off was a lower quality and strength of material which was passed on to the end consumer, as well as a less personalized clothing item. As the major players like Levi’s and Lee upgraded their looms in the 1960's, these old-style looms eventually ended up in Japan, where the best selvedge denim is still made today.

For better clarification regarding the differences between the old school shuttle looms and the more commercial projectile looms,

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The selvedge edge is usually stitched with colored thread: green, white, brown, yellow, and red (red is the most common). Fabric mills used these colors to differentiate between fabrics.

user posted image
A silver threaded selvedge, probably from a pair of black Dior Homme 19cms

user posted image
Beautiful teal and yellow threaded selvedge

user posted image
Multi-colored selvedge

user posted image
Red selvegde in Japanese 14oz Denim Uniqlo Selvedge Jeans.
This is the most common type of selvedge you will get to see nowadays. This also represents Levis' trademark selvedge jeans back in the days where the color of the thread (Levis used red) was closely associated with certain brands. The above colored selvedges are extremely rare and almost cannot be obtained in this part of the world.

Selvedge denim is one of the finest denims that can be used in jeans production today and the price indeed reflects that. The weaving process takes longer to complete but achieves a tightly woven, heavier weight fabric that is built to last. In fact, one of the ways to distinguish vintage jeans of the past is by looking for this trademark characteristic (source: http://www.popculturepost.com/2007/05/22/w...elvedge-denim/).

What is Raw denim?

Raw or Dry denim refers to denim which has not been washed after the dying process during production. The indigo which is dyed onto the jeans is presented in a virgin state, hence dry or raw. The process of wear and tear over time when denim is worn, such as stretching at the knee and upper thighs (whiskers), the frequent friction at the bottom of both the denim (near the ankles) due to walking, the creases behind the knees (honeycombs), and any other areas which receive the most stress such as a wallet in a very tight back pocket, will encourage the indigo to fade faster than other general areas of the jeans. This creates very personalized fades, depending on what you keep in your pockets, how you wear your jeans and the activities you do with your jeans on.

After about a year of wearing, without any washes, the first wash will produce something extremely personal to the user. The pair of raw denim, over the months and years of wear, has faded into something beautiful. Your pair of jeans has now become like a close friend. A second skin over your lower body.

user posted image
My Imperial Dukes in a raw state (source: www.SelfEdge.com)

user posted image
Dior Homme honeycombs

user posted image
Heavy cell-phone fadings and some good whiskers (source: MyNudies.com)

user posted image
The ultimate end look we all strive for.

Now lets have an insight on Japanese denim and why it is revered in the world of indigo.

The Japanese denim industry is revered the world over for its innovativeness and its capability to set trends in the denim industry.
It would be nice to have a look at some facts and figures relating to the Japanese Denim Industry.
Denim Exports : 2006 about 56 million sq mtrs.
2007(till march) about 15 million sq mtrs.
Jeans :80 million pairs (approx) produced in Japan p.a
:20 million pairs(approx) imported p.a
Export markets : China,Hongkong, US, Vietnam and Italy.

Main Denim producing areas in Japan : The Hiroshima perfecture, The Okayama perfecture and the Mihara Area.

DENIM MILLS

KAIHARA DENIM
Produces about 36 million sq mtrs of denim p.a
Exports about 60% of production.
Offer about 600-900 items to buyers every year
Investment since 1970 – about USD 500 million.
More than 300 looms at six mills.
Strengths : Superior cotton mix and unique Dyeing process.
Kaihara has no plans to go overseas for production as they are quite comfortable in Japan…This shows their belief in their own capability to be highly innovative

KURABO INDUSTRIES

Currently focusing very much on Stretch fibres and are looking at
advanced versions of stretch denim by using XLA stretch yarn,Xfit
lycra and T400. This is to take advantage of the Skinny Jeans
fashion that is currently still strong.
Developments 2006-08 : Emphasizing on the Ocean BLue colors under the Ultra Marine
Blue Brand name.
:’Wave’ – A line developed from a specially designed slub yarn .
:’Air Spinner’ – third line that features very soft denim.

NISSHINBO INDUSTRIES

Capacity : About 12 million sq mtrs p.a
Developments : As per the marketing manager of Nisshinbo – ‘Masanharu Tanaka’
the NEW TREND would be a return towards NATURAL LOOKS. This
would mean that innovative looks using Indigo and other yarn
dyeing material.
:Liquid Ammonia Treatment: Nisshinbo is also know for the
development of the liquid ammonia treatment of Denim Fabric. The
denim fabric is dipped in liquid ammonia (about -40 degrees C)
which enables it to regain its original shape , thus giving back
natural softness to the fibre. One of its five ammonia treatment
plant is used for treating Denims.

Other developments in the Japanese denim Industry :
The DUCK TEXTILE CO. has introduced a JERSEY DENIM - a denim made of knit fabric. This fabric looks like woven fabric but has the qualities of the knit fabric.
Another development doing the rounds in the Japanese Denim Industry is the effort to keep the core of the cotton yarn undyed .. Though this normally happens in the Rope Dyeing method, but the effort is to have much more undyed portion through HAND DYEING which will give very good after washing effects…

source: http://denimiscool.wordpress.com/category/japanese-denim/

More content coming up

-Known brands and what each is famous for [Tripleworks - http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/search.../Triple%20Works]
-Lesser known brands.
-Washing discussion.
-Sizing discussion.
-Selected pictures to form our LYN member's fades and fit pics archive.

Link to previous thread, v3 - http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/874917

Denim Wall of Fades 2010 Contest, Jakarta, Indonesia - Click here for sexcitement

This post has been edited by Grimm: Jun 20 2011, 12:26 PM
rubrubrub
post Feb 27 2011, 01:37 PM

senor
1,546 posts

how much does a selvegde normally cost?
TSGrimm
post Feb 27 2011, 01:41 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Uniqlo selvedge jeans can start at MYR 250.
Dior Homme silver selvedge (which are no longer produced) can go up to MYR 1,800.

It really depends on what you're looking for. Asking how much do they cost is really silly. What matters to us, is the qualities of different makes of denim.
kotmj
post Feb 27 2011, 01:50 PM

The Coatmaker's Apprentice
3,796 posts

Uniqlo raw seldge is RM169.

Do any of you still think selvedge denim is produced on vintage shuttle looms? The whole world is wearing selvedge now, you almost cannot sell regular jeans anymore and do you really think there is that many vintage shuttle looms to go about? Not to mention the low rate of production would mean nobody could produce enough of it, and these machines would need replacement parts like nothing else because of their age and 3 shifts/day production.

P.S. Don't argue with me about machines.
g3n0c|d3
post Feb 27 2011, 02:08 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,426 posts

QUOTE(kotmj @ Feb 27 2011, 01:50 PM)
Uniqlo raw seldge is RM169.

Do any of you still think selvedge denim is produced on vintage shuttle looms? The whole world is wearing selvedge now, you almost cannot sell regular jeans anymore and do you really think there is that many vintage shuttle looms to go about? Not to mention the low rate of production would mean nobody could produce enough of it, and these machines would need replacement parts like nothing else because of their age and 3 shifts/day production.

P.S. Don't argue with me about machines.
Yup. It still is. Thats why its a bit more expensive than regular projectile denim. Vintage shuttle looms is one thing but i guess if u can make the shuttle looms on the 30s, why not in the 2011? U can create machines which resemble old style shuttle looms with todays technology no doubt. Correct me if im wrong here then.

Anyways
The shuttle loom produces selvedge denim as the weft (horizontal thread) is weaved back and forth continuously in a loop, the full length of the machine. When the weft reaches the edge of the machine, it loops back in and starts the process all over again, creating a closed selvedge edge. In contrast, modern projectile loom produces open edges that need to be stitched together, as the weft is weaved only one way (not in a loop).

That is what selvedge is all about. For me that is

This post has been edited by g3n0c|d3: Feb 27 2011, 02:12 PM
TSGrimm
post Feb 27 2011, 09:04 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

But certain makers still do stick to their heritage. I know the more common massed produced ones like Nudies and Uniqlo might not, but when you look at Iron Heart, Sugar Cane, Pure Blue Japan, Studio D'Artisan, Full Count, Samurai, The Flat Head, Momotaro, Triple Works, and various other japanese brands that we are not exposed to.

I really wonder though, how all the shuttle looms ended up in Japan. They bought all of them up from the Americans or what...

they seriously do them in small quantities. Even if you have the dough to order them online, chances are, the stock count would only be 0 or 1 or 2. I have never seen any of them having more than 2 pieces of inventory for their online store. I am rather sure they still do use the vintage looms.

http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/0...to-produce.html

A video as well.

http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/0...edge-denim.html

Moar on selvedge denim

http://www.contextclothing.com/support/selvage_denim.php

Traditionally the denim made on the Shuttle Looms was so narrow that about 3 yards were required to make a jeans. To maximize fabric consumption, the jeans makers used the Selvedge also which can be seen when the Jeans is turned up.The color of the thread in the Selvedge was used to differentiate between fabrics. True vintage jeans can be recognised by the Selvedge thread.

Traditionally, American denim was considered superior. However, the Americans replaced all their Shuttle Looms by faster looms (projectile looms). Many of these looms were bought by Japanese who felt that there was a market for traditional denim. And when the Premium Denim craze began after 2000, many jeans manufacturers introduced jeans made from Shuttle looms and Quality Dyeing.

