Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

L.Torreira
post Aug 21 2020, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Aug 9 2020, 09:54 PM)
15 days across europe and spent about 15k with comfort stays+flight+transport+food+abit shopping
Worth it?yes but of course wish myr can go higher in future
My recommendation is to go to Turkey now. Their Turkey Lira depreciates very deep so their foods etc must be super cheap and holiday like a king there
KSMMA
post Aug 21 2020, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

all the time

life without travelling is no life at all
alvinboey
post Aug 21 2020, 11:51 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(L.Torreira @ Aug 21 2020, 10:18 AM)
I don't enjoy Japan so will not go back again to Japan. But my mission is to explore different countries except Bali is exceptionally to be missed
why bali ? also why turkey >.< mom went there all she took was many diff pic of stones..which they look somewhat similar..then didnt get to sit hot air baloon cause of i dunno what reason close..but this was last year or 2 years ago la..
ive not been to turkey but in my head all that pop up are stones....there was once a friend's friend dropby while we had dinner to pass like souvenir and he just got back from turkey..
i didnt know him but i asked how was the stones n he just started laughing >.<
L.Torreira
post Aug 22 2020, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(alvinboey @ Aug 21 2020, 11:51 AM)
why bali ? also why turkey >.< mom went there all she took was many diff pic of stones..which they look somewhat similar..then didnt get to sit hot air baloon causeĀ  of i dunno what reason close..but this was last year or 2 years ago la..
ive not been to turkey but in my head all that pop up are stones....there was once a friend's friend dropby while we had dinner to pass like souvenir and he just got back from turkey..
oh I like historical and cultural places. like in Japan I only enjoy Kyoto than other places. why Bali? coz one stop living place. everything is near and accessible there. want beach. mountain, historical, cultural, farm, adventure, water sport, diving, malls everything got. why turkey? everything is cheap there and many historical places I can learn. the view also very good. go pamukkale hot spring, bosporus view. not just stones. stones I only go selcuk

This post has been edited by L.Torreira: Aug 22 2020, 12:00 PM
xpole
post Aug 23 2020, 11:39 AM

Personal satisfaction
1,027 posts

QUOTE(deyamato @ May 28 2020, 04:48 PM)
1 week in iceland, home stay, food and accommodation.
Is it enough time going to Iceland for 1 week?
rara_bella
post Aug 24 2020, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

depends on destination..
if Europe/US for sure 10k at least.. so it's ok la..
if SEA only no way ler i'm going to spend 10k haha
Koranshita
post Aug 25 2020, 01:18 PM

28 posts

If my saving have X5 and more of the 10k then I will spend it.
kidmad
post Aug 25 2020, 01:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,693 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jan 14 2010, 03:03 PM)
Traveling around MY is fine as it's cheap. But what about going to US or UK or Japan and other countries. Those are expensive.

So, are you willing to spend 10k (for you and your partner) to go traveling? Because that 10k is for airplane ticket, hotel lodging, traveling fees, tickets and food only. That means 10k just gone like that.

For some people it is worth it but for some you get nothing (tangible) in the end.

Discuss....
NZ so far is the most i've spent.. RM25k 2 pax for 15 days trip..
It's even more expensive when compared to my EU trip to 3 different countries.

And it's worth it. what you experience can never be bought with that RM10k or RM20k. What's money's worth to you in the end?

This post has been edited by kidmad: Aug 25 2020, 01:22 PM
alvinboey
post Sep 1 2020, 04:49 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(alvinboey @ Aug 21 2020, 11:51 AM)
why bali ? also why turkey >.< mom went there all she took was many diff pic of stones..which they look somewhat similar..then didnt get to sit hot air baloon cause  of i dunno what reason close..but this was last year or 2 years ago la..
true..sigh but now we're stuck..random question have u visited our local historical places?
i personally nvr been but when go out of the country will sweat.gif
cc980024
post Sep 10 2020, 11:22 AM

Casual
472 posts

Holiday highly dependable on your financial capability. I remember n-years ago, hearing ppl go Japan is like a big deal as most of the time heard it cost RM7-8K (no budget airline era). And London Bridge is just a song to sing.. dream also cannot reach there. Hahaha..

Due to that .. n-years back we went to Phuket almost every year (cheap and no pinch my pocket). Until Japan tsunami where their currency badly hit. Daringly bring my 4yr old and hubby go there spend RM7K for 4days trip .. can't believe that was my katak bawah tempurung first time to Japan. But do realize save more from small nearby travel..then go for a big expensive trip worth it.

Then on.. we went Japan like every 2-3 years once.. already been there 4x. Last trip (2 years ago) spent RM45K (3ppl) DIY 15days Tokyo-Hokkaido-Osaka. Then also spent RM22K on 10days UK trip (2ppl). It become annual travel.. badan itchy if stay put too long. So this year very kesian.. cuti-cuti Malaysia not enough to settle my urge as I prefer cold weather places. We by right have a trip last June to Perth but Covid got it defer.

For DIY, mine is on the pricier side. As we don't stay AirBnB and my son needs a bed himself even when he was small child. Now even more pricey.. as he become teenager.. eat alot!

This post has been edited by cc980024: Sep 10 2020, 11:26 AM
Arsenal21
post Sep 15 2020, 05:45 PM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jan 14 2010, 03:03 PM)
Traveling around MY is fine as it's cheap. But what about going to US or UK or Japan and other countries. Those are expensive.

So, are you willing to spend 10k (for you and your partner) to go traveling? Because that 10k is for airplane ticket, hotel lodging, traveling fees, tickets and food only. That means 10k just gone like that.

For some people it is worth it but for some you get nothing (tangible) in the end.

Discuss....
Willing to spend the money, after that, work hard to cover back the money
metalfire
post Sep 15 2020, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

got people go HK Disneyland, stay 1n in Disneyland hotel and another 4d3n in HK also cost more than RM15k, come back MY like nothing. So 10k sap sap sui la...move along now.
yolo1990
post Sep 15 2020, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

If I go on vacations, I'm willing to spend. Rent car, stay in 4-5 star hotels, go for 2-3weeks, without any planning. wake up every morning only decide where do or drive to another town. Book last min hotel because i don't know where i will end up. If im going to cheap out then I rather don't go. stay in malaysia.
That's just me la. Im not the smartest person here, that's why im stupid with my money.
subliminal_dreams P
post Sep 16 2020, 03:39 PM

Probation
28 posts

QUOTE(L.Torreira @ Aug 21 2020, 10:21 AM)
My recommendation is to go to Turkey now. Their Turkey Lira depreciates very deep so their foods etc must be super cheap and holiday like a king there
This is not necessarily true, most of the touristy places including hotels are priced in euros. And even though the lira is tanking, inflation is driving prices up. It's still a nice place to visit though.
subliminal_dreams P
post Sep 16 2020, 03:43 PM

Probation
28 posts

QUOTE(yolo1990 @ Sep 15 2020, 06:14 PM)
If I go on vacations, I'm willing to spend. Rent car, stay in 4-5 star hotels, go for 2-3weeks, without any planning. wake up every morning only decide where do or drive to another town. Book last min hotel because i don't know where i will end up. If im going to cheap out then I rather don't go. stay in malaysia.
That's just me la. Im not the smartest person here, that's why im stupid with my money.
I was, or perhaps still, the same. It's the whole experience, something you can't really factor in rationally with money. I can't fathom how people willing to fly to foreign lands but skimp on food, surviving on maggi or biscuits... but I guess to each his/her own.
L.Torreira
post Sep 16 2020, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(subliminal_dreams @ Sep 16 2020, 03:39 PM)
This is not necessarily true, most of the touristy places including hotels are priced in euros. And even though the lira is tanking, inflation is driving prices up. It's still a nice place to visit though.
my friend just gone there. very cheap. eating is like nasi kandar price. hotel cheap just check traveloka Hilton even 200 ringgit only

17 Pages « < 15 16 17Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0221sec    1.04    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th September 2020 - 02:51 PM