Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
65 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Iphone 3g officially in Malaysia.... SOON?

views

stringfellow
post Jul 12 2008, 12:43 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jul 12 2008, 12:29 PM)
receive the maxis rewards booklet, open up only, u see a picture of iphone liao biggrin.gif

string, any idea abt iphone in the uk? my wife will be ther for a year, so if she signs up the 18 moon contract, is the phone locked dead? or still can use back msia sim card?
Two options, O2 or Carphone Warehouse, and I'm pretty sure they are locked down pretty tight. So you'll need to wait for solutions from Dev Team orothers to get it unlocked, O2 or Carphone will not do the unlocking for you. From what I gather, only iPhones from Hong Kong, Italy and New Zealand are unlocked right out of the box, with options to unlock from telco itself, from Australian Optus, Spain, Portugal, France and Norway. If I could not get it from New Zealand, I'll be hoping on France(Orange) from my next trip there on the 22nd. My buddy just missed today's closing time at 1500 LMT(1100 here) and the Vodafone store is closed tomorrow. Only opens on Monday at 0900, and he have to get to the shuttle to the airport by 1050! I'm panicking already here! sweat.gif
rx330
post Jul 12 2008, 12:49 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

hahahha, kinda rush dun u think? might as well get it urself on ur next trip.... hmmm... italy is unlocked eh? any idea how much they selling? need to check how far/long is eurostar from uk to italy though biggrin.gif
ff8ong
post Jul 12 2008, 12:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,550 posts

It don't really think so,not so early....fastest also next year..after singapore
stringfellow
post Jul 12 2008, 01:03 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Vodafone Italy is selling the 8GB version at EU499, while the 16GB runs you 569 Euros. I'm still looking around for TIM's rate. Two telcos offering iPhone 3G in Italy, Vodafone and TIM.

foongchinboon
post Jul 12 2008, 04:15 PM

Casual
393 posts

Apple's hope always jz bring disappointment to us. sad.gif
Kenix L
post Jul 12 2008, 04:26 PM

On my way
647 posts

Hmm...from the market scenario, I doubt Maxis is going to launch iPhone 3G so soon, if they were really going to. If not, they would have very aggressive marketing campaign to promote the plan already, since iphone 3G fever is so hot right now. They could not be so silly to wait until the heat cool down then only promoting the plan right?

I mean, i dare not comment as well that definitely iPhone 3G will not be launch in Malaysia/Maxis...but at least, really don't think will be so soon, although how i wish the news from Malaysia Insider is true...I would switch to Maxis without any second thought! drool.gif
LaskarCinta
post Jul 12 2008, 04:27 PM

?
1,651 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jul 12 2008, 12:29 PM)
receive the maxis rewards booklet, open up only, u see a picture of iphone liao biggrin.gif
u mean this one right?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

haha...really hope it's coming here. but still haven't seen any signs of it coming here, other than just speculations.

This post has been edited by LaskarCinta: Jul 12 2008, 06:14 PM
tayhaithian
post Jul 12 2008, 04:34 PM

Casual
460 posts

innocent.gif where / how u get that picture ?
LaskarCinta
post Jul 12 2008, 04:39 PM

?
1,651 posts

QUOTE(tayhaithian @ Jul 12 2008, 04:34 PM)
innocent.gif where / how u get that picture ?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by LaskarCinta: Jul 12 2008, 04:41 PM
neekun
post Jul 12 2008, 04:44 PM

I'm a Mac
2,344 posts

If Maxs carries iPhone3G (which supports enterprise push email), it might affect the Black Berry services they are offering as well. BB users switch to iPhone tongue.gif
tayhaithian
post Jul 12 2008, 04:47 PM

Casual
460 posts

that won't effect but better business to them and im pretty sure it won't go as low as 1k .
LaskarCinta
post Jul 12 2008, 05:04 PM

?
1,651 posts

QUOTE(neekun @ Jul 12 2008, 04:44 PM)
If Maxs carries iPhone3G (which supports enterprise push email), it might affect the Black Berry services they are offering as well. BB users switch to iPhone tongue.gif
mmm...i can't see that as a problem. plus they also provide Exchange push email (Maxis Mail) alongside their BB solutions.
duckevo
post Jul 12 2008, 05:54 PM

Yoona-licious
584 posts

i think if maxis get the business it will surely grab all the customers from digi but this also depends on the plan or contract that they are providing... do not wish they to be like vodafone nz

youngkies
post Jul 12 2008, 06:12 PM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

don't put so much hope without an official announcement. you might get disappointed of waiting. it's not about Maxis would like to offer or not, but will apple take up the deal as well. it seems apple isn't much interested with malaysia, if maxis has taken the opportunities at early stage, we should have seen malaysia on the iphone countries list, not until now where, it's abit too late for inclusion (when other countries have huh-ha of their iphone).
stringfellow
post Jul 12 2008, 08:35 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

REason why Apple is not interested with Malaysia is that our telcos are an entity on its own. See other ccountries, for example Singtel. Singtel holds percentage interest and hold in companies with large customer bases in Australia and South East Asia, hence their ability to take up presence and charge to do the launch. It just also happen that they are from Singapore and hence passing that right and chance to fellow Singaporean.

What about those little African countries like Botswana and such, you ask? Check their telco, and you'll see that most if not all their telco are telecom multiconglomerate such as Vodafone and such, and since Apple have grant blanket rights to them to launch, Vodafone extends such rights also to launch in those little African countries. The same reason why in certain countries like in Italy, besides TIM, Vodafone Italy is also launching it there, because they are given the blanket rights.