Quality Dyeing

Quality Dyeing is Indigo Dyeing done using Loop Dyeing machines – which are themselves rare and vintage machines. The rope of cotton yarn goes through a vat of Indigo and then is taken to the ROOF of the factory where it is allowed to oxidize and then brought back to dip. Some companies do as many as 30 DIPS creating a rich blue Indigo character.
Another traditional thing that goes in the process of creating a Traditional Premium Denim is the chain stitch at the leg opening – which gives a thick stitch line at the hem.

Denim produced on shuttle looms is naturally irregular . Accompanied with the additional details in dyeing and stitching, it produces a unique product and as the Jeans age, they produce a unique pattern. Like Fine Wood, Selvage denim will become more beautiful with age and acquire a patina which is impossible to create artificially.
Many of the japanese denim brands are using selvedge denim. The most famous of them WAS Evisu. Their HERITAGE Collection is made entirely of selvedge denim only , produced on 30" looms and dyed by LOOP Dyeing method. With a minimum of 16 dips, they go up to 30 dips . For chainstitching, they use the ‘Union Special Machines’ which are considered to be the ‘ROLLS ROYCE’ of stitching machines in 1950s.

source: http://denimiscool.wordpress.com/category/japanese-denim/

This post has been edited by Grimm: Mar 2 2011, 04:28 PM
kuzgo
post Feb 27 2011, 10:12 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

Any idea what these 'vintage looms' look like? I saw pictures from when some of the sufu members visited Haraki-san. Them machines look mighty modern to me.
treflip
post Feb 28 2011, 12:43 AM

Enthusiast
712 posts

new thread!! hehehe
irmond
post Feb 28 2011, 06:36 AM

Real Estate Sales 0169883262
618 posts

user posted image
what do you guys called this?
Raw denim selvedge jeans?
71ers
post Feb 28 2011, 08:32 AM

Casual
467 posts

looks raw to me and has that selvedge edge.
kuzgo
post Feb 28 2011, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(irmond @ Feb 28 2011, 06:36 AM)
user posted image
what do you guys called this?
Raw denim selvedge jeans?
We call those 'Evisu'. tongue.gif
silverstan
post Feb 28 2011, 03:15 PM

Casual
388 posts

fashion = you pay for the brand. tongue.gif

TSGrimm
post Feb 28 2011, 03:22 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

The TOYODA shuttle loom

user posted image
LAYANGLAYANG
post Feb 28 2011, 07:23 PM

Casual
309 posts

nice, putting this thread up, idiot like me can learn something here.
irmond
post Mar 1 2011, 04:20 AM

618 posts

QUOTE(kuzgo @ Feb 28 2011, 10:10 AM)
We call those 'Evisu'.  tongue.gif

EvisU is the brand.
so those torn jeans. Is called washed denim?

pengejar
post Mar 1 2011, 04:51 AM

32 posts

I found out Raw Evisu is really hard to break in. 2-3years breakin Evisu equal to half year for brand like nudie, apc.

*This based on International Evisu, still can't get my hand on Made in Japan Evisu, really adore Lot 2000 No.1 Special.

Btw, this thread for raw selvage community, or, raw or selvage or both community?

Added on March 1, 2011, 4:54 amI'm saving for Nudie Dry Selvage Grim Tim and Evisu Japan No.1 Lot 2000 without paint at back pocket.

This post has been edited by pengejar: Mar 1 2011, 04:54 AM
Balaclava
post Mar 1 2011, 05:20 AM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

Raw and Selvages. But occasionally, talks regarding denim in general just comes in so there's no restriction to it.
Xp3rT
post Mar 1 2011, 07:43 AM

867 posts

most of raw jeans are selvages?
pengejar
post Mar 1 2011, 08:15 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(Xp3rT @ Mar 1 2011, 07:43 AM)
most of raw jeans are selvages?
Used to, but not really. Some new western companies produce raw jeans but not selvage.
Same goes to selvage, not all selvage jeans are raw.
Example Evisu, they got raw selvage and washed selvage. And also Nudie, they got dry(raw) selvage, selvage lab(washed/pre-breakin), and also normal jeans.
TSGrimm
post Mar 1 2011, 08:46 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Raws and selvedges are two different things. Check out the explanations on the first post. Although most selvedges were raws, non-selvedge raw jeans are becoming more and more popular.

Examples:

Nudies, Cheap Mondays, Acne, Dr Denim. They prodcue a LOT of batches that are raw (unwashed) but are not selvedge denim and don't have the selvedge strip either.

Added on March 1, 2011, 8:47 pm
QUOTE(irmond @ Mar 1 2011, 04:20 AM)
EvisU is the brand.
so those torn jeans. Is called washed denim?
Yes, they are washed. Purposely broken, beaten, torn and stone washed to death.

This post has been edited by Grimm: Mar 1 2011, 08:47 PM
Jason
post Mar 2 2011, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,336 posts

greetings from San Francisco.. i'm in deep sh_t.. so many choices here..and I'm right next to Levi's Union Square..they have every incarnation of the 501 selvedge you can imagine.. with white selvedge..to the reds.. visible rivets on back pocket, no diamond on back pocket, to the ones with zip fly.. and so on.. 501 vintage series made in USA from every significant year..

also.. i bump into the canada x japan, aka Naked & Famous x Momotaro..haven't seen any Dior Homme 19cm yet.. but I am getting weak.. especially with the Levi's when the sales advisor is so knowledgable and experience..and so many vintage choice available.. USD$250... hemming done on site if necessary..
TSGrimm
post Mar 2 2011, 04:02 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

You talking like some girl just grabbed your nuts. Get a grip mate. Lol. Ask the sales guy to shut up and just get you like 10 pairs and try them on and look at the best fit.

Dior won't be so easily available. They only have a few dior boutiques. Like there's one in Beverly hills i think. And one more somewhere else. That's it.
71ers
post Mar 2 2011, 04:17 PM

Casual
467 posts

i would prefer a salesperson who knows his stuff rather than some that doesn't even know what they are selling .. (i.e most salesperson in Levi's store here in M'sia are clueless)
Jason
post Mar 2 2011, 04:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,336 posts

QUOTE(Grimm @ Mar 2 2011, 04:02 PM)
You talking like some girl just grabbed your nuts. Get a grip mate. Lol. Ask the sales guy to shut up and just get you like 10 pairs and try them on and look at the best fit.

Dior won't be so easily available. They only have a few dior boutiques. Like there's one in Beverly hills i think. And one more somewhere else. That's it.
yeah i kinda have my nuts held hostage. i see everything and go like "woah cheap, BBB"
thinking if i should visit self edge or not.

on an irrelevant denim front, scored a pair of zara jeans for 10 bucks
soulquarianz
post Mar 3 2011, 10:27 AM

On my way
556 posts

guys, need some help...

between Average Joe Dry Red Selvage and Grim Timm Dry Red Selvage, which cutting is close to Edwin Sen Skinny Sen Cinch SK505 (although name is skinny but not that skinny more like levis 505 cutting).

is Average Joe Dry Red Selvage more like Levis 501 cutting?

thanks in advance...eyeing to get my 2nd Nudie...

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Mar 3 2011, 10:28 AM
TSGrimm
post Mar 3 2011, 01:28 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Yes. It is similar, as it is a straight cut. Grim tim is tapered below the knees.
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 3 2011, 01:54 PM

6,426 posts

Grim tim is a bit bigger on thighs. People who have bigger thighs would be perfect for the fit
rangerr
post Mar 3 2011, 03:11 PM

31 posts

I wanna buy a raw selvedge denim and i got a few questions :

1. Will the jeans expand/become tighter after wear it few time ?
2. When can the jeans be washed ?
3. What happen if i fold the jeans ?Will it leave a line/honeycomb or anything u call it ?
4. What is the best fit for a very skinny person ?I dont really like the stretch skinny fit from topman because its length is too short for me.
5. What is the name of fit which tight in the thigh area and not that skinny below thigh ?

And is there any Nudie/any famous selvedge jeans brand store in malaysia ?
soulquarianz
post Mar 3 2011, 03:49 PM

On my way
556 posts

ok so meaning Grim Tim cutting is close/similiar to Edwin Sen Skinny 505?

coz i already have BBDRS...and i think its more or less similiar to AJDRS??

need a jeans coz got workss in Jakarta middle this month so make it a good time to break 1 pair heheh...there will be lotsa walking, squating, etc while setting up some equipment....

Added on March 3, 2011, 4:18 pmdang...grim tim w33/34 is not available in cultizm...grrrrrrr only W34/34 but this is grim tim based on info stretch 1.5 inchs..thats why i size down by 1 but sadly no stock...guess gotta wait untill they restock....

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Mar 3 2011, 04:18 PM
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 3 2011, 04:56 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(soulquarianz @ Mar 3 2011, 03:49 PM)
ok so meaning Grim Tim cutting is close/similiar to Edwin Sen Skinny 505?

coz i already have BBDRS...and i think its more or less similiar to AJDRS??

need a jeans coz got workss in Jakarta middle this month so make it a good time to break 1 pair heheh...there will be lotsa walking, squating, etc while setting up some equipment....

Added on March 3, 2011, 4:18 pmdang...grim tim w33/34 is not available in cultizm...grrrrrrr only W34/34 but this is grim tim based on info stretch 1.5 inchs..thats why i size down by 1 but sadly no stock...guess gotta wait untill they restock....
Size down to 2 then. Get a 32/34. My waist is around 33w and after a couple of months, it stretched, not by a huge margin
But to the extend i need to wear a belt just to make sure its on the rught position.
But uf u have doubts, i suggest u wait, even thou i think finding 33w/34 would be hard nowdays

Added on March 3, 2011, 5:06 pm
QUOTE(rangerr @ Mar 3 2011, 03:11 PM)
I wanna buy a raw selvedge denim and i got a few questions :

1. Will the jeans expand/become tighter after wear it few time ?
2. When can the jeans be washed ?
3. What happen if i fold the jeans ?Will it leave a line/honeycomb or anything u call it ?
4. What is the best fit for a very skinny person ?I dont really like the stretch skinny fit from topman because its length is too short for me.
5. What is the name of fit which tight in the thigh area and not that skinny below thigh ?

