Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
33 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AKPK, debt issue, anyone got a question to ask them?

inspiron
post Dec 16 2008, 01:32 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I'm planning to go to AKPK this few weeks time. I got a lot of question to ask them as I'm curious about how they can help those with a lot of debt on their cc.

Anyone got anything ask from AKPK can let me know and I'll asked the Q for you.

I've tried to search AKPK in LYN but no one have a lot of answer about it.

So far, I can think of these few Q to ask them

1) is it true they can help us to consolidate all our debt into a 0% affordable payment? drool.gif

2) will CTOS learn about this? as you know, once your name in CTOS, its hard to remove it shakehead.gif

3) would they hold our passport like those declared bankrupt? sweat.gif

4) what happen to all our credit card once we accepted AKPK offer? they cancelled it all or just put on hold? if put on hold, the yearly charges still need to pay?

5) can we ever apply cc again after AKPK

6) how many years can they make the installment payment?

7) how much we need to payback to them....is it still 5%?

If anyone here have gone to AKPK and know the answer, I would greatly appreciate it. no need for me to waste my leave just to ask them this Q

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
adreina
post Dec 16 2008, 06:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(inspiron @ Dec 16 2008, 01:32 AM)
I'm planning to go to AKPK this few weeks time. I got a lot of question to ask them as I'm curious about how they can help those with a lot of debt on their cc.

1) is it true they can help us to consolidate all our debt into a 0% affordable payment?  drool.gif
Is not 0%. Is depends on the bank to charge. But obviously is lower than 10% p.a.

2) will CTOS learn about this? as you know, once your name in CTOS, its hard to remove it  shakehead.gif
If you seek AKPK before your name in CTOS, then you will have no problem on that.

3) would they hold our passport like those declared bankrupt?  sweat.gif
No, they wont hold your passport nor declared you bankrupt.

4) what happen to all our credit card once we accepted AKPK offer? they cancelled it all or just put on hold? if put on hold, the yearly charges still need to pay?
All your credit card will be cancelled off.

Yes.

Is depends on how much monthly installement you pay.

If you are talking about how much monthly installment. I can say is lower than 5% of all your outstanding credit card amount.

If anyone here have gone to AKPK and know the answer, I would greatly appreciate it. no need for me to waste my leave just to ask them this Q
I try to answered according to what i know!

+Quote Post
b00n
post Dec 16 2008, 09:26 AM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

In regards to:
5) can we ever apply cc again after AKPK?
Ans: If and if only you have settled all your AKPK debts. I.e. after they restructure all your credit facilities into monthly repayment loan; you'll have to clear off everything before you are allowed to apply for a credit card.

Ans: AKPK would take into your account your monthly net salary, than help you calculate your monthly commitment i.e. rental, electricity, food etc...before coming out with a repayment plan for all your credit facility. So it depends.

Ans: How much you pay back would depends on AKPK assessment.

btw, AKPK restructured accounts are listed in CCRIS. Thus the other financial institute knows about it, so like I mentioned above; the other FI wouldn't grant you anything while one of your facility is still tagged as AKPK account.

This post has been edited by b00n: Dec 16 2008, 09:27 AM
+Quote Post
Canon_Ixus
post Dec 16 2008, 09:27 AM

User Banned For Being Too Awesome
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(inspiron @ Dec 16 2008, 01:32 AM)

1) is it true they can help us to consolidate all our debt into a 0% affordable payment?  drool.gif

2) will CTOS learn about this? as you know, once your name in CTOS, its hard to remove it  shakehead.gif

3) would they hold our passport like those declared bankrupt?  sweat.gif

1) Spend within your means and cut off all your CC

2) CTOS takes your info from public domain (i.e. notices put on newspapers. Blame the papers actually) And since it is an archival database, like the newspaper, it should not be removed as you can't erase history. You can only change your future.

3) Either change job to a better pay, or cut down on all unnecessary spendings.
+Quote Post
otisdog
post Dec 18 2008, 01:01 PM

Casual

A friend of mine went.

Was told that they could restructure his monthly payment from RM3200(Minimum payment) to RM800
+Quote Post
joeylny
post Dec 18 2008, 01:53 PM

Casual

QUOTE(otisdog @ Dec 18 2008, 01:01 PM)
A friend of mine went.

Was told that they could restructure his monthly payment from RM3200(Minimum payment) to RM800
omg.. min payment RM3200 then his total ammount is very high
+Quote Post
inspiron
post Dec 19 2008, 12:59 AM

Getting Started

Canon_Ixus,Dec 16 2008, 09:27 AM
bla bla bla.....oh hi .....smart @$$

if you got no personal knowledge about the subject, just zip it. take your holier than thou attitude elsewhere
2) CTOS takes your info from public domain (i.e. notices put on newspapers. Blame the papers actually) And since it is an archival database, like the newspaper, it should not be removed as you can't erase history. You can only change your future.

pls do not spread lies and rumours about CTOS if you know nothing. There is a way to remove your bad history from CTOS....it is just troublesome and its a long process. Have you read CTOS website before spurting out nonsense?

1) Spend within your means and cut off all your CC

Is this what you do to get more post count? Why not copy and paste this to all thread in Health section: follow the pyramid food guidelines, exercise more, sleep well, avoid fast food, bla bla bla and all your health problem is solved...no need to open any health thread anymore.... doh.gif

3) Either change job to a better pay, or cut down on all unnecessary spendings.

is your ambition when you're a spoilt brat is to become a Priest? Why dont you go stand at Bank Negara and tell all those enquiring about AKPK about your nonsense....and hope for even 1% of those with cc problem to thank you for the wise advice?

btw, thanks to adreina and b00n for sharing your expirience / knowledge about the matter.
I heard from my friend he know someone who have applied for it and got 0%. I guess not everybody can get it.

let you all know more after i've 'interogate' the AKPK for more info.

