Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
144 Pages « < 139 140 141 142 143 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kia Forte, When will this beauty launch in MAS?

views

Fortelover
post Nov 26 2009, 06:59 PM

0 posts

[quote=yhlee12,Nov 26 2009, 06:50 PM]support  icon_rolleyes.gif

[/quote]
Thanks fren!

Added on November 26, 2009, 7:03 pmI agree with you. Like I said yesterday, the determining factor is whether the 2.0 engine power gives a big difference. If the 1.6 is good enough why not save some money. I am keen on the 2.0 but with all the funny rumours going around and now saying car is ckd if collect in January is a big put off. Yesterday the SA say can get in 2 weeks. Today speak to another SA 2.0 is only available in January 2010 and is CKD. They also expect you to buy the car without testing and not knowing what suprise they may give you. Worst thing is you may get cruise control but they may drop the 6 airbag etc.

[/quote]
Yup! Better savesome $$ in this time of economy outlook..

This post has been edited by Fortelover: Nov 26 2009, 07:03 PM
choobee
post Nov 26 2009, 07:09 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(pinchboyz @ Nov 26 2009, 06:45 PM)
1 question, what diff between CBU and CKD?
why so insist CBU???
wow you must be a supporter of Beli Barangan Buatan Malaysia campaign smile.gif

uhhhhhh just go investigate, find a locally assembled car vs the same model assembled overseas.

sorry but the only things locally assembled i take are (1) Msian women, and (2) Msian food. Yumbs! brows.gif

killdavid
post Nov 26 2009, 07:13 PM

Senior Satire Officer
1,559 posts

QUOTE(pinchboyz @ Nov 26 2009, 06:45 PM)
1 question, what diff between CBU and CKD?
why so insist CBU???
Because Kia does not produce 100% of the car parts. They need external partners and suppliers. Like air cond, brake pads, windscreen, etc .... In Korea the have their own supplier, but when they assemble here, they will try to source from local supplier which will be much cheaper. There are bound to be difference in material of the local supplied product. If local supplier can't meet specifications, they may drop the accessory related to the part.

But it is still a question of how much % of the car is locally assembled.

Burgerlim
post Nov 26 2009, 07:44 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(bobbychin @ Nov 26 2009, 05:02 PM)
Sluggish feeling differ from person to person...1.6 is ok for NORMAL use, if u have 4-5 adults in the car u'll feel heavy...and if with 4-5 adults going up genting, u'll know what ppl called "tarik lembu naik genting" . (u just gotta try this)..

1.6 acceleration guaranteed loose to vios or city.

burgerlim tried already ar?
Wah out for a meeting... and another 5 / 6 pages liao!! haaa...

nope... stock cant compare to vios (per tonne power, vios is still better) but vios is a very busy car driving.. (cos light body)... but at traction / handling / high speed, i take forte anyday..
i tried 6ppl sardin... still move well.. but you can really forget about fast pickup... (but never like engine is giving up.. thing) also for forte.. you really need to tell the CPU by pedal hard (yes its already v.v.sensitive..) then... comes CVVT.. feel.. haaa..

Added on November 26, 2009, 7:46 pm
QUOTE(vex @ Nov 26 2009, 04:25 PM)
in  my price list, it only write 3 item extra for the 2.0 version that is
1.) side and curtain air bag
2.) leather seat
3.) Motor Drivent Power Steering

ini saja oh. never mention about the Auto cruise.
haaa.. think twice for MDPS... you may not like it... (and its abit sensitive oh. mind you... ) haaa...
manual state cannot turn full longer then 5 secs..haaa.... tongue.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Burgerlim: Nov 26 2009, 07:46 PM
imperialrealcs
post Nov 26 2009, 07:55 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

today juz went to take a look.. plastic material is good, space is kinda crampy for a c-segment car, dashboard design is rather bland, seating behind is not syok coz all my vision was blocked, no shift lock.. all in all i think it juz like a normal car coz i havent test drive yo~
styling is good definitely drool.gif
pinchboyz
post Nov 26 2009, 07:56 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(choobee @ Nov 26 2009, 07:09 PM)
wow you must be a supporter of Beli Barangan Buatan Malaysia campaign smile.gif

uhhhhhh just go investigate, find a locally assembled car vs the same model assembled overseas. 

sorry but the only things locally assembled i take are (1) Msian women, and (2) Msian food. Yumbs!  brows.gif
QUOTE(killdavid @ Nov 26 2009, 07:13 PM)
Because Kia does not produce 100% of the car parts. They need external partners and suppliers. Like air cond, brake pads, windscreen, etc .... In Korea the have their own supplier, but when they assemble here, they will try to source from local supplier which will be much cheaper. There are bound to be difference in material of the local supplied product. If local supplier can't meet specifications, they may drop the accessory related to the part.

But it is still a question of how much % of the car is locally assembled.
izit becoz of local ppl process, or local parts quality?
redz3
post Nov 26 2009, 08:11 PM

0 posts

Don't dare to book now yet coz afraid still get the CKD one.

Just wait for the CKD showroom model next year , testdrive it .. touch,feel, inspect then decide.

Hopefully the 2.0 , even if CKD, comes with autocruise and foldable mirrors.

Hopefully the CKD means only re-assembling the door and wheels in Gurun. Body and 100% parts from Korea.

My bro brought the Peugeot 308THP last month. Suppose to be CKD ... but my detail inspection reveals every single bit of engravement and labels in any hidden part of the car are in french. No Buatan malaysia.

My bro said the car arrived without steering wheels and door panels. Easy to reassemble the steering wheel coz got no remote buttons on it.

