Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Complaint About AIA insurance

views

Joshua_0718
post May 27 2008, 11:09 AM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**
8,908 posts

QUOTE(sily22 @ May 27 2008, 10:39 AM)
Hi Joshua, Thanks for your offer to help. This case has not yet solve and I dont know wheter can it be solve or not.
You are very lucky tat your dad is AIA insurance manager. Much more easier to get thing done.
I dont think i will be that lucky furthermore my AGENT sucks. Has disappear too. Really regret buying the insurance from him.

Later I am going to AIA office. I see what is the advise they will give me and then only make decision from there.
I will get the help from your dad if i need. Thanks again in advance for the offer.
Maybe your agent lack of experience in explaining in more detailed. And there is where people used to give misleading statement or making their client to interpret wrong. *Not referring only to aia. tongue.gif

Insurance manager to get thing done for my case? As I just told you, my dad just ask me to pass the my medical card policy number to them, and they will call up AIA to confirm the number and straight settle with them. Don't think my dad done anything except by giving me my number. I better confirm with him 1 day. tongue.gif

I have given you my dad contact number. Maybe you could call him up to ask him whom to best to refer to. smile.gif

Btw, you have stated your agent dissapear, why don't you contact his agency manager? He is under 1 of the agency manager.

This post has been edited by Joshua_0718: May 27 2008, 11:12 AM
Y_yz
post May 27 2008, 12:16 PM

46 posts

Sily22,

Hope u get a satisfied advise, ALL THE BEST.

U should note down all the questions raised and ask all sekali gus. Such as, why cant issued GL while others can, ur cash value all la.
TSsily22
post May 27 2008, 12:36 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(Y_yz @ May 27 2008, 12:16 PM)
Sily22,

Hope u get a satisfied advise, ALL THE BEST.

U should note down all the questions raised and ask all sekali gus. Such as, why cant issued GL while others can, ur cash value all la.
Thanks. Thats a good idea. I will write down what I want to ask.
Hope I get what I want to know...

Added on May 27, 2008, 12:54 pm
QUOTE(Joshua_0718 @ May 27 2008, 11:09 AM)
Maybe your agent lack of experience in explaining in more detailed. And there is where people used to give misleading statement or making their client to interpret wrong. *Not referring only to aia.  tongue.gif

Insurance manager to get thing done for my case? As I just told you, my dad just ask me to pass the my medical card policy number to them, and they will call up AIA to confirm the number and straight settle with them. Don't think my dad done anything except by giving me my number. I better confirm with him 1 day.  tongue.gif

I have given you my dad contact number. Maybe you could call him up to ask him whom to best to refer to. smile.gif

Btw, you have stated your agent dissapear, why don't you contact his agency manager? He is under 1 of the agency manager.
My Agent was my ex-manager. He told me he has been doing partime AIA agent for the past at least 8 years. Now maybe already more than 10 years i guess. So is this consider lack of experience?

I dont know who is his manager in AIA because he is the only person i deal with so far. Further more he doing partime last time then full time for few years and now part time again (full time with public mutual) if i m not mistaken.
He is the only AIA people that I know.

This post has been edited by sily22: May 27 2008, 12:54 PM
Joshua_0718
post May 27 2008, 05:11 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**
8,908 posts

QUOTE(sily22 @ May 27 2008, 12:36 PM)

My Agent was my ex-manager. He told me he has been doing partime AIA agent for the past at least 8 years. Now maybe already more than 10 years i guess. So is this consider lack of experience?

I dont know who is his manager in AIA because he is the only person i deal with so far. Further more he doing partime last time then full time for few years and now part time again (full time with public mutual) if i m not mistaken.
Lack of experience? I don't think so then. But I can't say much as I myself is not anyone from aia. tongue.gif
You don't know his agency name also?
hamster9
post May 27 2008, 05:42 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

QUOTE(goey @ May 27 2008, 07:00 AM)
My mom bought an education policy for me when I was still in my nappies, hoping that it will help in saving for my education when I eventually attend college.

It turns out that my policy is NOT an education policy but life policy which is only claimable upon death.Now the AIA agent is nowhere to be seen.Otherwise, we would definitely love to beat him up for making false promises but couldn't deliver.
wat's the name of the policy and send me the information. I'm working in AIA office. Let us see what we can do about it. nod.gif

QUOTE(sily22 @ May 27 2008, 12:36 PM)

Same goes to you smile.gif

8 years of part-time is still considered INEXPERIENCED wink.gif coz they still don't know the company's mechanism. Part time means they are still earning a living out of your commission and thus, best if left with lesser explaination and just sign above the dotted line cool2.gif
cute_boboi
post May 27 2008, 09:25 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

Something I have posted before, but just to inform everyone.

