Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Recipes: Share them here, Recipes ONLY, no comments here. (Food)

views

stormlcc
post Nov 6 2014, 11:44 PM

I can't control my G-FORCE addiction!!!
1,950 posts

QUOTE(tinarhian @ Nov 6 2014, 10:35 PM)
I'm going to try this weekend. I read somewhere that its best to use overnight rice. Is this true?

Thanks.
any good quality rice (fresh or overnight) will do. using overnight rice is a good means to add a bit of firmness so it won't easily overcook and prevent wastage, but since we Asians almost always finish our rice in every meal, we tend to just use fresh rice.
tinarhian
post Nov 7 2014, 12:08 AM

Enthusiast
726 posts

QUOTE(stormlcc @ Nov 6 2014, 11:44 PM)
any good quality rice (fresh or overnight) will do.  using overnight rice is a good means to add a bit of firmness so it won't easily overcook and prevent wastage, but since we Asians almost always finish our rice in every meal, we tend to just use fresh rice.
OIC. Well, I don't finish my rice too. The leftovers I will give them to my dog. But I like the overnight rice compared to fresh rice when frying fried rice.

IDK, it give a certain flavour I guess.

Oh yeah, I don't know what type of Chinese rice wine to use. Never buy them before. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
stormlcc
post Nov 7 2014, 02:21 AM

1,950 posts

QUOTE(tinarhian @ Nov 7 2014, 12:08 AM)
OIC. Well, I don't finish my rice too. The leftovers I will give them to my dog. But I like the overnight rice compared to fresh rice when frying fried rice.

IDK, it give a certain flavour I guess. 

Oh yeah, I don't know what type of Chinese rice wine to use. Never buy them before. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
user posted image

any Shaoxing wine will do
tinarhian
post Nov 7 2014, 10:33 PM

Enthusiast
726 posts

QUOTE(stormlcc @ Nov 7 2014, 02:21 AM)
user posted image

any Shaoxing wine will do
So if I can't find that, will this do?

user posted image

user posted image

Wow, with this jar I can cook fried rice for the whole village man!
stormlcc
post Nov 8 2014, 02:56 AM

1,950 posts

QUOTE(tinarhian @ Nov 7 2014, 10:33 PM)
So if I can't find that, will this do?

user posted image

user posted image

Wow, with this jar I can cook fried rice for the whole village man!
i never tried it before. u don't have to use a lot of it, so i don't think there's a problem, give it a try
stormlcc
post Nov 28 2014, 11:42 PM

1,950 posts

Traditional Aglio e Olio Pasta

Portion for 4 people

Cooking Time (from preparation to completion) 30 minutes max for an amateur. For an experienced cook only 10-15 minutes is needed. If you exceed this time frame, you are doing something wrong! Remember: KEEP IT SIMPLE

Capelli d'angelo (a.k.a angel hair pasta) or Linguine (because these kinds of pasta will soak up the oil nicely)

8 cloves of garlic (basically 2 clove for each person), crushed and coarsely chopped

parsley (fresh or dried)

black pepper

chilli (I prefer fresh bird's eye chilli because they are hot and amazing but you can use any kind, even dried ones). For bird's eye chilli I will use 6 (basically around one and a half per person) but the amount depends on how hot you want this dish to be

extra virgin olive oil (the better the quality, the better this dish will taste. if you can afford premium, go for it)

grated Parmesan cheese (the better the quality, the better it will taste) (optional)

cooking method:

1) Prepare a pot of water and start to boil it.

2) When you are waiting for the water to boil (BEFORE putting in the pasta), start preparing your ingredients. Crush and chop the garlic. Finely chop your fresh parsley. Chop the chilli. Grate your cheese into a bowl or plate if you still have time (you can also grate it directly into the pasta after your it is done).

3) When the water is boiling, add salt to it, stir. Then add in the pasta. The amount of pasta will depend on personal experience, too much and your sauce is not enough, too little and you won't have enough to feed all your "customers". Usually one standard pack of pasta is enough for 4 people.

4) After you add in the pasta to the water, wait for 2 minutes, then heat up the pan, add in the olive oil (lots of it. for 4 people you will need around half an inch in a medium sized pan). With high heat, dump your garlic, dried parsley (if you are not using fresh ones), and chilli all in one go. Switch to LOW HEAT IMMEDIATELY because you don't want to burn the ingredients.

5) Add 4-5 teaspoon black pepper (to taste) and 1-2 teaspoon (to taste) of salt then stir for 1 minute

6) By this time your pasta should be ready (al dente), make sure to test it out by selecting one strand and chewing it. If it's still not ready yet, you can switch off the heat on the ingredients. If the pasta is ready but your ingredients are not, you can switch off the heat on the pasta. It takes some practice to time both sides correctly.

7a) When both sides are ready, make sure you have low heat on the ingredients pan, transfer the pasta (using a thong) directly to the ingredients (with pasta water dripping into the pan also, this is very important). Don't be afraid to transfer some pasta water also because the ingredients pan will easily dry out. Put in the fresh parsley. Use the thong to mix all the ingredients and oil with the pasta (still with lowest heat). Add some more pasta water and olive oil if it's too dry.