Malaysia? Got Vodafone Malaysia? Orange Malaysia? Or T-Mobile? Nope, we have Maxis, Celcom and DiGi. The very extent of them allowing these large telecom multiconglomerates into Malaysia is via partnership, most evidently by business joint-ventures like Celcom-Vodafone Blackberry service for businesses. Other than that, Malaysia is LOCKED TIGHT, between the three main telcos here. Apple may or may not have negotiated with our Big Three but knowing how Malaysian companies operate (untung besar, on as little as possible investments or effort, eg: TMNET, Proton), Apple decides to not go through here, or probably disgusted/disenchanted with how things are done here. Why bother with such a small market and when the telcos representing us here are acting like hungry whiny babies, wanting to be fed?

There may be exceptions like Hong Kong's "Three" by Hutchison, but I see that as Apple's attempt to penetrate the Chinese market after their failed attempt with China Mobile. they may be sending a signal to Three to push their presence into China and allowing Apple to sell their iPhones there.

See, beneath this desperateness of getting the 3G iPhone, is a well-informed calculative mind. I may not seem rational in my obsessiveness in getting the 3G iPhone, but that is just my nature: I'll do whatever it takes to get one, within reasonable mean. But I draw the line when it comes to others taking advantage of my obsessions, such as local importers here wanting RM4,000 for the 3G iPhone. I seething hate cutthroats like these, no matter how business-minded they portray themselves to look like.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 12 2008, 08:43 PM
moonstone13
post Jul 12 2008, 09:03 PM

On my way
509 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Jul 12 2008, 08:35 PM)
REason why Apple is not interested with Malaysia is that our telcos are an entity on its own. See other ccountries, for example Singtel. Singtel holds percentage interest and hold in companies with large customer bases in Australia and South East Asia, hence their ability to take up presence and charge to do the launch. It just also happen that they are from Singapore and hence passing that right and chance to fellow Singaporean.

What about those little African countries like Botswana and such, you ask? Check their telco, and you'll see that most if not all their telco are telecom multiconglomerate such as Vodafone and such, and since Apple have grant blanket rights to them to launch, Vodafone extends such rights also to launch in those little African countries. The same reason why in certain countries like in Italy, besides TIM, Vodafone Italy is also launching it there, because they are given the blanket rights.

Malaysia? Got Vodafone Malaysia? Orange Malaysia? Or T-Mobile? Nope, we have Maxis, Celcom and DiGi. The very extent of them allowing these large telecom multiconglomerates into Malaysia is via partnership, most evidently by business joint-ventures like Celcom-Vodafone Blackberry service for businesses. Other than that, Malaysia is LOCKED TIGHT, between the three main telcos here. Apple may or may not have negotiated with our Big Three but knowing how Malaysian companies operate (untung besar, on as little as possible investments or effort, eg: TMNET, Proton), Apple decides to not go through here, or probably disgusted/disenchanted with how things are done here. Why bother with such a small market and when the telcos representing us here are acting like hungry whiny babies, wanting to be fed?

There may be exceptions like Hong Kong's "Three" by Hutchison, but I see that as Apple's attempt to penetrate the Chinese market after their failed attempt with China Mobile. they may be sending a signal to Three to push their presence into China and allowing Apple to sell their iPhones there.

See, beneath this desperateness of getting the 3G iPhone, is a well-informed calculative mind. I may not seem rational in my obsessiveness in getting the 3G iPhone, but that is just my nature: I'll do whatever it takes to get one, within reasonable mean. But I draw the line when it comes to others taking advantage of my obsessions, such as local importers here wanting RM4,000 for the 3G iPhone. I seething hate cutthroats like these, no matter how business-minded they portray themselves to look like.
I've been lurking the iphone lounge for quite a bit this past weekend and this is the best reply I've come across. Period.

It's absolutely spot-on, especially the part on Malaysia's Big Three.

It's allegedly reported that the first delivery of RM4.2k 3G iphone has been sold out; and now Maxis rumours of being able to bring it in at RM1k.

Of course, it'd be great news to all if the rumours are substantiated in the near future. But I would recommend stringfellow's reply above as the Golden Rule of not being overly optimistic. tongue.gif

(*continues wondering if HTC Touch Diamond would be a winner...)

stringfellow
post Jul 12 2008, 09:09 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

OT: I've tried Diamond, and the whole interface reeks! Those comfortable with multitouch would vomit in HTC's general direction, after seeing what pisspoor effort they did slapping a ho-hum interface on top of a crappy OS. No amount of eyecandy wiper wipe animation would make me fall for that.
sc2
post Jul 12 2008, 09:12 PM

Casual
402 posts

maybe the HTC Diamond and alot of others are some sort of touch screen phone devices...but in term of smoothness, speed and especially the OS...APPLE IPHONE still the best and no competitors for this moment for sure...

jz wonder maybe the google ANDROID may take the crown in future...but still need to wait for its release... some said end of this year and some said maybe next year...

but for now...not following the trend or what...iphone is the best phone or computerized palm device for me... smile.gif
rx330
post Jul 12 2008, 09:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

bro string, thanks for the pricing, need to do a calculation for my wife, to sign with o2 UK or get one in italy
stringfellow
post Jul 12 2008, 09:17 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

You're really brave for signing a contract, must be that you have someone in UK for extended period of time to do that. As for the Italian iPhones, be careful. Italians are adept at taking advantage of you while you're not looking, I got conned myself while in Rome. Got a 20 Euro souvenir picture that I dont really want.......long story.

65 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0221sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:04 PM