views

ZeneticX
post Mar 13 2024, 10:39 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,769 posts

QUOTE(FusionXY @ Mar 12 2024, 12:53 PM)
Which brand still reliable as now?
Heard Panasonic is the most popular choice.
Besides Panasonic, what the other brands that you recommend.
Preferable bottom freezer as we have existing fridge using bottom.
Planning to get new for new house later.
you won't go wrong with Panasonic for bottom freezer. not much brand nowadays do 2 door bottom freezer anyway

your only other option is Samsung or LG iinm, and Bosch, Beko, Electrolux

QUOTE(Doraku @ Mar 13 2024, 10:09 PM)
We end out getting Hisense 4 Door Inverter 720L RQ768N4ABU due to 3 zone temperature control, and discount on Lazada.
So far so good smile.gif . Its very large and very quiet too, only thing missing is adjustable humidity control on the crisper; We not going to ran out of space anytime soon whistling.gif

I was worried at first it is making crackling noise during first couple hours of power up.
some noises from the fridge is normal, usually when the compressor kicks in. as long its not too abnormally loud or last too long

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Mar 13 2024, 10:39 PM
JennyPreston
post Mar 15 2024, 10:55 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Mar 3 2024, 08:01 PM)
Haier is considered the most reliable amongst the Chinese brands when it comes to fridge. Should be ok

The LG is using Smart Inverter.... should be conventional inverter instead of linear one

Personally I'm using Hisense side by side. 7 months in so far ok
Hi,
I was told that Hisense does not have a service centre in malaysia. So, their after sales service may be a big issue..
what is your thought on this?

I am also planning to buy a new fridge (SBS or 4-door type), and i hv shortlisted the below brands:
1) Samsung
2) Hisense
3) Hitachi

Appreciate your input, thanks!
andrekua2
post Mar 15 2024, 11:18 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(pigduck @ Mar 10 2024, 04:36 PM)
My Sharp Fridge used to use 4kwh/day. Then in December the compressor conked out so we changed it and now the electricity is 5.5kwh/day. There is also a leak that isn't falling into the drain pan but on the back left of the fridge. What can else can be leaking?
Holy cow... 4kwh? Old fridge? Better change it.

Compressor kong? U sure is compressor? Most of the time, those old fridge is just the starter kong. Change that and all is fixed. If got water leak then check see if drying pan has old (old plastic will rot) or the drain pipe is not position correctly (since you change the compressor, who knows if the technician undo the pipe and tie it somewhere else).

My old fridge also doing 4kwh and I ditch it for 4 door Hisense RQ568. Now its 1kwh per day most of the time.
ZeneticX
post Mar 15 2024, 12:05 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,769 posts

QUOTE(JennyPreston @ Mar 15 2024, 10:55 AM)
Hi,
I was told that Hisense does not have a service centre in malaysia. So, their after sales service may be a big issue..
what is your thought on this?

I am also planning to buy a new fridge (SBS or 4-door type), and i hv shortlisted the below brands:
1) Samsung
2) Hisense
3) Hitachi

Appreciate your input, thanks!
Not sure where you heard that from but they do have a service line here, maybe its just outsourced to third party at worse case. Anyway not a concern to me because their fridges are usually cheaper compared to other brands of the same size and spec. As long it can last minimum 5 years (fingers crossed) without issues then its fine to me. If you are concerned then purchase extended warranty from the shop as well

First you need to determine the spacing for your fridge. I ended up with Hisense because its the only model that fit my space perfectly in terms of depth and of course budget wise its cheaper

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Mar 15 2024, 04:56 PM
pigduck
post Mar 15 2024, 11:03 PM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Mar 15 2024, 11:18 AM)
Holy cow... 4kwh? Old fridge? Better change it.

Compressor kong? U sure is compressor? Most of the time, those old fridge is just the starter kong. Change that and all is fixed. If got water leak then check see if drying pan has old (old plastic will rot) or the drain pipe is not position correctly (since you change the compressor, who knows if the technician undo the pipe and tie it somewhere else).

My old fridge also doing 4kwh and I ditch it for 4 door Hisense RQ568. Now its 1kwh per day most of the time.
Now is 5.2kwh/day 😭
andrekua2
post Mar 16 2024, 09:05 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Mar 15 2024, 12:05 PM)
Not sure where you heard that from but they do have a service line here, maybe its just outsourced to third party at worse case. Anyway not a concern to me because their fridges are usually cheaper compared to other brands of the same size and spec. As long it can last minimum 5 years (fingers crossed) without issues then its fine to me. If you are concerned then purchase extended warranty from the shop as well

First you need to determine the spacing for your fridge. I ended up with Hisense because its the only model that fit my space perfectly in terms of depth and of course budget wise its cheaper
Same. I also bought hisense because no other would offer the same features and design for 2.3k. Personally I don't think there's too much technicality regarding fridge except the controller board for inverter function.

Any fridge also would age and needed maintenance. Like my mom's 8 years hitachi fridge, yes, it is still working fine but the doors don't close very well nowadays and the door lining definitely needed a change. Also one shouldn't forcefully fit a fridge into a slot without leaving space for it to dissipate heat from the anti frost function.
ZeneticX
post Mar 16 2024, 01:53 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,769 posts

Samsung fridges are good

Too bad we dont get this Bespoke model here, maybe due to cost issue
pigduck
post Mar 16 2024, 02:19 PM

Casual
414 posts

I noticed my non-inverter fridge after changing the compressor will have moments it will stop running and come back on again. A bit like a non inverter AC. I guess this means it's using more electricity and reaching the optimum temperature after changing the compressor.

I noticed because it is cold to touch and quiet and then will rumble on again later.

Interesting note on the Hitachi above.

Our Sharp fridge was bought before 2010 and the rubber lining is still OK. I don't recall having it changed. But then again the drain pan disintegrated and the compressor died and it's leaking somewhere at the back. It's probably from the new drain pan I put in or the freezer coils?

GamersFamilia
post Mar 16 2024, 05:36 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

berjaya brand also good , got one of berjaya freezer at the moment
JennyPreston
post Mar 18 2024, 08:04 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Mar 15 2024, 12:05 PM)

Thanks for the info.
ZeneticX
post Mar 25 2024, 11:35 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,769 posts

Panasonic finally have a side by side model again

https://www.panasonic.com/my/consumer/kitch...-s621bb-my.html
babayagamalaysia
post Today, 09:51 PM

18 posts

Just now, unker went to Harvey Norman with waifu to survey for a new fridge. Eventually, we shortlisted 3 Japanese models that are within our budget and fitting size:

Sharp SJP-598GK 480L
Hitachi R-GX-490PM9 443L
Toshiba GR RT559WEPMY 490L

Looking for advice on which one unker should get. Thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:59 PM