goldfish has a short life span right.. also hard to keep
TSkent kt
post Aug 29 2007, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(rubicube @ Aug 27 2007, 11:19 PM)
tks kent kt,

Any antibiotics to recommend?

Need I separate the 'sick' goldfish from the healthy ones?

Currently, i separated the small 'bandaraya' just in case.
Better ask your LFS for antibiotics and how to use the antibiotics.
rubicube
post Aug 29 2007, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

After these few days, I have poured 2 out of 4 servings of the yellowish stuff i mentioned earlier in my post. The result is that the injured ranchu has recovered in terms of the reddish blood on it's body. However, one side of it's body (the rear) still has this scales jutting out a little (like 45 degree spikes).

I am still separating the 'bandaraya' from the pond!
TSkent kt
post Aug 29 2007, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(hanissyazwan @ Aug 29 2007, 04:08 AM)
What do you use for keeping a goldfish, fishbowl or small tank, with or without filter, a good quality of water will keep the goldfish healthy most of the time plus weekly water changes. Must know how to choose a healthy goldfish in the shop before you buy. Goldfish have a very long lifespan if you can maintain a good quality water.

Added on August 29, 2007, 11:50 am
QUOTE(rubicube @ Aug 29 2007, 11:37 AM)
After these few days, I have poured 2 out of 4 servings of the yellowish stuff i mentioned earlier in my post. The result is that the injured ranchu has recovered in terms of the reddish blood on it's body. However, one side of it's body (the rear) still has this scales jutting out a little (like 45 degree spikes).

I am still separating the 'bandaraya' from the pond!
Is your goldfish swim around or eat food? better be careful with this 'bandaraya' bacause some 'bandaraya' got 3 spike on the body and sometime will injured your goldfish.

This post has been edited by kent kt: Aug 29 2007, 11:50 AM
rubicube
post Aug 29 2007, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

Yes, the rachu is swimming well and eating food all this time.

Luckily i removed the 'bandaraya' earlier.
TSkent kt
post Aug 30 2007, 08:26 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(rubicube @ Aug 29 2007, 02:28 PM)
Yes, the rachu is swimming well and eating food all this time.

Luckily i removed the 'bandaraya' earlier.
Than this should be a good sign of recovery but make sure the fish is totally recover than putting it back to the main tank. So what are you going to do with 'bandaraya' this fish will later injure other fish again.
bebee
post Aug 30 2007, 02:51 PM

My Baby Hunny Bunny
2,979 posts

bandaraya fish especially when pregnant they will be fierce & they will injured other fish as well
rubicube
post Aug 30 2007, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(kent kt @ Aug 30 2007, 08:26 AM)
Than this should be a good sign of recovery but make sure the fish is totally recover than putting it back to the main tank. So what are you going to do with 'bandaraya' this fish will later injure other fish again.
The initial injury was done by the larger 'bandaraya', which was larger than the goldfish. The smaller one just continue to add injury. I think after the fish is cured 100%, i'll put the small 'bandaraya' back in. (er, Is there a name for the 'bandaraya'?)
TSkent kt
post Aug 31 2007, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(bebee @ Aug 30 2007, 02:51 PM)
bandaraya fish especially when pregnant they will be fierce & they will injured other fish as well
Wow, bebee i haven't seen any bandaraya pregnant what it's look like?

Added on August 31, 2007, 8:05 pm
QUOTE(rubicube @ Aug 30 2007, 03:16 PM)
The initial injury was done by the larger 'bandaraya', which was larger than the goldfish. The smaller one just continue to add injury. I think after the fish is cured 100%, i'll put the small 'bandaraya' back in. (er, Is there a name for the 'bandaraya'?)
Mostly ppl call 'bandaraya' don't know what is the real name.

This post has been edited by kent kt: Aug 31 2007, 08:05 PM
yawhong
post Sep 3 2007, 09:31 AM

ordentlichen Kerl
949 posts

when small i always like to keep gold fish as pet.. but don know why they so easily die lar... die till i finally give up
bebee
post Sep 3 2007, 10:30 AM

My Baby Hunny Bunny
2,979 posts

QUOTE(kent kt @ Aug 31 2007, 08:02 PM)
Wow, bebee i haven't seen any bandaraya pregnant what it's look like?

Added on August 31, 2007, 8:05 pm
Mostly ppl call 'bandaraya' don't know what is the real name.
i remember when i was young the bandaraya attack my sis when she is cleaning the aquarium
the bandaraya fish always stay at the sand there
every fish tat pass by also kena attack den my mum have a look after it attacked my sis hand
n say the bandaraya got baby thats why so firce
TSkent kt
post Sep 3 2007, 11:38 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(yawhong @ Sep 3 2007, 09:31 AM)
when small i always like to keep gold fish as pet.. but don know why they so easily die lar... die till i finally give up
Yawhong,
Welcome to our goldfish lover place, So now you don't have any goldfish lah, can you tell me why are your goldfish died? there should be a disease or a bad water quallity make your goldfish fall sick lo. So are you going to keep a goldfish again?

Actually to keep a goldfish you must know a few thing, goldfish love to stay in clean water,big fish tank because they grown very fast but don't over crowded the tank, need a lot of O2 and time. Every week you will need time to change some water from the tank and try to look for disease on goldfish body.

Because you just tell me your goldfish die only, there should be some other thing that make your goldfish die, you not mention it here, so i can't help you very much.If you need some advice or help to setup a goldfish tank, just tell me i will try to help you.

