Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

91 Pages « < 88 89 90 91 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mac servicing, emergency tips, General knowledge on Mac issues (Hardware)

views

bmt261a
post Feb 27 2019, 10:04 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(mcdeck @ Nov 9 2018, 12:00 PM)
Hi all. I am a proud owner of Macbook Pro Late 2011 and still loving it. I have this issue since last couple of years which my MBP won't charge the battery. The indicator on the magsafe will stays green. Cleaned the port few times too. SMC reset? Of course I have done it.

At first I thought it was a bad battery problem so that I bought 2 replacement batteries and replace it. The battery will then drained to 0 from which state I got since bought even plugged onto the magsafe power adapters.

I use my wife charger to try whether my own charger is the culprit, but I can confirm that there has nothing to do with the chargers as both chargers works well with my wife's MBP (late 2011 too).

I then sent for repair to one of the computer for them to have further inspection (I contacted Apple support online and they could give any support for this older model). This has end up to frustration as they could not do anything on the issue and they couldn't even tell what is real problem.

The only thing I can do now to power up the MBP is by dissemble the battery and install on wife's MBP to charge it. After fully charged, install back on mine and turn it on with no issue. The weird thing is that if the battery installed is fully 100% charged and connected to magsafe, it won't drain?! This is the best I can do to keep my worthy book to live but need to sacrifice the mobility of which I need to operate it with charger every single time. Or else I will need to dissemble and charge on my wife's book.

Last few days, I got a 3 beeps which I can confirm that it was a bad memory caused the issue. Tried reinsert and clean but to no avail.

I still loves the MBP but then it will cause more than bucks to restore, ie: new ram, maybe new motherboard? idk

Your support is much appreciated on this.  icon_question.gif
did u solve the issue?
mcdeck
post Mar 4 2019, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(bmt261a @ Feb 27 2019, 10:04 AM)
did u solve the issue?
Nope, not at all. the Macbook is now in my store. sad.gif
ikmalrozlan
post Mar 23 2019, 06:06 PM

23 posts

I have a 2014 Macbook Air with 4GB (bad decision on my part cause i was a clueless kid) and it's lagging like crazy now so i really wanna try and see if i could find someone who could upgrade the RAM before deciding to just buy a brand new laptop.

I'm perfectly aware that the RAM is soldered on the motherboard but I've found several videos showing how this is still possible (albeit difficult and risky).

Most repair stores I ask refuse to risk it so I'm just wondering if anyone here knows anyone who's done this before?

kkm
post Mar 27 2019, 09:42 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

I can see several things that could go wrong and brick the MBA...
GBP56
post Apr 16 2019, 05:06 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(ikmalrozlan @ Mar 23 2019, 06:06 PM)
I have a 2014 Macbook Air with 4GB (bad decision on my part cause i was a clueless kid) and it's lagging like crazy now so i really wanna try and see if i could find someone who could upgrade the RAM before deciding to just buy a brand new laptop.

I'm perfectly aware that the RAM is soldered on the motherboard but I've found several videos showing how this is still possible (albeit difficult and risky).

Most repair stores I ask refuse to risk it so I'm just wondering if anyone here knows anyone who's done this before?

Let me know if you found someone to do this. I have a MacBook air with RAM issues that won't start at all. Would be great if someone could do this
dman
post Apr 17 2019, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
281 posts

Guys currently my mac unable to load into login screen, the progress startup bar takes forever. Repair using disk utilities also to no avail.

If I were to reinstall os in recovery mode, it won't erase my data and settings right?

Or anyone of u got solution for this issue?

TSwei
post Apr 17 2019, 09:55 AM

Get your Macs done right!
6,347 posts

QUOTE(dman @ Apr 17 2019, 09:31 AM)
Guys currently my mac unable to load into login screen, the progress startup bar takes forever. Repair using disk utilities also to no avail.

If I were to reinstall os in recovery mode, it won't erase my data and settings right?

No backups??
bukechi
post Apr 17 2019, 10:04 AM

Casual
329 posts

QUOTE(ikmalrozlan @ Mar 23 2019, 06:06 PM)

what type of ram its use? easy get?
dman
post Apr 17 2019, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
281 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Apr 17 2019, 09:55 AM)
No backups??
Haven't really backup yet and not sure how to.

