Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kia Forte, When will this beauty launch in MAS?

views

pinchboyz
post Nov 26 2009, 03:39 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(0hmyg0d @ Nov 26 2009, 01:27 AM)
err,today i try to spot sumthing from the car to differentiate CBU or CKD..
finally, at the passenger door.. there's a plate engraved with a series of numbers..
not sure what number is that coz all words are in korean...

but stil this cant be the way v differentiate.. coz CKD onli assemble doors, tires and so forth..
no idea.. from me icon_question.gif
i bet that plate u mean is VIN plate

QUOTE(iluvena @ Nov 26 2009, 09:02 AM)
been there at pavi, but only after the launch party.
get the brochure and specifications detail.

at first look likes nobody care about our existence (me & gf)
then came indian guy, kind of manager from kg baru branch, have a chit chat a  bit. he's a nice guy, and he ask whether want to take pics or not.

then a product manager talk with us, have a chit chat after took the pics. they treat us nicely. i got 2 copy of the same pics. they even process my pics first before others (which took earlier)

and for those who looks for bodykit, hold your wallet tight coz u might lose some money next year. hehe
there will be one sole distributor for bodykit, called NZ (or enzed - i'm not so sure on the spelling) in KL. they will sell bodykit for forte and other accessories too!

so no pics but the Red forte is damn nice. it makes the white forte looks ordinary (side by side).. hehe
NZ Galaxy

QUOTE(JC999 @ Nov 26 2009, 01:10 PM)
wah.. doesn't sound very efficient to me.

15" rims?
KIA improve their transmission and also FC, test drive 1, then you will know.

QUOTE(JoLee @ Nov 26 2009, 03:12 PM)
Another new story to add to the confusion. 2.0 only available next year and it is CKD. I wonder how does Naza manage their operations.

Ask them 2.0 got auto cruise say got. Side mirror can fold also got. I think their sales people really blur about what is in the car spec.

Someone should feedback to Kia that their launching is badly planned with different SA telling you when you can get the car or what is the car accessories.
mind to tell which branch give u that first statement....

some of the SA they really dun do their homework...
most of the SA just newly grad from acedamy, and were there for fun.. they nvr appreciate their job...

Added on November 26, 2009, 3:41 pm
QUOTE(JoLee @ Nov 25 2009, 10:24 PM)
I booked my car at Taman Maluri this evening. Funny thing is that he is confident that the car can be delivered in 2 weeks if the loan is in order. Do you think the SA is not telling the truth as I can see from others who booked earlier saying they can't get the 2.0 Forte.

He said that out of 500 cars, 300 are 2.0, 100 for the 1.6ex and 1.6sx. Over 100 units had been sold in Langkawi as it was opened for booking a few months ago.
QUOTE(kennyphan @ Nov 25 2009, 10:29 PM)
SURE not truth info! He may con you so u booked for him to achieve sales target!!!
Pls refer previous post for detail.

1st batch 500 units only for 1.6EX and 1.6SX.
Spicy Red only available for 1.6EX.
But, only 200+ units for sales coz 300+ for show unit and test unit
wondering where all these wrong information came from?

This post has been edited by pinchboyz: Nov 26 2009, 03:41 PM
pinchboyz
post Nov 26 2009, 06:45 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

1 question, what diff between CBU and CKD?
why so insist CBU???

pinchboyz
post Nov 26 2009, 07:56 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(choobee @ Nov 26 2009, 07:09 PM)
wow you must be a supporter of Beli Barangan Buatan Malaysia campaign smile.gif

uhhhhhh just go investigate, find a locally assembled car vs the same model assembled overseas. 

sorry but the only things locally assembled i take are (1) Msian women, and (2) Msian food. Yumbs!  brows.gif
QUOTE(killdavid @ Nov 26 2009, 07:13 PM)
Because Kia does not produce 100% of the car parts. They need external partners and suppliers. Like air cond, brake pads, windscreen, etc .... In Korea the have their own supplier, but when they assemble here, they will try to source from local supplier which will be much cheaper. There are bound to be difference in material of the local supplied product. If local supplier can't meet specifications, they may drop the accessory related to the part.

But it is still a question of how much % of the car is locally assembled.
izit becoz of local ppl process, or local parts quality?
pinchboyz
post Nov 26 2009, 10:57 PM

Regular
1,710 posts

QUOTE(kenincf @ Nov 26 2009, 10:41 PM)
It's called wheel cap... smile.gif
more specific - center cap....
wheel cap is for those steel wheel, the fake looking cap....

if the rims localized, u can't just buy from KIA, as the size is totally diff...
unless the designer commonize it....

This post has been edited by pinchboyz: Nov 26 2009, 10:59 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:10 PM