12 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Long term use of Sierra Glow result?

views

hellfire8888
post Feb 28 2013, 05:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,196 posts

has the rain spot issue been solved? Is it a common problem among the SG users to have watermark? Cause my friend use PPH solution and dont have this issue
mav3rick
post Feb 28 2013, 06:47 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(DigitalKL @ Jan 4 2013, 12:11 PM)
eh those blatant claims are from sierra glow themselves lor....

and you talk as if I abused my car. you also assumed that I do not know anything about detailing.

i didnt say I do not want to listen or understand. I only said I do not need a solution from Mr.Choong which means if he offers to redo my car, I have to think twice. No point spending my whole day there if after a year, this happens again.

understand?
all of my friends that went for the SG coating were told to wash with water and to use a claybar if there are bonded contaminants on the surface. I wonder how you were not aware of this info?

Termibait
post Feb 28 2013, 07:17 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(mav3rick @ Feb 28 2013, 06:47 PM)
all of my friends that went for the SG coating were told to wash with water and to use a claybar if there are bonded contaminants on the surface. I wonder how you were not aware of this info?
I did Sg in early August. Yes, I was told to do clay bar and ipa to wipe off water mark and bonded contaminants...but it increases more scratches and it is not easy to wash anymore. Over time, the coating is disappearing....

The more u wash, the fast the coating disappear and more scratches. Mind you, I use double bucket system. Still can c scratches here and there. Damn frustrated and feel wasting money on SG.

Madgeiser
post Mar 1 2013, 08:08 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Feb 28 2013, 07:17 PM)
I did Sg in early August. Yes, I was told to do clay bar and ipa to wipe off water mark and bonded contaminants...but it increases more scratches and it is not easy to wash anymore. Over time, the coating is disappearing....

The more u wash, the fast the coating disappear and more scratches. Mind you, I use double bucket system. Still can c scratches here and there. Damn frustrated and feel wasting money on SG.
That is odd, mine have been a year plus, i can still see SG on it when i wash. Water beads and everything. No scratches. Thought i will need to revisit Mr. Choong again, when i get my car back. Got rear ended recently, and have to replace the bumper. So that part will need to be recoat and also do some inspection or touch up.

I don't even clay....

This post has been edited by Madgeiser: Mar 1 2013, 08:08 AM
shithappens
post Mar 1 2013, 08:16 AM

40 posts

i've had sg on my car and its been 3 yrs +....its money well spent....beading still visible (altho not as acute as in the 1st year) and the glow is still visible after each wash.....i washed the car on my own the 1st year but due to work commitments and time constraints....the car has been given the roadside or petrol station wash treatment ever since.......many a times i've had the car wash guys asking if i want a wax job after the wash...i will decline politely each time and after the wash they will comment saying that the car must have been recently waxed and i'll just smile

btw...my ride is white in colour
cybermaster98
post Mar 1 2013, 08:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,439 posts

The problem with most ppl is that they dont realise a few things about maintaining a car that has a coating:

1) You should not wash the car on your own unless you have the correct cloths. You cant use normal soft cloths as even this will scratch. The right cloth to use for the body is actually a type of skin cloth. This cloth isnt cheap and costs about RM80 per piece. Most of the professional car washes have this. Thats why its always advised that you should send your car to those car washes instead of the roadside ones or doing it yorself. You can get yorself/yor friends enrolled on 1 of those membership programs and you'll enjoy cheaper washes for a few years. In Feb 2012, I recommended a friend to do his polishing/coating at Pit Stop TTDI and since then i get my K5 washed and vacummed for only RM8 (normal price RM20). This offer is valid until Feb 2015 which i think is a good deal. Look for such deals and ull might just find one.

2) Cars with coatings should always be wiped dry after a rain. The water must never be left on the surface overnight or else you will get watermarks. But if you use that normal cloth, then ure gonna scratch the surface. So might be worth investing in the correct cloth which any professional car care centre can order for you. You cant get this type of cloth at the hardware shop so dont bother trying. All those cloths supposedly suitable for cars are in fact not suitable. If your car gets wet after a rain and you have no means to actually wipe down the car, at least hose off the car so that the acidic rain water is not left on the car surface as this eats into the paint and causes the water marks.