And is there any Nudie/any famous selvedge jeans brand store in malaysia ?
1. If its a selvedge, usually it will stretch a bit or a lot. Sizing down is recommended if u ask me.
2. Depends on u and how u wear it. Ive seen some ppl at sufu soak the jeans after 3 months. But only soaking. Like nudies they recommended 6 months of wearing before u washed it.
3. After washing i think its ok for u to fold it. But i dont see any problem folding it last time i went back to my home town ( i didnt wash or soak the jeeans till now)
4. Thats another thing that u have to fugure out urself. Its a personal choice. Go for the one u most comfortable with
5. Sorry cant help u. I could only think one cutting like that. Bootcuts
Nudies u have to get it online but in the other hand, naked and famous u can get it at MUSA at avenue k, klcc

This post has been edited by g3n0c|d3: Mar 3 2011, 05:06 PM
TSGrimm
post Mar 3 2011, 06:09 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

1. Unsanforized raws will expand after about 40 hours of wear or so.
2. You can wash them any time. The recommended is usually after a minimum of 6 months, some people take it to 2 years plus. But some guys get fabulous fades even with monthly washing, so it doesn't really matter. What matters is you wear it rough and hard. Don't baby your jeans (I always do for the first month then get on with rocking it though tongue.gif)
3. Well, don't fold it after wears. Best to leave it where it drops on the floor so that the creases stay there - and you don't wanna have that weird fold-crease when the indigo runs.
4. Skinny jeans would suit you well, provided you know how to carry it. Like wear something buttoned, not some baggy tee. Wear beautiful shoes. Or just upload how you look and we'll criticize it for u.
5. Boot-cut? With bell-bottoms? Are you serious...

Uniqlo is good, but the only other one I know is Evisu in jusco I think...
You gotta ask the rest.
jhchong
post Mar 3 2011, 06:15 PM

Casual
397 posts

actually, i have seen people wear boot-cut very well.. mostly angmoh la that is..lol
rangerr
post Mar 3 2011, 07:25 PM

31 posts

I already check the bootcut type of jeans and it really not what i want .Is there any way to wear a skinny jeans without looking like a rempit ?I always wear my jeans with uniqlo tees and polo t's and a boat shoe .If i want to buy uniqlo jeans,should i size down or something ?And what i mean in folding is like Grimm's avatar jeans .I cant do that ?
jhchong
post Mar 3 2011, 08:08 PM

Casual
397 posts

instead of folding the jeans, dont you have a place where you can hang it or lay the jeans down?

not to say look like rempit if wear skinny.. what makes you think that.. just wear what suits you or most comfortable with la.. care people think for what..
if you buy uniqlo's raw jeans, then maybe size 1 down. if not, just stay true to size la.
rangerr
post Mar 3 2011, 08:23 PM

31 posts

What if i hang the jeans by using a hanger ?Will it affect anything to the jeans ?
kotmj
post Mar 3 2011, 08:54 PM

3,796 posts

intensely stupid questions
kuzgo
post Mar 3 2011, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

Where are the new pickups? nobody?
ja50n
post Mar 3 2011, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(Grimm @ Mar 3 2011, 06:09 PM)
1. Unsanforized raws will expand after about 40 hours of wear or so.
2. You can wash them any time. The recommended is usually after a minimum of 6 months, some people take it to 2 years plus. But some guys get fabulous fades even with monthly washing, so it doesn't really matter. What matters is you wear it rough and hard. Don't baby your jeans (I always do for the first month then get on with rocking it though tongue.gif)
3. Well, don't fold it after wears. Best to leave it where it drops on the floor so that the creases stay there - and you don't wanna have that weird fold-crease when the indigo runs.
4. Skinny jeans would suit you well, provided you know how to carry it. Like wear something buttoned, not some baggy tee. Wear beautiful shoes. Or just upload how you look and we'll criticize it for u.
5. Boot-cut? With bell-bottoms? Are you serious...

Uniqlo is good, but the only other one I know is Evisu in jusco I think...
You gotta ask the rest.
Bro .... but how not to fold the jeans if i am a regular traveller.
Any recommendation if i travel outstation almost every week ?
soulquarianz
post Mar 3 2011, 11:53 PM

On my way
556 posts

since cultizm dont have my size for GTDRS W33/34 now thinking of getting AJDRS with sizing 1 down W33/34....will these stretch like GT aswell? any AJDRS onwer here?

i wonder whats the actual waist size for this, coz from info its TTS but advise to size down by 1? or should i go for GTDRS W34/34 wear it loose perhaps with belts?

hmm....should i pull the trigger?

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: Mar 4 2011, 12:21 AM
rangerr
post Mar 4 2011, 05:41 AM

31 posts

user posted image

Copied this image from kotmj at What are you wearing today thread .May i know what kind of fit is this ?Or i just buy a regular fit and let them alter to become this for me ?
71ers
post Mar 4 2011, 08:41 AM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(ja50n @ Mar 3 2011, 10:53 PM)
Bro .... but how not to fold the jeans if i am a regular traveller.
Any recommendation if i travel outstation almost every week ?
Dude, if you go to a store .. all jeans are folded and stack on the rack.
It really won't harm your jeans. Once u reach your destination, just hang them on the hanger.

This post has been edited by 71ers: Mar 4 2011, 08:42 AM
CasaNova™
post Mar 4 2011, 08:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,166 posts

Jeans are meant to be worn, if you baby them too much,the fading will happen but will be freaking slow. so yea go out and wear them.

I even sweep and shit in my nudies and apcs. although not as hectic as cycling and what not.
TSGrimm
post Mar 4 2011, 10:12 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

The ones at the store are folded of course. If not, they'll crease everywhere. Those have not been worn and are in a virgin-like state. Besides, its a practical method of display.

Imperials are in full swing now. Nudies won't be brought out until I've had 10 months with these Dukes. Expect awesome in December!
chuakz
post Mar 4 2011, 11:30 PM

Regular
1,188 posts

QUOTE(rangerr @ Mar 4 2011, 05:41 AM)

Copied this image from kotmj at What are you wearing today thread .May i know what kind of fit is this ?Or i just buy a regular fit and let them alter to become this for me ?
dear rangerrrrrr, that I suspect is either straight/slim fit....but how a pair of jeans fit someone is really individual, it doesnt mean that if u buy a pair of straights u would look exactly the same as him. ur leg might be thinner or bigger than his? maybe a slim fit will become more like a skinny fit to you? think about it...anyway...my weekly dr denim progress...ady hit 6 months with about 4/5 months plus effective wear
user posted image
more pics on my blog...=) link in my signature..

This post has been edited by chuakz: Mar 4 2011, 11:32 PM
TSGrimm
post Mar 5 2011, 09:03 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Is that weekly progression yeh? That's good progress you got there. Keep it up mate smile.gif

Added on March 5, 2011, 9:03 pmAnd thanks for sharing.

This post has been edited by Grimm: Mar 5 2011, 09:03 PM
Holyboyz
post Mar 5 2011, 09:15 PM

Casual
421 posts

Hmm i know someone selling a 2nd hand Grim tim size 29", he claims his only wore it once my normal waste size on straight 501's is 30...

Should i get them?

and how do i tell if its original?
TSGrimm
post Mar 5 2011, 09:34 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Post pics and we'll help you out. Its the safest way to ID them - coz we own them.

I wonder if anyone's had experience with any Kicking Mule Workshop (KMW) jeans?

user posted image

source: denimdebate.com

It's an American denim made with Jap selvedge denim. 100% Zimbabwean cotton, white selvedge, reinforced belt hoops, simple denim leather patch and surprisingly... left-hand twill.
Holyboyz
post Mar 5 2011, 11:51 PM

Casual
421 posts

what about the sizing? its only 1 size down but its slim so i think i should beable make them fit
zzzzzzzzzzzy
post Mar 6 2011, 01:09 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

I also have a pair raw for sale! Do check out my sales thread! tongue.gif
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1772681&hl=
Balaclava
post Mar 6 2011, 01:20 AM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

ffs, this aint a sale thread.
zzzzzzzzzzzy
post Mar 6 2011, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(Balaclava @ Mar 6 2011, 01:20 AM)
ffs, this aint a sale thread.
LOL, just thought I could annoy some people! biggrin.gif
Okay, gonna post fit pics.
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 7 2011, 06:44 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(zzzzzzzzzzzy @ Mar 6 2011, 03:04 PM)
LOL, just thought I could annoy some people! biggrin.gif
Okay, gonna post fit pics.
Still waiting for ur fit pics
almari2010
post Mar 7 2011, 07:23 PM

Casual
410 posts

hi all.. need some help here.. can't decide which one should i buy.. any suggestions? here is the link..

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?mai...products_id=184

http://www.asos.com/Nudie/Nudie-Average-Jo...y+Dirty+Organic

http://www.asos.com/Nudie/Nudie-Average-Jo...DarkOrganicUsed

which one of these are selvedge? sorry newbie here.
silverstan
post Mar 7 2011, 07:46 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(almari2010 @ Mar 7 2011, 07:23 PM)
hi all.. need some help here.. can't decide which one should i buy.. any suggestions? here is the link..

