Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
127 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Street Fighter 4 Tournament Malaysia 2009, ARE YOU STILL A STREET FIGHTER?

views

Darkstalker
post Mar 2 2009, 07:43 AM

Getting Started
214 posts

Since you brought it up Rawfish, I'll just a give a bit of Balrog info:

When you want to Ultra someone in the air (juggle or counter hit), the easiest way for most damage is that you miss the second hit completely regardless, regardless of what the first hit was.

So it's PPKKK or KPKKK. The reason you miss the second hit is that when it hits, you either hit up to the 4th hit and miss the 5th (the most damaging one) or you hit only the first two hits and then the guy falls down BEHIND Balrog, which is really bad.

He can also actually Ultra from more positions than what I showed in the tournament, but I couldn't react fast enough on a pad.
rawfish
post Mar 2 2009, 09:02 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(Darkstalker @ Mar 2 2009, 07:43 AM)
Since you brought it up Rawfish, I'll just a give a bit of Balrog info:

When you want to Ultra someone in the air (juggle or counter hit), the easiest way for most damage is that you miss the second hit completely regardless, regardless of what the first hit was.

So it's PPKKK or KPKKK.  The reason you miss the second hit is that when it hits, you either hit up to the 4th hit and miss the 5th (the most damaging one) or you hit only the first two hits and then the guy falls down BEHIND Balrog, which is really bad.

He can also actually Ultra from more positions than what I showed in the tournament, but I couldn't react fast enough on a pad.
Through my limited knowledge (I don't use boxer), corner and mid-screen ranges are different, and yes the safest is KPKKK (2nd hit whiffs) I've seen most people connect it when opp. falls head to upper-torso level.

I can imagine you on a pad and yet still using a charge character. Painful to retain DB charges and/or charge buffers. Good for you to stick to it when you had chances to use a stick, which you were not used to.
neobita
post Mar 2 2009, 09:09 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

good games everybody... though my cammy didn't perform well on the second day... finally get to meet the online players and get to put their faces on the psn id... hehehe smile.gif

I use cammy by the way... lost to zangief...

good games, good time...
brastel
post Mar 2 2009, 09:34 AM

0 posts

Oh finally ive found this thread. xD

Couldnt make it to the 2nd day since Ive fallen sick (was already sick a day before the tourney but since i was desperate to get my SFIV fix, i joined anyway, heck even bought a stick, though ive only won once out of six matches T__T), I'm sure the matches're all exciting and regret not being there. Nonetheless, I'm glad to see that we now have a SF4 scene and i could only wish it to get bigger.

Nice meeting most of the guys at the tourney, I'm leaving back to Japan in 2 weeks and I was hoping maybe if there're any more tourneys/mini tourneys or even casuals, do let me know.. Id like to practice my Abel more, need to get back on my game biggrin.gif.

Last but not least, mad props to the organizers for organizing the event. Despite a few setbacks, I think overall its a well managed event.

We need more of this kinda thing in Malaysia! smile.gif
golbeza
post Mar 2 2009, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

wuahh cry.gif cry.gif , looks like my fei long didnt make it cry.gif
lost to gouken tongue.gif . good game dear players rclxms.gif
amd9999
post Mar 2 2009, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
154 posts

Huhuhu its fun tournament but i didnt make it to final.
Thx to all.. maybe someone can share all the tournament pics here..
its a first time playing PS3 SF4 .. so waiting for Tekken 6 tournament!!
HAHHAHA
taeru
post Mar 2 2009, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

weekly ranking battle, for a start, seems to be a good idea smile.gif
eddy230379
post Mar 2 2009, 12:20 PM

+]>> pL@Y bEyOnD <<[+
1,676 posts

some pics from the tourney guys ...

user posted image

Freddy @ 3rd place winner with his Hori SF4 Fight Stick ... i still hate his Blanka ... bruce.gif

user posted image

Rawfish tweaking his stick on the first day b4 the tourney started ... Damn ... his M. Bison is really good ...

user posted image

Me in the black t-shirt againts Freddy in the quarterfinals match ... me using Abel (should have used guile doh.gif ) vs. Blanka ... we have been playing with each other everyday since the first day SF4 was launched ... damn ... he knew all my moves ... vmad.gif ... Alan was enjoying our match in the background ... brows.gif
Alan ... nice Ryu cosplay by the way ... thumbup.gif

user posted image

Me & Chun Li ...
Alan ... can i bring her home or not ??? rclxm9.gif

user posted image

Sakura ... dangerous ... cannot simply kacau cos belongs to Alan ... brows.gif

user posted image

2nd from top left ... the famous TristanX ... me 3rd from left ... our champion Kenneth in the center ... Eugene 2nd from the right ... by the way eugene, whats ur id in lowyat.net ???
at the bottom row is Freddy, Rawfish and Mike ...

well ... i would like to sum up the tourney in 1 word ... FUN ... plus it was nice seeing so many SF fans and players gather around ...

notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by eddy230379: Mar 2 2009, 12:42 PM
TSalanmukkl
post Mar 2 2009, 12:49 PM

6 posts

DEAR STREET FIGHTER FANS !!!!