So before you blame the coating, first ask yourself if you have maintained the coating in the correct way. Thats why you should always think twice before spending money on doing a coating. If you feel you cannot spend the money and effort to maintain the coating then you might as well not do the coating and just do the periodic polish and wax instead.

This post has been edited by cybermaster98: Mar 1 2013, 08:42 AM
Termibait
post Mar 1 2013, 08:47 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Mar 1 2013, 08:36 AM)
The problem with most ppl is that they dont realise a few things about maintaining a car that has a coating:

1) You should not wash the car on your own unless you have the correct cloths. You cant use normal soft cloths as even this will scratch. The right cloth to use for the body is actually a type of skin cloth. This cloth isnt cheap and costs about RM80 per piece. Most of the professional car washes have this. Thats why its always advised that you should send your car to those car washes instead of the roadside ones or doing it yorself. You can get yorself/yor friends enrolled on 1 of those membership programs and you'll enjoy cheaper washes for a few years. In Feb 2012, I recommended a friend to do his polishing/coating at Pit Stop TTDI and since then i get my K5 washed and vacummed for only RM8 (normal price RM20). This offer is valid until Feb 2015 which i think is a good deal. Look for such deals and ull might just find one.

2) Cars with coatings should always be wiped dry after a rain. The water must never be left on the surface overnight or else you will get watermarks. But if you use that normal cloth, then ure gonna scratch the surface. So might be worth investing in the correct cloth which any professional car care centre can order for you. You cant get this type of cloth at the hardware shop so dont bother trying. All those cloths supposedly suitable for cars are in fact not suitable. If your car gets wet after a rain and you have no means to actually wipe down the car, at least hose off the car so that the acidic rain water is not left on the car surface as this eats into the paint and causes the water marks.

So before you blame the coating, first ask yourself if you have maintained the coating in the correct way. Thats why you should always think twice before spending money on doing a coating. If you feel you cannot spend the money and effort to maintain the coating then you might as well not do the coating and just do the periodic polish and wax instead.
How on earth did u know I didn't invest in the right cloth? And how many car wash centre in Malaysia is using the correct cloth? I have seen many using worn cloth,single bucket system and one cloth for many cars.....that is why I don't trust those cash wash centre.

And how many would exactly wash car after rain Irvine malaysia's weather. U know I know. That is mr choong recommended once a week intervals. Speaking of that, I find that some ppl just love to shoot at people and giving unrealistic advice...

I still see water beading. Just that it is not as good as before and disappointed because it is just few months. Also, water mark is difficult to remove even with frequent wash and clay. When u don't clay, water mark and foreign contaminant is not easily removed with just normal wash.

This post has been edited by Termibait: Mar 1 2013, 08:49 AM
cybermaster98
post Mar 1 2013, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,439 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Mar 1 2013, 08:47 AM)
How on earth did u know I didn't invest in the right cloth? And how many car wash centre in Malaysia is using the correct cloth? I have seen many using worn cloth,single bucket system and one cloth for many cars.....that is why I don't trust those cash wash centre.

And how many would exactly wash car after rain Irvine malaysia's weather. U know I know. That is mr choong recommended once a week intervals. Speaking of that, I find that some ppl just love to shoot at people and giving unrealistic advice...

I still see water beading. Just that it is not as good as before and disappointed because it is just few months. Also, water mark is difficult to remove even with frequent wash and clay. When u don't clay, water mark and foreign contaminant is not easily removed with just normal wash.
My post was a general post. Just because your earlier post was quoted doesnt always mean i was refering to YOU. If u read my earlier statement, you'll see that i mentioned PROFESSIONAL CAR WASH CENTRES. Not all car wash centres are professional and i didnt assume as such. Slightly worn cloth is fine as long as the material of the cloth is correct. You cant possibly expect the car wash centre to replace cloths every week do you? Professional car washes also do not use any form of bucket system. So if your car wash centre uses them then its clearly not PROFESSIONAL. I also didnt ask you to WASH your car after the rain. I said WIPE IT DRY. Washing and wiping a car are 2 totally different things.