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?mai...products_id=184

http://www.asos.com/Nudie/Nudie-Average-Jo...y+Dirty+Organic

http://www.asos.com/Nudie/Nudie-Average-Jo...DarkOrganicUsed

which one of these are selvedge? sorry newbie here.
Ask yourself, you want raw or pre-washed denim.

If want raw and money not an issue, go for Imperial. brows.gif
almari2010
post Mar 7 2011, 08:05 PM

Casual
410 posts

QUOTE(silverstan @ Mar 7 2011, 07:46 PM)
Ask yourself, you want raw or pre-washed denim.

If want raw and money not an issue, go for Imperial.  brows.gif
i already ask myself.. huhuhu.. still can't decide. and money is not an issue. but nudie also looks nice. and imperial does look better either way. huhuh..
silverstan
post Mar 8 2011, 10:15 AM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(almari2010 @ Mar 7 2011, 08:05 PM)
i already ask myself.. huhuhu.. still can't decide. and money is not an issue. but nudie also looks nice. and imperial does look better either way. huhuh..
Since money not an issue for you, get both! brows.gif
kotmj
post Mar 8 2011, 11:55 AM

3,796 posts

Are jeans like Nudies and Sugarcane and Imperials breathable like the Uniqlo Made in China raw selvedges?

I used to wear a Levi's 501 and that jeans was heavy and not breathable. The Uniqlo is light, it almost weighs nothing, is somewhat stretchable, and very breathable so I do not feel hot in them.
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 8 2011, 12:25 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(kotmj @ Mar 8 2011, 11:55 AM)
Are jeans like Nudies and Sugarcane and Imperials breathable like the Uniqlo Made in China raw selvedges?

I used to wear a Levi's 501 and that jeans was heavy and not breathable. The Uniqlo is light, it almost weighs nothing, is somewhat stretchable, and very breathable so I do not feel hot in them.
i dont think nudie is breathable.... i got grim tim dry red selvedge which is around 13.25oz and trust me, ur balls gonna be sweating alot if ure not in a blasting cold office lol...
almari2010
post Mar 8 2011, 03:48 PM

Casual
410 posts

hi guys. need some help here. if with evisu and levis size 36 how much do i need to size down for Nudie Jeans Average Joe Dry Red Selvage? or should i take the same size. thanks!
Calvin Seak
post Mar 8 2011, 06:06 PM

Pushing the limits
2,124 posts

Here are some of the fit pictures I have promised, Sorry for being really busy but here it goes smile.gif

Dior Homme Brut 19cm
1 year 2 months 2 washes.

In the hotel

user posted image
Front View

user posted image
Back View

In the Dior boutique trying on some Dior sneakers

user posted image
Front View

user posted image
Side View

Evisu No.2 Black Custom Paintings
4 months, 0 washes yet.

user posted image
Front View

user posted image
Back View

attacusatlas
post Mar 8 2011, 06:24 PM

A Nasty Professional
2,351 posts

QUOTE(kotmj @ Mar 8 2011, 11:55 AM)

my nudie thin finn dry organic ecru is light and breathable. stretchable too.
TSGrimm
post Mar 8 2011, 08:25 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Yes it is breathable. I suspect its because they are the organic range. It feels soft and comfortable too.

But the Imperials are really rough and rigid. The pockets are still stupidly tight, but much better than when I first wore it. Had problems getting wallet out for bus ticket >_> that was annoying as hell.
almari2010
post Mar 8 2011, 11:35 PM

Casual
410 posts

i'm wearing 36 for evisu n levis, should i size down for a.p.c rescue denim? btw which one is better Nudie Jeans Average Joe Dry Red Selvage or a.p.c rescue denim? both of them selvedge rite?

This post has been edited by almari2010: Mar 8 2011, 11:36 PM
CasaNova™
post Mar 9 2011, 06:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,166 posts

and because nudie is 11.5oz i guess. if my memory don't fail me. canes and imperials are way more rigid.
silencer
post Mar 9 2011, 09:27 PM

AnyThiN GoEs
1,731 posts

no luv for 7 for All Mankind Jeans?

TSGrimm
post Mar 9 2011, 10:05 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Overpriced bro. I had a browse through the KLCC store when I was back in Msia. They don't have any raws. And even for the washed jeans, the wash is ugly lah. I think my old Giordano jeans also look better.
bravoping
post Mar 10 2011, 02:23 AM

2 posts

hi i just recently bought a pair of evisu lot 2010, no3.

it fits me rather well without the wash, do i need to soak it or anything before i begin wearing it?

does the washing cause the jeans to shrink? or does dumping it in a dryer?

Do advice me as to what i ought to do as i can't allow it to shrink too much else i wouldn't be able to fit into it! sad.gif
bc_low
post Mar 10 2011, 11:22 AM

28 posts

i wish G-Star Raw will someday open their branch in Malaysia, their raw denim is pretty much what i looking for
bought 4 pair of jeans back in Aussie and still wearing them now, but i guess it's impossible to get nice denim here even if they open their branch because 1 jeans cost around $250-$400 AUD.

This post has been edited by bc_low: Mar 10 2011, 11:26 AM
Calvin Seak
post Mar 10 2011, 01:13 PM

Pushing the limits
2,124 posts

QUOTE(bravoping @ Mar 10 2011, 02:23 AM)
hi i just recently bought a pair of evisu lot 2010, no3.

it fits me rather well without the wash, do i need to soak it or anything before i begin wearing it?

does the washing cause the jeans to shrink? or does dumping it in a dryer?

Do advice me as to what i ought to do as i can't allow it to shrink too much else i wouldn't be able to fit into it! sad.gif
no you dont need to soak it because it is already sanfornized

washing will cause it to shrink minimally because it is sanfornized too.. nvr throw ur jeans in the dryer wink.gif
kotmj
post Mar 10 2011, 05:27 PM

3,796 posts

Shouldn't one of you overfed fan cheongs go buy this?

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=230251
Balaclava
post Mar 10 2011, 06:04 PM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

^ If it's 29 or 30, consider it mine already. sad.gif
kotmj
post Mar 10 2011, 06:09 PM

3,796 posts

It will stretch! Raws can never be tight enough who cares about having children later.

This post has been edited by kotmj: Mar 10 2011, 06:11 PM
Balaclava
post Mar 10 2011, 06:23 PM

5-Star Swagger
941 posts

kot, mind helping me look out for a DH black or indigo raw 19mm 29 on sf? pretty please? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Balaclava: Mar 10 2011, 06:28 PM
TSGrimm
post Mar 10 2011, 08:02 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Lol that's my size. And my, my, what a price. Regular price is $460 on LVR.

Thanks mate! I thought you were gonna show me some overpriced crap tongue.gif

This will cost me 4 days of wages but what the hell *drool*
attacusatlas
post Mar 10 2011, 08:07 PM

A Nasty Professional
2,351 posts

grimm, what size is your raw nudie thin finn?
TSGrimm
post Mar 10 2011, 08:40 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

The one I have is a 30/32. My ideal size would be 29/32 or if I wanted a skinny fit, 28/32.

The 30/32 fits just right, I don't feel any stretch. It comes to a point where it even feels a little loose. But I got it cheap from a forummer here, so I ain't complaining wink.gif

Added on March 10, 2011, 8:41 pmBut the Dior is vanity sized, so I have to subtract one/two inches. Plus, it will expand almost as much as APC (so downsize 2 is perfect for me).

This post has been edited by Grimm: Mar 10 2011, 08:41 PM
attacusatlas
post Mar 10 2011, 08:58 PM

A Nasty Professional
2,351 posts

but 19cm is slim fit, which i think will fit like a slim jim.

for skinny fit, 17cm should be the one, no?
Xp3rT
post Mar 10 2011, 09:58 PM

867 posts

what is the price range of naked and famous jeans?opposite klcc?
kotmj
post Mar 10 2011, 10:46 PM

3,796 posts

kotmj never goes near anything that is overpriced
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 10 2011, 11:34 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(Xp3rT @ Mar 10 2011, 09:58 PM)
what is the price range of naked and famous jeans?opposite klcc?
Rm600 and above but got 30% discount for all naked and famous jeans.
kotmj
post Mar 11 2011, 12:07 AM

3,796 posts

I think this is the classic jeans fit.

user posted image
Cheenoo
post Mar 11 2011, 01:00 AM

Alpha as fuck
845 posts

^wtf, the fit of that jacket is unreal..
bravoping
post Mar 11 2011, 01:04 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(Calvin Seak @ Mar 10 2011, 01:13 PM)
no you dont need to soak it because it is already sanfornized

washing will cause it to shrink minimally because it is sanfornized too.. nvr throw ur jeans in the dryer wink.gif
alright thanks! haha you've made my day!

where do you get the information as to what kind of jeans have been Sanforized or not?
Cheenoo
post Mar 11 2011, 01:15 AM

Alpha as fuck
845 posts

QUOTE(bravoping @ Mar 11 2011, 01:04 AM)
alright thanks! haha you've made my day!

where do you get the information as to what kind of jeans have been Sanforized or not?
I think its safe to assume that if it isn't raw, it's been sanforized (please correct me if i am wrong).
Calvin Seak
post Mar 11 2011, 02:15 AM

Pushing the limits
2,124 posts

Haha I have a few evisus basically

No.1 unsanfornized.
No.2 Sanfornized with same material
No.3 Sanfornized
No.4 Sanfornized

heres the where i got the info from

http://evisu-guides.blogspot.com/2010/01/e...ication-of.html

This post has been edited by Calvin Seak: Mar 11 2011, 02:16 AM
71ers
post Mar 11 2011, 08:29 AM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 10 2011, 11:34 PM)
Rm600 and above but got 30% discount  for all naked and famous jeans.
how much is N&F abroad ? if it is abt US$150 .. then rm600 with 30% discount should be the correct price
TSGrimm
post Mar 11 2011, 09:32 AM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

I'm not really looking for a skinny fit. I think slim looks just fine on me. I can carry the skinny jeans look, but I already have one dirty ol' Levis for that purpose tongue.gif that was before I stumbled upon raws n selvedges.

