48 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

All About Pregnancy, share with us your experience

views

n_n
post Jul 10 2008, 11:37 AM

Casual
385 posts

actually the rick of women getting down syndrom kid is 40 and above.. yes there might be chances that you will get normal healthy babies but the risk is there
MSA
post Jul 10 2008, 03:34 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(n_n @ Jul 10 2008, 11:37 AM)
actually the rick of women getting down syndrom kid is 40 and above.. yes there might be chances that you will get normal healthy babies but the risk is there
No only down syndrome but risk of Miscarriage is also high as well
darrenkg
post Jul 11 2008, 06:26 PM

8 posts

(take a deep breath)
All these topics involve quite alot of facts, but i'll try to explain in the simplest way=)

The period cycle will still come for a while even though you know your pregnant already. But the flow won't be so heavy as compared to normal cycles. the fetus is growing already, it should be at that time that the period stops or very mild flow.
I'm sorry but have to correct you that, menstuation will definitely STOP once you're pregnant. All mothers-going-to-be, pls take note here: ANY vaginal bleeding after you're pregnant, is ABNORMAL. Meaning, if you're pregnant, and one day you have bleeding like having menses, pls go to doctor immediately. It's either miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or molar pregnancy.

Early pregnancy won't have pain, pain only starts around your 3rd trimester, where the uterus start to "practise" to contract. And of course, the pain gets worst during active labour. And pls do not take pain-killers without consulting a doctor (although i've rarely rarely seen pregnant mothers doing it, most mothers are able to tolerate the pain). NSAIDs group of drug, is best avoided in 3rd trimester.

During active labor, IM injection is a safe and acceptable practice. Now Nalbuphine is more commonly used than pethidine because of less side effects to mother and the fetus. Bear in mind that, labour pain is the most severe pain of all pain. So when you're really in pain (and your cervix still not fully opened yet), you can ask for an injection. Beside pain relief, the other main purpose is for you to save energy, for the real push later!

Pregnancy is a big and wide topic, but i hope i can do my best to clear your doubts with the right facts.
Healthy mother and a healthy baby is always what we want! smile.gif
TSJyEn
post Jul 11 2008, 09:16 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

Darrenkg.. my son named is Darren... so he will be a doctor in future and a LYN forumer too... hehe
darrenkg
post Jul 11 2008, 11:08 PM

8 posts

Ha ya maybe..why not?=)
angeleong
post Jul 21 2008, 01:26 PM

1 posts

i had a baby boy 2 yrs ago. and now planing to hv a girl... if possible... anyone hv any ideas how to prepare myself and my hubby so the chance if conceiving a girl is increase?

TSJyEn
post Jul 22 2008, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
282 posts

i read alot say position and food u eat can effect the sex of the baby. try google and see.. i got a son now and everyone saying my next child will be a girl. everyone is so confirmed so next is a GIRL!
three forty five
post Jul 29 2008, 02:28 PM

20 posts

hi important question

if a girl spots like brown and reddish stuff during her expected period

is it confirmed pregnancy? or something else?
Kyoyagami
post Jul 30 2008, 11:39 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(angeleong @ Jul 21 2008, 01:26 PM)
i had a baby boy 2 yrs ago. and now planing to hv a girl... if possible... anyone hv any ideas how to prepare myself and my hubby so the chance if conceiving a girl is increase?
Old tales tells a lot of things about this. but, to be honest. Nothing is guaranteed. But, if you want to know the gender that u might be getting without ultrasound, i think its by looking at pregnant lady's butt and stomach. Not sure which is which again though.

here is a link to ur question.

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/babys_sex.html
TSJyEn
post Aug 1 2008, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
282 posts

QUOTE(three forty five @ Jul 29 2008, 02:28 PM)
hi important question

if a girl spots like brown and reddish stuff during her expected period

is it confirmed pregnancy? or something else?
sometimes its only the sign of period. but when she misses her period it means she might be pregnant. must go check with the doctor lo
DrezzUp
post Aug 6 2008, 06:25 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(JyEn @ Aug 1 2008, 12:22 PM)
sometimes its only the sign of period. but when she misses her period it means she might be pregnant. must go check with the doctor lo
Agree, check with yr gynae. Yr description is unclear
mygenesis
post Aug 14 2008, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

i hev ques over here.hope that our dr darrenkg can help notworthy.gif for eg if a gal has a regular menses n expected to come on 1st evry mnth. wen is d appropriate time for her to do d pregnancy test. do we nid to wait until 2 weeks? can we do it earlier? hope u can help doc!!
darrenkg
post Aug 14 2008, 10:59 PM

8 posts

i hev ques over here.hope that our dr darrenkg can help  for eg if a gal has a regular menses n expected to come on 1st evry mnth. wen is d appropriate time for her to do d pregnancy test. do we nid to wait until 2 weeks? can we do it earlier? hope u can help doc!!

Ha sure. Ok a little understanding about menstrual cycle will help. If one's menses has been very regular, like in this case, always come on 1st, means the "ovulation" happens at mid of every month. If the "egg" was fertilized at that time, then the menses won't come anymore. Therefore, as soon as you miss your menses, you can do the pregnancy test. *good luck to you mygenesis, i'm not sure whether is it what you want to be a father hoho laugh.gif
mygenesis
post Aug 15 2008, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
147 posts

tongue.gif hehe.tq 4 ur info.btw, if i were 2 have a baby. i will be a mother not father biggrin.gif
darrenkg
post Aug 15 2008, 04:54 PM

8 posts

Ooooooooooooooooops
SORRY SORRY blush.gif

Hope you get your baby! smile.gif
mygenesis
post Aug 22 2008, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

nooooooooo..i just got my period blush.gif
TSJyEn
post Sep 6 2008, 03:58 AM

Getting Started
282 posts

u hoping to be pregnant?
love_hina
post Sep 9 2008, 04:16 PM

Casual
379 posts

pregnant is wonderful, but taking care of children is a disaster ...
still, i'm a mother of 3 (soon to be 4 at the end of this month)

cheers!
dokidoki
post Sep 9 2008, 05:55 PM

I am not War machine~
4,628 posts

QUOTE(JyEn @ Jul 22 2008, 10:23 AM)
i read alot say position and food u eat can effect the sex of the baby. try google and see.. i got a son now and everyone saying my next child will be a girl. everyone is so confirmed so next is a GIRL!
if 1st 1 is girl..next 1 sure boy??
me_barney
post Sep 9 2008, 09:15 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(dokidoki @ Sep 9 2008, 06:55 PM)
if 1st 1 is girl..next 1 sure boy??
they say got one chn method to predict when to "be with ur husband" to get the sex of the baby u wanted..using sum chn calender or what..i am not sure as this is what i've heard from my grandmom..they say quite successful loh..as for science or medical point of view, i do not think ther's any method that i aware of..

Added on September 9, 2008, 9:18 pm
QUOTE(love_hina @ Sep 9 2008, 05:16 PM)
pregnant is wonderful, but taking care of children is a disaster ...
still, i'm a mother of 3 (soon to be 4 at the end of this month)

cheers!
agree..i only babysit my nephew sometimes..and he is a handfull..not quite sure if i cud manage to raise my own child..

This post has been edited by me_barney: Sep 9 2008, 09:18 PM

48 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.82    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:52 PM