Speaking of that, I find that some ppl just love to shoot at people without reading carefully first. biggrin.gif
edison1437
post Mar 1 2013, 09:39 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

AFAIK there is still warranty on the coating they'll help you to touchup if the coat wear off but i think hardly can see though our naked eye the coat went off
dvinez
post Mar 1 2013, 09:45 AM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Mar 1 2013, 08:47 AM)

i understand you bro, you take care of your car nicely and then shits still happen after all those claim.

anyway for me, i need good protection from scratches/swirl marks and to be simple to take care, even it doesnt cost a lot, i consider it a waste of time.

if it still more or less the same with and without coating, then i am not interested and prefer to wash and detail my car twice or more a week.
i guess thats why meiguars, permanon or such is still able to survive in the stiff competition.

dvinez
post Mar 1 2013, 09:49 AM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Mar 1 2013, 08:53 AM)
My post was a general post. Just because your earlier post was quoted doesnt always mean i was refering to YOU. If u read my earlier statement, you'll see that i mentioned PROFESSIONAL CAR WASH CENTRES. Not all car wash centres are professional and i didnt assume as such. Slightly worn cloth is fine as long as the material of the cloth is correct. You cant possibly expect the car wash centre to replace cloths every week do you? Professional car washes also do not use any form of bucket system. So if your car wash centre uses them then its clearly not PROFESSIONAL. I also didnt ask you to WASH your car after the rain. I said WIPE IT DRY. Washing and wiping a car are 2 totally different things.

Speaking of that, I find that some ppl just love to shoot at people without reading carefully first.  biggrin.gif
i always wipe after rain oso, really sad that my place rain almost everyday. even with that passion, there are still watermarks on my roof sad.gif
read somewhere online, that our weather, acid rain are the main culprit, and it is almost impossible to prevent. sweat.gif
Termibait
post Mar 1 2013, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Wiping off after rain is even worse as dirts are already on the paint surface. U will create more scratches....
sierraglow
post Mar 1 2013, 09:11 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Nov 14 2012, 11:30 PM)
I use clay bar and ipo(pure alcohol) to get rid of water mark. It works but very time consuming. U nid to wash car, clay bar, wipe clean and then wipe with alchohol...easily 3hours.

I wash frequently and yet water mark still unavoidable. I do found out that after clay bar treatment, paint surface is more sticky and tend to get dirty faster
Hi Termibait, Wowwww! Sorry to learn that after you have clay bar your car and become sticky and get dirty faster. Glad if you can contact me to arrange a date so that I can rectify the problem for you. Be glad if you can let me know more detail when you are using the clay bar.
1. IPA need to be diluted to a ratio of 1:1 with water, it cannot be use concentrated.
2. What normally use when using a clay bar? Water or shampoo?
3. How much pressure do you use when claying?
4. What sort of dirt are you referring to, that your car get dirty faster?
5. Did the car surface condition smoother after clay bar?
Thank you. Hope to hear from you.
boogie78
post Mar 1 2013, 10:57 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

Im satisfied with SG... Doing the coating on september 2009..still shine.wash using ONR..
stepling88
post Mar 3 2013, 01:23 PM

8 posts

I m not satisfied with SG, doing on sep last year, now the colour look dull, totally not shine at all, and some more got a lot of water mark!! Really waste of money, Should be easy to maintain with just rinsing with water, rite? That what i heard and see a lot of comment form here, and went to do it, now turn out i still have to do clay bar, now even i use clay bar, the water mark just hard to get off!! cry.gif
Termibait
post Mar 3 2013, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(sierraglow @ Mar 1 2013, 09:11 PM)
Hi Termibait, Wowwww! Sorry to learn that after you have clay bar your car and become sticky and get dirty faster. Glad if you can contact me to arrange a date so that I can rectify the problem for you. Be glad if you can let me know more detail when you are using the clay bar.
1. IPA need to be diluted to a ratio of 1:1 with water, it cannot be use concentrated.
2. What normally use when using a clay bar? Water or shampoo?
3. How much pressure do you use when claying?
4. What sort of dirt are you referring to, that your car get dirty faster?
5. Did the car surface condition smoother after clay bar?
Thank you. Hope to hear from you.
Mr choong, thank you for your concern on this.

To answer your question.
1. I was not told that ipa has to be diluted with water when I got it from you.
2. You did not say use shampoo to clay bar too.(when you demonstrate, u say just wet the surface.
3. It's very light pressure unless water mark/stain is too visible.
4. Dust accumulated on paint surface.
5. It's smooth as I have been washing car almost 1-2 times a week.

