48 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

All About Pregnancy, share with us your experience

views

TSJyEn
post Jun 4 2008, 12:46 PM, updated 14y ago

Getting Started
282 posts

Have a question about getting pregnant? Concerned about your chances of getting pregnant? Pregnancy-Info has everything you need to know about improving your chances of conceiving.

If you and your partner have been experiencing difficulty getting pregnant, our trying to get pregnant section provides tips on improving your chances of conception, including information on fertility supplements, how your diet can be affecting fertility, as well as recommended products that can help you conceive.

Of course, there are many tools you can use to improve your chances of conceiving. We have information on how to calculate ovulation as well as how to figure out your basal body temperature (BBT), both of which can help you determine when you�re most fertile.

Pregnancy preparation is also essential to improving your chances of getting pregnant. Ensuring that you and your partner are prepared physically and financially for the challenges of pregnancy and parenthood are essential.

Think you may be pregnant? Check out our Am I pregnant? section and learn about common pregnancy symptoms. Here, you can also calculate your due date and check out fun old wives tales to try to determine your baby�s sex.

Of course, proper preconception care is essential to both you and your baby�s health. Learn about how to stay fit and healthy during your pregnancy and what factors to avoid.

There are many factors that can contribute to having problems getting pregnant. Some of these factors include lifestyle factors, sperm health and a woman�s age. Learn about what elements could be affecting your chances of getting pregnant in our Why Can�t I Get Pregnant? section.

Making adjustments to your diet is one lifestyle change that is beneficial to individuals trying to get pregnant. Diet and fertility go hand in hand, so be sure to follow our healthy eating tips to improve your chances of conceiving.

More and more, couples are turning to fertility supplements in order to get pregnant. Fertility supplements work by helping to balance hormones and can help couples become pregnant and serve as a compliment to a healthy diet. In addition, these recommended fertility aids, including ovulation tests and basal body temperature thermometers, can help you in your path towards getting pregnant.

For women over the age of 30, trying to get pregnant poses unique considerations. That means that fertility testing over 30 is crucial to ensuring that your body is healthy enough to support a pregnancy. Learn about what types of tests can help you prepare for pregnancy here.

While the birth control pill has not been linked to fertility problems, some women have found that it takes longer for them to get pregnant after taking the pill. Learn about how the pill can affect your chances of getting pregnant in our The Pill and Pregnancy section.

For women who want to get pregnant after undergoing tubal ligation surgery, tubal reversal can help women achieve this goal. Find out how soon you can become pregnant after undergoing tubal ligation reversal surgery.

Conception

Understanding your reproductive system is an excellent first step towards conception. Being aware of the unique functions of your reproductive organs and when different changes in your cycle occur can help you on your way towards getting pregnant.

Timing sex around the time of ovulation is one way in which a woman can improve her chances of getting pregnant. Learn about how tracking your ovulation can help you improve your chances of conceiving. Our ovulation facts section, which includes information on common ovulation symptoms, can also help you learn more about how to chart ovulation.

One way in which to determine when ovulation is occurring is by monitoring cervical mucus. Being aware of different changes in cervical mucus can help you figure out the time during your cycle when you�re most fertile.

Monitoring changes in your basal body temperature (BBT) is another way to determine when you�re ovulating. Find out what your basal body temperature reveals about your chances of getting pregnant at

Medical tests such as a pregnancy ultrasound can help your health care provider monitor your baby's development, while more specialized pregnancy tests such as chorionic villus sampling (CVS) can help detect conditions such as Down syndrome and cystic fibrosis.

Taking care of your health is essential to the well being of your growing baby. Prenatal care means finding the right care giver for you as well as attending regular prenatal medical checkups. Here you'll also find information on finding a doula and midwife, as well as questions to be sure to ask your health care provider.

Learn about the stages of pregnancy and follow your baby's development with our very own pregnancy calendar. Discover how to calculate your baby's due date and find fun ideas on how to announce your pregnancy.

Teen pregnancy brings with it its own unique set of challenges. Learn about pregnancy myths and facts as well as teen pregnancy statistics. Here you'll also find advice on how to tell your parents.