First of all, on behalf of the organizer, sponsors, partners and myself would like to say thank you to all of you and of course, CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners. Thank you for making this event a SUCCESS !!! We seriously cannot do it without you guys. The whole event is a success only when you guys are around....I am sure most of us had witness the MALAYSIAN STREET FIGHTING skills and I am very sure that we do have international standards...

Now, before I go on any further...If there is any way during the tournament that we make mistakes or said something wrong or made you guys waited for sometime for your match...we apologize in advance. I know there is some small setbacks and i hope you guys really did enjoy the 2 days tournament.

Street Fighter has been in my life since it came out and I told myself that I must do this event no matter what. I would love too to take part and later I think organizing it would be even better. I have seriously missed the time where we used to go to sungeiwang and fight among all and get POW...hahaha...seeing the scene yesterday really reminds me of myself during the younger time. You guys really did brought back that moment for me and I THANK YOU !!! HA and I got to dressed as RYU too...what else could I ask for more?

OK OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE THE WINNER HERE:

STREET FIGHTER 4 MALAYSIA CHAMPION 2009 : KENNETH AW (RYU)
RUNNER UP: MAK KIEN LEONG (KEN)
THIRD: KHOO KIAN CHUAN (BLANKA)
FOURTH: AIMAN ( BALROG)

I am draing the knock out score board now and will post it once its done.

Kenneth walk away with a Sony Playstation 3 and Street Figther 4 sponsored by SONY and RYU's Red Bandana...please bring bandana back next year ok?Tristan won himself a Dual Shock 3 controller and a Unreal Tournament Title. While Khoo got himself a Wireless Bluetooth and Aiman got himself a ps3 game of Unreal Tournament as well.

Also not forgetting Alissa who is the first Gal in any Street Fighter Tournament Malaysia who reached the Knock out stage !!!

After the Tournament, all of us walked into the Cinema in Cathay and we witnessed a rematch between Kenneth and Trstanx on the silver screen !!! And Kenneth of course...still remain the title even it was a rematch. I hope those who were in the cinema hall early before the movie enjoyed playing a few rounds of Street Fighter 4 on the big screen as it was a dream for me to play at such huge screen. Thanks to Cathay and Sony for giving us the opportunity to do so. It will be a memory....of perhaps, we will do it inside cinema hall next time? HAHAAH

Also to inform you guys that Outpost is planning for more street fighter league every week and preparing a place for all street fighter fans to do friendlies !!! Will create new post soon...

congratulations to Outpost Mini Tournament too: Both champion of Winners Pool and Losers pool won 2 original ps3 Shaun White and the rest of the contestant who didnt make it won lots of goodies too...

We at outpost events and Sony will DEFITNATELY bring more Street Fighter to you all and of course...MORE OF OTHER TOURNAMENT !!!

SHORYUKENLY YOURS,

ALAN aka Ryu

carloz28
post Mar 2 2009, 12:55 PM

Sons of Anarchy
444 posts

any video links for all the matches? Youtube?
TSalanmukkl
post Mar 2 2009, 01:00 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(EDK @ Mar 1 2009, 07:45 PM)

Thanks EDK,

I am a Street Fighter Fan too...so I just do what I feel right for me if I am a contestant....thanks!!! Couldnt do it without your SUPPORT EDK !!!

Wow very good tournament. Good organizer, good speakers, good players.
I didn't enter but still managed to snatch a goodies bag, the organizer were so generous.
Alan you guys done a very good job, best organized fighting game tournament i have seen in Malaysia so far thumbup.gif

And the results....

1) Ryu
2) Ken
3) Blanka
4) Balrog

Added on March 2, 2009, 1:03 pm
QUOTE(eddy230379 @ Mar 2 2009, 01:20 PM)

YES SAKURA belongs to me indeed !!!! You may take Chun Li home....hahahaha Thanks bro, for the picsand thank you so much for bing a great contestant and a friend !!! WIll do more for you all !!

some pics from the tourney guys ...

user posted image

Freddy @ 3rd place winner with his Hori SF4 Fight Stick ... i still hate his Blanka ... bruce.gif
user posted image

Rawfish tweaking his stick on the first day b4 the tourney started ... Damn ... his M. Bison is really good ...
user posted image

