Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

71 Pages « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cover Letters / Resume (CVs), One Stop For ALL

views

tongkualongan
post Jul 20 2017, 12:52 AM

23 posts

hi guys , after working in the corporate world for the past 14 years for top MNCs around the globe(US, Canada, Europe and Singapore), I am toying with the idea to start a resume writing services, specifically for folks who want to venture and explore jobs opportunities in Singapore.

I am in the HR field for the last 14 years and I have strong contacts with a number of Singapore boutique recruiters all the way to MNCs in house recruiters .

Will you guys engage such service whereby not only your CV will be vet, fed-back and enhanced, it will also be placed in front of Singapore recruiters in their respective verticals (Fintech, Tech , Hospitality, HR , Finance, Banking, O&G etc)

drop me a note if you are keen on such services. support@clearadvant.com

thanks all! smile.gif

fanthor
post Jul 24 2017, 10:02 PM

13 posts

Can someone help review my resume?

I got work as an ACCA student at a huge hospitality/gambling company, but resigned to finish my exams.

I no longer get any calls(from worthwhile companies, its usually just small companies offering me rm2500 for a 2-3man job)(money is not an issue but if they're paying that low for a jobscope like that, 99% of the times the previous employee fucked things up)

https://www.docdroid.net/NajiRS2/resume-john-john.pdf

Disclaimer : Im not fluent in mandarin, its actually Malay.

At this point I'm contemplating to just remove work experience and get into trainee programs as an acca fresh grad
daylight_dancer
post Jul 24 2017, 10:09 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(rae0724 @ Apr 4 2017, 02:51 PM)
Hi, I got something to ask.
I studied in Taylor's and I graduated the program with two cert from Taylor's and another uni in UK
which I studied the programme by two school(?) and my results were evaluated by two school included Taylor's and the UNI in UK
when i write resume, how should i address it?
Like this:

2010-2013: BA (major here)- Taylor's University (dual award by Uni X, UK)

e.g:

2010-2013: BA (Communication- Broadcast Journalism)- Taylor's University (dual award by Hertfordshire University, UK)
daylight_dancer
post Jul 24 2017, 10:12 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(kahkig_Jobvalley @ Jan 20 2017, 07:43 AM)
Hi,

This is 1 sample resume you can refer with. It is specially tailored in certain format to capture the attention of employers.
You can create 1 for Free at the website.
Hope it helps. ^^
[attachmentid=8421286]
The grammar & syntax need HEAVY editing la bro.

Anyone who sends me a cover letter + resume with grammar mistakes, I discard immediately. Especially since we work a lot with the UK/ US/ Canadian counterparts.

Some of my colleagues make quite a number of mistakes. I'd get emails from my now ex-bosses to fix their grammar. Aduii.
tongkualongan
post Jul 24 2017, 11:16 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(fanthor @ Jul 24 2017, 08:02 AM)
Can someone help review my resume?

I got work as an ACCA student at a huge hospitality/gambling company, but resigned to finish my exams.

I no longer get any calls(from worthwhile companies, its usually just small companies offering me rm2500 for a 2-3man job)(money is not an issue but if they're paying that low for a jobscope like that, 99% of the times the previous employee fucked things up)
https://www.docdroid.net/NajiRS2/resume-john-john.pdf

Disclaimer : Im not fluent in mandarin, its actually Malay.
At this point I'm contemplating to just remove work experience and get into trainee programs as an acca fresh grad
why not find the job you want to apply, look at their job description... tailored your resume to their job description with real experience that you can circle/match back to each line of the Job Description

Also put important achievement first , then the mundane ones. eg. put your process structuring experience (and save how many dollars ) 1st line , then only the repetitive commontask. Reconciliation is also an important one . did you also have experience managinh your stakeholders expectation ?

cheers,

TKL
fanthor
post Jul 25 2017, 03:27 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(tongkualongan @ Jul 24 2017, 11:16 PM)
why not find the job you want to apply,  look at their job description... tailored your resume to their job description with real experience that you can circle/match back to each line of the Job Description

How do you do that in jobstreet? Upload a different resume each time before applying to a new ad?