Experiencing discomfort during pregnancy is something all moms-to-be go through. Learn about how to alleviate common pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness, cramps and swelling, as well as how to minimize the appearance of stretch marks and varicose veins.

Eating for more than two? Being pregnant with twins or multiples is an exciting time for moms-to-be that can also bring with it special concerns. Learn about staying healthy during a multiple pregnancy as well as information on how to reduce the risk of complications.

If you're a mom-to-be, working during pregnancy can be a challenge. Find out about how to stay safe from workplace hazards for pregnant moms as well as how to talk to your boss about going on maternity leave.

Don't forget the importance of a healthy diet and exercise to your growing baby. Discover easy tips on eating right and staying fit during your pregnancy so that both you and baby stay healthy!

One common concern moms-to-be have is about sex during pregnancy. Learn about when sex during pregnancy can be unsafe and about comfortable sex positions, as well as changes in your libido during pregnancy.

Finally, find out about plus size pregnancy, including the best birth options for plus size women as well as advice on how to find fashionable but affordable plus size maternity wear.

If you have any question about getting pregnant or even wanting to know if you are pregnant or not you can always state your question here and i will answer you as soon as i can.

Note: Im a mother of one and also taking prenatal classes during my pregnancy. Having a beautiful son and pregnancy. You can correct me if im wrong but surely we can all discuss everything all about pregnancy here.

Baby dust for you,
-=JyEn & BaBy DaRrEn=-

-http://www.pregnancy-info.net/

This post has been edited by malaysianPotato: Jun 5 2008, 11:39 AM
PeeNut
post Jun 4 2008, 01:00 PM

Captain
808 posts

It seems like age 30 above for a women is kinda hard to get pregnant. Nowadays, lady mostly married after age 30 or try to get pregnant after that age. Reason is working working working. Another reason is the bf same age or younger than her. So the man need to establish a career b4 married and usually reach 30+ oni had stable carrier.
TSJyEn
post Jun 4 2008, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

Yes its hard to get pregnant. Therefore women must remember after 30 you chances to get pregnant are very low. Not only that but if you really get pregnant many things have to be done like checking the baby health and you doesnt want to get bad news right? Some doctor will advise you to abort the baby if they found something not right with your pregnancy.

Added on June 4, 2008, 1:25 pmAre you ovulating?

Trying to get pregnant but just aren't sure when to time things? Knowing when you ovualte is key to getting that successful pregnancy test. And the key to knowing when you ovulate? By paying attention to your body and getting a little bit of help from ovulation predictor kits.

Record Your BBT
It is highly recommended that you keep a daily record of your basal body temperature or BBT (your temperature when you wake up in the morning) and the texture of your cervical mucus. You need to chart your menstrual cycle for a few months so you can recognize your pattern and have a better chance of predicting your most fertile days.

How to check your temperature
When you ovulate, your body starts to provide a fertile environment for conception. As a result, your body temperature will rise.
On the first day of your period, start keeping track of your temperature with a basal body thermometer. This will show minute changes in your temperature. Take your basal body temperature at the same time every morning if you can. When you have done this, mark it down.

It's helpful to chart your temperature for a few months so you can see whether there's a pattern to your cycle. If you're sick or fail to take your temperature immediately upon awakening, any pattern you find may be inaccurate. Thermometers that remember the last reading are helpful if you tend to go back to sleep after taking your temperature.

Check Your LH Surge
Another sign that you are ovulating is when your Luteneizing Hormone surges. Ovulation midstream tests are a popular and easy way to detect the LH surge in your urine.

Monitor Your Sodium Chloride Ions
A popular new way to detect the fertile days during your cycle is by monitoring your body's production of sodium chloride ions. Throughout your menstrual cycle, your body produces differing levels of sodium chloride ions. Approximately six days before ovulation, levels of these ions will surge. You can detect this surge by wearing an apparatus known as the OV Watch.