Got a case where a blacklisted guy who go to AKPK for help and was told off "We dont entertain blacklisted people" blink.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry1988
post Dec 19 2008, 11:19 AM

Getting Started

if i not mistaken after akpk..will affect the approval rate for ur credit card
+Quote Post
b00n
post Dec 19 2008, 12:27 PM

delusional
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jerry1988 @ Dec 19 2008, 11:19 AM)
if i not mistaken after akpk..will affect the approval rate for ur credit card

If your credit facility is tagged under AKPK, no bank would approve any loans or cards until settlement to all your existing facility is being cleared off.

+Quote Post
scaygoo
post Dec 19 2008, 03:23 PM

Getting Started

I have appointment with AKPK next month so i can't answer your question now cause i am not 100% sure but do give them a call. AKPK conduct public briefing twice a day (11am & 4pm) on weekdays, sorry i forgot what the time schedule on saturday. This briefing is compulsory to attend. After the briefing, feels free to ask them any questions smile.gif after that when you still think you need AKPK help, then set a date with the them for personal consultation. Please hurry though cause theres lot of people attending and the briefing space is limited & i have to wait a month for my personal consultant with AKPK. Its ok though cost they don't charge you anything.

+Quote Post
b00n
post Dec 19 2008, 04:31 PM

delusional
Group Icon

Yes it is a compulsory to attend the briefing before signing up with them.
It's like a compulsory to attend the "hearing on a driving course" before taking the test.

AKPK website:
http://www.akpk.org.my/
+Quote Post
Xanny
post Jan 30 2009, 06:08 PM

Getting Started

actully if one is really has no other solution, seeking AKPK's help is not too bad...provided u r not blacklisted yet lar...cos they don't entertain blacklisted ppl and bankruptcy case (i think)...the interest charged depending on the ngotiation between AKPK officer and the bank but it's definitely lower and so much much lower...the agreed repayment amount will not change even after 5 years if the bank interest increases or ur monthly income increases...if u are agreed to pay an amount of RM500 a month back to the bank, it will still the same after 5 years or more even interest rate increase...one thing good about AKPK is they let u calculate n minus off the necessary monthly expenses and savings, watever balance from ur salary will be used to pay off the debts....from tat day onwards no more using cc...which is not too bad actually, at least u will haf no chance accumulating more debts anymore....
+Quote Post
attahun
post Jan 31 2009, 12:39 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Xanny @ Jan 30 2009, 06:08 PM)
actully if one is really has no other solution, seeking AKPK's help is not too bad...provided u r not blacklisted yet lar...cos they don't entertain blacklisted ppl and bankruptcy case (i think)...the interest charged depending on the ngotiation between AKPK officer and the bank but it's definitely lower and so much much lower...the agreed repayment amount will not change even after 5 years if the bank interest increases or ur monthly income increases...if u are agreed to pay an amount of RM500 a month back to the bank, it will still the same after 5 years or more even interest rate increase...one thing good about AKPK is they let u calculate n minus off the necessary monthly expenses and savings, watever balance from ur salary will be used to pay off the debts....from tat day onwards no more using cc...which is not too bad actually, at least u will haf no chance accumulating more debts anymore....
and if you fail to pay the monthly payments, they revoke the plan and you will be revert to normal payment terms with the bank. I read this from someone's experience somewhere... tongue.gif and even though they don't blacklist you, banks will know you are under AKPK 'care' and thus qualifies you as a not-so-good debt managed person and therefore they might not offer any more loans to you.

check this out when you see AKPK and let me know if it is true or not. thanx
+Quote Post
b00n
post Feb 1 2009, 11:08 PM

delusional
Group Icon

QUOTE(attahun @ Jan 31 2009, 12:39 PM)
and if you fail to pay the monthly payments, they revoke the plan and you will be revert to normal payment terms with the bank. I read this from someone's experience somewhere...  tongue.gif  and even though they don't blacklist you, banks will know you are under AKPK 'care' and thus qualifies you as a not-so-good debt managed person and therefore they might not offer any more loans to you.

check this out when you see AKPK and let me know if it is true or not. thanx

Yes it is true. I.e. the bank has no right to "bother" you while you're in the program. But if you defaulted the payment twice; than you're on your own. AKPK would cancel the program/plan and bank would start to hassle you again with calls and legal actions and yes...the original interest rate charged.

Btw, yes; whoever is still under AKPK plan/program wouldn't qualify for any loan.
Like I mentioned before, AKPK might not help everyone. They would access one's earning and see whether or not they really need help.

+Quote Post
DDSFan8
post Feb 1 2009, 11:22 PM

Regular

AKPK also help for personal loan and housing loan?
+Quote Post
b00n
post Feb 1 2009, 11:45 PM

delusional
Group Icon

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Feb 1 2009, 11:22 PM)
AKPK also help for personal loan and housing loan?

Any loan. As long as it's legal and one is really in deep debts.

+Quote Post
Xpressnick
post Feb 2 2009, 11:00 AM

Getting Started

People who joined this program will have to follow strict guidelines and make sure payment been made accordingly to the agreement. One of friends now can pay his settlement with only 3% interest and will take lesser time to finish the debt. However, from what I heard, once banks knows you pernah masuk this program..its harder to get any financial facilities from bank again although you already settle your debt.

+Quote Post
hpcompaq
post Feb 8 2009, 01:53 PM

how this akpk work?
+Quote Post
attahun
post Feb 13 2009, 05:10 PM