Also put important achievement first , then the mundane ones. eg. put your process structuring experience (and save how many dollars ) 1st line , then only the repetitive commontask.  Reconciliation is also an important one . 
• Played an active role in the restructuring process of the whole finance department, directly liaising to the finance manager and assistant Vice-president as one of the representatives
• Major achievement: Detected a RM20,000 deficit in a hotel’s cash from food revenue over a month that happened due to a system bug, and subsequently worked together with the bank to regain the money for the company
• Used Excel’s various tools to shorten a work that took a previous worker half a day, down to one hour
• Provided daily reconciliations for hospitality and food revenue to various payments
• Tracked all credit cards and online payments for the various hotels belonging to Genting

Would this be better?

did you also have experience managinh your stakeholders expectation ?

I do have experience in performing refunds for grievance and fraud cases, So i guess it can be argued for customers satisfaction but its pretty minor compared to my jobscope, I only do it maybe 1 day per month.

Should i put it in?
rae0724
post Jul 25 2017, 03:17 PM

On my way
681 posts

QUOTE(daylight_dancer @ Jul 24 2017, 10:09 PM)
Like this:

2010-2013: BA (major here)- Taylor's University (dual award by Uni X, UK)

e.g:

2010-2013: BA (Communication- Broadcast Journalism)- Taylor's University (dual award by Hertfordshire University, UK)
Oh.. I see ..
Thank you for helping ^^
BreakYourLimit
post Jul 27 2017, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Anyone here care to review my resume? Appreciate greatly.

Thank you so much!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  My_Resume_CV__Review.pdf ( 162.94k ) Number of downloads: 415
Jace88
post Jul 28 2017, 09:26 AM

17 posts

Those looking for jobs in SG, you may want to join Line Group - http://line.me/ti/g/XcXR0VIljH
Pinnacle1295
post Aug 21 2017, 09:27 PM

Casual
418 posts

Need some advice/help.

I graduated with a Diploma in Civil Engineering from FIT (Federal Institute of Technology), Cheras in 1989. However my original diploma was destroyed during a fire incident to my site office.

My question: Is it possible to get a copy of the Diploma from FIT? Problem is I am not sure whether FIT still exist as I was told that they have "close shop" & taken over by UCSI. Assuming FIT has "close shop", can anyone suggest a way of getting a copy of the Diploma?

Thanks for any advice.

alex31k
post Oct 16 2017, 08:56 PM

1 posts

A cover letter is simply that. A letter that you write and attach, send along with, your CV that both literally and figuratively "covers" your resume. Literally, the letter covers your resume/CV, because it is placed in front of/on top of the CV. Figuratively the cover letter "covers" what you want the prospective employer to know about you, your qualfications and experience, what you are looking for in a job and how your background and experience qualify you for the position they are looking to fill.

My cover letters pretty much address:

1. Why I'm writing the letter.
2. What I can do for you.
3. Why I want to work for you.

There are many examples of cover letters on the web. There are also several books available on writing cover letters and how to write the best one for each situation. A cover letter is very important in making a first impression.

I highly recommend that you go here: http://ask4essay.com/how-to-write-a-cover-...or-a-first-job/ for cover-letter advice.

mrnorthabaffy
post Dec 15 2017, 12:04 AM

6 posts

Hi, I'm still new here and read your post. really great advice. thank you.
mrnorthabaffy
post Dec 16 2017, 12:31 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Nov 9 2004, 09:20 PM)
Something always bothers me, I'm a fresh grad and from a fresh grad, I will becoming a fresher grad later on ... I have no relevant work experience and I feel too stupid to write all my extra-curricular activities on my resume.

The problem is ... my resume is so blank that I don't even feel wanna look at it, not to say the others will consider me for any position.
Did you do internship program? That can be placed in your resume.
comtruce
post Jan 15 2018, 12:20 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(BreakYourLimit @ Jul 27 2017, 05:57 PM)
Anyone here care to review my resume? Appreciate greatly.