This watch-like device is worn snugly against the skin and measures the amount of ions released in your perspiration. You must wear this watch for at least six hours a day from Day 1 of your menstrual period. It is recommended that you wear the watch while you are sleeping. Every 30 minutes, the OV watch will record the level of ions released from your skin. Up to 12 readings a day will be recorded. Each morning, read the results on your OV Watch. The watch will inform you of four fertile days just before you ovulate, of your ovulation date, and of one fertile day after ovulation.

How to Check Your Cervical Mucus
There are three ways to do this. Using toilet paper, or your fingers, wipe across the opening of your vagina. Wearing a panty liner can also help in the collection of mucus. Lastly, you can try inserting a finger into your vagina. Note the consistency of your discharge. You may also want to monitor its texture throughout the day. Read more on Monitoring your Cervical Mucus.

When the Two Coincide, It's Time!
If your mucus looks and feels like egg white at the same time your BBT has increased, you are ovulating. This is your time to start making babies.

Recommended products:

A convenient form of fertility software is available for your palm pilot. You can analyze your temperature and cervical fluid and identify your thermal shift. The software also creates a calendar of your fertility cycle and generates clear charts for further analysis.

Ovulation Calculator - Easy solution that calculates when women are most and least likely to get pregnant. ( if your period is regular the calculation will be easier)

This post has been edited by malaysianPotato: Jun 5 2008, 11:39 AM
icypetals
post Jun 4 2008, 01:52 PM

Casual
324 posts

getting pregnant above 30 increase the chances of getting a down syndrome-wikipedia

the younger the lower the risk of down syndrome.

COMFIRMED
map
post Jun 4 2008, 02:46 PM

Moonlight Healing Escalation!
675 posts

QUOTE(PeeNut @ Jun 4 2008, 01:00 PM)
It seems like age 30 above for a women is kinda hard to get pregnant. Nowadays, lady mostly married after age 30 or try to get pregnant after that age. Reason is working working working. Another reason is the bf same age or younger than her. So the man need to establish a career b4 married and usually reach 30+ oni had stable carrier.
my mom had me when she was 38, and had my baby bro when she was 42

both of us are healthy, my little bro gave birth that time extra large and pink some more. ;p mentally we're ok, i graduated from one of the top ranked universities in the world with a mech engineering degree

i could be an outlier, but most of my friend's parents are of the same age, so alot of ppl past our generation used to give birth past the age of 30 too
youngkies
post Jun 4 2008, 04:34 PM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

give a credit to the author or put in the link to the article as references.

copy paste without giving author credit is bad plagiarism.
darklight79
post Jun 4 2008, 05:34 PM

I'll eat your food
Group Icon
Elite
9,006 posts

Pretty good thread. Should we sticky this youngkies?
TSJyEn
post Jun 4 2008, 07:51 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

its up to you. copy and paste and giving information to all is good thing. My sister in law now pregnancy 38weeks and having so many sickness at the age 35 years old. So i dont think all women should pregnant so late age.

Added on June 4, 2008, 7:51 pmI just want to share my experience with everyone and share what i know. Thats all. Thanks for reading!

Added on June 5, 2008, 9:32 amTeenage Pregnancy
Pregnancy can take some teens by surprise. Valuable advice for parents and teens will help you get a handle on this very sensitive issue. Pregnancy: Myth and Fact explains how easily 'mistakes' can happen. Parents and teens alike should read about the statistics on teen pregnancy.

You will also need advice on breaking the news to your parents. If you are a teen and you think you are pregnant, it is recommended you do a home pregnancy test right away. The sooner you know, the more time you have to weigh your options and start looking after yourself.

As a parent, you can learn how to relate to your pregnant teenage daughter. Try to talk with her calmly as she is emotional and also confused.

This happened to me when i need to break the news to my parents i was pregnant 2 years ago when im only in college. Its was very hard for me i almost suicide but my principal help me alot and she called my parents behalf of me and break the news. My parents take it calmly and try to find a way out. Im so grateful for them giving me the chance to be a better person again and Im sorry for what Ive done.

This post has been edited by malaysianPotato: Jun 5 2008, 11:38 AM
malaysianPotato
post Jun 5 2008, 11:24 AM

I need more space to write stuff here...
Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Jun 4 2008, 05:34 PM)
Not until credits to the original author of what she's posting are added to her posts.

its up to you. copy and paste and giving information to all is good thing.

