71 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cover Letters / Resume (CVs), One Stop For ALL

views

MasBoleh!
post Jan 30 2018, 12:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

Anyone care to review my Resume? I will pm..

Thank you
selipar_cunz
post Feb 3 2018, 07:58 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(BreakYourLimit @ Jan 25 2018, 01:10 PM)
If you applying full time job for the first time only, you list out the part-time job(s) that's fit for the full time job you applying.

Since once you have few years of full time job experience, part time job scopes are not necessary in your resume anymore.
Since it will create a lengthy resume, and HR will not likely to take read the part time job(s). Some HR with bad temper will straight away skip your resume...
Understand. Thank you so much for your tips..
zlancerz
post Feb 6 2018, 08:38 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(Kii @ May 13 2005, 09:27 PM)
Important tips for freshie!! Make your resume just one page length. You don't have to brag about your academics and activities. Trust me, they don't have time to look through all that.
Just a brief resume(but not too brief la) and attach your smart photo, enough!  90% depends on the job interview.
agree, they will see your academics first and experiences second. if both good they won't see the rest cool2.gif
DoomCognition
post Feb 13 2018, 07:23 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(Nina88 @ Feb 13 2018, 01:50 PM)
What a huge thread here smile.gif I guess each CV for each company must differ, one shouldn't send the same resume to different companies, be original and try to meet specific client's needs. CVs bigger than two A4 sheets in general won't be fully reviewed, just like ones with mistakes or written in unappropriate language. Resume samples might be very helpful as I personally used a professional template and was successfully hired.
You will be surprised that it is not the number of pages that matter, but the content of your CV. My CV is more than 3 pages long and very compact, and it broke almost all of the 'rules' of CV writing. No picture, completely off format when compared to typical CVs, and no intro like 'I am a person who likes yada yada yada....'.

There has only been 1 person who ever mentioned that my CV is very long, everyone else has been quite impressed. So no, # of pages don't really matter if you know what you're on to.

This post has been edited by DoomCognition: Feb 13 2018, 07:26 PM
DoomCognition
post Feb 13 2018, 10:24 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(Nina88 @ Feb 13 2018, 09:33 PM)
Hmm .. May be you're right! It is just widespread opinion that employers don't like reading long CV's
The employer don't like to read long CVs without substance. Every point on the CV has to either deliver a point in the shortest possible form, or elaborate on the point above if you think a one liner does not do justice to the work you have done. If you have done much, don't be afraid to go long.
neekitapatel
post Feb 14 2018, 01:23 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Nov 9 2004, 09:20 PM)
Something always bothers me, I'm a fresh grad and from a fresh grad, I will becoming a fresher grad later on ... I have no relevant work experience and I feel too stupid to write all my extra-curricular activities on my resume.

The problem is ... my resume is so blank that I don't even feel wanna look at it, not to say the others will consider me for any position.
Hey I think you just need to learn how to sell yourself really. It doesn't matter that you don't have work experience. Instead focus on your extra-curricular, skills & passion and see how you can sell yourself through it. There is a platform called FutureLab that I have been using to get advice on my resume. Why don't you check it out and see if it can be of any help? Here's the link: https://goo.gl/XWtPxd
p4n6
post Feb 19 2018, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(neekitapatel @ Feb 14 2018, 01:23 PM)
Hey I think you just need to learn how to sell yourself really. It doesn't matter that you don't have work experience. Instead focus on your extra-curricular, skills & passion and see how you can sell yourself through it. There is a platform called FutureLab that I have been using to get advice on my resume. Why don't you check it out and see if it can be of any help? Here's the link: https://goo.gl/XWtPxd
Bro, where were you 14 years ago when I need you the most ...
Malta
post Feb 26 2018, 05:18 PM

29 posts

Hi guys, I notice that most job application form require us to write at least 2 referral person name and contact. Do we really have to write the person within our department or it can be any other person?
BreakYourLimit
post Mar 9 2018, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(Malta @ Feb 26 2018, 05:18 PM)
Hi guys, I notice that most job application form require us to write at least 2 referral person name and contact. Do we really have to write the person within our department or it can be any other person?
Usually is to write your department manager name and contact. Is has to be someone related and superior which in charge of you.

It's for HR background check purpose. Most likely.
bluemouse
post Apr 14 2018, 11:36 AM

11 posts

References are optional. If asked, give.

References are basically your boss, and/or your client. You can put your colleague if you've been working with him closely for some times.

If employer calls your reference, they will ask about you, your work, your attitude, etc. This is why you should never put your friend/family as references because they don't know your work.