Will look for backup method too on the Internet.

If anyone of u might have encountered this issue too probably can give ur experience sharing and solution.

Xnet
post Apr 17 2019, 11:30 AM

Regular
1,694 posts

QUOTE(dman @ Apr 17 2019, 10:15 AM)
Haven't really backup yet and not sure how to.

Will look for backup method too on the Internet.

If anyone of u might have encountered this issue too probably can give ur experience sharing and solution.
SuperDuper
simcom86
post Apr 17 2019, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(dman @ Apr 17 2019, 09:31 AM)

Get a new HDD or SSD n replace it, the ori HDD/SSD attached to external casing to copy file out.
DCXW
post May 1 2019, 03:23 PM

Casual
430 posts

Hi Everyone,

I have a dead SSD in my 2014 11" MacBook Air model number A1465.
I went to IT Store @ Starling mall to get a quotation and they are charging me RM2k+ for new ssd + installation of MAC OS. Told them okay ill consider 1st.
I then look for other alternative, which is to repair it on my own. Upon doing some research, I found out that the MBA SSD is proprietary design. The pins compare to current m.2 pcie ssd are different. So I search for any SSD that matches apple proprietary design and turns out Transcend do make SSD that is compatible with Apple MacBook. But price wise it was RM700 bucks. And its SATA3 PCIE 240GB only. There has to be a cheaper way.

So a little bit of digging and I found out that there are some people that use normal NVME M.2 SSD + adapter to install it to the MBA ssd slot.
So a bit of searching on Lazada and I found it.
SSD Adapter
Description writes cant support x4 nvme ssd and only M key supported. Okay, went ahead to aliexpress to search as well.
Aliexpress Adapter
The funny thing is here it shows Samsung 960 EVO can be used even tho it is a x4 SSD.
So okay, if like this I can buy a NVME x4 SSDfor just RM200 bucks if this really works.
Oh and I read some youtube user comments that their sleep/wake function is wonky. I don't know how badly it will affect the system too.
But they say certain SSD adapters might have caused it. So they recommend this SSD adapter.
Sintech SSD Adapter
I am now currently cracking my head on how should I fix it or even just sell it as a last resort.

Any Macbook User care to advice about this situation ? Thanks in advance notworthy.gif
Rightslash
post May 31 2019, 02:40 AM

17 posts

Anyone knows who can repair Staingate on macbook pro retina? (also known as MacBook Pro Anti-Reflective Coating Repair)

user posted image
TSwei
post May 31 2019, 10:42 AM

6,347 posts

There are no fix on this as we aware, if your Mac was purchased within 4 years, send it back to Apple for a new display.
Rightslash
post Jun 1 2019, 12:04 AM

17 posts

never bothered changing it until now, but this year is the 4th year sad.gif
TSwei
post Jun 1 2019, 01:17 PM

6,347 posts

Go try send to Apple or call them up to confirm if still cover.
Oh_shit
post Jun 25 2019, 12:37 PM

21 posts

Hi guys. My Macbook pro 13' retina (late 2013) has only 130 ssd doh.gif

wanted to upgrade it, any recommendation where to upgrade? price same as PC ssd ?
SuperVelocity
post Jul 8 2019, 04:38 PM

Casual
332 posts

Hi guys, anybody know how to reformat macbook 13 mid 2011 model?

Been doing step by step from youtube but still fail to do so, now my macbook is super laggy.
TSwei
post Jul 8 2019, 04:53 PM

6,347 posts

QUOTE(SuperVelocity @ Jul 8 2019, 04:38 PM)
Hi guys, anybody know how to reformat macbook 13 mid 2011 model?

Been doing step by step from youtube but still fail to do so, now my macbook is super laggy.
Pay someone to do it if you can't DIY. Reformat and reinstallation usually takes 30mins or less done by us. Just visit any service provider near you if you are not in town.
G.Loomis
post Jul 9 2019, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

guys, macbook pro 15 2017 retinaiforgotwhatmodelis. Rarely use it but why very difficult to flip open. try hard until seal getah there koyak already

91 Pages « < 88 89 90 91 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0441sec    4.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 03:10 PM