I appreciate if could have a look at the car somewhere this week. Pm me your available date and time. I will make a trip to your shop.

Regards
sierraglow
post Mar 3 2013, 04:30 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Mar 3 2013, 02:48 PM)
Mr choong, thank you for your concern on this.

To answer your question.
1. I was not told that ipa has to be diluted with water when I got it from you.
2. You did not say use shampoo to clay bar too.(when you demonstrate, u say just wet the surface.
3. It's very light pressure unless water mark/stain is too visible.
4. Dust accumulated on paint surface.
5. It's smooth as I have been washing car almost 1-2 times a week.

I appreciate if could have a look at the car somewhere this week. Pm me your available date and time. I will make a trip to your shop.

Regards
Hi Termibait,
1.The IPA from me has been diluted.
2. I may not inform you to use shampoo but during the demo session the surface condition is different. Depend on the surface and what solution to apply. But nevertheless they will be instruction on the packaging how to use the clay bar when you purchase it.
3. No pressure is require when using a clay bar. Unless you may have a problem situation, then a different way need to be use. I may have not advice you various problem from A to Z in detail. I only advise on normal problem. Otherwise I need to organise a 3 days workshop for all this. But I always info owner's to contact me if they encounter any situation which unable to solve.
4. Sierra Glow is not for keeping dust away. But help washing easy. Sierra Glow coating is to protect our paint from oxidation. In simple, after wash your car will remain shine and not change colour. We warranty 5 years the coating will remain on the surface from oxidation. However, direct or indirect damage and stains will not be warranty.

You may bring in your car on 4th, 7th or 8th Mar. Please contact me @ 016 2170312 / 016 3452913.

Thank you. Cheers..

sierraglow
post Mar 3 2013, 04:58 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(stepling88 @ Mar 3 2013, 01:23 PM)
I m not satisfied with SG, doing on sep last year, now the colour look dull, totally not shine at all, and some more got a lot of water mark!! Really waste of money, Should be easy to maintain with just rinsing with water, rite? That what i heard and see a lot of comment form here, and went to do it, now turn out i still have to do clay bar, now even i use clay bar, the water mark just hard to get off!!  cry.gif
Hi stepling88,
The condition sound to be very serious. I will be happy if you will to arrange an appointment to bring in your car and I will rectify the matter for you. Appreciate if you can upload photos of your car at different angle. We have exhaust fume, industrial pollution, acidic rain, road tar and your daily driving condition. All this will contribute dirt to stick on to the surface. Those days nobody hear of clay bar. No car wash center or detailing shop ever advise their customer to use. Otherwise they will not have business if they let you know. Every household has a screwdriver, right? Every car owner's must have a clay bar to clean their car. Or else we need to send our car to car wash detailing shop. We educate our customer to use clay bar so that it will be economical for owner's to DIY them self rather to send car wash center to do the job. Water marks or stain does not develop overnight. We have to prevent rather than to cure when happens. Water marks develop on the car surface is due to crystallisation of pollution dirt which accumulated over a period, 3 days, 1 week, 10 days, 2 weeks and so on.

Please contact me at 016 2170312 or 016 3452913 to bring in your car. I be most sincere to rectify the matter for you. Thank you for your support.
sierraglow
post Mar 3 2013, 09:58 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(hellfire8888 @ Feb 28 2013, 05:07 PM)
has the rain spot issue been solved? Is it a common problem among the SG users to have watermark? Cause my friend use PPH solution and dont have this issue
Hi hellfire8888, Sorry I think you may have phrase the sentence in correct. 1. Any type of coating will still have stain or water marks crystallise on the surface if owner's do not take precautionary measure to maintain their car. The theory is, if your car surface is clean. The chances of contamination of pollution and dirt will be minimise. 2. If you observe older cars front windshield, why the wiper wipe area has no water marks and the area which the wiper unable to wipe has many water marks visible.

Today I even witness a 6 months Mazda CX 5 that came for Sierra Glow coating, eventually have water marks on the surface too.. Hope our fans will understand more of the function of Glass coating. The main purpose is to protect our original paint from oxidation. Therefore after wash will maintain the shine.

Cheers...
rcracer
post Mar 3 2013, 10:34 PM

?????
3,743 posts

I thought the point if applying an expensive coating means maintenance is splash with water instead of even more work than normal non coated paint

12 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:47 PM