Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Long term use of Sierra Glow result?

views

stepling88
post Nov 14 2012, 10:09 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(azbro @ Nov 14 2012, 09:59 PM)
Actually, of all the fabulous comments about SG.... there is one bad comment I heard...but this lazy bum never know how to clean his car....he never dry his car until all the water spot were impossible to remove...especially at the bonnet area

So if you wanna add a coat of SG, or whatever product, and just leave the car without taking care of it....even the best coats will not give you the best protection..
If u dont have any good suggestion on how to get rid of the water spot, why dont u just keep quiet!! shakehead.gif
scsoo
post Nov 14 2012, 10:26 PM

Casual

QUOTE(stepling88 @ Nov 14 2012, 10:25 PM)
Hi there,

I would be really appreciate if you could answer some of my doubt here...

I just done my sierra glow last two months ago, and recently after washing my car, i can see a lot of water spot on my car which i try to wipe it off, but it is just hard to get it off, i m wondering what DIY treatment that i can do to get it off, i saw some comments from web saying using white vinegar, i wonder can i use it? Will is fade away my sierra glow treatment? or any other treatment that is recomended?
Thank you in advance!
If you done Sierra Glow, why not just drop by Mr Choong place and see what wrong and get his advise as he is the expert on Sierra Glow. Maybe it can be ratify on the spot and then no more headache unless you have DIY something else......
Termibait
post Nov 14 2012, 11:30 PM

Getting Started

I use clay bar and ipo(pure alcohol) to get rid of water mark. It works but very time consuming. U nid to wash car, clay bar, wipe clean and then wipe with alchohol...easily 3hours.

I wash frequently and yet water mark still unavoidable. I do found out that after clay bar treatment, paint surface is more sticky and tend to get dirty faster
maru
post Nov 15 2012, 12:14 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

mean after SG

we need this clay bar to brush/wipe our car?
colinwong89
post Nov 15 2012, 01:05 AM

dozing off. zzz.

The only way to reduce watermarks is so keep your car dry at all times. As rain water is acidic, it will rapidly etch into the surface if it is not wiped off. It also contains mineral deposits that trap itself into the paint in those microscopic pits, which is why you see marks on your paintwork.

The only way is preventive maintenance, or a polish to remove it. Given that we live in a country with lots of smog, pollution and constant rain watermarks are highly inevitable.
Termibait
post Nov 15 2012, 10:01 AM

Getting Started

After applied SG, we r advice not to polish or wax our car. This will remove SG coat. The only way to maintain the car is to use clay bar. But u don have to do it every time after car wash. Maybe once a month depending on your available free time. As for using of alchohol, it is recommended to do it as often as possible. So, its up to individual to decide the frequency of claybar washing and alchohol usage. For me, I noticed that after clay bar, car paint is more shining and looks like showroom condition. Downside is, it attracts dirts very fast.....
azbro
post Nov 15 2012, 10:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Termibait @ Nov 15 2012, 10:01 AM)
After applied SG, we r advice not to polish or wax our car. This will remove SG coat. The only way to maintain the car is to use clay bar. But u don have to do it every time after car wash. Maybe once a month depending on your available free time. As for using of alchohol, it is recommended to do it as often as possible. So, its up to individual to decide the frequency of claybar washing and alchohol usage. For me, I noticed that after clay bar, car paint is more shining and looks like showroom condition. Downside is, it attracts dirts very fast.....
Did you get the PG claybar? Did you use it with water only with claying? I got a hard time 'wetting' the car panels as the water drips down very fast.
cybermaster98
post Nov 15 2012, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Ive used SG for 6 months now. The shine seems to be a bit less than before. Paint surface is also not smooth anymore as compared to when u do a new coat of polish. I clay bar the car about once a month. Is this normal? Any of you experiencing the same?

Added on November 15, 2012, 11:52 am
QUOTE(stepling88 @ Nov 14 2012, 09:25 PM)
Hi there,

I would be really appreciate if you could answer some of my doubt here...

I just done my sierra glow last two months ago, and recently after washing my car, i can see a lot of water spot on my car which i try to wipe it off, but it is just hard to get it off, i m wondering what DIY treatment that i can do to get it off, i saw some comments from web saying using white vinegar, i wonder can i use it? Will is fade away my sierra glow treatment? or any other treatment that is recomended?
Thank you in advance!
Did the water spots appear only now or was it there before?

This post has been edited by cybermaster98: Nov 15 2012, 11:52 AM
JJTam
post Nov 15 2012, 12:03 PM

Getting Started

Who has Mr Chong's number? Mind sharing. I plan to go and get my car coated on next Saturday. Wonder if the shop opens on Saturday.
Gilthoniel
post Nov 15 2012, 12:35 PM

the Doctor is IN!

After 8 months my red roc is still shiny as hell. Yes there are watermarks but alcohol wipes make them go away pretty easily. I find that a quick rinse daily keeps the car very clean but u really need to have that kind of dedication.

My silver forte which is 2.5 years also still looks smashing! Just need to touch up the boot area coz its exposed to rain and shine everyday (boot part is not covered by porch) so the beading of water isn't there anymore.
colinwong89
post Nov 15 2012, 01:44 PM

dozing off. zzz.

Exactly. But realise that on the surface level, the etching is physically on the coat - no matter how much you clean the watermarks, eventually it will come back. Same like dirt in a hairline scratch. There's nothing you can do to level the etching unless a light polish is done.
stepling88
post Nov 15 2012, 04:06 PM

QUOTE(Termibait @ Nov 14 2012, 11:30 PM)
I use clay bar and ipo(pure alcohol) to get rid of water mark. It works but very time consuming. U nid to wash car, clay bar, wipe clean and then wipe with alchohol...easily 3hours.