Sharing is good, not giving credit where due is not. Edit your posts and include links to the source of your copy-paste posts.
TSJyEn
post Jun 5 2008, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
282 posts

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/

this is where i find all the pregnancy info to all viewers.. is it ok now?
blackburry
post Jun 5 2008, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

Just want to know, when giving birth, do you prefer natural delivery or caesarean?

I note that nowdays a lot of woman go under the knife altho they can deliver naturally.

TSJyEn
post Jun 5 2008, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

usually they all prefer normal birth but me i cant. I have to Csection as my baby was overdue already and my blood pressure shooting up on that day. and also my cervix didnt open yet although its alreasy 38week plus. So the doc suggest me to have c section ASAP! so the next morning my son is born by surgery.. the nurse told me the pain killer will last for 4 to 5 hours but once the surgery was over the pain straight kill me. duh.. was so painful and i ask the nurse to inject me again but they say its too fast. Then i need to stand the pain for 2 hours then can inject again. Every one or two hours i must inject because its too painful for me plus i was coughing that time so its painful and suffer. The 2nd day i must get up and lean over by my bed but my leg aint working. LOL painful enuf i cry.. the 3rd day i must walk. accompanied by my hubby i walk while crying. LOL i was silly.. but for me its painful. the 4rd day i went back home. The whole month was nitemare as its hot and for sure i cant bath. then the wound is painful and also itchy. Think of the days i dont think i want to be c section again. My next choice will be normal birth..
icypetals
post Jun 5 2008, 08:02 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(JyEn @ Jun 5 2008, 05:25 PM)
usually they all prefer normal birth but me i cant. I have to Csection as my baby was overdue already and my blood pressure shooting up on that day. and also my cervix didnt open yet although its alreasy 38week plus. So the doc suggest me to have c section ASAP! so the next morning my son is born by surgery.. the nurse told me the pain killer will last for 4 to 5 hours but once the surgery was over the pain straight kill me. duh.. was so painful and i ask the nurse to inject me again but they say its too fast. Then i need to stand the pain for 2 hours then can inject again. Every one or two hours i must inject because its too painful for me plus i was coughing that time so its painful and suffer. The 2nd day i must get up and lean over by my bed but my leg aint working. LOL painful enuf i cry.. the 3rd day i must walk. accompanied by my hubby i walk while crying. LOL i was silly.. but for me its painful. the 4rd day i went back home. The whole month was nitemare as its hot and for sure i cant bath. then the wound is painful and also itchy. Think of the days i dont think i want to be c section again. My next choice will be normal birth..
wow, real story of child birth from mama shocking.gif

proud to be a boy.
Thx mama! laugh.gif
youngkies
post Jun 5 2008, 09:00 PM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

that is an example of poor pain management by the ward.

Added on June 5, 2008, 9:04 pm
QUOTE(darklight79 @ Jun 4 2008, 05:34 PM)
yes. pinned!

QUOTE(JyEn @ Jun 4 2008, 07:51 PM)
its up to you. copy and paste and giving information to all is good thing. -http://www.pregnancy-info.net/
sharing is good. but you wouldnt like someone just to copy and paste a good article you have written yourself without your acknowledgement or any credit for you ain't it.

This post has been edited by youngkies: Jun 5 2008, 09:04 PM
blackburry
post Jun 5 2008, 09:22 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

wow... the sacrifice of being a mama.. guess its not easy sweat.gif Btw, how is the cut on your stomach? I mean is it vertically or horizontally? If I'm not mistaken if the cut is horizontally the pain is unbearable more than vertically or, the other way round.

And how many stitches will the doctor do to re-touched the cervix? One of my friend's friend, pity her that she have to re-do the stitches for 3 times due to the unprofessional doctor skill. sad.gif the pain ... need to say more? Worst of all, it's her 1st baby delivery and now she's kinda phobia to it. Poor thing...