Hopefully forte's CKD means just reassembling the door panels ..or better still just means changing the emblem to NAZA.

Added on November 26, 2009, 8:13 pmtrivia .. measured the width end to end of forte's rear seat. It's 5 cm more wider than my old vios.

This post has been edited by redz3: Nov 26 2009, 08:13 PM
killdavid
post Nov 26 2009, 08:13 PM

Senior Satire Officer
1,559 posts

QUOTE(pinchboyz @ Nov 26 2009, 07:56 PM)
izit becoz of local ppl process, or local parts quality?
has to do with both i think. Local QC a little lenient.
shamsul_LP
post Nov 26 2009, 08:17 PM

On my way
642 posts

i'm in dillemma to book now or just wait...did u guy think this kia forte price tag will rise or not??

This post has been edited by shamsul_LP: Nov 26 2009, 08:23 PM
redz3
post Nov 26 2009, 08:22 PM

0 posts

I know this is off topic. But just wondering .. has anyone ever bought an MPV to accomodate 3 small kids who don't get along well if sitting close to each other in the rear seat of a car ..... only later to regret it coz none of the kids actually want to sit on the third row seat of an MPV.

Wife reluctant to get forte as next car coz prefer an MPV for our 3 small kids.
It's probably the only argument i have to get forte instead of grand livina opr exora.

Any suppoeters/...
victor87
post Nov 26 2009, 08:27 PM

Casual
430 posts

IS Naza bringing in the manual version??

choobee
post Nov 26 2009, 08:32 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

@redz3:
i don't support you, i say ignore the wife, listen to the little man voice in your head telling you to buy the forte smile.gif

ask any man who's listened to his wife when making car-buying decisions, sure regret one. women make these decisions based on logic and practicalness. BORINGGGG!

men rely on being tempted by the car's sexy curves, and what other ppl think of them when they see them driving that awesome cool car! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by choobee: Nov 26 2009, 08:33 PM
bomberman
post Nov 26 2009, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(Burgerlim @ Nov 26 2009, 07:44 PM)
Wah out for a meeting... and another 5 / 6 pages liao!! haaa...

nope... stock cant compare to vios (per tonne power, vios is still better) but vios is a very busy car driving.. (cos light body)... but at traction / handling / high speed, i take forte anyday..
i tried 6ppl sardin... still move well.. but you can really forget about fast pickup... (but never like engine is giving up.. thing) also for forte.. you really need to tell the CPU by pedal hard (yes its already v.v.sensitive..) then... comes CVVT.. feel.. haaa..

Added on November 26, 2009, 7:46 pm

haaa.. think twice for MDPS... you may not like it... (and its abit sensitive oh. mind you... ) haaa...
manual state cannot turn full longer then 5 secs..haaa....  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
mind to explain if more than 5 sec what will happen???
demio121
post Nov 26 2009, 09:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,084 posts

i visit the Puchong showroom and was told come CKD, the whole car will be decorated with Naza badge. No more Kia inside, Naza outside.

There are some 2.0 in the initial 500 from Korea and whoever get it is lucky. About the auto-cruise thingy, sales guy say there will be no auto-cruise even in 2.0. so if you got it in the initial batch of Forte you are lucky but then again this is Naza we are talking about so we neva know what will happen come 2 months.

i like the cool idea where the boot won't look if you accidently leave the key inside the boot. kinda show tat Kia put a lot of thought into the design of the Forte.
redz3
post Nov 26 2009, 09:12 PM

0 posts

demio121 ...
please remove the mazda3 pic coz its making me drool again. Mazda3 ... best handling compact car.
from redza3
sugen
post Nov 26 2009, 09:22 PM

Regular
1,357 posts

Hi Guys,
I am importing/selling ORIGINAL KIA emblem that fit perfectly for NAZA Forte! This emblem is to restore your NAZA Forte emblem back to KIA Forte!

Q&A
1.) Q: Can't i find this emblem anywhere in Malaysia or even from NAZA?
A: I had did that and trust me, you can't
find it in MALAYSIA

Remarks:
*Import directly form KOREA
*price is for 1 SET(Front/Rear)

user posted image

PM me if you are interested !

bomberman
post Nov 26 2009, 09:33 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(sugen @ Nov 26 2009, 09:22 PM)
Hi Guys,
      I am importing/selling ORIGINAL KIA emblem that fit perfectly for NAZA Forte! This emblem is to restore your NAZA Forte emblem back to KIA Forte!

Q&A
        find it in MALAYSIA

Remarks:
user posted image

wah~~.... sugen... from autoworld sell emblem until lowyat arr..... how's ur Rondo???
anyway... what's the price of this emblem for forte?? why cannot reveal here???
sugen
post Nov 26 2009, 09:45 PM

Regular
1,357 posts

Same price la.. U from there to here too?
madman.com
post Nov 26 2009, 09:59 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(sugen @ Nov 26 2009, 09:22 PM)
Hi Guys,

Q&A
         find it in MALAYSIA

Remarks:
user posted image

Bro, u maybe can't find it in Malayisa, but u sure can find tonnes of kia emblem in Ebay. brows.gif brows.gif brows.gif brows.gif

P/s : u can also change it to Soul's emblem..... cool2.gif

This post has been edited by madman.com: Nov 26 2009, 10:00 PM
bomberman
post Nov 26 2009, 10:25 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(sugen @ Nov 26 2009, 09:45 PM)
Same price la.. U from there to here too?
nope... just i always follow the Rondo section as previously think want to get this RONdo.... but Now is FORTE rclxm9.gif

Good seller here... those who need just buy from him....

144 Pages « < 139 140 141 142 143 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0274sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 AM