Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

41 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Type of Grass for House Garden, Selecting type of grass for garden Renovations

views

newbie99
post Apr 24 2010, 04:51 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(pilotHans @ Apr 24 2010, 04:36 PM)
hye......i was wondering...is it okay to combine the grass types........ biggrin.gif

im also surveying for carpet grass.......want to cover about 1000sqf  sweat.gif hope RM2k is enough  sweat.gif
One way of reducing cost is chop/split the grass patch into smaller patches, and plant each smaller patch 3 inches from one another, and let them grow, spread and cover the garden. With that, you need only 500 sf of grass. But becareful of weeds. One way of preventing weeds, is to put 3-4 layer of old newspaper on top of your soil, get a small truck load of 'yellow soil (those without the weed seeds)' and cover the newspaper and plant your new grass on top. You will have less weeding to do in future.
wdarke
post Apr 24 2010, 05:38 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(newbie99 @ Apr 24 2010, 04:51 PM)
One way of reducing cost is chop/split the grass patch into smaller patches, and plant each smaller patch 3 inches from one another, and let them grow, spread and cover the garden. With that, you need only 500 sf of grass. But becareful of weeds. One way of preventing weeds, is to put 3-4 layer of old newspaper on top of your soil, get a small truck load of 'yellow soil (those without the weed seeds)' and cover the newspaper and plant your new grass on top. You will have less weeding to do in future.
What about planting grass on top of cement? That would require almost no weeding, am I right?

ycs
post Apr 24 2010, 05:49 PM

3,956 posts

QUOTE(rEktOr @ Apr 24 2010, 03:33 PM)
finally i choose philippines grass..
user posted image
can show close up of philippines grass?
pilotHans
post Apr 24 2010, 06:13 PM

scuderia ferrari pit crew (" ,)
2,525 posts

QUOTE(newbie99 @ Apr 24 2010, 04:51 PM)
great idea...thanks biggrin.gif will need grass for left, back and right side.... i recalculated the grass area (base on my floor plan that i have)...i seem to be around 2000sqf ++ shocking.gif sweat.gif im dead doh.gif

the plan is all in meters n i have to recalculate in feet....hmm....from the title copy that i have it shows 445.xx meter persegi (didnt minus house area)....i really

my current budget

Landscape
Grass RM2 psf * 1000 2000 .......yeah would be patches but im not in a hurry...... laugh.gif
Upah tanam 150 perday- thats what i survey so far.......
Soil 200
Baja 50
Racun rumpai 50
Sprinkler 50
Gardening MISC/tools 200
Drain Cover Metal/sewere cover/porch cover 500
Pokok pagar 100
batu sungai - curik laugh.gif i just know a place but i dont intend to disclose it.heheh..
= 3300

assuming all done in one day + I'll DIY myself too, i mean i'll do what i can......

newbie99
post Apr 24 2010, 07:35 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(pilotHans @ Apr 24 2010, 06:13 PM)
great idea...thanks  biggrin.gif will need grass for left, back and right side.... i recalculated the grass area (base on my floor plan that i have)...i seem to be around 2000sqf  ++ shocking.gif  sweat.gif im dead  doh.gif

the plan is all in meters n i have to recalculate in feet....hmm....from the title copy that i have it shows  445.xx meter persegi (didnt minus house area)....i really

my current budget

Landscape
Grass RM2 psf * 1000 2000 .......yeah would be patches but im not in a hurry...... laugh.gif
Upah tanam 150 perday- thats what i survey so far.......
Soil 200
Baja 50
Racun rumpai 50
Sprinkler 50
Gardening MISC/tools 200
Drain Cover Metal/sewere cover/porch cover 500
Pokok pagar 100
batu sungai - curik  laugh.gif i just know a place but i dont intend to disclose it.heheh..
= 3300

assuming all done in one day + I'll DIY myself too, i mean i'll do what i can......
Grass Rm2psf = u need maybe 1000 for 500sf
Upah tanam = free, do it yourself, that's the fun of having garden.
Soil= make sure it's weed seed-free soil, the yellow one deep down.
Baja= no need baja, i never used baja. Be environmentally friendly, collect your overnight urine in a potty, mix 1 part urine per 100 part water and just pour on the grass before you water the grass. Afterall grass being leafy needs all the nitrogen from your urine.
Racun rampai= do it about 2-3 weeks before planting otherwise your grass will die.
Sprinklers= much needed tool
Drain cover and sewerage cover = 1 stainless steel sewerage cover around RM1000. Be innovative, just a piece of granite slab as cover, reinforce the bottom with cement + wire mesh. Cheaper but Probably need expert help with this.
Pokok paga= Much needed
Batu Sungai= Can get from Kampung. Cheaper but ILLEGAL!

By the way, if you are a pilot, 3300 for a garden is nothing..

This post has been edited by newbie99: Apr 24 2010, 07:36 PM
rEktOr
post Apr 24 2010, 08:36 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Apr 24 2010, 05:49 PM)
will take picture tomorrow icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(newbie99 @ Apr 24 2010, 07:35 PM)
Grass Rm2psf = u need maybe 1000 for 500sf
Upah tanam = free, do it yourself, that's the fun of having garden.
Soil= make sure it's weed seed-free soil, the yellow one deep down.
Baja= no need baja, i never used baja. Be environmentally friendly, collect your overnight urine in a potty, mix 1 part urine per 100 part water and just pour on the grass before you water the grass. Afterall grass being leafy needs all the nitrogen from your urine.
Racun rampai= do it about 2-3 weeks before planting otherwise your grass will die.
Sprinklers= much needed tool
Drain cover and sewerage cover = 1 stainless steel sewerage cover around RM1000. Be innovative, just a piece of granite slab as cover, reinforce the bottom with cement + wire mesh. Cheaper but Probably need expert help with this.
Pokok paga= Much needed
Batu Sungai= Can get from Kampung. Cheaper but ILLEGAL!