This post has been edited by blackburry: Jun 5 2008, 09:24 PM
youngkies
post Jun 6 2008, 06:41 AM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

One more common thing that many pregnant mums do not know about in Malaysia compare to those in developed country, the taking of supplement of folic acid to prevent spina bifida in baby.

Supplement of folic acid 400mcg daily has been clinically proven to prevent spinal cord defect in the baby.

Though it is not common, but better be safe than be sorry.
Kyoyagami
post Jun 6 2008, 09:20 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(map @ Jun 4 2008, 02:46 PM)
my mom had me when she was 38, and had my baby bro when she was 42

both of us are healthy, my little bro gave birth that time extra large and pink some more. ;p mentally we're ok, i graduated from one of the top ranked universities in the world with a mech engineering degree

i could be an outlier, but most of my friend's parents are of the same age, so alot of ppl past our generation used to give birth past the age of 30 too
I was born on 87, and that time my mum was 34. It should be noted that the living lifestyle and environment of the past suits much more and is better compared to the living environment and exposure to hazardous materials right now.

In fact, as life expectancy has begun to decrease, it should be noted that there is logic that women over 30 who get pregnant nowadays might lead to higher chances to having birth defects to their child.

Its been research so that down syndrome is higher in rate when women get pregnant above 30, but it should be noted that is an average age. even people have said that above 35, if a female does not egt pregnant by there she is more highly in risk to get breast cancer.

The point, those are only statistics and research done. its good to refer, but not to totally demotivate females from getting pregnant due to health risks.

Ever read of a 60 year old woman who got pregnant and delivered a healthy baby? smile.gif
TSJyEn
post Jun 6 2008, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
282 posts

neverthe less the pain when the doc inject my back bone... its terribly pain!!!!! duh.. if i can turn bak time i wish for normal birth.. the scar is ugly... its at bikini line but then its ugly.. sob sob...and it makes my tummy big big.. duh hate it... thanks youngkies to pinned my post. im sorry earlier.

i only have 3 stitches and its a nitemare.. its a private clinic shud be more focus on patient. I spend Rm5600 for this whole giving birth thing.. duh... frustating.. but then worth it i guess.. hehehe..
MSA
post Jun 10 2008, 05:40 PM

Casual
317 posts

Talking about pregnancy ...

I wanna share you a story about my wife. How we went thru our pregnancy. My OLDEST son during fetus time, his intestine was outside we found out during those normal routine scan. It was a very serious matter.

Both My wife and my SON have to do surgery. Once my son was born I still remember seeing him inside this TUBE. With his intestine outside. He can't be expose to outside due to there might be a risk of infection. And there were SOO many cables monitoring him and even from the slightest change of temperature the machine will do a lot of beeping noise and you can see all the nurse attending to it. After seeing him he had immediately go into another surgery. Which was painful to wait outside. My mum in law and my mother was praying for his well being.

While my wife, she was in soooo much pain from the surgery that she can even barely TALK. I remember the first few days she can't even talk to me. Then the nurse tell her that she have to walk. If not mistaken ..hehehe ... But it wasn't easy for her as well as for me

Once the doctor came out he told me that the operation was succesful and manage to put all the intestine in. Goodnews was short lived. As times goes by, they notice my son wasn't coping very well after the surgery. He had to go thru xray and scan only found out what was wrong. The intestine didn't function well and they can't absorb the food and nutrition intake.

so HE HAD to go another surgery. I remember sitting inside the ward crying just to pray nothing happen to him. I wasn't easy going thru the first month. I remember the first month he had to stay NICU in the hospital. I remember we have to celebrate full moon inside the hospital with him. It was a happy moment but none of us gave up. It was really sad to see there was SOOOOO many wires and tubes attach to him like a robot.

But all good went thru and you can see him at my wife's blog

The Truth About Joe flex.gif

Now he's a hyperactive boy who just like to talk talk talk and play video games non stop .......
It's just a blessing that all went smoothly

This post has been edited by MSA: Jun 10 2008, 05:44 PM
TSJyEn
post Jun 10 2008, 10:57 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

God Bless You and Your Family..

48 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0423sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:24 PM