Anyway there aren't any raws in the 17.5 fit I think. I will do my own tapering if I wanted a 17.5
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 11 2011, 09:39 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(71ers @ Mar 11 2011, 08:29 AM)
how much is N&F abroad ? if it is abt US$150 .. then rm600 with 30% discount should be the correct price
Yeah, ive calculated and its more or less a decent price and they got loads of stocks. So i wont worry too much about size
kotmj
post Mar 11 2011, 03:52 PM

3,796 posts

Who bought the Dior 27" 19cm? It is sold.
TSGrimm
post Mar 11 2011, 07:36 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

I PMed immediately after you posted. He told me it was sold within 1 minute. It was a once in a lifetime find sad.gif kinda like your shoes u got on ebay.

If you ever see a sz 27 or 28, do let us know biggrin.gif

I don't lurk there as often
irmond
post Mar 12 2011, 12:46 AM

618 posts

user posted image
Hi guys,
can anyone tell me whether this is a selvedge jeans or not.

Calvin Seak
post Mar 12 2011, 08:17 AM

Pushing the limits
2,124 posts

QUOTE(irmond @ Mar 12 2011, 12:46 AM)
user posted image
Hi guys,
can anyone tell me whether this is a selvedge jeans or not.
unfortunately it isnt
TSGrimm
post Mar 12 2011, 01:28 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Plenty of pictures on first thread to guide you
kotmj
post Mar 13 2011, 12:13 AM

3,796 posts

I went to Musa and looked at the Naked and Famous as well as Cheap Mondays.

Maybe I am a denim phillistine or just plain stupid, but in what way are the N&Fs superior to the lowly Uniqlos? I was expecting something more, but they do not appear to me perceptibly better than the jeans I was wearing.

I will readily admit that some of the Evisu's I've handled are truly incredible -- there is just no arguing that they are quality first, cost second. But Musa I left rather unimpressed.

Can someone tell me why they think Uniqlo MiC selvedges are low-end?

BTW I like how generic and unbranded my jeans look:
user posted image

Added on March 13, 2011, 12:34 am
QUOTE(Calvin Seak @ Mar 8 2011, 06:06 PM)
Here are some of the fit pictures I have promised, Sorry for being really busy but here it goes smile.gif

Dior Homme Brut 19cm
1 year 2 months 2 washes.

In the hotel

I think the fits evidenced here are good for sperm count and nothing else. Baggy and shapeless.

This post has been edited by kotmj: Mar 13 2011, 12:41 AM
treflip
post Mar 13 2011, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(kotmj @ Mar 13 2011, 12:13 AM)
I went to Musa and looked at the Naked and Famous as well as Cheap Mondays.

Maybe I am a denim phillistine or just plain stupid, but in what way are the N&Fs superior to the lowly Uniqlos? I was expecting something more, but they do not appear to me perceptibly better than the jeans I was wearing.

I will readily admit that some of the Evisu's I've handled are truly incredible -- there is just no arguing that they are quality first, cost second. But Musa I left rather unimpressed.

Can someone tell me why they think Uniqlo MiC selvedges are low-end?

easy...uniqlo is a less exclusive brand as compared to naked and famous...it is like comparing topman jeans with samurai or momotaro jeans....as much as uniqlo claim that the MIC selvage is made by kaihara denim but it is from the lowest range of denim from the kaihara production...whereas the ones use for naked and famous is way much superior....try buying both and wear em in the same duration...u can see the difference in feel and quality after a few wear...plus another obvious reason is...one is made in mass number in china of cheap labour and the other is exclusivly made in canada...unless if u compare the MIJ with all the japan made components with the naked and famous then it make sense....

and unless u mention about the made in japan evisu's, but saying about the awesomeness of the made in maccau evisus? i have nothing to say =) i dont care about the quality or cost...craftsmanship comes first before all that smile.gif

Added on March 13, 2011, 2:32 pm
QUOTE(kotmj @ Mar 10 2011, 10:46 PM)
kotmj never goes near anything that is overpriced
and u mention about never going close to over price? the naked and famous is not that over price but evisus here are way much over priced!! hahahaha tongue.gif the stuff at bread and butter are way too over priced and are considered as ripped off....those price are for purely made in japan ones...not for the maccau or european made ones...

This post has been edited by treflip: Mar 13 2011, 02:32 PM
attacusatlas
post Mar 13 2011, 02:43 PM

A Nasty Professional
2,351 posts

i am looking at retiring my nudie tfdoee after wearing it for a year. apc has been in my list but too bad the apc ps doesn't fit me that well. maybe another thin finn but not organic denim?
treflip
post Mar 13 2011, 03:01 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

get the normal finn dry stretch...that never fails =)
attacusatlas
post Mar 13 2011, 04:02 PM

A Nasty Professional
2,351 posts

QUOTE(treflip @ Mar 13 2011, 03:01 PM)
get the normal finn dry stretch...that never fails =)
that's exactly in my mind! but, another nudie?
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 13 2011, 05:42 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(attacusatlas @ Mar 13 2011, 04:02 PM)
that's exactly in my mind! but, another nudie?
Maybe naked and famous?
TSGrimm
post Mar 13 2011, 07:01 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

First of all, Uniqlo is known for its affordability, that is why it is much cheaper than N&F. And I mean cheap and affordable as cheap and affordable - no other meaning. Money-wise.

People start judging cheap = "cheap" and lower quality. That may be true, I don't know, cause I haven't felt or tried one on before. Second thing is, Uniqlo usually make their jeans with 11-12oz denim, which can't take any beating, it's like wool trousers. You'll have to baby them if you still wanna be wearing that 3 years from now. To have lifetime lasting jeans you need to go for anything like 14oz and above denim from manufacturers that have proven it - SugarCane, IronHeart, TripleWorks and maybe LVC (not sure how well Levis Vintage Clothing do on toughness).

They will be stiff as hell, but will wear in very well. They will take rough wear much better than Uniqlos. One thing about Uniqlos is that they are super thin - for selvedge denim standards. I don't know if they do really go through the hassle of giving it tighter weaves to make it a true strong selvedge denim, because from all accounts I've read, they seem to be damn thin and wears out after 1 year (of almost everyday wear).

But I've never found N&F impressive. I tried two on. Both fits didn't impress me. The quality didn't impress me either. Felt paper thin, but stiff. Thin but stiff wtf.

Cheap Mondays were named the way they were for a reason - to be affordable. They gave people who don't want to drop 500 dollars on jeans, a lifeline.

But after all's said and done, different people go for different stuff. We all earn different dough, some of us are more willing to cough up more dough for shit we think is beautiful to us. Like well, Uniqlos are good for summer-all-year-round Malaysia, so its all good.

Added on March 13, 2011, 7:05 pmGood shit I found.

http://www.thedenimdoctor.co.uk/3.html

I don't know what hell these people go through. Jeez.. that's crazy to be able to break jeans like that just by wearin it plain n simple. And so many people break their jeans until there was enough demand for someone to go around in a Mini Cooper being a denim doctor. These little things make this world a little weirder and more exciting everyday biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Grimm: Mar 13 2011, 07:09 PM
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 13 2011, 07:46 PM

6,426 posts

Ive tried uniqlo slevedge jeans. And im sorry yo say i am not really impress at the uniqlo jeans. They were mixed with 2% spendex, which made i stretchable, not i fond of. 2ndly, they are freaking thin than my other jeans, be it levis or guess but they stiff than the said label.

Ive went to MUSA and frankly i love the naked and famous denim than the uniqlo as the reason above. The elephant selvdge caught my eyes and trying to save some money to make it mine. Or maybe the 21oz sammies. Lol!
jhchong
post Mar 13 2011, 08:56 PM

Casual
397 posts

how much is the elephant? it turned out not as promising as first thought.
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 13 2011, 09:55 PM

6,426 posts

The elephant selvedge is around rm600++ before discount. 30% discouny for all naked and famous brand at MUSA.
kotmj
post Mar 14 2011, 12:11 AM

3,796 posts

The thinness of the Uniqlo is a feature, not a bug. I can no longer bear the thought of wearing my 501s not because of the fit (classic) but because of how hot they wear relative to the Uniqlo.

The Uniqlo is light, thin, stretchable and every bit as well constructed as N&F and palpably better made than Topman raws.