7b) If you are cooking for a big group of people and the pan is too small, do it the other way (transfer all the ingredients with the oil into the pasta pot after you have drained it, but don't drain all the water, leave some in there).

8) After everything has been mixed, switch off heat and transfer pasta portion by portion into separate plates and make sure they have equal amounts of ingredients especially the oil and garlic. Don't be lazy, this is an important step.

9) Add in the cheese. Add a tiny bit of black pepper on top. Then add some olive oil on top of that. Serve.

Important note: After the dish is done, the olive oil should be clear and gold coloured. The garlic should look almost raw / uncooked with a bit of gold colour and NOT brown.

This post has been edited by stormlcc: Dec 1 2014, 11:37 PM
WendyMe
post Dec 16 2014, 05:31 PM

4 posts

I have an apple tree in my backyard and so have a whole list of apple recipes which I keep trying out from time to time!
Here is one of my favorites - Apple Tartlets

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut puff pastry into 12 equally-sized squares and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Dip apple slices in lemonade and place diagonally onto each puff pastry square; top each with 1 pat butter. Sprinkle superfine sugar over each square.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tartlet edges are golden, about 12 minutes.
- Bring apricot jam to boil in a saucepan; cook and stir until jam is thinned, in around 1 to 2 minutes. Brush jam onto warm tartlets; sprinkle each with sugar crystals.

And you're done! rclxms.gif
rajnikan
post Dec 30 2014, 04:24 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(stormlcc @ Nov 8 2014, 02:56 AM)
i never tried it before.  u don't have to use a lot of it, so i don't think there's a problem, give it a try
wow, whats that dude? drool.gif
stormlcc
post Dec 31 2014, 09:09 AM

1,950 posts

QUOTE(rajnikan @ Dec 30 2014, 04:24 PM)
wow, whats that dude? drool.gif
it's chinese rice wine used for cooking
eggtart_wong
post Feb 5 2015, 02:38 PM

32 posts

Hi All!!! biggrin.gif I got a delicious recipe to share here which is one of my favourite too.

JAPANESE POTATO SALAD - (Serving for 2-3)

Ingredients

-4 Russet Potatoes
-1 Japanese Cucumber
-1 Canned of Corn
-5 Slices of Sandwich Chicken Ham
-Japanese Mayonnaise

Directions

1. Boil water in a pot and add salt.

2. While waiting for the water to boil, slice the japanese cucumber and add salt to the sliced cucumber to release the moisture out.

3. Diced the sandwich chicken ham and leave aside. (usually, I prefer my ham to be crispy so I will put in the microwave to cook it for about 2 minutes)

4. Put the potatoes in the boiling water with salt.

5. Once potatoes are cooked, take the potatoes out & in a separate bowl, mash the potatoes with a fork. Make sure to leave some potatoes chunks and not to over-mash the potatoes. Light mash will do.

6. Season the mash potatoes with salt and pepper.

7. Squeeze the excess water out from the japanese cucumber and add it to the mash potatoes.

8. Also add in ham and corn and toss till even.

9. Squeeze in generous amount of japanese mayonnaise and mix around.

10. VOILA!! you are done....way to nommss.......

**you may add in hard boil egg too if you like**

Miracle88
post Mar 31 2015, 11:19 PM

1 posts

Anyone know any dessert that does not require oven/microwave? I wish to make a dessert for my special one laugh.gif
stormlcc
post Apr 1 2015, 09:56 PM

1,950 posts

QUOTE(Miracle88 @ Mar 31 2015, 11:19 PM)
Anyone know any dessert that does not require oven/microwave? I wish to make a dessert for my special one  laugh.gif
tiramisu

but u have to practice a lot to make it right or else it'll be disgusting, and u HAVE to use Kahlua
sheila92lala
post Apr 25 2015, 04:17 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(shadowprincess @ May 5 2005, 10:46 AM)
three flavour chicken wings
user posted image

delicious dish... OMG.. you haf got to try this recipe out.... u owe it to yourself to...

6-7 pieces chicken wings
oil
3 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
1 tbsp ginger (grated or chopped finely)
a handful of frozen corn
1 carrot (chopped)
1 red bell pepper / capsicum (chopped)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet black sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp plum sauce
chopped fresh corriander leaves

--------------------------------------------------
remove and discard the tip from each chicekn wing and cut wings in half at the joint

cook chicken in a large pot of boiling water, uncovered, for about 10 mins... or until cooked. drain.

heat some oil in a frying pan or wok; stir fry chicken with garlic and ginger for some time until fragrant. remove from pan and onto plate.

heat some more oil in the same wok; stir fry carrot, red bell pepper and corn until tender... leave it longer if u like the vegies to be LESS crunchy... (i cant stand crunchy vegies..well.. other than a few lar..depends)

return the chicken into the wok with the veggies, stir fry for a bit.... then add the sauces (i suggest you measure out all the sauces into one bowl then later just pour out the whole contents of the bowl)... toss untill sauce boils.