By the way, if you are a pilot, 3300 for a garden is nothing..
now that's creative! using urine as fertilizer. I saw cheap plastic drain cover. not recommendable ka?
newbie99
post Apr 24 2010, 09:30 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(rEktOr @ Apr 24 2010, 08:36 PM)
will take picture tomorrow  icon_rolleyes.gif
now that's creative! using urine as fertilizer. I saw cheap plastic drain cover. not recommendable ka?
You probably need to replace the plastic drain cover very often, unless you get the uPVC type. Your grandparents probably use the same method to fertilize their vegetables..
rEktOr
post Apr 25 2010, 08:02 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Apr 24 2010, 05:49 PM)
bro..as per requested..the close up
user posted image

QUOTE(newbie99 @ Apr 24 2010, 09:30 PM)
You probably need to replace the plastic drain cover very often, unless you get the uPVC type. Your grandparents probably use the same method to fertilize their vegetables..
owh..so the cost gonna be higher in the long run.. sweat.gif
winchaser
post Jun 11 2010, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

Is it possible to mix two grass types and maintain a defined border between the them?
newbie99
post Jun 11 2010, 04:28 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(winchaser @ Jun 11 2010, 02:13 PM)
Is it possible to mix two grass types and maintain a defined border between the them?
You will definitely need to spend a LOT of time and effort to keep them apart. Not advisable, unless you have a barrier.
antzan
post Jun 11 2010, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

or u can have insert the plate between them...sold at the nursery...
bk user
post Jun 12 2010, 10:22 PM

41 posts

Philippine grass will grow sideway and it will be very comfy even if it's become too thick. Buy in Sg. Buloh - at Bukit Rahman Putra. Cheaper there.
gamenoob
post Jun 13 2010, 10:22 AM

On my way
626 posts

Philippine grass is prolly the easiest and most resilient. Pearl and other fancy is trouble some and not consistent in growth.

I spent about 1.3k to dig up 250sq ft of land about 12 in deep, irrigation and drainage piping, top soil replacement, full carpeted Phil grass, a tree, some bamboo on planter box...3 days job by landscaper. 2 truck load of debris and soil replacement. In 4 weeks, the grass stabilized and all the border of carpeting is gone. Water every day for first 4 weeks. Grass is green and nice. Only trimmed every 2 months. I dont even water the grass now once its matured. Once trimmed, I will water and urea fertilized them. Dont trim too short as it will have browning effect. I will trim and fertilized them to have them thick and bushy so it have a consistent look.
wdarke
post Jun 13 2010, 12:40 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(gamenoob @ Jun 13 2010, 10:22 AM)
Philippine grass is prolly the easiest and most resilient. Pearl and other fancy is trouble some and not consistent in growth.

I spent about 1.3k to dig up 250sq ft of land about 12 in deep, irrigation and drainage piping, top soil replacement, full carpeted Phil grass, a tree, some bamboo on planter box...3 days job by landscaper. 2 truck load of debris and soil replacement. In 4 weeks, the grass stabilized and all the border of carpeting is gone. Water every day for first 4 weeks. Grass is green and nice. Only trimmed every 2 months. I dont even water the grass now once its matured. Once trimmed, I will water and urea fertilized them. Dont trim too short as it will have browning effect. I will trim and fertilized them to have them thick and bushy so it have a consistent look.
Where did you find the landscaper? For that much of work, 1.3k is pretty decent.
gamenoob
post Jun 13 2010, 04:42 PM

On my way
626 posts

wdarke

My apology. It was 2.2k because when the landscaper started to work, we found a bed of concrete that was almost 100sq ft where some as deep as 20in otherwise at least 12in deep. F***ing developer actually use my garden as cement mixing ground. So the jackhammer was operated for 1.5 days! Just to clear the concrete. One truckload alone is the stupid concrete. Thats it always flood after rain at first. Now even with heavy rain, no flooding at all. That $900 extra was for the extra truck trip and additional soil replacement and the stupid unexpected work. How often yuo see landscape do the work with Jackhammer LOL!

I'm sure glad I did not DIY.....
ganz
post Jun 13 2010, 05:18 PM

Livin' Ain't No Crime
1,138 posts

an advice.. after few months planting my karpet grass.. now i learn something important

make sure ur grass receive enough sunlight sad.gif(or else). the grass will grow vertically (straight up)..

mine with enough sunlight grow perfectly..
damn. look like lalang already..
bk user
post Jun 13 2010, 05:19 PM

41 posts

Be careful if you ask landscaper to buy the grass for you. They may give you Taiwanese grass which grow upwards and is not as comfy as Philippine grass. I experienced it myself where the landscaper claimed that it is taiwanese grass. Basically, you cannot tell until it grows.
cybersim2
post Jul 7 2010, 04:15 PM

Casual
495 posts

Why do we need to mix the soil with sand ?
driftmeister
post Jul 7 2010, 10:51 PM

Penggadai Rakyat®
4,133 posts

QUOTE(cybersim2 @ Jul 7 2010, 04:15 PM)
Why do we need to mix the soil with sand ?
part of the drainage system
mushu21
post Sep 17 2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts

helo^^ anyone knows where to get Phillipine grass at Penang?
please help. thank you smile.gif

41 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 PM