Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Simple Guide for Fresh Graduates, Also for would be graduates

joo
post Jun 26 2016, 09:15 AM
Group: Junior Member

If you are confused of what job you should go for or not happy with the current job.

We will provide you a solution:)

Click here for registration. Free Preview for first 30 sign-ups only!
Http://www.eventbrite.com/e/5-problems-eve...585432?flyingspaghettimonster=estw
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DiRecToRofSaTaN
post Jul 29 2016, 11:33 AM
Getting Started

was that really a help or merely an advertisement ?
+Quote Post
monkeyboy94
post Jul 30 2016, 04:19 PM
Getting Started

hi fresh graduate from sarawak(degree major in marketing and management)

currently going to work OTS Finno Centre 1st august.

one of their unit manager posted in looking for part time facebook group in kuching, so i pmed and str8 away went go for interview next day.

the so called interview was more like a job description more than an actual interview as no resume or any background info was asked/needed.

is under hong leong assurance selling financial investment/insurance

my mom friend who's selling insurance told me u need a certificate to sell insurance legally

also my job will be to find potential buyer through phone call for my recruiter to meet and deal and commission is 50 50.

my dilemma here is that i went through google ignite and is now google adwords certified

there will be a career fare organised by google that bring in company in related field to for students to intern.

should i cancel the one at OTS Finno Centre? or go for it and still go to the career fair?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
em0kia
post Aug 5 2016, 02:09 PM
Photography+Musician+Travelling
Group: Senior Member

So a lot of people said first job should be one that trains and not highest pay.. I wonder why nobody say get one job that trains and pay well. Because based on my exp, good companies that are willing to pay well usually end up hiring the best talents, leaving the so so grades graduates for the rest of the market. In this case, don't you think the good companies are better place to work in since they have more energetic and bright talents to compete among each other and get better pay? Also I learn that these good companies tend to have their own graduate programme that trains they new hires which Small companies dont have to resources to do so. Don't you think it would be so much better to have a structured programme that well prepared for you to learn during your early career? If the company is reputable and the programme is highly recognized in the industry, the hires that undergone the program will be so valuable in the future. I don't know about you guys but I am currently working in the so called "experience gaining" place and I seriously regretted. Everyday I have to sit together with engineers who are not passionate in their work, work only when boss is supervising otherwise just staring at clock waiting for 6pm, and micromanage and stuffs. Definitely not a place that I want to spend my 10 hours every single day in. Sifus please advice.
+Quote Post
em0kia
post Aug 5 2016, 02:17 PM

QUOTE(ChaChaZero @ Jan 22 2016, 11:18 AM)
Fresh grads have been underpaid since day one. As far as I know, fresh grads are usually underpaid due to the lack of experience. There is always a risk of hiring an unproven talent in the industry so no company will willingly pay a fresh grad the same amount they do for an experienced person of the same position.

I think the main reason this issue is being brought up more prominently is because of the economic and lifestyle changes of this century. Back then when a fresh grad gets a starting pay of RM 2500, people see it as a lot. Nothing has changed, fresh grads are still getting the same pay, just that they need more to scale to the changes.

Even old timers don't get increment equal or comparable to the changes, what more fresh grads.
Finally found someone who spoke on behalf of fresh graduates. We are unproven assets but we are not slaves. Train us and we will serve your company with all we have!! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Soony
post Aug 6 2016, 05:28 PM
I love Photography !

QUOTE(em0kia @ Aug 5 2016, 02:09 PM)
So a lot of people said first job should be one that trains and not highest pay.. I wonder why nobody say get one job that trains and pay well. Because based on my exp, good companies that are willing to pay well usually end up hiring the best talents, leaving the so so grades graduates for the rest of the market. In this case, don't you think the good companies are better place to work in since they have more energetic and bright talents to compete among each other and get better pay? Also I learn that these good companies tend to have their own graduate programme that trains they new hires which Small companies dont have to resources to do so. Don't you think it would be so much better to have a structured programme that well prepared for you to learn during your early career? If the company is reputable and the programme is highly recognized in the industry, the hires that undergone the program will be so valuable in the future. I don't know about you guys but I am currently working in the so called "experience gaining" place and I seriously regretted. Everyday I have to sit together with engineers who are not passionate in their work, work only when boss is supervising otherwise just staring at clock waiting for 6pm, and micromanage and stuffs. Definitely not a place that I want to spend my 10 hours every single day in. Sifus please advice.
You are exactly right and those programs do exist in Malaysia. Think they are called management trainees. Over here in Australia they call them graduate programs where they rotate you around departments to gain experience.

