Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kia Forte, When will this beauty launch in MAS?

views

0hmyg0d
post Nov 26 2009, 10:35 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

how much is the emblems?
any discount for group buying and... do u have the rim cap or whatever ppl call it?
kenincf
post Nov 26 2009, 10:41 PM

0 posts

It's called wheel cap... smile.gif
pinchboyz
post Nov 26 2009, 10:57 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(kenincf @ Nov 26 2009, 10:41 PM)
It's called wheel cap... smile.gif
more specific - center cap....
wheel cap is for those steel wheel, the fake looking cap....

if the rims localized, u can't just buy from KIA, as the size is totally diff...
unless the designer commonize it....

This post has been edited by pinchboyz: Nov 26 2009, 10:59 PM
saimatkong
post Nov 27 2009, 12:32 AM

1,932 posts

fote.my This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.

haha...too many ppl visit.
0hmyg0d
post Nov 27 2009, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(pinchboyz @ Nov 26 2009, 10:57 PM)
more specific - center cap....
wheel cap is for those steel wheel, the fake looking cap....

if the rims localized, u can't just buy from KIA, as the size is totally diff...
unless the designer commonize it....
but still.. need to try my luck to get it..
the naza logo really spoils the look of the car..
eteractive
post Nov 27 2009, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

QUOTE(Fortelover @ Nov 26 2009, 04:57 PM)
To all my fellow Forte Lovers/Admirers,
I'm now going for 1.6SX, changing my initial plan to get the 2.0SX. Reasons...

1) Dunno what's the exact release date for the 2.0SX? like JoLee & Bomberman's notes, very likely next year (Jan?Mar? Apr? dunno)... and by then, it could well be a CKD (who know they might start to produce locally due to high demand? The Manager told me all recently arrived are "CBU" and are all 1.6)
2) Tested drive the 1.6SX 2 times and SATISFIED ! 1 short distance, another farther.. clear road, traffic light, uphill (flyover), traffic jam.. all worked well for me. It's more than sufficient for my daily commute around town.. not to forget there were 3 adults & 3 kids in the car. FC from initial 15.3l/100km drop to 14.2l/100km.. so far no sluggish feeling
3) 1.6Sx means cheaper installments/road tax/insurance.. if 1.6SX is already sufficient, no need for 2.0 already..

Loan approved @ 9y for 3.1%. Now waiting for the Branch's confirmation on car allocation (cos Clear White is really high demand).. Once allocation is confirmed, can pay the remaining down-payment and drive home my Forte. The car is spacious, comfortable, and well sufficient for my family. Decision made, deal closed.
Hey, which branch you went to? You can get 3.1% for 9 years? Which bank too?

Have fun with your new car! smile.gif
MangO
post Nov 27 2009, 03:10 AM

LYN Addict
557 posts

QUOTE(choobee @ Nov 26 2009, 08:32 PM)
@redz3:
i don't support you, i say ignore the wife, listen to the little man voice in your head telling you to buy the forte smile.gif

ask any man who's listened to his wife when making car-buying decisions, sure regret one. women make these decisions based on logic and practicalness. BORINGGGG!

men rely on being tempted by the car's sexy curves, and what other ppl think of them when they see them driving that awesome cool car!  laugh.gif
And that is how they came about to marry their wife! Haha! But seriously can you fit all your stuff for your family in a forte? I am pretty sure there are a lot of things you need to bring for the kids? How about an outstation trip? Might in the end get two cars? tongue.gif Forte + Alza.
mystvearn
post Nov 27 2009, 05:26 AM

5,870 posts

QUOTE(Spawnster @ Nov 26 2009, 04:34 PM)
wahlau...fuel subsidy based on engine capacity? then how about those who drive civic hybrid w 1.3cc engine? pay same as myvi owners even though obviously civic owner is higher income? how about those who drive 2.5cc 4x4 pickups? pay like 2.5cc petrol engines?
QUOTE(demio121 @ Nov 26 2009, 04:38 PM)
gosh... based on cc.... that rotary engine in RX8 is oni 1.3 but it gulp.  The new bimmer 7-series is 3.0 but return 9 l/km (which is better than my 2.0).

who thought of all this formula in the government la???
Hmm, my thought exactly. Use RX-8. 1.3l engine. Or mini one, small engine. biggrin.gif

If I were in the market for a car now, I would buy this one. But then again, I am not. Also, NAZA are known to be desperate sellers. IF its not flying of the shelf in few months, they release newer version with lots of goodies. Remember that tringle light car from Naza. Forgot what was that name. The signal indicator at A pillar. The car which meant to give Myvi a run for its money. Cannot find the car now.

I tried to go to the NAZA microsite. Say overbandwith. Looks like NAZA suck in customer satisfaction. Or maybe they just suck at customer service for low end market. I bet if buy ferrari, you will not get the same treatment.
iluvena
post Nov 27 2009, 09:42 AM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Nov 27 2009, 05:26 AM)
Hmm, my thought exactly. Use RX-8. 1.3l engine. Or mini one, small engine.  biggrin.gif

If I were in the market for a car now, I would buy this one. But then again, I am not. Also, NAZA are known to be desperate sellers. IF its not flying of the shelf in few months, they release newer version with lots of goodies. Remember that tringle light car from Naza. Forgot what was that name. The signal indicator at A pillar. The car which meant to give Myvi a run for its money. Cannot find the car now.