serve chicken with the chopped coriander leaves... best to eat with rice...
WHAT IS SWEET BLACK SAUCE?? I Wanna try this

craftsnknots
post Apr 27 2015, 09:55 AM

On my way
577 posts

QUOTE(sheila92lala @ Apr 25 2015, 05:17 PM)
WHAT IS SWEET BLACK SAUCE?? I Wanna try this
Sweet black sauce is dark soy sauce...Kicap pekat manis
pacmann
post May 8 2015, 03:03 PM

9 posts

Anyone know any dessert that does not require oven/microwave? I wish to make a dessert for my special oneĀ  laugh.gif
no bake cheesecake?
-lemon cheesecake
-chocolate peanut butter cheesecake?

and oh, ice-cream cakes , probably make a base of oreo biscuits without the cream in springform pan, then pour in slightly soften icecream into it and freeze it. maybe you can add in some liquor heh

or if you want something healthier, freeze bananas, or berries or any fruits, then blend everything and add toppings such as berries and nuts

This post has been edited by pacmann: May 8 2015, 03:11 PM
iKen
post May 9 2015, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

Anyone know any dessert that does not require oven/microwave? I wish to make a dessert for my special oneĀ  laugh.gif
I've made a few simple ones like Steamed Chocolate Cake and Steamed Egg Cake.
Personally my family like the Chocolate Cake more... Haha. biggrin.gif
Their ingredients and baking steps can be found Steamed Choc Cake and Steamed Egg Cake.

Hope it gives you some idea rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by iKen: May 10 2015, 07:19 PM
EternalC
post Jul 2 2015, 02:25 PM

Take what you can, give nothing back
824 posts

hhhnnggghhhh help i'm getting fatter
Melton
post Sep 15 2015, 11:57 AM

Validating
38 posts

A-B-C SOUP

I learned this in Australia from my father. The cooking method and ingredients might not be available in Malaysia. It is very easy.

Preparation for 4 serves

800 gm of American ribs
3 white onions
3 washed potatoes
3 carrots
4 tomatoes

Cut onions, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes into slices.
Put ribs and vegies into the Pressure Cooker, and add 10 cups of water (or the Max level)
Cook for 33 minutes ( Soup menu)
Ventilate the pressure cooker, then adds 4 teaspoons of salt.
Cook for another 33 minutes ( Soup menu)
Ready to serve!

Each preparation costs me about A$25.
mrjeremy
post Jan 13 2016, 11:57 AM

0 posts

Nyonya Curry Noodles! One of my favourites and really delicious from www.icookasia.com. They have a lot of other recipes with videos so check them out also!

Ingredients:

Yellow Noodles (500 gram)

Chicken Curry Powder (4 tbsp)

Chili Paste (1 1/2 tbsp)

Onion (1/2 )

Garlic (2 cloves)

Dried tamarind (2 pieces)

Curry Leaves ( sufficient)

Fish balls (1/2 packet)

Cockles - blanched on hot water (1/2 cups)

Coconut milk (2 cups)

Water (1 cup)

Cinnamon Stick (1 )

Star Anise (2 )

Chicken -cut into small pieces (1/4 )

Soft tofu (8 )

Salt To Taste ( )

Steps:

First, add onions and garlic with a little bit of water in a blender . Blend coarsely.

Heat some oil in a pan , saute the cinnamon sticks with star anise and curry leaves until fragrant .

Later, add the blended onion and garlic and let it simmer for a while . Add chilli paste and saute until crisp , or until oil separates.

Next, add the curry powder that was mixed with a bit of water and stir well. Then add the chicken , coconut milk, fish balls , dried tamarind , water , half of the cockles, salt and soft tofu . Leave it to boil while stirring constantly.

Serve the noodles with the curry gravy , cockles , fried onions, egg , bean sprouts , and spinach.

Nyonya Curry Noodle is ready to be served. Give this recipe a try!
mrjeremy
post Jan 13 2016, 11:59 AM

0 posts

Samosa recipe. Visit www.icookasia.com for more. This is like a snack very delicious.

Ingredients:

Potatoes (1/2 )

Minced Meat (150 gram)

Onion (Chopped) (1 )

Green Beans (3 tbsp)

Masala Salt (2 tsp)

Coriander Powder (2 tsp)

Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)

Ginger (1 tbsp)

Coriander Leaves (4 tbsp)

Oil For Frying (2 tbsp)

A Bit Of Salt ( )

Spring Rolls Skins ( )

Oil For Frying ( )

Corn Flour (1 tsp)

Steps:

irst, dice and boil the potatoes.

After that, heat the oil in a pan, saute the onion and ginger until fragrant. Put the meat and let it cook. Then sprinkle turmeric powder, coriander powder, masala salt and green beans. Mix evenly.

Then add the boiled potatoes and coriander leaves. Add a bit of salt if necessary.

Take one piece of spring roll skin, divide into 3 parts. Fold into a triangle shape. Add the filling and stick the edges with corn flour water. Use 2 layers to avoid samosa from breaking.

Finally fry with oil in medium heat. Remove once its cooked. Samosa is ready to be served.

21 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0397sec    3.84    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 05:49 PM