Added on September 3, 2007, 11:50 am
QUOTE(bebee @ Sep 3 2007, 10:30 AM)
i remember when i was young the bandaraya attack my sis when she is cleaning the aquarium
the bandaraya fish always stay at the sand there
every fish tat pass by also kena attack den my mum have a look after it attacked my sis hand
n say the bandaraya got baby thats why so firce
If there is bandaraya inside my aquarium i won't put my hand inside the aquarium, this bandaraya is so ugly, normally i use net to catch the bandaraya and put it inside the bucket than only i start to clean my aquariums.

This post has been edited by kent kt: Sep 3 2007, 11:50 AM
rubicube
post Sep 6 2007, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

My goldfish i mentioned earlier died 2 days ago. To my suprise, it looks as though it has recovered. it was swimming ok and eating ok.

It just stayed motionless 2 days ago, and confirmed dead looking at the gills which were not moving at all.

I guess the scales were not cured and thus had infection. However, in my earlier postings, the redness dissapeared and i thought it was recovering!

In my 9 months, 2 goldfish died! Now left 7.

This post has been edited by rubicube: Sep 6 2007, 11:09 AM
TSkent kt
post Sep 6 2007, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(rubicube @ Sep 6 2007, 11:08 AM)
My goldfish i mentioned earlier died 2 days ago. To my suprise, it looks as though it has recovered. it was swimming ok and eating ok.

It just stayed motionless 2 days ago, and confirmed dead looking at the gills which were not moving at all.

I guess the scales were not cured and thus had infection. However, in my earlier postings, the redness dissapeared and i thought it was recovering!

In my 9 months, 2 goldfish died! Now left 7.
That's the problem we facing everytime went ours goldfish get injured, we don't know what going to happened next, sometime it was so sad to lost even one of the goldfish.

Last month one of my oranda died without knowing what the problem, it was sudden death, can see the goldfish slowly motionless and the gills stop pumping.

That why now in my tank i don't put sand or stone because if you put all this thing inside the tank all the dirt,unfinished food everything get stuck inside there so the next thing i will get water quality problem, So to make it easy for maintenance i keep away all those sand and stone thing.

Not so bad 9 months, 2 goldfish died, when my goldfish died it was my 2nd month hopefully no more goldfish will died.

Namgor2006
post Sep 7 2007, 08:13 PM

Casual
397 posts

can i know how long is the gold fish life span???
zheng
post Sep 7 2007, 08:19 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

wit a aquarium about 2 and half feet, i pun kaloi, sepat, bandaraya n little fish like gold fish inside. the kali fish very garang n always kejar my like gold fish. hahaha...
yawhong
post Sep 8 2007, 01:13 AM

ordentlichen Kerl
949 posts

QUOTE(kent kt @ Sep 3 2007, 11:38 AM)
Yawhong,
Welcome to our goldfish lover place, So now you don't have any goldfish lah, can you tell me why are your goldfish died? there should be a disease or a bad water quallity make your goldfish fall sick lo. So are you going to keep a goldfish again?   

Actually to keep a goldfish you must know a few thing, goldfish love to stay in clean water,big fish tank because they grown very fast but don't over crowded the tank, need a lot of O2 and time. Every week you will need time to change some water from the tank and try to look for disease on goldfish body.

Because you just tell me your goldfish die only, there should be some other thing that make your goldfish die, you not mention it here, so i can't help you very much.If you need some advice or help to setup a goldfish tank, just tell me i will try to help you.
i also don know what really happen.. i do change water quite frequent, have a big tank for few goldfish.. don know why always die... now i just keep 2 golden fish in a small tank.. i hope it is much more easy for me to take care.. i think should learn from take care just 2 gold fish instead of whole tank.. learn from begin gua...
goldfries
post Sep 8 2007, 01:16 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(hanissyazwan @ Aug 29 2007, 04:08 AM)
actually goldfish has long life span.

the thing is a lot of people don't know that for single goldfish, the optimum tank size is a 2ft tank. yes, 2ft tank for a single goldfish alone.

Added on September 8, 2007, 1:19 am
QUOTE(zheng @ Sep 7 2007, 08:19 PM)
wit a aquarium about 2 and half feet, i pun kaloi, sepat, bandaraya n little fish like gold fish inside. the kali fish very garang n always kejar my like gold fish. hahaha...
that's not the way to do it.

keep your goldfish to itself. and goldfish IS NOT a small fish.

the adult goldfish is bigger than a person's palm. if you consider the mass, the fella is HUGE cos say a 1ft tilapia, sure it's 12in in length, probably 6in in height but only 1in in width.

a goldfish on the other hand is a huge mass. a single adult goldfish has a mass that's more than 30 guppies, not surprisingly rivaling a fellow adult sized cichlid.

This post has been edited by goldfries: Sep 8 2007, 01:19 AM
TSkent kt
post Sep 8 2007, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(yawhong @ Sep 8 2007, 01:13 AM)
i also don know what really happen.. i do change water quite frequent, have a big tank for few goldfish.. don know why always die...  now i just keep 2 golden fish in a small tank.. i hope it is much more easy for me to take care.. i think should learn from take care just 2 gold fish instead of whole tank.. learn from begin gua...
Just change 20 to 25% of water weekly, not all the water. What type of filter you use? because goldfish are good eater so you need a good filter to clean the water. I use a 4 feet tank with a trickle filter and keep 6 goldfish, so far no problem. Just change water weekly.
yawhong
post Sep 8 2007, 05:49 PM

ordentlichen Kerl
949 posts

QUOTE(kent kt @ Sep 8 2007, 12:36 PM)
Just change 20 to 25% of water weekly, not all the water. What type of filter you use? because goldfish are good eater so you need a good filter to clean the water. I use a 4 feet tank with a trickle filter and keep 6 goldfish, so far no problem. Just change water weekly.
i also don know what type.. just small 1 cause just for 2 goldfish... ya the water should use clean water rite? i don dare use paip water..

20 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:38 PM