Me in the black t-shirt againts Freddy in the quarterfinals match ... me using Abel (should have used guile  doh.gif ) vs. Blanka ... we have been playing with each other everyday since the first day SF4 was launched ... damn ... he knew all my moves ...  vmad.gif  ... Alan was enjoying our match in the background ...  brows.gif
Alan ... nice Ryu cosplay by the way ...  thumbup.gif
user posted image

Me & Chun Li ...
Alan ... can i bring her home or not ???    rclxm9.gif
user posted image

Sakura ... dangerous ... cannot simply kacau cos belongs to Alan ... brows.gif
user posted image

2nd from top left ... the famous TristanX ... me 3rd from left ... our champion Kenneth in the center ... Eugene 2nd from the right ... by the way eugene, whats ur id in lowyat.net ???
at the bottom row is Freddy, Rawfish and Mike ...
well ... i would like to sum up the tourney in 1 word ... FUN ... plus it was nice seeing so many SF fans and players gather around ...

notworthy.gif
This post has been edited by alanmukkl: Mar 2 2009, 01:03 PM
SWATwolf
post Mar 2 2009, 01:04 PM

Casual
430 posts

1st of all, Thank you Alan and his team for bringing this tournament up!
Although I did not join, I definitely feel very happy to see Malaysian are so active in gaming community.
And also, for the 1st time I went to watch a SF tournament live! Instead of online streaming laugh.gif

Also, I want to thank rawfish to explain many covered information already.
Having short term memories and couldn't remember everything correctly.

QUOTE(MasterAlvin @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 AM)
one thing about the tourney that i'd like to suggest is maybe they should make the front row spectators sit or something, most of us had a really hard time trying to watch the game from outside the circle, although it was really only a minor part among all the other good things.
I think adding a projector screen, so it's easy for us to watch from far happy.gif

Ok la... pictures time~ nod.gif

WARNING! HIGH BANDWIDTH! VIEW THE PHOTO AT YOUR OWN RISK tongue.gif

Chun-li and Sakura
user posted image

Ryu is gonna sing us a song
user posted image

Cosplayer on the Day
user posted image

Freddy and Eddy
user posted image
SWATwolf
post Mar 2 2009, 01:08 PM

Casual
430 posts

Warmup before final Round
user posted image

I'll see you in HELL!
user posted image

A friendly hug before match started
user posted image

Interviewing Tristanx
user posted image

Final Match is about to begin
user posted image

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's the final MATCH!
user posted image

FatCatLim and Alan doing a Final Match MC
user posted image

SWATwolf
post Mar 2 2009, 01:11 PM

Casual
430 posts

Tristanx: We have a winner here!
user posted image

Ryu Kenneth and Ryu
user posted image

Kenneth - Street Fighter IV Champion for 2009
user posted image

Kenneth holding Ryu's pass down bandana
user posted image

Poor Alan kena stepped
user posted image

This post has been edited by SWATwolf: Mar 2 2009, 01:12 PM
SWATwolf
post Mar 2 2009, 01:13 PM

Casual
430 posts

Top 4 Winners for Street Fighters IV Tournament
user posted image

MasterAlvin, after tourney, chilling out at the otherside
user posted image

TING! ZOMG! DAN POSE! Look at Alan whistling.gif
p/s: Sorry, no sparkle for those who din show their teeth tongue.gif
user posted image

That's it for now. Thanks again for such a wonderful event, Alan! rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by SWATwolf: Mar 2 2009, 01:14 PM
engseng
post Mar 2 2009, 01:37 PM

Regular
1,961 posts

Wow, the Sakura cosplay girl is cute. Now where's the obligatory video of the matches?
Darkstalker
post Mar 2 2009, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
214 posts

My girlfriend recorded my match against Tristan during the Group B preliminaries.

I'll try to get that one up later.
TSalanmukkl
post Mar 2 2009, 02:26 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(carloz28 @ Mar 2 2009, 01:55 PM)
any video links for all the matches? Youtube?
Loading final video to you tube now....slow lerr. Patience....
ArticFir3
post Mar 2 2009, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(SWATwolf @ Mar 2 2009, 01:13 PM)

TING! ZOMG! DAN POSE! Look at Alan whistling.gif
p/s: Sorry, no sparkle for those who din show their teeth tongue.gif
user posted image
HAHA nice edit of the sparkle !! I was doing that pose as well but blocked by Aiman tongue.gif tongue.gif
guardioo
post Mar 2 2009, 02:37 PM

Casual
354 posts

first of all, organize well but need to improve
bracket list show bigger next time.
huge projector screen for us to see!

and the most important is, ask sony get more sony girl promoter please.

and i thought ken should be mat salleh and very handsome?

127 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:04 PM