The only problem with the Uniqlo is how tight the fit is. I am thinking of buying something more towards the classic fit, and am looking for alternatives to Uniqlo but I think I'll just go in and buy Uniqlo again in the S002 fit in a size that doesn't require me occasionally to use my hands to reposition a nut that got unhappily stuck in a tight fold of denim.
71ers
post Mar 14 2011, 09:45 AM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 13 2011, 09:55 PM)
The elephant selvedge is around rm600++ before discount. 30% discouny for all naked and famous brand at MUSA.
it is rm700 plus .. and it is heavy. Heard from MUSA that they are bringing in Nudie pretty soon.
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 14 2011, 10:05 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(71ers @ Mar 14 2011, 09:45 AM)
it is rm700 plus .. and it is heavy. Heard from MUSA that they are bringing in Nudie pretty soon.
i only heard they're bringing other brands but if they did bring Nudie the price would be skyrocket.... as for the elephant selvedge... i guess ure right... its around rm700 before discount... and i still think its a good buy.... but u can get a better offer off the internet....
71ers
post Mar 14 2011, 10:19 AM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 14 2011, 10:05 AM)
i only heard they're bringing other brands but if they did bring Nudie the price would be skyrocket.... a
i would think so too ... but at least there is a place to try the fit in KL in the near future smile.gif
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 14 2011, 10:58 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(71ers @ Mar 14 2011, 10:19 AM)
i would think so too ... but at least there is a place to try the fit in KL in the near future  smile.gif
i was thinking the same way too.... get a good fit at MUSA... then buy it online.... its a win - win situations! brows.gif
teNtiOn
post Mar 14 2011, 11:30 AM

On my way
657 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 13 2011, 07:46 PM)
Ive tried uniqlo slevedge jeans. And im sorry yo say i am not really impress at the uniqlo jeans. They were mixed with 2% spendex, which made i stretchable, not i fond of. 2ndly, they are freaking thin than my other jeans, be it levis or guess but they stiff than the said label.

Ive went to MUSA and frankly i love the naked and famous denim than the uniqlo as the reason above. The elephant selvdge caught my eyes and trying to save some money to make it mine. Or maybe the 21oz sammies. Lol!
did the same thing and agreed on what you said, just like another pair of raw selvedge denim from designer brand, thin and stretchy. nothing really special about it except for the cheap price.. i remember there's another baggy (imo) straight cut 100% cotton selvedge in store, not impressed by both though.. rivet used felt worst than the one from topman's raw..

tried out n&f few weeks ago, quite impressed by the heavier denim, but will never buy it for the price in MUSA.

This post has been edited by teNtiOn: Mar 14 2011, 11:32 AM
TSGrimm
post Mar 14 2011, 07:29 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

@kotmj,

Yes, Uniqlo fit is like that. One of the other reasons enthusiasts don't get Uniqlo is because of the fit. A classic (straight) fit is extremely common in the traditional selvedge denim market.

Uniqlo is considered as a newcomer in this segment. And because they have a huge line of clothing items, I honestly don't think they give a poop how good their denim is. I think their Tees and other hipster clothings are more marketable than their jeans.

But after all's said and done, Uniqlo probably offers one of the best jeans you can physically buy in Malaysia. For other makes, you'll have to hope and pray for your parcel's safety.

@tention,

I honestly think Topman's just in for a share of this market. Like, just hopping in purely for the $$. I... don't see the difference between their selvedge jeans and their normal jeans at all.
treflip
post Mar 14 2011, 08:26 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

musa bringing in nudie?? awesome!! so i would spend less time online and money going down to singapore...might as well support local shop that help bring in stuff...minus all the hassle of waiting and all....
TSGrimm
post Mar 14 2011, 08:54 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

I thought you mentioned last year that you were over nudie, coz its too commercialized? tongue.gif
teNtiOn
post Mar 15 2011, 01:18 AM

On my way
657 posts

QUOTE(Grimm @ Mar 14 2011, 07:29 PM)
I honestly think Topman's just in for a share of this market. Like, just hopping in purely for the $$. I... don't see the difference between their selvedge jeans and their normal jeans at all.
i mean the rivet being used is better than uniqlo's raw, nothing else..

This post has been edited by teNtiOn: Mar 15 2011, 01:26 AM
silencer
post Mar 15 2011, 02:04 AM

AnyThiN GoEs
1,731 posts

My first post with pic...since there is no luv with 7 for all mankind jeans..here i am with the black color 7 for all mankind ..pic taken in the washroom of shenzen airport on last sunday....the sling bag is for the cam..and only for this picture as I normally keep it into my briefcase....

Attached Image

This post has been edited by silencer: Mar 15 2011, 02:06 AM
Holyboyz
post Mar 15 2011, 09:02 AM

Casual
421 posts

Question I know that not all selvedge are raws (SnR) , what are the notable brands that are both SnR ... are nudies all SnR ?
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 15 2011, 09:50 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 15 2011, 09:02 AM)
Question I know that not all selvedge are raws (SnR) , what are the notable brands that are both SnR ...  are nudies all SnR ?
not all nudies are raws... but u can check out their dry selvedge denim. its raw+selvedge
71ers
post Mar 15 2011, 11:43 AM

Casual
467 posts

anyone here tried the chain stitch place in Campbell before ?
kotmj
post Mar 15 2011, 11:53 AM

3,796 posts

QUOTE(silencer @ Mar 15 2011, 02:04 AM)
My first post with pic...since there is no luv with 7 for all mankind jeans..here i am with the black color 7 for all mankind ..pic taken in the washroom of shenzen airport on last sunday....the sling bag is for the cam..and only for this picture as I normally keep it into my briefcase....

Attached Image
Dude, is that a Canon S95? You can keep it naked in a pocket, no need for a bulky bag.
Holyboyz
post Mar 15 2011, 01:03 PM

Casual
421 posts

Checked out some nudies at the store today

First 2 picture are grim Tim's w 28

Pic 3-4 thin fin w28

Not as dark as I would like them to be but the darker ones are washed and distressed does that mean they are not raw?

Comment?

The thin fins are more breath able compared to the grim which is heavier

My jewels were screaming could barely lift my leg

This post has been edited by Holyboyz: Mar 15 2011, 01:05 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
71ers
post Mar 15 2011, 01:46 PM

Casual
467 posts

Grimm Tim looks to be a better fit on you

This post has been edited by 71ers: Mar 15 2011, 01:46 PM
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 15 2011, 02:13 PM

6,426 posts

grim tim dry red selvedge is 13.25oz which will be a bit heavy than other nudies

it took a couple of wears to make it fit.... after some wears it'll stretch a bit....
Envoy
post Mar 15 2011, 07:24 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

which store is that ?
Holyboyz
post Mar 15 2011, 07:48 PM

Casual
421 posts

yea the store guy also said the Grims were better.

Hmm they do look darker the red...and theres a black as well..

The store is in Melb

This post has been edited by Holyboyz: Mar 15 2011, 09:13 PM
Xp3rT
post Mar 15 2011, 08:35 PM

867 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 13 2011, 09:55 PM)
the elephant is slim or skinny?got 15oz skinnyguy deep indigo there?

and the offer until when?? icon_question.gif
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 16 2011, 12:06 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(Xp3rT @ Mar 15 2011, 08:35 PM)
the elephant is slim or skinny?got 15oz skinnyguy deep indigo there?

and the offer until when?? icon_question.gif
The elephant selvedge is rm700++ before discount. I think its weird guy cuts. The offer? Till stock last bcause i did ask the promoter and she did tell me that.
71ers
post Mar 16 2011, 11:31 AM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 16 2011, 12:06 AM)
The elephant selvedge is rm700++ before discount. I think its weird guy cuts. The offer? Till stock last bcause i did ask the promoter and she did tell me that.
to add to that, they hv the indigo broken twill (14oz) skinnyguy at rm619 (before discount).
Ya the elephant is a WG. I feel that the price is alright now with the 30% discount. And the plus side, try it on until u are satisfied

Added on March 16, 2011, 11:32 am
QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 15 2011, 07:48 PM)

The store is in Melb
thin fin looks tight. u size down ?

This post has been edited by 71ers: Mar 16 2011, 11:32 AM
Holyboyz
post Mar 16 2011, 11:51 AM

Casual
421 posts

both thin fins and grims are w28, my natural w is 30 assuming breaking into them they should go back to 29-29.5 which would be perfect.

the thin is strechy and softer compared to the grim more breathable as well. The strechyness might cause it to look tight

Kot i think a losser fitting Thin fin would have the same feed as your s001

This post has been edited by Holyboyz: Mar 16 2011, 11:52 AM
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 16 2011, 12:06 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 16 2011, 11:51 AM)
both thin fins and grims are w28, my natural w is 30 assuming breaking into them they should go back to 29-29.5 which would be perfect.

the thin is strechy and softer compared to the grim more breathable as well. The strechyness might cause it to look tight

Kot i think a losser fitting Thin fin would have the same feed as your s001
1 size down should be perfect. i did have a hard time wearing grim tim dry red last time... it took me a few days just to make them stretch... at 1st i couldnt even button the jeans lol! but after a while it'll become a bit loose and it'll feel more comfortable. in my opinion the grim tim suits u better because of ur big thigh and butt and it looks good on u. on the other hand the grim tims are not as breathable as other jeans because of the denim itself.
the thin fins fitting looks like its too tight btw
silencer
post Mar 16 2011, 02:56 PM

AnyThiN GoEs
1,731 posts

How about the evisu..made a mistake of 2 side up as I read in the nets that evisu will shrink after every washes.....
TSGrimm
post Mar 16 2011, 03:50 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Go Grim Timm w28 or Thin Finns w29.

I won't comment on which is better, cuz they're equally good - its up to the wearer.

Added on March 16, 2011, 3:58 pm@ silencer,

Your 7FOM's fit looks ok, but I got nothing more to add regarding the quality.

Regarding Evisu, I think most of Evisu is sanforized. So it will have miniscule stretching. And about shrinking, all jeans shrink after washed. But believe it or not, they re-stretch after you wear it for 1 day. So... upsizing? I don't think so...

This post has been edited by Grimm: Mar 16 2011, 03:58 PM
swks26
post Mar 16 2011, 04:22 PM

CEO RM20k/day
934 posts

I've just gotten a G Star Structor Super Skinny Jeans from ASOS.
Hm, not the best fit I reckon. Should have gone a size lower. It's w30 now.