I tried to go to the NAZA microsite. Say overbandwith. Looks like NAZA suck in customer satisfaction. Or maybe they just suck at customer service for low end market. I bet if buy ferrari, you will not get the same treatment.
i beg to differ. its a good sign because the microsite overbandwith. it's mean that the public response is enormous.
they just dont expect them to be like this.

most of us who book early because we already made research especially on SG market.
the only doubt is after sales service. but most car maker also face the same problem with some service center.

i guess we should seek the best service center only. not all incompetent.
smile.gif

chaostan
post Nov 27 2009, 10:04 AM

Enthusiast
785 posts

Guys. anyone have inside info or can confirm if i would book for 2.0 on first week of Dec, when is the fastest can i get the car? Preferable before CNY can?
iluvena
post Nov 27 2009, 10:12 AM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(chaostan @ Nov 27 2009, 10:04 AM)
Guys. anyone have inside info or can confirm if i would book for 2.0 on first week of Dec, when is the fastest can i get the car? Preferable before CNY can?
sorry. although some said can get the car mid december, some said only on feb/march 2009... i will say you should expect only next year can get the car.
coz they only have few units for 2.0 cbu. so to be on the safe side, NAZA said only feb/march 2010 can deliver.
for those who book early, they might get the chance to get the 2.0 mid december. but the chances is like throwing a dice.

This post has been edited by iluvena: Nov 27 2009, 10:13 AM
Spawnster
post Nov 27 2009, 10:18 AM

Casual
474 posts

so far how many lyn forummers have booked the car? can update?

chaostan
post Nov 27 2009, 10:30 AM

Enthusiast
785 posts

Guys, if let say I have paid RM1k for deposit, when is the time that i need to settle the remaining 10% deposit of the car? Can I paid when tha days come nearer once the SA inform you that your car is ready for collection (eg 1 week before collection of the car)? Is it the procedure like this?
iluvena
post Nov 27 2009, 10:30 AM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(Spawnster @ Nov 27 2009, 10:18 AM)
so far how many lyn forummers have booked the car? can update?
i get this from page 127

FORTE 1.6 (EX & SX):
1) julz76 (SX - Clear White or Metal Bronze)
2) jimmy.soo (SX - Titanium Silver)
3) 0hmyg0d (SX - clear white)
4) ylchew77 (SX - clear white or black) er... not metalic white meh?
5) yhlee12 (SX - titanium silver)
6) iluvena (SX - clear white)
7) fezbone84 (SX - black)
8) ansonyyc (SX - metal bronze)
9) titarium (SX - white/silver/M.silver)

0 EX, 9 SX
2 Titanium Silver, 2 Clear White, 1, Black, 1 Metal Bronze, 3 Undecided

FORTE 2.0SX:
1) bomberman (Titanium Silver)
2) yvroomc (Titanium Silver)
3) phelix (Clear White)
4) Fortelover (Clear White)
5) twtang (Titatinium Silver)
6) jackyap84 (Clear white)
7) teeym (clear white)
8) kennyphan (clear white)

3 Titanium Silver, 5 Clear White

PPS For 15% Group Discount:
1) julz76
2) phelix
3) bomberman
4) Fortelover
5) yhlee12
6) jimmy.soo
7) teeym
8) kennyphan

Added on November 27, 2009, 10:34 am
QUOTE(chaostan @ Nov 27 2009, 10:30 AM)
Guys, if let say I have paid RM1k for deposit, when is the time that i need to settle the remaining 10% deposit of the car? Can I paid when tha days come nearer once the SA inform you that your car is ready for collection (eg 1 week before collection of the car)? Is it the procedure like this?
i believe you should pay once the car ready and loan approved (loan should be fast within 3 days to 1 week)
they will hold the stock for 2 weeks after car has been allocated to your booking

This post has been edited by iluvena: Nov 27 2009, 10:37 AM
Spawnster
post Nov 27 2009, 10:35 AM

Casual
474 posts

i believe u need to settle the remaining 10% once loan approved. don't matter when u'll get the car, am i right?

iluvena
post Nov 27 2009, 10:38 AM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(Spawnster @ Nov 27 2009, 10:35 AM)
i believe u need to settle the remaining 10% once loan approved. don't matter when u'll get the car, am i right?
but the loan only valid for one month right... if no stock need to re-apply once new stock arrive?
madman20
post Nov 27 2009, 10:46 AM

The S.PIG
2,775 posts

Why aren't you guys creating a new thread? Already exceeded the thread limit already D:

Also..I'm still waiting for my refund..a week plus already..still no news T_T
iluvena
post Nov 27 2009, 10:48 AM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(madman20 @ Nov 27 2009, 10:46 AM)
Why aren't you guys creating a new thread? Already exceeded the thread limit already D:

Also..I'm still waiting for my refund..a week plus already..still no news T_T
need to wait for those who willing to create new thread
kekekeke. prefer someone who his life committed to LYN
haha
madman20
post Nov 27 2009, 10:52 AM

The S.PIG
2,775 posts

Lool..sooner or later a mod sure will come in and ask someone to do it =X
shamsul_LP
post Nov 27 2009, 11:07 AM

On my way
522 posts

i also want to ask this question...

QUOTE(iluvena @ Nov 27 2009, 10:38 AM)
but the loan only valid for one month right... if no stock need to re-apply once new stock arrive?
my SA sales, if i book now i will get CBU unit but have to wait for 3month....fastest can get this february...they said, they collect order from whole malaysia & order & hv to wait 3month from now becoz CBU model now in Malaysia very2 limited quantity....
so my question is, if i book now, should i apply loan now, or wait till this february???

This post has been edited by shamsul_LP: Nov 27 2009, 11:09 AM

144 Pages « < 140 141 142 143 144 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1004sec    1.97    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 01:09 PM