The Raw Selvedge Denim Thread, Version 4

views

d3vilzzzz
post Mar 23 2011, 09:42 PM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

hi all,

newbie here
the oni experience here i have with this stuff is TOPMAN's raw (not selvedge, nt even sure if it can really be considered an exp. considering it's no where near the stuff you ppl wear)

i bought topman coz i just wanted to try "raw" out
i got the slim, true to size, almost half a year in but worn prb 1 -2x a week throughout the year
honeycombs and whiskers are developing biggrin.gif but still tight around the thighs

i am looking into venturing further -nudies and apc (will be heading to aus soon hence the thoughts to purchase as i hv been forewarned these in msia are ripoffs)

queries:
1. in general size down 1? is there a table which tells us hw much to size down? my experience with Topman before they stretched and mine was a true to size was stressful -if i size down will i be able to button?

2. when do i taper/ alter length -my topman i made a mistake of taper/ altering before they were worn in sad.gif

thank you sifus!
d3vilzzzz
post Jan 31 2012, 10:25 AM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

guys,

NF, APC, nudies all available oni overseas and on9?
nth available in Msia?

**Edit: backtracked a little, MUSA in Bangsar it is -where exactly is this place?

This post has been edited by d3vilzzzz: Jan 31 2012, 11:47 AM
d3vilzzzz
post Jan 31 2012, 02:30 PM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

thanks for the info -fingers cross i will get something over the long weekend biggrin.gif
d3vilzzzz
post Feb 1 2012, 12:42 AM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

guys,

i believe i made my first step in the selvedge denim world ..
i dun think it's raw though ..
pop dwn to bangsar jz nw and had the chance to check out Musa just earlier instead of the weekend as planned
@RM200 it's nt too bad rite for a first pair?
i dun hv exp. with selvedge but for raw -topman (nth compared to u sifus "standing jeans") bad exp as the damn thing din stretch at all sad.gif

i was aiming for NnF but they din have the size and pattern i wanted
i found the sizing weird -i am norm a 32 -33 but for NnF i cud nt fit into their skinnies or slims at true size -they din hv "weird" i cannot imagine sizing down sad.gif i blame the crotch part keke

i tried "Cheap Mondays" @size 33 [tight snug fit] but considering how it would stretch i went down to 32 [tight fit but i could still button up] i dun think i could do a 31 sad.gif -i dunno the exact model, i dunno where to look, please refer to pics attach

ps. i most def need for stretching arnd me thighs -though i hv stopped cycling and am nt running so regularly i need space there -calves are ok

pics:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
d3vilzzzz
post Feb 1 2012, 11:49 AM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

@genocide
BSC is the one at the top of the hill, away from the mosque rite?
name of the shop? thanks!

Since i bought the same pair with ur bro, a couple of ques:
1. would you happen to know if this is sanfornized or not? (or does raw mean def unsanfornized -if so what is going to happen after me first soak sad.gif)
2. did ur bro size up or down?
-would this shrink or expand? hw much?
3. hw long before first wash?

looking forward to me nxt pair -btw sale at MUSA is still on and they are restocking end of Feb

@peeps
i have been wearing them since 12midnight last nite tongue.gif def loosen up little -but need more stretch in the waist and thighs area and me balls wudnt mind more space either haha fit pics asap

This post has been edited by d3vilzzzz: Feb 1 2012, 11:56 AM
d3vilzzzz
post Feb 1 2012, 05:48 PM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

guys,

thanks for the info!
i guess i dun hv to worry for not soaking it first ..all that is left to do is to stretch them out biggrin.gif

would this mean mine are not 100% raw hmm.gif

m i eligible to join this "fade" competition?

d3vilzzzz
post Feb 20 2012, 12:53 PM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

does tate and yoke ship here (msia)?

hw much does NnF stretch hmm.gif
the wierd guy specifically since its suited for big thighs but tapers dwn more then the slim below the knees?

me CMs are stretching -waistline but thighs and crotch need more work

@genocide
hw are your bros CMs working out?

This post has been edited by d3vilzzzz: Feb 20 2012, 12:53 PM
d3vilzzzz
post Feb 21 2012, 10:27 AM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

guys!

gt me self a 2nd pair biggrin.gif unbranded (tapered,blk color)-i m a cheapo tongue.gif
anyhoos! bang for a buck for 14 oz -way stiffer and heavier den me CMs

First thoughts:
just abt enough room in the top block (crotch and thigh) and i guess tapers down ..i would not mind a little more tapering though frm the knee dwn ..waist is tight but a little wear in should do the trick

Buying exp:
i tried both the tapered and the skinny:
Tapered
--33 was a just right fit, comfy frm the start so i sized dwn to a 32 -tight at the waist but snug over at the thighs wud have tried a 31 but read in hypebeast these expand only so so little and it's also written on the website

Skinny
--34 was comfy -perfect fit but too long and i cud not fit into a 33 hmm.gif din wanna buy and realize it's nt expanding

Fit pics:
asap tongue.gif i knw my CM's fit pics are also nt up yet!
thank God my job allows me to wear almost anything i want tongue.gif

This post has been edited by d3vilzzzz: Feb 21 2012, 10:57 AM
d3vilzzzz
post Feb 23 2012, 06:24 PM

[d3vilzzzz]
4,247 posts

what are you looking for there smile.gif
i was there just this mon but din get anything as they hv yet to restock -they said end feb the end march sad.gif

did you go to "actually"? tongue.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0410sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:23 AM