I wash frequently and yet water mark still unavoidable. I do found out that after clay bar treatment, paint surface is more sticky and tend to get dirty faster
Thanks for the advice... smile.gif

Added on November 15, 2012, 4:20 pm
QUOTE(colinwong89 @ Nov 15 2012, 01:05 AM)
The only way to reduce watermarks is so keep your car dry at all times. As rain water is acidic, it will rapidly etch into the surface if it is not wiped off. It also contains mineral deposits that trap itself into the paint in those microscopic pits, which is why you see marks on your paintwork.

The only way is preventive maintenance, or a polish to remove it. Given that we live in a country with lots of smog, pollution and constant rain watermarks are highly inevitable.
How to avoid being caught by rain and keep it dry every time... i think a bit hard for city life and working ppl like us and some more malaysia weather rain so often, i tot after doing sierra glow, i dont need to wash and wipe car that often, but turn out still i need to maintain it every time after rain..... cry.gif

Added on November 15, 2012, 4:24 pm
Thanks for the advice! smile.gif

Added on November 15, 2012, 4:29 pm
QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Nov 15 2012, 11:48 AM)
Ive used SG for 6 months now. The shine seems to be a bit less than before. Paint surface is also not smooth anymore as compared to when u do a new coat of polish. I clay bar the car about once a month. Is this normal? Any of you experiencing the same?

Added on November 15, 2012, 11:52 am

Did the water spots appear only now or was it there before?
No..it came out recently just after doing SG for 2 months, and turn out quite obvious, when u walk near by the car, u can see it clearly!

This post has been edited by stepling88: Nov 15 2012, 04:29 PM
JJTam
post Nov 15 2012, 05:17 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys. How long does it take to fully coat a brand new car in Sierra glow?
colinwong89
post Nov 15 2012, 09:53 PM

dozing off. zzz.

QUOTE(JJTam @ Nov 15 2012, 05:17 PM)
Hi guys. How long does it take to fully coat a brand new car in Sierra glow?
Mine took about half a day.
chris_tco
post Nov 15 2012, 10:24 PM

QUOTE(stepling88 @ Nov 14 2012, 09:45 PM)
Hi there,

Just got my new car 2 months back, and recently found out after washing my car, got a lot of water spot which hard to wipe it off,  can please tell me what to get it off, and even after doing sierra glow, is it okay to use it?
why dun u call to Mr Chong? since you got 5 years warranty.
markblurberry
post Nov 15 2012, 11:20 PM

If you are wondering how good SGlow is...he offers lifetime warranty last time, when he just started..that how it is.... still remember i called him 3 years ago...and he is honest, and trustworthy guy, he told me over the phone- no need to maintain, just wash consistently -no need to buy anything extra from him, no need special care..no need..no need...and emphasized preferably you clay from time to time...thats all..i recommended a fren - after 3 years - he said no complain - still there!! probably not as 'thick' when just done, but still good enough - recommended countless of frens over the years, but myself never did it...reason: my paint quality too bad - he wont accept my car!! shit....
crocky
post Nov 15 2012, 11:49 PM

My car is 1 year plus..suitable for this SG?
stepling88
post Nov 16 2012, 12:05 AM

QUOTE(chris_tco @ Nov 15 2012, 10:24 PM)
why dun u call to Mr Chong? since you got 5 years warranty.
sad.gif sad.gif

I remember Mr.Choong said the warranty for 5 years can be claim unless your car colour change to yellowish, so that mean this does not included! sad.gif

Added on November 16, 2012, 12:50 pm
QUOTE(stepling88 @ Nov 16 2012, 12:05 AM)
sad.gif  sad.gif
I remember Mr.Choong said the warranty for 5 years can be claim unless your car colour change to yellowish, so that mean this does not included! sad.gif
Cos my car is White color, so how about other car which is not white color?? Now i can see the car not shine like b4 after SG,(only 2 months) sad.gif sad.gif cos the water spot can see clearly if u walk near it!!

This post has been edited by stepling88: Nov 16 2012, 12:50 PM
masao343
post Nov 16 2012, 03:25 PM

QUOTE(RahXeph0n @ Dec 15 2010, 09:14 AM)
Yes, they recommend washing using the 2 bucket method, especially within 24hours if there's stuff like bird droppings, and need to visit once a year for inspection, which is not too bad (http://sierraglow.com/after.htm). Nothing about claying, unless you mean I will still need to do that myself, which I guess I probably will not. ONR looks interesting, I'll take that into consideration. Where can I purchase bottles of ONR? Still leaning towards glowing the car though, as the hydrophobic layer is supposed to last about 1 year, and shine for 5 years >.< I'll wager it's an exageration, so I'm still looking for long term user reviews.
sounds like high-maintenance.
sierraglow
post Nov 24 2012, 08:57 PM

Group: Newbie

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Sierra Glow (M) Sdn. Bhd. would like express our gratitude for all customers support.Almost all of our business comes from people like you telling your friends.

We want to say "thank you" for believing in us and our Sierra Glow.
To make our services more convenient we wanted to announce that starting on December 2nd, we will be open on Sunday! Our new schedule means you or your friends can choose any day to make a booking for our Sierra Glow application. We ask you to spread the word...Thanks! You can contact me at 016 217 0312 / 016 345 2913. Thank again,. Choong

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0984sec    0.96    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2019 - 05:16 AM