I would want to post a fit pic, but my mirror isn't at the best location. Can't get a straight picture -.-

This post has been edited by swks26: Mar 16 2011, 04:23 PM
pengejar
post Mar 16 2011, 04:31 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(silencer @ Mar 16 2011, 02:56 PM)
How about the evisu..made a mistake of 2 side up as I read in the nets that evisu will shrink after every washes.....
You need to 2 size up for No.1 Evisu only laaa. Because its unsanforized denim. No. 2 size up 1 only. And no. 3, 4, 5 and all international Evisu no need to size up, just choose actual size or one size down, because after 6months it stretch a bit.
silencer
post Mar 16 2011, 04:53 PM

AnyThiN GoEs
1,731 posts

QUOTE(pengejar @ Mar 16 2011, 04:31 PM)
You need to 2 size up for No.1 Evisu only laaa. Because its unsanforized denim. No. 2 size up 1 only. And no. 3, 4, 5 and all international Evisu no need to size up, just choose actual size or one size down, because after 6months it stretch a bit.
ouch..i am doom..... doh.gif
pengejar
post Mar 16 2011, 05:03 PM

32 posts

Yes you are doom if you size up 2 for international Evisu. Its no way gonna shrink to 2". Alteration is the only solution huhu. Some of info in the net quoted what Evisu founder suggest us, to size up 2 but the founder meant was for Japan Evisu. Japan Evisu, No. 1 unsanforized, No. 2 50% sanforized, so you need to size up 2 for No. 1 and size up 1 for No. 2. All Evisu that bought outside Japan are sanforized so no need to size up. But if you afraid it stretch after months of hard use just 1 size up for No. 1, don't size up for No. 2, and 1 size down for International Evisu.
Calvin Seak
post Mar 17 2011, 04:41 AM

Pushing the limits
2,124 posts

hey pegejar i dont think there is 50% sanfornized i own a no2 evisu and i believe it is sanfornized like all numbers except for no1 like you pointed out.. would love to try no1 but they dont have slim fit in those sad.gif

im going to bali end of this month! would love to try swimming in my jeans and try the ocean wash and see how it goes lol!
pengejar
post Mar 17 2011, 05:10 AM

32 posts

Bro, Evisu Japan suggest, 2 size up for No. 1, 1 size up for No. 2. For international Evisu no need size up, actual size. Evisu don't tell about No. 2 is sanforized or not. But from BiG website they do state that Evisu No. 2 is partially sanforized, about 50%.

Added on March 17, 2011, 5:13 amBro if you want to try swimming in ocean how bout buy No. 1 actual size and go for a swim. I don't think they will shrink at the waist since you wear it and hope other parts they will shrink soon become slim fit, hahaha just a crazy idea from me.

This post has been edited by pengejar: Mar 17 2011, 05:13 AM
kokenn
post Mar 17 2011, 09:52 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 15 2011, 07:48 PM)

The store is in Melb
bro can i have the address for the store?
and how much does the grim timm cost?
TSGrimm
post Mar 17 2011, 10:56 AM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

Little Collins st.

Or you could always google smile.gif
xphossis
post Mar 17 2011, 11:57 AM

Me Gusta!
862 posts

Wat shoes do u guys pair with?

chukkas? wingtips?

This post has been edited by xphossis: Mar 17 2011, 01:51 PM
71ers
post Mar 17 2011, 12:12 PM

Casual
467 posts

i pair with my trusted Clarks DB. brogues & wingtips, aren't they the same ? but anyway, would love to get a pair of wingtips boots
xphossis
post Mar 17 2011, 01:51 PM

Me Gusta!
862 posts

Ya the same tongue.gif

how much are Clarks DB selling in KL anyway?
treflip
post Mar 17 2011, 02:12 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

i would pair my denim with my vans era, vans authentic, vans zapatto, nike sb dunk hi and lows, chuck taylors, dr martens, pumaXubiq
71ers
post Mar 17 2011, 02:26 PM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(xphossis @ Mar 17 2011, 01:51 PM)
Ya the same tongue.gif

how much are Clarks DB selling in KL anyway?
the last i checked , the tan leather was rm368. There is even the Pete McKee special edition which looks ugly to me tongue.gif
xphossis
post Mar 17 2011, 02:40 PM

Me Gusta!
862 posts

the suede one?

I find that the Midvalley outlet has the most selection smile.gif
silencer
post Mar 18 2011, 12:08 PM

AnyThiN GoEs
1,731 posts

any1 knows what is the measurement for short,regular, long and extra long for jeans, as it is indicated after the waist size.
kuzgo
post Mar 18 2011, 12:29 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(Calvin Seak @ Mar 17 2011, 04:41 AM)
hey pegejar i dont think there is 50% sanfornized i own a no2 evisu and i believe it is sanfornized like all numbers except for no1 like you pointed out.. would love to try no1 but they dont have slim fit in those sad.gif

im going to bali end of this month! would love to try swimming in my jeans and try the ocean wash and see how it goes lol!
Hehe great idea. Im planning something simliar. Since my jeans turn 1 year old in May and havent had a wash, I'm gonna go jump into the ocean in Sabah during Kaamatan! tongue.gif

QUOTE(xphossis @ Mar 17 2011, 11:57 AM)
Wat shoes do u guys pair with?

chukkas? wingtips?
Im partial to wearing mine with Vans Eras or SB's without the padded tongues.
71ers
post Mar 18 2011, 04:53 PM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(kuzgo @ Mar 18 2011, 12:29 PM)
Hehe great idea. Im planning something simliar. Since my jeans turn 1 year old in May and havent had a wash, I'm gonna go jump into the ocean in Sabah during Kaamatan!  tongue.gif

remember to post pre-ocean soak and post ocean soak pics ya .. thumbup.gif btw, what jeans r u having ?

Added on March 18, 2011, 4:55 pm
QUOTE(xphossis @ Mar 17 2011, 02:40 PM)
the suede one?

I find that the Midvalley outlet has the most selection smile.gif
i think it is the same price .. nvr been to the MidValley outlet but been to the ones in Pyramid and Bangsar Village. The local Clarks shop are actually franchisees ... every shop would carry some different models

This post has been edited by 71ers: Mar 18 2011, 04:55 PM
Holyboyz
post Mar 18 2011, 05:16 PM

Casual
421 posts

My god i checked both general pants co neither carry anything selvegde
kuzgo
post Mar 18 2011, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

71ers: uniqlo. tongue.gif
TSGrimm
post Mar 20 2011, 01:37 AM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

I just let my dream pair of DOVAs slip pass my hands... Ffffffffffffffuuuuu...!

Idiot eBay logged me out seconds before bidding ended... damn gay!
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 20 2011, 02:43 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(Grimm @ Mar 20 2011, 01:37 AM)
I just let my dream pair of DOVAs slip pass my hands... Ffffffffffffffuuuuu...!

Idiot eBay logged me out seconds before bidding ended... damn gay!
DOVA? awww... Tough luck man...
TSGrimm
post Mar 20 2011, 09:59 AM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

*Depressed*

Holyboyz
post Mar 20 2011, 06:09 PM

Casual
421 posts

Naked and famous, skinny guy w 28

raw gold selvedge.

Barely can button had to suck it up

They only make sizes in even numbers

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
kotmj
post Mar 20 2011, 06:15 PM

3,796 posts

Don't do this to yourself.
kuzgo
post Mar 20 2011, 07:07 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

Dude, no need to size down so ganas. Later no more father's day. It is NEVER supposed to hurt.
bugb34r
post Mar 20 2011, 07:08 PM

Pablo Honey
1,841 posts

bought just now.

Holyboyz
post Mar 20 2011, 07:12 PM

Casual
421 posts

Just trying them on, I'm going to look for some ksubi later
Stuffi
post Mar 20 2011, 07:16 PM

Orchid Malevolence.
1,153 posts

What is it inside the Padini box?
btw, pls resize your picture sweat.gif
bugb34r
post Mar 20 2011, 07:37 PM

Pablo Honey
1,841 posts

QUOTE(Stuffi @ Mar 20 2011, 07:16 PM)
What is it inside the Padini box? 
btw, pls resize your picture sweat.gif
inside it was a boxer! lol. just kidding ya, its a belt. lazy to resize, trying to ate up your bandwidth. rclxs0.gif

g3n0c|d3
post Mar 20 2011, 08:55 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 20 2011, 06:09 PM)

raw gold selvedge. 

Try 29w. Its a bit tight especially at the thighs. But good thing is u tried it 1st.
HongIsHere
post Mar 20 2011, 09:03 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 20 2011, 07:09 PM)

raw gold selvedge. 

Where can I get naked and famous either in Singapore and Malaysia ? icon_question.gif
Holyboyz
post Mar 20 2011, 09:10 PM

Casual
421 posts

@g3n they only make them in even numbers

@hong im trying these in Melb aus
treflip
post Mar 20 2011, 10:01 PM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 20 2011, 06:09 PM)

raw gold selvedge. 

awesome fit!! get it! itll stretch
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 20 2011, 10:25 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 20 2011, 09:10 PM)
@g3n they only make them in even numbers

If i were u i dont mind getting it. But its up to i really. Wht about 30w? Too loose for u?
kotmj
post Mar 20 2011, 10:27 PM

3,796 posts

QUOTE(treflip @ Mar 20 2011, 10:01 PM)
awesome fit!! get it! itll stretch
^ajaran sesat
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 20 2011, 10:32 PM

6,426 posts

It should stretch no doubt. But before its stretch, u have to wonder the torture that he have to endure lol!
Holyboyz
post Mar 20 2011, 11:59 PM

Casual
421 posts

Still leaning towards the Grim tim's its darker

i might get a pair of black waxed raw cheap mondays
71ers
post Mar 21 2011, 09:15 AM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 20 2011, 09:10 PM)

try the slim fit and weird guy cutting too. I feel that with the way your tights look, u are more suitable with the weird guy
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 21 2011, 09:30 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(HongIsHere @ Mar 20 2011, 09:03 PM)
Where can I get naked and famous either in Singapore and Malaysia ? icon_question.gif
in malaysia the only place i know where to get naked and famous is at MUSA, avenue K, near ampang park LRT
sembilan
post Mar 21 2011, 10:51 AM

On my way
593 posts

holyboyz, isnt there a very cool denim store in melbourne? i believe they carry a lot of brands like PRPS and edwin and the lot. maybe you wanna try that store out?
HongIsHere
post Mar 21 2011, 06:17 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 21 2011, 10:30 AM)
in malaysia the only place i know where to get naked and famous is at MUSA, avenue K, near ampang park LRT
Thanks for the info biggrin.gif
Anyone knows the price of it ? icon_question.gif
71ers
post Mar 21 2011, 06:48 PM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(HongIsHere @ Mar 21 2011, 06:17 PM)
Thanks for the info  biggrin.gif
Anyone knows the price of it ?  icon_question.gif
price range from rm599 to rm719 (i think) but now they are having 30% discount on all N&F jeans there
HongIsHere
post Mar 21 2011, 07:35 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(71ers @ Mar 21 2011, 07:48 PM)
price range from rm599 to rm719 (i think) but now they are having 30% discount on all N&F jeans there
rclxms.gif will get there really soon !!

g3n0c|d3
post Mar 21 2011, 07:45 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(71ers @ Mar 21 2011, 06:48 PM)
Thts about right.
treflip
post Mar 22 2011, 02:32 AM

Enthusiast
712 posts

QUOTE(kotmj @ Mar 20 2011, 10:27 PM)
^ajaran sesat
are u sure bro? rclxms.gif

i never had any problems sizing down before...been buying and trying more then 10 pairs of different brands and sizes of raw japanese selvage denims for the past 5 years plus....all of them stretches out even the unsanforized ones..so go figure tongue.gif

This post has been edited by treflip: Mar 22 2011, 02:34 AM
kuzgo
post Mar 22 2011, 07:49 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

wait... unsanforized ones arent supposed to stretch? sez who.
Cheenoo
post Mar 22 2011, 11:07 PM

Alpha as fuck
845 posts

About 10 wears. Uniqlo selvedge.

user posted image

user posted image
^this shot was hard to take, haha.

silverstan
post Mar 22 2011, 11:22 PM

Casual
388 posts

^ the length look good, L30?
Cheenoo
post Mar 22 2011, 11:55 PM

Alpha as fuck
845 posts

^length was altered when i bought it.
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 23 2011, 12:24 AM

6,426 posts

Nice fit cheenoo... But not much stacks thou
Holyboyz
post Mar 23 2011, 12:41 AM

Casual
421 posts

i think 1 size down would have been nice
teNtiOn
post Mar 23 2011, 09:30 AM

On my way
657 posts

QUOTE(kuzgo @ Mar 22 2011, 07:49 PM)
wait... unsanforized ones arent supposed to stretch? sez who.
every jeans will stretch, including the unsanforized one or washed.. just that it wont stretch as much as sanforized denim..

This post has been edited by teNtiOn: Mar 23 2011, 11:17 AM
silverstan
post Mar 23 2011, 10:09 AM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Mar 23 2011, 12:24 AM)
Nice fit cheenoo...  But not much stacks thou
i prefer this length.
don't really like too much stacking.

Cheenoo
post Mar 23 2011, 01:42 PM

Alpha as fuck
845 posts

QUOTE(Holyboyz @ Mar 23 2011, 12:41 AM)
i think 1 size down would have been nice
If i size down any more i won't be able to button, even if i suck my tummy in.

TSGrimm
post Mar 23 2011, 03:51 PM

I don't know anymore
2,030 posts

No pancake stacks cuz he altered the length lah. You and kotmj can compete to see who has better fades. Quick.. go cycling in them!
chuakz
post Mar 23 2011, 08:37 PM

Regular
1,188 posts

guys...been wearing my dr denims for bout 8 mnths now...fades r minimal...should i wash? or keep wearing?
jhchong
post Mar 23 2011, 09:13 PM

Casual
397 posts

depends how many times or often you wear it during the last 8 months. if like average of 15+days in a month, i think can wash la.

d3vilzzzz
post Mar 23 2011, 09:42 PM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

hi all,

newbie here
the oni experience here i have with this stuff is TOPMAN's raw (not selvedge, nt even sure if it can really be considered an exp. considering it's no where near the stuff you ppl wear)

i bought topman coz i just wanted to try "raw" out
i got the slim, true to size, almost half a year in but worn prb 1 -2x a week throughout the year
honeycombs and whiskers are developing biggrin.gif but still tight around the thighs

i am looking into venturing further -nudies and apc (will be heading to aus soon hence the thoughts to purchase as i hv been forewarned these in msia are ripoffs)

queries:
1. in general size down 1? is there a table which tells us hw much to size down? my experience with Topman before they stretched and mine was a true to size was stressful -if i size down will i be able to button?

2. when do i taper/ alter length -my topman i made a mistake of taper/ altering before they were worn in sad.gif

thank you sifus!
kuzgo
post Mar 23 2011, 10:15 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(chuakz @ Mar 23 2011, 08:37 PM)
guys...been wearing my dr denims for bout 8 mnths now...fades r minimal...should i wash? or keep wearing?
If you can live with the smell, chill first lorh. tongue.gif
chuakz
post Mar 24 2011, 12:32 AM

Regular
1,188 posts

lol..tats the prob...the smell...dunno wanna dry clean it again or wash it for real...since fades r not formed properly yet...anyway...i'm already wearing my APCs since last sunday...=)
71ers
post Mar 24 2011, 08:26 AM

Casual
467 posts

Soak it in water ? I use Febreeze anti-bacterial on my jeans and it just felt clean after that.
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 24 2011, 09:13 AM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(d3vilzzzz @ Mar 23 2011, 09:42 PM)
hi all,

newbie here
the oni experience here i have with this stuff is TOPMAN's raw (not selvedge, nt even sure if it can really be considered an exp. considering it's no where near the stuff you ppl wear)

i bought topman coz i just wanted to try "raw" out
i got the slim, true to size, almost half a year in but worn prb 1 -2x a week throughout the year
honeycombs and whiskers are developing biggrin.gif but still tight around the thighs

i am looking into venturing further -nudies and apc (will be heading to aus soon hence the thoughts to purchase as i hv been forewarned these in msia are ripoffs)

queries:
1. in general size down 1? is there a table which tells us hw much to size down? my experience with Topman before they stretched and mine was a true to size was stressful -if i size down will i be able to button?

2. when do i taper/ alter length -my topman i made a mistake of taper/ altering before they were worn in sad.gif 

thank you sifus!
APC will stretch. some people over here and SUFU would recommended to sizing down to 4. Meaning it is going to stretch that much.

nudies also stretch but not to extend like APC. Sizing down 1 size for nudie would be good enough, or 2 if u feel adventurous.....
chuakz
post Mar 24 2011, 09:35 AM

Regular
1,188 posts

i only sized down 1 on my APC PS....hope they dont stretch much
kuzgo
post Mar 24 2011, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

chuakz, use a belt. smile.gif
Calvin Seak
post Mar 24 2011, 01:01 PM

Pushing the limits
2,124 posts

QUOTE(chuakz @ Mar 24 2011, 12:32 AM)
lol..tats the prob...the smell...dunno wanna dry clean it again or wash it for real...since fades r not formed properly yet...anyway...i'm already wearing my APCs since last sunday...=)
Bro what I did was I got fabrezee And then just sun it outside your garden when it's sunny ^^

Some go to the extend of putting it in a plastic bag and left it in the freezer overnight lol!!
kotmj
post Mar 24 2011, 02:21 PM

3,796 posts

I would never trade hygiene and personal comfort for a somewhat higher contrast fade effect that has only higher order effects unnoticeable to most.

Fit, always a first order effect, will do for me.
HongIsHere
post Mar 24 2011, 06:14 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(HongIsHere @ Mar 21 2011, 08:35 PM)
rclxms.gif will get there really soon !!
I went Musa this afternoon, most of the sizes were sold out and part of them are ready for some private warehouse sale, the salesman there refuse to give me any information about that , blink.gif
Anyone knows about it ?

supercrab
post Mar 26 2011, 10:58 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(HongIsHere @ Mar 24 2011, 06:14 PM)
I went Musa this afternoon, most of the sizes were sold out and part of them are ready for some private warehouse sale, the salesman there refuse to give me any information about that ,  blink.gif
Anyone knows about it ?
What are the sizes left? was looking forward to buy their vintage blue slims
HongIsHere
post Mar 26 2011, 05:07 PM

23 posts

28,30,32 mostly. I need 29 but too bad...
g3n0c|d3
post Mar 26 2011, 09:39 PM

6,426 posts

QUOTE(HongIsHere @ Mar 26 2011, 05:07 PM)
28,30,32 mostly. I need 29 but too bad...
Naked and famous are only sold in even numbers. Theres no 29w.
soulquarianz
post Mar 27 2011, 12:32 AM

On my way
556 posts

cultizm offered free shipping worldwide ! watcha waiting for go grab some selvage denim !!!
the_net
post Mar 27 2011, 01:53 AM

1 posts

the raw denim is always in indigo colour,unwashed,and always a vintage denim..

Cheenoo
post Mar 27 2011, 02:41 AM

Alpha as fuck