E: Good morning Mr R, do you know Mr A?
R: Yes
E: Can you tell me about projects that A has been working in the last few months
R: Project? What project? He's my son/uni friend/housemate
E: (hang up the phone)

This is also why you should tell your current boss that you're currently looking for another job. Ask your current boss if he's willing to refer you.

E: He's currently applying for a job in our company, can you tell me about his skills and attitudes?
R: What? He's applying for other job? (hang up the phone)

youjing91
post Aug 8 2018, 09:45 AM

14 posts

Here is a few overused buzzwords that you should not use in your resume. For example using the term hard-working may not be as impactful as it used to be.

https://www.jobstore.com/careers-blog/2017/...nt-want-to-see/

Cheers!
wokies
post Oct 17 2018, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

I would like to ask opinion on what to put at career summary section in resume. I did read some example and suggestion online. Most of them suggested to put some sort of percentage of cost saving, reduction, some value to show your achievement like cutting production cost by 30%, reduce downtime by 20%, etc

Problem is i never did report or keep data for something like this. i did made improvement like introducing work flow, procedure and documentation for ISO, but never calculated how much positive impact it gave to company..

myroy
post Nov 14 2018, 03:05 PM

BIG BOSS
1,195 posts

can i put my client name on my project list at linked in profile?
gta
post Nov 19 2018, 04:50 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(wokies @ Oct 17 2018, 11:55 AM)
I would like to ask opinion on what to put at career summary section in resume. I did read some example and suggestion online. Most of them suggested to put some sort of percentage of cost saving, reduction, some value to show your achievement like cutting production cost by 30%, reduce downtime by 20%, etc

Problem is i never did report or keep data for something like this. i did made improvement like introducing work flow, procedure and documentation for ISO, but never calculated how much positive impact it gave to company..
Hi, you can mention how you value add to the project and mention the worth of the project, eg, Managed ........ for a $100 million project.
eddie2020
post Dec 25 2018, 03:57 AM

Trusted
3,083 posts

QUOTE(bluemouse @ Apr 14 2018, 11:36 AM)
References are optional. If asked, give.

References are basically your boss, and/or your client. You can put your colleague if you've been working with him closely for some times.

If employer calls your reference, they will ask about you, your work, your attitude, etc. This is why you should never put your friend/family as references because they don't know your work.

E: Can you tell me about projects that A has been working in the last few months
R: Project? What project? He's my son/uni friend/housemate
E: (hang up the phone)

This is also why you should tell your current boss that you're currently looking for another job. Ask your current boss if he's willing to refer you.

E: He's currently applying for a job in our company, can you tell me about his skills and attitudes?
R: What? He's applying for other job? (hang up the phone)
If yours boss not considerate or don't want you to leave he sure said bad so you won't get hire?
youjing91
post Jan 10 2019, 01:58 PM

14 posts

Using these tips and you can tailor your resume to ensure it has maximum appeal to any job you apply for. https://www.jobstore.com/careers-blog/2019/...c-job-position/ happy.gif

This post has been edited by youjing91: Jan 10 2019, 01:58 PM
SUSDachshund
post Jan 31 2019, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Hi All want to share my 2 cents.

My resume landed me to interviews with the likes of McKinsey, AT.Kearney, BCG, Roland Berger, BIG4s, Investment Banks, Accenture, Bank Negara (basically management consulting and investment banking)

I would gladly help anyone who is looking to brush up their cover letter and CV. But you must have content to start with (experience).

Cheers.
lowyatjobseeking
post Feb 12 2019, 06:28 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(Dachshund @ Jan 31 2019, 05:01 PM)
Hi All want to share my 2 cents.

My resume landed me to interviews with the likes of McKinsey, AT.Kearney, BCG, Roland Berger, BIG4s, Investment Banks, Accenture, Bank Negara (basically management consulting and investment banking)

I would gladly help anyone who is looking to brush up their cover letter and CV. But you must have content to start with (experience).

Cheers.
Mine sharing a redacted or a skeleton version of it? Just want to see how you structured it.
l4nc3k
post Feb 18 2019, 05:33 PM

Nerd
968 posts

For referral section is it appropriate if I put my ex-superior from work more than a year ago? (Ex-boss still same company and same position but I moved to another company).
Because my current workplace superior already changed twice within a year.. and not in good relationship with current superior.
tankhunter
post Feb 20 2019, 10:44 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(l4nc3k @ Feb 18 2019, 05:33 PM)
For referral section is it appropriate if I put my ex-superior from work more than a year ago? (Ex-boss still same company and same position but I moved to another company).
Because my current workplace superior already changed twice within a year.. and not in good relationship with current superior.
Its only appropriate if you ask him first if he can be your reference. Ideally anyone who you have worked for that you are confident they will give a positive or balanced assessment of your work ethic and character.

71 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0288sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:13 AM