Thank you so much!
I know I am replying to an old post, but I think this might help newcomers looking at this thread.

First off there is way too much free space. Reduce the font size, choose a different font that takes up less space, and cut out all the blank space between the sections.

Second, there is too much detail. Stick to 3 or 4 bullet points for each position at work or school. Summarise and cut anything unnecessary. Show only what you think will impress the hiring manager - anything else can go in the cover letter.

Third, rephrase your bullet points to highlight the skills that you used or learned in the role. Nobody cares that you read some incoming emails, but it will be useful to know that you are able to handle open-ended problems and work as a team to solve client concerns. Spin your story to highlight your strengths.

Lastly, don't include your photo! If you are too ugly then you won't be considered, and if you are too good looking then you might not be considered. There is really no benefit to including a photo.

For reference you can check out Harvard's CV guide:

https://ocs.fas.harvard.edu/files/ocs/files...etter-guide.pdf

This post has been edited by comtruce: Jan 15 2018, 12:22 PM
Blue.Army
post Jan 19 2018, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

we dont have to put our photo in CV right? now I know why I cant even land a job laugh.gif
Zavia/GenX
post Jan 22 2018, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
273 posts

QUOTE(Pinnacle1295 @ Aug 21 2017, 09:27 PM)
Need some advice/help.

I graduated with a Diploma in Civil Engineering from FIT (Federal Institute of Technology), Cheras in 1989. However my original diploma was destroyed during a fire incident to my site office.

My question: Is it possible to get a copy of the Diploma from FIT? Problem is I am not sure whether FIT still exist as I was told that they have "close shop" & taken over by UCSI. Assuming FIT has "close shop", can anyone suggest a way of getting a copy of the Diploma?

Thanks for any advice.
I dont know about your FIT, but try saja. Also, why is your original diploma in your site office? At home or in safe deposit box la.(which also can kena fire, but still)
Worse case, go to your previous employers and ask if they still have your file on hand, ask for the copy of diploma that is ctc already. Hope you didnt burn bridges!

QUOTE(Blue.Army @ Jan 19 2018, 03:30 PM)
we dont have to put our photo in CV right? now I know why I cant even land a job  laugh.gif

No, not necessary. It can help, but most of the time not really. I personally try not to look at the pic cos takut will judge (this guy look like apek, this one looks retarded, this one smile weird, ooo hot chick!) and influence the resume-screening side but I appreciate that its there, you know?

Unless ur in the creative industry or similar, avoid non-formal clothes, uncovered tatoos, multicolored hair and too many piercings in the pic. If you have "face" issues, have someone good with the camera to take a good formal pic, they will know what to do. The idea is to be invited to the interview, thats where you can show yourself.
selipar_cunz
post Jan 24 2018, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

Hi,

Should we include a temporary/part-time job on our resume?
BreakYourLimit
post Jan 25 2018, 12:12 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(selipar_cunz @ Jan 24 2018, 01:44 PM)
Hi,

Should we include a temporary/part-time job on our resume?
Not necessary. List those which you thought worthy enough for HR review.

selipar_cunz
post Jan 25 2018, 12:14 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(BreakYourLimit @ Jan 25 2018, 12:12 AM)
Not necessary. List those which you thought worthy enough for HR review.
Thanks for your reply..
But when I ask the same question to recruiter & career advisor.. their answer is different.. they will ask to list down all jobs includes part time positions..

Very confusing. Hehe
BreakYourLimit
post Jan 25 2018, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(selipar_cunz @ Jan 25 2018, 12:14 PM)
Thanks for your reply..
But when I ask the same question to recruiter & career advisor.. their answer is different.. they will ask to list down all jobs includes part time positions..

Very confusing. Hehe
If you applying full time job for the first time only, you list out the part-time job(s) that's fit for the full time job you applying.

Since once you have few years of full time job experience, part time job scopes are not necessary in your resume anymore.
Since it will create a lengthy resume, and HR will not likely to take read the part time job(s). Some HR with bad temper will straight away skip your resume...

71 Pages « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM