Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tips and Tricks for Mass Gaining, Tips and Physique Friendly Recipes :)

views

zamnrul
post Jul 7 2017, 03:31 PM

Casual
407 posts

QUOTE(lee90 @ Jul 1 2017, 10:22 PM)
Any side effect on this megataur mass gainer? saw a lot comment saying it could help to gain 10kg weight in a month, it sounds a bit exaggerated to me. Couldn't find much information or review on this product also. is it a new product? Thanks
till now im using this product...this one quite fast if u skinny
Mark68
post Jan 12 2018, 10:22 AM

4 posts

Pavel Tsatsouline's commando routine is IMO the best mass routine in existence.
gonzalo20
post Feb 7 2018, 03:51 PM

Cuckoo Agent
927 posts

i'm skinny. currently still cannot decide if whey protein or mass gainer should i take. I want to build more muscle but not to be a bulky guys. My height is around 172 cm and my weight is 66 kg. What should i consume whey protein or mass gainer? TQ.
leong5099
post Mar 14 2018, 03:39 PM

26 posts

Hi all, i am selling Alphabolic Alphamass 1000, Double Chocolate, 17lbs/7.711kg (Only 5 gram of sugar per 1000 calories) at only RM160 (retail price RM210++). PM me if interested smile.gif
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4502394
unclemike
post May 28 2018, 10:46 AM

On my way
538 posts

QUOTE(gonzalo20 @ Feb 7 2018, 03:51 PM)
i'm skinny. currently still cannot decide if whey protein or mass gainer should i take. I want to build more muscle but not to be a bulky guys. My height is around 172 cm and my weight is 66 kg. What should i consume whey protein or mass gainer? TQ.
Consume more food.
lingleeyen
post May 28 2018, 04:10 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

Eat. Eat. Eat. Come out with your calorie and macros plan. Without those, you dont need hey or mass gainer. And you will not be too bulky.
nlks
post Aug 26 2018, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ May 28 2018, 04:10 PM)
Eat. Eat. Eat. Come out with your calorie and macros plan. Without those, you dont need hey or mass gainer. And you will not be too bulky.
Hi, have the same question as gonzalo20. I know taking in (eat) more calories than I need is the way to gain but as my job is quite busy, I don't find it's not easy to split and add the times to take additional meal (e.g. at 11am or 3:15pm), therefore thinking to take whey or mass gainer as it is convenience.

Went through a few post here and saw people mostly recommending whey over mass gainer. However, looks at the calories it offer (take On as example), the mass gainer provides 1250 and whey for 120, almost 10 times calories of whey per serving. so why is whey are prefered over mass gainer if my main purpose is to gain weight and not building muscle?
lingleeyen
post Aug 26 2018, 08:44 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(nlks @ Aug 26 2018, 04:16 PM)
Hi, have the same question as gonzalo20. I know taking in (eat) more calories than I need is the way to gain but as my job is quite busy, I don't find it's not easy to split and add the times to take additional meal (e.g. at 11am or 3:15pm), therefore thinking to take whey or mass gainer as it is convenience.

Went through a few post here and saw people mostly recommending whey over mass gainer. However, looks at the calories it offer (take On as example), the mass gainer provides 1250 and whey for 120, almost 10 times calories of whey per serving. so why is whey are prefered over mass gainer if my main purpose is to gain weight and not building muscle?
When I am in office I dont have time to eat too last time. Milk, whey, bread and peanut butter, nuts, oats are my staple. When I have time during dinner I eat dinner to fill up whatwver I need. Find your way to eat. It is easier than finding time to watch youtube. You do not need to split your meals. Just eat.

Whey per serve generally is only 30g. Mass gainer's perserve is whooping scoop. Bigger scoop than the powdered detergent your mum uses to scoop the powder into the washing machine. So go figure. You might as well drink milo.
DieHardFan88
post Feb 11 2019, 01:03 PM

14 posts

As what the replies above. Just eat more carbs and work out.
rohinidubey
post May 28 2019, 09:42 PM

17 posts

Top 10 ways for mass gaining.

Perform multi-joint exercises. ...
Eat more protein. ...
Don't just lift heavy. ...
Get plenty of shut-eye. ...
Increase in weight responsibly. ...
Allow time for recovery. ...
Increase calories. ...
Strike the right mix of macros.
Focus on post-workout nutrition
Exercise Regularly

This post has been edited by rohinidubey: May 28 2019, 09:42 PM
ValialaPena P
post Aug 2 2019, 04:23 PM

Probation
1 posts

To gain muscle you need good nutrition!
To do this, you need a sufficient amount of protein, fat and carbohydrates! This is one of my favorite recipes! Great Fish Soup! Perfect for your goal!
How To Make Fish Soup - https://club.cooking/recipe/fish-soup/

https://pictr.com/images/2019/08/02/5gm2GO.md.jpg
Thismillond P
post Oct 18 2019, 02:34 PM

Probation
2 posts

Thanks for good tips about mass gaining
Raddus
post May 9 2020, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

thanks very useful

hope to gain 10kg from 50 to 60.... in 1 year or 2?

This post has been edited by Raddus: May 9 2020, 05:10 PM
darkmusses
post Jun 23 2020, 11:05 AM

On my way
565 posts

Just came across this ..
Thismillond P
post Jul 21 2020, 01:36 PM

Probation
2 posts

It is wonder tips which have many feature to gain mass body weight and it is work for calories for our body
nihalnijjar
post Nov 19 2020, 03:27 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(ken86 @ Nov 12 2009, 09:17 AM)
Since I m on a lean mass gaining phase

Generally, a good starting point will be multiplying your lean body weight x 15 and add 500 - 1000 calories to that. You'll have to experiment with this. If u have a crazy-ass metabolism (ectomorphs not skinny fat people) you probably want to start at 500-1000 calories over maintenance. If you have a slow metabolism (LIKE ME !!!) you would want to start at about ~500 calories over predicted maintenance. You'll have to experiment this smile.gif take weekly pictures and show it to the world !!!

protein - at least 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight
carbs - at least 2 - 3 grams per pound of lean body mass
fats - the remaining calories available

Healthy, but Delectable Recipes

now for my favourite breakfast mass gaining shake
(1,111 calorie shake)

Ingredients
12 oz low fat milk (HL? MARIGOLD?)
1 scoop of Whey (Optimum nutrition 100%, Scivation)
1 Low carb yoghurt ( read the labels )
1 banana (medium sized, maybe longer than your WIENER biggrin.gif)
2 tbsp of mixed nuts (I use walnuts and almond mix)
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of Dry oats
2 Splenda / Equal Packets (Optional)

BLEND AND DOWN IT LIKE A MAN

another goodie
Low-Fat Fruit Smoothie

2 Scoops of Whey - Strawberry / Vanilla
Strawberries or Blueberries (Blueberries are expensive over here, Use strawberries instead)
1 big banana
1 cup of instant, non-flavored oatmeal
8 ounces of light yogurt
2 cups of low fat milk
Calories: 850
Protein: 70 grams

Smooth Strawberry Dream
Ingrediets
1 cup plain 2%/non-fat Greek yogurt
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
3 tbsp organic coconut milk
1-2 tbsp flax seeds - optional
1 scoop vanilla or strawberry protein powder - optional
splenda if required
ice cubes
Here are the Nutrition Facts for the Smoothie in its original form: Calories 335  Fat 16.5 grams  Carbs 22.5 grams  Fiber 4 grams  Protein 24 grams.

For modified version with optional ingredients - the protein and flax seeds: Calories 524  Fat 22 grams  Carbs 34.5 grams  Fiber 10 grams  Protein 47 grams.

The original form has no so called dietary supplements (eg. whey protein which is a bane for some, for reasons I cannot fathom as well). It taste great and a well balanced meal. enjoy

Banana "Ice Cream"

Looking for some guilt free carb source to fuel your workouts, look no further !
user posted image

Here is probably the easiest recipe you will ever find and surprisingly tasty. 

Ingredients

- 2 bananas (frozen)

- Vanilla Essence

There is a couple of ways you could make this – either  puree then freeze or do what i did which was chuck a couple of bananas (peeled) which were about to go black into the freezer, then throw them in the food processor and blend with the vanilla until smooth and creamy – surprisingly not unlike ice-cream.  Depending on how soft/cold you want it, you can either get straight into it or pop it back in the freezer for a while.  The other way to do it would be to puree the fresh bananas then freeze the puree, tho I suspect it would freeze solid and you would have to puree again to regain the creamy texture.

Raspberry sorbet
user posted image

Ingredients
1 ½ cups raspberries
½ cup light coconut milk
1 egg white, beaten to soft peaks
½ medium banana
1 tbs honey
1 tbs lemon juice

Instructions
Blend raspberries, coconut milk, banana, lemon juice and honey in a blender on high speed until creamy.

Gently fold raspberry mixture into the beaten egg white. Pour mixture into an ice-cream container/ freezer proof container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight until set.

To serve, cut into slices and scoop it with a spoon. Can be done with blueberries or strawberries or whatever berries that swing your way.

Mango sorbet
Ingredients
1 cup diced mango pieces, frozen
2/3 cup of light coconut milk

Instructions
Blend frozen mango pieces and coconut milk in a blender on high speed until creamy and smooth. serve

Tasty Cold Oatmeal
- Base
1.Blend up a scoop or two of protein powder with water and pour it over some Old Fashioned/Rolled Quaker Oats (or whatever brand, dun be so rigid !). Now, add some frozen berries (optional), 'I buy strawberries and freeze them'

2.Let it sit for 3-4 minutes in the fridge before chowing down

You can always tweak this recipe  say if you use vanilla flavour protein, a hint of cinammon and some pan seared banana slices (use a lil butter to cook it).

or
1. In the base above, replace water with milk and put a little peanut butter as u blend it. Pour over your oats, sprinkle some toasted almond flakes(buy them from the supermarket and toast it in an over at 150C  ) or sunflower seeds or toasted chopped walnuts
2. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes before consuming.

HEALTHY & GUILT FREE NESCAFE ICE
1/2 scoop low carb vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup cold brewed coffee (nescafe or whatever brand that works for u)
4 ice cubes
1/2 cup cold water
4 packets of Equal (optional)
1/2 tsp cocoa to shake things up (I use heinz unsweetened cocoa powder/ possible substitute - if u r not strict on diet can be any chocolate powder (cadbury perhaps?)
My normal main meals where I cooked on sunday and sliced it accordingly

Lean Meatloaf

1 pound 96% Lean Beef
1/4 cup onion,diced
1/2 large green pepper,diced
2 egg whites,beaten
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8oz reduced sodium tomato sauce

Pepper to taste

Preheat over 350degrees. Mix meat,vegetables,eggs,garlic powder,oatmeal and half of the tomato sauce together in medium sized bowl. Spoon mixture into an 8x8 square baking pan or bread loaf pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top loaf with remaining tomato sauce and bake for approximately 50 minutes. Makes 4 large slices. (you can put it in a muffin tray, and make some anabolic MEAT MUFFINS !!!!, baking time varies depending on size)

Supplement Facts:
per serving

Calories-172
Carbs-9g
Protein-23g
Fat-5g
Fiber-2g

Rosemary Balsamic Chicken

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh preferred)
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

When you get home, rinse off the chicken breasts, then throw them in the bag with everything else. Mix it up a little, and let it sit in the fridge for at least two hours to marinate.

To cook, preheat your over to 400 degrees, throw the chicken and stuff into a baking dish, cover it, and let it cook in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the meat reaches 165 degrees. If you don't have a "meat thermometer", separate it with a fork.

I cooked these in big batches. 4kgs at a time, go ahead, laugh , I don't care.

Nutrition Facts:
6 oz of breast = 45g of protein (the spices/condiments are calorie free ! the wonders of knowing your way in the kitchen)
Asian Chicken and Broccoli Stirfry
user posted image
Ingredients
8oz 97% lean ground chicken or turkey or beef (can be precooked and shred it when you need em')
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1.5 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
garlic powder to taste
ginger powder to taste
Directions
Brown turkey on med to medium high heat (you can go higher if using stainless steel or cast iron cooking pan, for non stick I would stay there) in the sesame oil and soy sauce. Once meat is approximately halfway cooked, add in broccoli and mushrooms and stir. Sprinkle on powders and stir some more until evenly distributed. Enjoy.
There you go. Another delicious and easy recipe. If you want more carbs with it (especially post training), serve hot with rice!
Crispy "Fried" Chicken

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unprocessed bran flakes (optional)
4 egg whites, beaten
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Dip chicken in egg whites and the coat both sides by dipping them in dry mixture. Dip them again if desired and spray both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Bake chicken in a shallow baking dish for about 30 minutes or until coating and insides of breast are no longer pink.

Taste great and highly palatable ! Give it a honest try u kitchen noobs !

Tuna Melt Patties

1 6oz can tuna in WATER, drained
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons oatmeal
2 tablespoons onions, diced
(or 1/4 teaspoon onion powder)
1/4 teaspooon garlic powder
2 tablespoons reduced fat mozzarella / Cheddar

Mix all ingredients except cheese together in a small bowl. Heat a small nonstick frying pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Make to small patties by spooning half the tuna mixture into each side of the pan and lightly pressing with a fork to flatten into a patty. Cook until both sides are brown. Top with on tablespoon cheese and serve.

For everyone that complains bout plain tuna

"Cocoa-Nut Milk Shake"
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 scoop cocoa powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
5 ice cubes
Place ingredients into blender for 30 seconds.

not your usual shake but taste like a dream

The Orgasmatron

Ingredients; 
80g (1 cup) rolled oats 
1 large banana 
2 scoops Optimum Nutrition 100% whey, chocolate flavour 
1 tablespoon honey 
1.5 cups 2% fat milk3) Preparation; 
Put 2 scoops of ON chocolate whey into the shaker bottle (must go in first) 
Add 80g of oats 
Chop up the large banana into small slices and add to the shaker bottle 
Add a tablespoon of honey 
Pour in the 1.5 cups of milk 
The trick is NOT to blend this, add the ingredients into the shaker bottle, put the cap on, and shake it, this means that the ingredients mix but the oats and banana slices remain relatively in tact. 

Once the ingredients are all mixed up, add water until you reach the desired consistency. Once you?re happy that the shake is mixed and has enough water simply drink the sweet, chocolate, milky liquid. Once you?ve drunk the liquid get a spoon and eat the rest like a cereal. 
a. 903 calories 
b. 71g protein 
c. 120g carbohydrates 
d. 11g fibre 
e. ? 
f. 17g fat 
i. 7g saturated 
ii. 6g monounsaturated 
iii. 3g polyunsaturated 

This shake is absoloutely ideal for either breakfast or preworkout, it packs a huge number of calories and provides enough protein/carbs to fuel your workout and recovery or kick start your metabolism after the overnight fast. 

good ol' scrambled eggs

Ingredients:

4 Omega-3 enriched local eggs
2% Milk
Butter
Sea Salt
Black Pepper - Those whole black pepper in pepper grinder variant not the pre-grind shit, they taste like smoke ash
Cooking pan
Rubber spatula - This took me a year to figure out and it's the key to some damn good scrambled eggs. Don't be like my unenlightened friends and use one of those burger-flipper spatulas. They're too large and clumsy. You need something svelte, small, and easy to maneuver.

Make the perfect scrambled eggs

1. Crack your eggs against the lip of the bowl and use your thumbs to pull the egg apart. Make sure not to get any shell in the mixture. And keep the yolks! If I find one more person who only cooks with egg whites I'm going to poke him numerous times with my egg-soaked fork and hope he gets salmonella.

2. Heat your nonstick pan on medium heat for a minute or so and toss a teaspoon of butter into the pan.

3. While your pan is heating, pour a little bit of milk into the egg mixture. I'm not sure exactly how much because I've never measured it. My guess is about two tablespoons.

4. Take your fork and beat the hell out of the egg and milk mixture using quick wrist flicks. Your wrist should be moving like you're using one of those old pencil sharpeners that you have to crank with your hand. Make sure to some air into the bowl as it'll make the eggs fluffier. Beat for 30 seconds or so.

5. Making sure the butter is melted and the pan is hot pour the mixture into the pan. You should hear a slight sizzle.

6. Let it sit for 30 seconds to a minute and then take your rubber spatula and start "scrambling" the eggs by pushing the cooked stuff off the bottom and letting the runny yellow part directly onto the pan.

7. After a couple of minutes of scrambling, you should have some nice, fluffy, yellowy-white eggs. I like to pull mine off the stove top before I see any brown spots on the eggs.

8. Dash some salt and pepper on your eggs and eat! Oh, and make sure you complement your eggs with turkey sausage, whole-wheat toast, or some fresh fruit on the side.

Nutritional Facts :
28g of protein, 20g of fat (the good kind), virtually no carbs

Try it a few times and play around with how much milk you add and how long you leave it on the stove top.

these takes way less than 10 minutes to prepare and cook. stop whining.

Home-made Protein Bars

Ingredients
Peanut Butter – 1 cup
Oats – ½ Cup
Protein Powder (preferably chocolate or vanilla) – ¼ cup
Honey - optional
All measurements are approximate since I usually just mix until it looks good.
Optional
o Raisins
o Nuts – pecans, almond, walnuts, cashew, or make a trail mix !
o Dark chocolate pieces – sugar free variant
Instructions
Mix all ingredients. The protein powder will take some of the “tackiness” off of the peanut butter and honey. The mix should not be crumbling. If it is, add another spoonful of PB. If it is too wet add some more oats.
Stick it the mixture between two sheets of wax paper and refrigerate for at least 25 minutes.
user posted image

Home-made Protein Bars (Fortified version for the skinnies)

Ingredients

2 1/2 c. (200 g) oats
1 scoop (30 g) whey powder (use chocolate flavor)
2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
3 large egg whites
2 medium bananas (300 g), mashed
1 tbsp. honey
7 tbsp. (approx. 100 ml) non-fat milk or low fat milk
1 tsp. cinnamon

Instructions

Preheat your oven for 5 minutes at 375oF. Mix the oats, the whey and the cinnamon. Add the peanut butter and stir in thoroughly. Add the egg whites, mashed bananas and the honey. Add the non-fat/low fat milk slowly, while mixing thoroughly.
Spoon the mixture into a greased lined cake tin and level with a knife. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting to reduce stickiness. Cut into 8 bars.

Alternatively, just refrigerate them and eat it straight if you don’t have an oven in home.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Calories (Per Serving): 154
Protein 9.5g
Carbohydrates 21.3g
Fat 3.4g

Tomato and Eggplant Curry
user posted image

prep Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
. 1 medium eggplant
. 1 large tomato
. 2 Tbsp olive oil
. 1/4 C coconut milk
. 1/2 C chicken broth
. 1 tsp curry powder
. 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
. 2 cloves garlic
. Fresh basil
. 5 oz cooked and diced chicken

Cut the tomato and eggplant into small pieces, then saute them in a large saucepan with the olive oil and curry powder. Saute them until they are soft and begin to break down. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 3-4 more minutes. Enjoy!

If you can find Thai fish sauce and red curry paste, these can be added as well and will really enhance the taste.

This meal is high protein, high fat and low carbs - perfect for anytime meals

Cauliflower with Egg Sauce

prep Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients

. 1 head of cauliflower
. 2 tbsp olive oil
. 2/3 C minced sweet onion
. 2 tbsp ground walnuts or almonds
. 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped finely
. 1/4 C fresh parsley or dill Pepper to taste

Boil the cauliflower florets. In a skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil until soft and brown. Stir in the ground nuts, eggs, parsley or dill, and pepper. Toss lightly until blended. Place the cauliflower in a dish, then pour the sauce over it. This can make a great 5 block meal at X5 fat with the addition of a little lean protein - grilled chicken, beef etcetra.

ALMOND MILK
user posted image

Use 1 cup of almonds for approximately 1ltr of Almond Milk. one cup almond = approx. < 250g of almonds = 4 x 250ml of almond milk and no it's not expensive at all. 1kg almonds ranges from RM 10 - 20. 20 /4 = RM 5 for 1 ltr almond milk (breakdown)

Directions : -
• Soak 1 cup of almonds overnight (or for a minimum of 6hours). Overnight soaking is the better way to prepare the almonds as more tannins and phytic acids are removed, ultimately enhancing digestibility of the almond milk.

• Place the almonds in a blender along with 3‐4cups of water (you do not need to remove the skins). Blend the almonds for 1minute.

• Sweetener is not necessary especially if fresh almonds are used. If it is desired, however, adding 3‐8 dates or a tablespoon of honey within the blending process will add a hint of sweetness to the almond milk.

• Strain milk through a nut milk bag or a couple of layers of cheese cloth into a bowl or through a sieve (this may result in a little bit of almond fiber in the milk but will sit to the bottom of your jug/cup).

• Keep in an air‐tight container/jug for up to 4‐5days in the refrigerator.

Commercial preparations of almond milk do not have the desired amount of almond nutrients, as pasteurization and other manufacturing processes take their toll on nutrient content. Besides, almond milk has a shelf life of only 4‐5 days, so commercially available almond milk has to add more water and is laced with sugar and preservatives to prolong shelf life. In addition, vitamin E is no longer present and only a few hundred milligrams of essential fatty acids (especially omega‐3 and omega‐6) are left in shop‐bought almond milk.

Almond milk is very nutritious. Each cup (approximately 100g) of raw almonds converted into almond milk is good for 4 servings, and each serving roughly provides 105.3 calories, 4g of protein (or 16g per 100g of almond), 3.6g of carbohydrate, 1.9g of fiber, 23mg of calcium, 5.1mg of sodium, and 9.2g of total fat of which only 0.7g is saturated fat (the 8.5g of unsaturated fat is 92.4% of total fat)

Apple and Almond Shake
Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
½ cup diced green apple (skin removed)
½ tsp natural vanilla essence
2 scoop of protein powder - vanilla

Place ingredients into a blender and blend for 1min.

Nut Crunch Shake
Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
2 ice cubes
1 tbs almond butter
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbs crushed nuts
2 scoops of protein powder - chocolate or whatever swings your way

Place all ingredients except for the crushed nuts into a blender and bend for 1min. Once poured into a glass, sprinkle top with crushednuts

Marinades - New Section
All Purpose Marinade
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon of rosemary
Salt and pepper
Approved 'Clean' Foods - Wanna gain some lean mass, then starting eating Whole 'Clean' Foods, ditch the junk

Proteins
 Chicken Breast
 Egg Whites
 Lean Beef
 Lean Fish
 Low-Fat Dairy products
 Protein Powder
 Turkey Breast
Carbohydrates
 Amaranth
 Beans
 Brown Rice Tortillas
 Fruit
 Oats
 Pasta
 Quinoa
 Potatoes
 Rice
Vegetables
 Asparagus
 Bell Peppers
 Bok Choy
 Broccoli
 Carrots
 Cauliflower
 Celery
 Cucumbers
 Green Beans
 Lettuce
 Onions
 Spinach
 Squash
 Tomatoes
Fats
 Avocado
 Cheese
 Whole Omega 3 Eggs
 Hummus
 Nuts
 Oils
 Olives

Short tip of eating clean - try to eat foods that take lesser 'STEPS' to prepared.

Simple tips

If you are still struggling to gain weight
Tip 1 - Graze Healthily - Still whining about not being able to eat enough? Geez. Okay, try this: throw two servings of dried fruit (I like RAISINS the best) into a sandwich bag with two servings of omega-3 rich walnuts. That's about 12 dates and a half cup of shelled walnuts.

Place these in your car, your desk at work, or your locker at school. Snack at will. Consume the whole bag in one day and you'll have ingested an easy 640 healthy calories. Have one bag a day and you'll get over 4400 extra calories per week, all from healthy fruits and nuts.

Tip 2 - Olive oil shooters - Get a shooter glass and down it 2 - 3 times a day (use it sparingly unless you are a pure ectomorph, clearly I m not one so I don';t use it)

Tip 3 - Essentials -

Raw nuts. They're cheap, healthy, and portable.  They also pack some healthy fats and a little protein — the type of calories that aren't likely to end up on your waistline.

Canned tuna and salmon. Great sources of protein that are also convenient and portable.

Fruits and veggies. You can't eat enough of these. The ones in the store are fine, but the ones you pick up at the local farmer's market are even better (and probably organic as well).

Rolled oats Nothing fancy, but a great source of fiber and slow-digesting carbs. Avoid the instant packets. Buy the store brand if you need to save some money. Look for just one ingredient on the label: whole rolled oats.

So you will never run out of food and give excuses to F***ing binge.

Tip 4 - Eat Clean 90% of the time, follow John Berardi's 90% Rule say I eat 42 meals a week (6 meals a day) I have the privilege of eating 4 meals of whatever I want (keep in moderation please)

Tip 5 - Eat lean protein with every meal,  Get most of your carbs in the morning, take your fish oils

Tip 6 - Rest and Recover - Contrast Bath, Self Myofascial Release using a FOAM ROLLER / PVC Pipe , Hiring Pizzaboy to loosen you out, Soft tissue work with golf ball/tennis ball (piriformis, rotator cuffs, peroneals, calves, etc)

Tip 7 - Do your conditioning - Don't wanna turn in tub of fat lard , do the conditioning drills shown below

Tip 8 - MILK is NOT the best food product for lean mass gain but perfect for weight gaining. Lactose is just not a good carb source, not to mention many people are allergic to it. Casein and whey are exceptional protein sources though, but get them on their own without the fat and lactose found in milk.

Tip 9 - Drink Ample Water - It's essential to stay hydrated as muscle tissues are 75% water and blood is over 90% water. A rule of thumb would be 0.6 ounces of water for every pound of BW. Eg. a 200 lbs male would drink 120 ounces, 3.5 litres water a day.

Tip 10 - Prepare your meal in advance - When you are not prepared, you are at the mercy of what's available at restaurants, hawker stalls , etc.

'An hour in the kitchen' - Sunday Meal Prep Ritual

*Boiling pot of water, used for steaming one batch after another of a variety of fresh veg (for example, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, chard, spinach, brussels sprouts, asparagus).

*In the oven, I'll be cooking yams in a glass dish with water (I use yams as my starch of choice for fueling my endurance training!), along with some plain chicken breast, perhaps, or maybe some fresh black cod or salmon...

*I might also prepare a marinade to use on some grass-fed skirt steak, after I've tenderized it with a mallet; using extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, lime juice cilantro and a dash of cayenne pepper (as long as one is not following the AI plan, this is acceptable).

*I may also create a marinade for some chicken- perhaps a pesto using basil, garlic, walnuts, pine nuts,
lemon and olive oil.

*I'd wash whole fruit (apples, oranges, pears, peaches, grapes, and so on).

*After everything is cool, store in small, portable containers that you will be able to grab in a flash en route to the office or school when you're rushing out the door in the morning! Be sure to place in each container- some protein, some healthy unprocessed carbohydrate (fruit/veg) and some good fat (avocado, flax, olive oil) etc..

Nutrition Tips for the Busy

Here’s a collection of tips to help you “get your eat on” in a healthy and inexpensive manner without having to devote hours of your day to food preparation.
At home
Start off your mornings with a blender shake consisting of dry oats, a protein powder blend, and some healthy fats like walnuts or flaxseed oil. Prepare the shake “dry” at night by putting all the ingredients in a Tupperware container. In the morning, all you’ll have to do is put some ice and water in the blender, dump in the contents of the container, and blend for about thirty seconds. This way you can prepare and consume your first meal of the day in just a few minutes.
Prepare all your meals on one day of the week. Choose a day when you’re not very busy, like Sunday, to cook all your meats, vegetables rice, and other items. Divide what you prepare into meals that you can
freeze in separate containers. Each night before you go to bed, take out what you need for the following day and let it thaw overnight in the
fridge. This might sound like a lot of work at first, but after a couple of weeks, it will become part of your regular routine.
On the road
Keep your car and office stocked with items like tuna pouches, a sleeve of rice cakes, bottled water, some protein meal replacement packets, or canisters of nuts.
Didn’t pack any food? Stop at a supermarket instead of a fast food joint. Most supermarkets have salad bars, sushi, and other healthy options.
Most fast food restaurants now offer a healthy menu. Choose items like chicken salads, chicken wraps, and baked potatoes. Deli-style fast food restaurants where you can get a turkey or chicken sub on whole wheat bread are other good options.
In the office
Pack a lunch. Not only will this save you money, but you’ll also have complete control over what you eat each day.
At a business lunch? Most restaurants should have a healthy choice like a chicken salad (skip the dressing), a piece of fish, or baked/broiled chicken with some steamed vegetables. Ask to have any sauces or condiments put on the side.
Not enough time for a meal at work? Keep a couple of pre-made protein shakes (a couple scoops of protein powder, some oats, and some calorie-free sweetener) in plastic shaker bottles at your desk or in your toolbox.In less than thirty seconds, you can add water and consume the entire “meal.” These emergency meals will also come in handy if you ever have to work an extra long shift and don’t have anything else prepared.
The first step to success is making a firm commitment to a healthy diet. Once that’s done, solutions with arise on their own. With a little bit of planning and determination, even the busiest schedule will be no obstacle to sound nutrition.
Zig zagging your calories -  the basic premise is to reduce calories on non training days'
The idea is similar to carb cycling - I m sure everyone heard of carb cycling, I use exclusively the rules from Shelby Starnes after consulting him many times
MEN

High day

Carbs: 2-3 grams per pound of body weight
Protein: 1-1.25 grams per pound of body weight
Fat: as little as possible

Low and moderate days

Carbs: 0.5-1.5 grams per pound of body weight
Protein: 1.25-1.5 grams per pound of body weight
Fat: 0.15-0.35 grams per pound of body weight

WOMEN
High Day

Carbs: 0.9-1.0 grams per pound of body weight
Protein: 0.75 grams per pound of body weight
Fat: as little as possible

Low and moderate days

Carbs: 0.2-0.5 grams per pound of body weight
Protein: 0.9-1.0 grams per pound of body weight
Fat: 0.1-0.2 grams per pound of body weight

Sample for a 250 lb male
High Day

Meal 1 : 90g carbs, 40g protein
Meal 2 : 90g carbs, 40g protein
Meal 3 : 90g carbs, 40g protein
meal 4 : 90g carbs, 40g protein
meal 5 : 90g carbs, 40g protein
Meal 6 : 90g carbs, 40g protein
Meal 7 : same

Low to Moderate Day
Meal 1 : 60g protein, 80g carbs
meal 2 : 60g protein, 50g carbs, 5g fat
Meal 3 : 60g protein, 10g healthy fat, green vegetables
Meal 4 : 60g protein, 80g carbs (or whenever postworkout)
Meal 5 : 60g protein, 15g healthy fat, green vegetables
Meal 6 : 60g protein, 15g healthy fat, green vegetables

Carb cycling is a wonderful plan as you can do it both ways - more high days and less low days for lean mass gain and less high days more low days for weight loss.
You need to experiment this or post your diet if you wanna try carb cycling.

I personally used high, med, low days. For now, 1 high day on monday, other training days are med days, and remaining days are low days. I will monitor my progress and add more high days. Some weeks I feel flat , I would add a SUPER HIGH DAY 1000g of carbs to replenish my glycogen and to jump start my metabolism.

Glycemic Index

Question: Should I be concerned with the glycemic index of carbs?

Answer: I get asked bout this a lot, seriously GI is not rocket science. Although I think it's silly to base an entire diet book on glycemic index alone, it is still something that should be considered.

To get everyone up to speed, the glycemic index (G.I.) is a measure of how quickly a carbohydrate ends up as glucose in the bloodstream. Simple (typically more sugary) carbs are digested very rapidly and have a high G.I. This results in significant amounts of glucose flooding the bloodstream at once. Complex carbs, on the other hand, are in essence time released and are characterized as having a low G.I. This is much better as it results in fewer ups and downs in both energy and appetite. However, consuming carbohydrates with other foods like protein, fibrous carbs, and fat slows the digestion of the carbs in that meal. Therefore, the glycemic index of the carbohydrate itself becomes slightly less important. Although the glycemic index is something that you should keep in the back of your mind, eating natural, unprocessed carbs is a far more important consideration. Bananas and white potatoes, for example, have a fairly high glycemic index but are still good nutrient dense foods that are perfectly fine to consume on a fairly regular basis, especially if you consume them with protein and fibrous carbs
(vegetables) as you should be doing anyway.

Let me put it this way: if the worst thing you do is eat carrots, bananas, and potatoes... you will do just fine! best time to put your carbs (excluding non-fibrous carbs especially like cruciferous vegetables) is breakfast and postworkout.

carbs is your friend , use it to your advantage, don't be a carb phobic !
Conditioning & Energy system training (also called cardio) -

You wanna gain some mass with minimal fat gain, do SOME CONDITIONING DRILLS !

Plate/Car pushes
An exercise mat, and some plates, you can accomplish this excellent conditioning exercise. Place a mat (or towel) on the ground, put plates on the mat, push. It’s that simple. or just push your CAR

Try 60 yards for five rounds with 60 seconds rest between rounds. It’s a great place to start.

Wrestler’s circuit
This is a wrestling coach’s circuit, and I found it very effective. Aim to use 70–80 percent of your competition weight (the top of your weight class). This is going to take you anywhere from 1.5–2 minutes to complete

A 185-lb fighter could use 135 lbs to start with:

Clean X 5
Romanian deadlift X 5
Front squat X 5
Overhead press X 5
Clean X 5

Perform with as minimal transition time between exercises as possible. 

Legal eagle drill
I found a fitness qualifications manual for the RCMP or Canadian Army as some standards for their applicants. You can customize this to your own nation’s requirements. It’s just simply something to play with, and it’s very customizable. I’d recommend throwing it in every so often and testing to see where you’re at. Once you beat the standards, make it more difficult.

2.5 Kms/1.5 mile run, 11 minutes minimum, 9 minutes is ideal
40+ push-ups
40+ sit-ups
5+ full ROM pull-ups

I put this up in a hurry, time to get back to the lab smile.gif

Add blast straps (I made my own blast straps using chains and D-handles, LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANNA KNOW HOW), a weight vest, the incline on a treadmill, or weighted pull-ups to increase the difficulty level.

Barbell complexes
These are familiar to everyone by now thanks to Alywn’s infamous articles. Here is an example:

Deadlift
Romanian deadlift
Shrug
Clean
Upright row
Overhead press
Back squat
Row

You can literally create any combinations that you dream of. Rep ranges are dependent on you, but it is recommended that you stick between 6–8 reps. The rule is keep the bar moving quickly. A simple method is to perform one round, add weight, and perform again for time. Here’s an example:

Circuit one

R1: Start with the barbell.
R2: Add 10 lbs to the bar (55 lbs).
R3: Add another 10 lbs to the bar (65 lbs).
R4: Remove 10 lbs (55 lbs).
R5: Just use the bar.

Rest periods can last from 30–60 seconds.

Louie’s Olympic “tri-plex”
This is a simple Olympic lift complex where a single lift is performed in each of the three exercises. Then you rest for 30 seconds. Start each rep with your knees on the floor to help build up explosive power in the hips

High pull
Clean
Clean and press

When working with Kevin Randleman, Louie is rumored to have used this circuit to build up Kevin’s amazing explosive speed and strength. Mind you, Kevin used 200 lbs. Start slowly and work your way up in both time and weight.

go to pushmore for a Crossfit workout
www.pushmore.com.my

Added on November 12, 2009, 9:19 amMust Read article from John Romano. (to all everyone that has been asking what supplement works and all, DIET AND TRAINING IS YOUR BEST SUPPLEMENT !!)

The most commonly asked question I ever get is, "does ____work?" I wish I had a dollar for every time I've been asked that question by a guy looking for the answer. From this or that supplement; to this or that drug; to this or that training method; high-carb or low-carb; high intensity, low intensity; for every possible machination of bodybuilding, someone has asked me for my opinion. Do I look like I know? I'm only five-nine, 205! I just like to train. So, for the most part, I really don't care if the subtle nuances in this great big thing we practice make that much of a difference. I just do what I like and whatever doesn't aggravate my injuries. After 35years it's not going to make that much difference to me anyway. And since it doesn't matter to me, I've been five-nine, 205, for a really long time. I'm, actually, quite happy staying right here in the groove that works for me. While weighing 260 might look pretty cool on my frame, I have no desire to do so. That's not to say I never did...

At some point in my mid-20s, I got up to a little over 230 and couldn't stand it. I was always walking around with my mouth open, glazed in sweat and wheezing like an old Ford with a leaky head gasket. I had a gallon jug of water in one hand and cooler in the other, and if either got below a quarter full while I was stuck in traffic, I began to panic. A "real job" was totally out of the question, so my income was derived by a smattering of various activities, half of them illicit, and none of them more than five miles from Gold's. Had my stellar genetics gone any higher than my knees, perhaps I would have chased this endeavor a bit further, but, in this business, being smarter than you look has its advantages.

So, here I am, steeped in physical mediocrity, albeit through jaundiced eyes. While anyone who has this much time in the iron game has it all over the average Joe, I'll never look in the mirror and see it that way; not with guys like Jay Cutler running around at my height and outweighing me by 100 pounds. And I really don't care anymore. Yet, because of where I am, what I've done, and who I know, I still get the questions about drugs, supplements and training from guys who look at a guy like Cutler and can't possibly begin to imagine the magnitude of what they‘re looking at.

I really can't blame anyone for being so in-awe and yet so lost. With so much bullshit to waddle through, I don't even know why anyone would put their magazine down and head out to the gym. Science, science, science.... Who gives a f*** about science? Anyone who does looks like they do. Jay Cutler doesn't give a rat's ass about science. Only the stringy little geeks do. What matters is what works in the real world - in the gym, and on contest day. University studies are for wimps because empirical knowledge trumps science every time. So, inevitably, you guys turn to us for the truth. And when you do, you get such a cold dose of reality that I sometimes think some people might feel better being lied to. There are enough illegal performance-enhancing drugs out there to grow hair on the Statue of Liberty. Then there are the legal ones,: pro-hormones, supplements, meal replacements, protein powders, training regimens and diet philosophies, all geared to building muscle and burning fat. No one could possibly do all of them, so they inevitably ask: "Does ____ work?"

In all the years I've been in this business, that question was only answered once to my satisfaction by anyone meaty enough to do so- Mike Matarazzo. His answer, "Everything works, but nothing works all the time," was his answer, and it has been my mantra since he uttered it. It's perhaps the single greatest truth in bodybuilding. Hence, it's in your better interest for me to answer the question, "does ____ work?" by telling you, "maybe." I say this regardless of whatever it is, because if I, or anyone else, tells you "yes," you're likely to give lesser credence to the only two things that work all the time in favor of something that might work some of the time.

What two things work all the time? Eating and training! True, this site would be awfully small and we'd have no advertisers if that's all there was to it, but until you have those two things dialed in, you're wasting your time, money and energy on anything else. I see too many guys who put the weight down after 10 reps and head to Denny‘s, and then wonder why, after a year, they only have 12-inch arms and no abs. Then, frustrated, their solution is to come to me and ask for a stack to put on mass. As comical as that may sound to some of you, to many of you it may well be a revelation. Ferocious training intensity and spot-on nutrition are 95 percent of the game. The other five percent can't possibly make up for it-no matter what it is. So go eat and go to the gym. Do that first, then start asking about what works. Intensity and consistency will always be the best medicine.
Thanks for sharing this! Need to try it out soon.
garricktang
post Nov 19 2020, 03:49 PM

23 posts

Good thread! Thanks for this.
chungzlouderrc P
post Feb 8 2022, 05:35 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(D_Predator @ Nov 12 2009, 10:19 AM)
hey bro, nice article u put up ere..btw, juz wondering, how much do u spend on solid food alone?
YES

21 Pages « < 19 20 21Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0354sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:11 PM