Best part is? They pay above market rate.
+Quote Post
em0kia
post Aug 7 2016, 03:12 PM

QUOTE(Soony @ Aug 6 2016, 05:28 PM)
You are exactly right and those programs do exist in Malaysia. Think they are called management trainees. Over here in Australia they call them graduate programs where they rotate you around departments to gain experience.

Best part is? They pay above market rate.
Exactly.
+Quote Post
cinderella00
post Sep 21 2016, 09:08 PM

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but I really need to know how long is the hiring process? Because I received a call from HR saying I get a place in this particular company. The HR guy asked me to submit employment form yesterday. It is the same form I filled before the interview( the interview was 2 months ago)-which means I fill the form twice--is he just testing me by comparing the form?

Then today I receive no email/call from him. Is it too soon if I call him tomorrow or should I just wait till...? Btw the form does not contains position/salary offered. I'm worried if the position offered differ from what I have applied. Kindly advise. Thank you.

-Soon to be fresh grad.
+Quote Post
jyproduction
post Jan 10 2017, 01:14 PM
Group: New Member

QUOTE(cinderella00 @ Sep 21 2016, 09:08 PM)
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but I really need to know how long is the hiring process? Because I received a call from HR saying I get a place in this particular company. The HR guy asked me to submit employment form yesterday. It is the same form I filled before the interview( the interview was 2 months ago)-which means I fill the form twice--is he just testing me by comparing the form?

Then today I receive no email/call from him. Is it too soon if I call him tomorrow or should I just wait till...? Btw the form does not contains position/salary offered. I'm worried if the position offered differ from what I have applied. Kindly advise. Thank you.

-Soon to be fresh grad.
Hey,

You can try speaking to someone who has applied for the job before. I got some help from a mentor and found out what they asked during the interview smile.gif Here's the link to the website: FutureLab.my
+Quote Post
Khai Hasan
post Feb 14 2017, 04:01 PM
Group: New Member

Hye..i was looking for indian lady for position Data Processing Coordinator/Administration as per follow details:

- Diploma/Degree
- Fresh Graduate
- Basic RM 1.7-1.8
- Single Indian girl
- Credit in English & Math for SPM
- No candidate from HR / Accounts / Engineering background (Marine Engineering can be considered)
- Office at LRT pasar seni & LRT Asia Jaya
- Interested kindly sent CV to khaihasan.khr@gmail.com
icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
ad93
post Feb 28 2017, 02:01 AM

Currently quite hard to find a job. Degree in mechanical engineering is there any vacancies for fresh graduates?
+Quote Post
middleclass
post Mar 3 2017, 06:37 PM

QUOTE(ad93 @ Feb 28 2017, 02:01 AM)
Currently quite hard to find a job. Degree in mechanical engineering is there any vacancies for fresh graduates?
Which industry you applying? Manufacturing or property/construction?

this below might help you...

Event

Events
+Quote Post
ad93
post Mar 4 2017, 01:23 AM

QUOTE(middleclass @ Mar 3 2017, 06:37 PM)
Which industry you applying? Manufacturing or property/construction?

this below might help you...

Event
Events
manufacturing, actually more on technical, thanks i appreciate it
+Quote Post
mafa2801
post Mar 15 2017, 03:17 PM
On my way

QUOTE(ad93 @ Feb 28 2017, 02:01 AM)
Construction & Building
Manufacturing
Consultancy

Plenty...just dont demand..

Oil & Gas - LAST IN, FIRST TO GO OUT!

This post has been edited by mafa2801: Mar 15 2017, 03:17 PM
+Quote Post
ad93
post Mar 16 2017, 11:36 AM

Thanks
+Quote Post
FG123
post Mar 21 2017, 02:04 AM

deleted

This post has been edited by FG123: Mar 21 2017, 11:15 AM
+Quote Post
daimGeno
post Jun 15 2017, 04:00 PM
Getting Started

hi.. anyone familiar with IT Business Analyst role?

how is the current market for this position now?
+Quote Post
beeMay
post Jun 15 2017, 10:18 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(em0kia @ Aug 5 2016, 02:09 PM)
I truly agree with you.
Just that now I cant get a job in a good company because i have a pretty low skill..
I am working in creative field but in this company I am not allowed to get creative at all. They always ask me to copy this, copy that..i want exactly like this , etc..its encouraging me not to be creative, also not to mention the colleagues are bullies..i really regret work here..i feel like being conned by working here. Salary so-so, not much of lesson gained, nothing to add in my portfolio..
+Quote Post

14 Pages « < 12 13 14Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0768sec    1.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 03:08 AM