Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Tailoring Thread, Bespoke. Nothing beats a perfect fit

chantakzee
post Sep 24 2018, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Any tips to protect mother of pearl buttons from cracking during dry wash ? Sent my suit for dry wash and it comes back with most of the button cracked , replacing the buttons is not expensive but still ache my heart knowing my beautiful buttons crack so easily.
Damien?(:
post Sep 24 2018, 11:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chantakzee @ Sep 24 2018, 10:28 AM)
Any tips to protect mother of pearl buttons from cracking during dry wash ? Sent my suit for dry wash and it comes back with most of the button cracked , replacing the buttons is not expensive but still ache my heart knowing my beautiful buttons crack so easily.
Have never had any MOP buttons cracked from dry cleaning/wash before. Are they genuine MOP?
niakulah
post Sep 24 2018, 12:23 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(chantakzee @ Sep 24 2018, 10:28 AM)
Find a better dry cleaner?
chantakzee
post Sep 24 2018, 12:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Damien?(: @ Sep 24 2018, 11:12 AM)
Have never had any MOP buttons cracked from dry cleaning/wash before. Are they genuine MOP?
How to tell is genuine or not ? It's not plastic that's for sure

QUOTE(niakulah @ Sep 24 2018, 12:23 PM)
Find a better dry cleaner?
It's the shop that other shops sends their dry cleaning garments here so no
kotmj
post Sep 26 2018, 08:05 PM

The Coatmaker's Apprentice

user posted image
Peak lapels, patch pockets, Neapolitan construction. Cloth is Carlo Barbera Riserva 1911.

Anybody care to guess location where this was shot?
tifosi
post Nov 26 2018, 10:51 AM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!

I need some alteration on a blazer's sleeve. It is a nice blazer for an event but the sleeve is slightly too long for me.

Would like to know which tailor can alter it at decent price and decent quality? Thanks
Old Red Eyes
post Dec 1 2018, 02:39 AM

QUOTE(kotmj @ Sep 26 2018, 08:05 PM)
user posted image
Peak lapels, patch pockets, Neapolitan construction. Cloth is Carlo Barbera Riserva 1911.

Anybody care to guess location where this was shot?
I'm guessing just about two 'blocks' down from Piazzo San Marco in Venice, where it opens up into a kind of indoor/outdoor mall.

yanhui95
post Dec 2 2018, 04:36 AM

Already started

Hi guys, would appreciate some help on this:

How much is Lord's going for nowadays? I'm looking for a 2 piece wool suit with extra pair of trousers

I'll only be back in KL for two weeks and need the suit done by then, is this possible?

Cheers

Old Red Eyes
post Dec 2 2018, 04:46 AM

QUOTE(yanhui95 @ Dec 2 2018, 04:36 AM)
Hi guys, would appreciate some help on this:

How much is Lord's going for nowadays? I'm looking for a 2 piece wool suit with extra pair of trousers

I'll only be back in KL for two weeks and need the suit done by then, is this possible?

Cheers
Where will you be otherwise?

yanhui95
post Dec 2 2018, 06:34 AM

Already started

QUOTE(Old Red Eyes @ Dec 2 2018, 04:46 AM)
Where will you be otherwise?
I'll be back in London after that smile.gif
Old Red Eyes
post Dec 2 2018, 11:12 PM

QUOTE(yanhui95 @ Dec 2 2018, 06:34 AM)
I'll be back in London after that  smile.gif
I see. Well, I don't know the price at Lord's, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 4000-5000 range. (I suppose it could be more, but I doubt it's much less.) Are you looking to save some money off Savile Row pricing, or are there other matters at play?

yanhui95
post Dec 2 2018, 11:27 PM

Already started

QUOTE(Old Red Eyes @ Dec 2 2018, 11:12 PM)
I see. Well, I don't know the price at Lord's, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 4000-5000 range. (I suppose it could be more, but I doubt it's much less.) Are you looking to save some money off Savile Row pricing, or are there other matters at play?
Yeah it's pretty much down to saving (quite a bit of) money as Saville Row would cost no less than RM15k sweat.gif but yeah thanks for the rough estimate!
Old Red Eyes
post Dec 2 2018, 11:48 PM

QUOTE(yanhui95 @ Dec 2 2018, 11:27 PM)
Yeah it's pretty much down to saving (quite a bit of) money as Saville Row would cost no less than RM15k  sweat.gif  but yeah thanks for the rough estimate!
Gotcha. I've done a little scouring around, and KL is not quite the same as Bangkok or Saigon as a tailoring town. That is to say, it doesn't have the same culture of one or two-day turnarounds for tourists, and at super low prices. That would be a good thing, of course, if it meant that the quality instead was so good that it commanded time and money. But I'm not seeing that. I did find one tailor that I used for complex alterations on a jacket and who I was pretty impressed with, and they gave me that 4000-5000 price range, which is probably worth a shot. But at the same time, they just didn't breed anywhere near the confidence that a place like London would. I'm almost thinking that you are better off trying to find a high end in Bangkok or Saigon, as opposed to going the middle of the road in KL. (And I'm not aware of any examples of high end in KL.)

DominicSin
post Dec 3 2018, 04:47 PM

Group: Newbie

Saujana is my go to tailor. Located at Raja Chulan
Fireken
post Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Old Red Eyes @ Dec 2 2018, 11:48 PM)
Gotcha. I've done a little scouring around, and KL is not quite the same as Bangkok or Saigon as a tailoring town. That is to say, it doesn't have the same culture of one or two-day turnarounds for tourists, and at super low prices. That would be a good thing, of course, if it meant that the quality instead was so good that it commanded time and money. But I'm not seeing that. I did find one tailor that I used for complex alterations on a jacket and who I was pretty impressed with, and they gave me that 4000-5000 price range, which is probably worth a shot. But at the same time, they just didn't breed anywhere near the confidence that a place like London would. I'm almost thinking that you are better off trying to find a high end in Bangkok or Saigon, as opposed to going the middle of the road in KL. (And I'm not aware of any examples of high end in KL.)
It seem you are quite familiar with Bangkok Tailor. Mind recommend Bangkok tailor for me. I'm planning to get a Dark Navy Casual Suit and 1 pant (possible 2). Casual mean the suit can go for formal and as well with Jean. I'm allocating budget of RM500 to RM600. Is the amount reasonable or do i need to up my budget? This is my first tailor made suit and really need guidance on this matter. I see many information on the internet but lack of guidance in term of material, style, pocket, button and any other things i need to take know. Appreciate assistance and thanks in advance.

Note: I like the KOTMJ latest picture suit but i believe it definitely going to cost me a boom. At the moment, i'm tight on budget and i hope one day i could own one as well.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0671sec    1.70    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 02:49 AM