Most of you will not encounter this, but for surgery/anesthetic/ICU/etc. there is fine print the cost is spread over x years, normally 3 yrs. Not sure about the latest T&C now. Maybe those in AIA/ING/Prudential/etc. can check it out and post it here.

e.g. I take my friends' policy which is from AIA also several years ago. Company bought from AIA coverage 200k for surgery/etc. We are not talking PA/death/etc. Our PA are 500k each, death is 500k each. Don't ask which field I'm in which requires so high coverage. wink.gif Latest I know, they are covered at 1M each.

He involved in accident, and the bill for surgery/etc. alone goes somewhere >75k. Yes, it is a big bad accident. 75k does not include PA claim yet.

Anyway, the full time AIA agent also don't know about this fine print, until we informed him about the accident and he checks on the finer details to help us to claim. Then only he found out and inform us that the claim can only be claim over 3 yrs, i.e. max 66k/year. Anything above that must fork out from own pocket money, which is >10k

After claim 66.667k, there is remaining 133.333k for that coverage to claim in future. But the point here is, max 66k/yr for 200k coverage over 3 yrs.

TSsily22
post May 27 2008, 10:40 PM

29 posts

I walk in to AIA office today and talk to an expert and she advise me that not to terminate this policy and my medical card because of my age factor and the history of this surgery.
I am now waiting for the answer from AIA. I want an assurance letter from AIA saying that this will not happen again in the future and I want an apologize letter from AIA and the Agent itself for causing me so much trouble. In the same time I see what compensation AIA will give me. Wish me Luck.

Thanks to everyone for the support, comments, advices, and help offered here. I appreciate it a lot.
I am so surprise that there are so many kind people out there offering me help happy.gif biggrin.gif
I will consider getting another medical card for sure bcoz it seem to me that what I have is not sufficient enough.

What I learn here is that we need to have a Good agent no matter which insurance company you are having, Aware of your own policy (what you are having) and must fight for what we deserved.
bbjslee
post May 28 2008, 12:36 AM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo
2,247 posts

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ May 27 2008, 09:25 PM)
Something I have posted before, but just to inform everyone.

Most of you will not encounter this, but for surgery/anesthetic/ICU/etc. there is fine print the cost is spread over x years, normally 3 yrs. Not sure about the latest T&C now. Maybe those in AIA/ING/Prudential/etc. can check it out and post it here.

e.g. I take my friends' policy which is from AIA also several years ago. Company bought from AIA coverage 200k for surgery/etc. We are not talking PA/death/etc. Our PA are 500k each, death is 500k each. Don't ask which field I'm in which requires so high coverage.  wink.gif Latest I know, they are covered at 1M each.

He involved in accident, and the bill for surgery/etc. alone goes somewhere >75k. Yes, it is a big bad accident. 75k does not include PA claim yet.

Anyway, the full time AIA agent also don't know about this fine print, until we informed him about the accident and he checks on the finer details to help us to claim. Then only he found out and inform us that the claim can only be claim over 3 yrs, i.e. max 66k/year. Anything above that must fork out from own pocket money, which is >10k

After claim 66.667k, there is remaining 133.333k for that coverage to claim in future. But the point here is, max 66k/yr for 200k coverage over 3 yrs.
Is that due to Max. Annual Claim amount?
For GE, there's an Max. Annual Claim and Max. Lifetime claim.
athlon 11
post May 28 2008, 12:41 AM

Getting Started
287 posts

QUOTE(b00n @ May 21 2008, 10:15 PM)
As far as I understood about today's market on Medical card, one is already losing money if he/she does not ever claim once from the medical card. I could be wrong in the sense that my interpretation that there's no cash value in serving the premium for medical card.
perhaps her medical card is a rider,not a standalone basis.
TSsily22
post Jun 17 2008, 02:33 PM

29 posts

Finally after 2-3 weeks, I got the reply from AIA. I am more displease than ever. I dont get the answer I want. This is the 2nd complaint. I wonder. Do i need to proceed for the 3rd complain again.
Basically, what they say is still the same thing. Still beating around the bush. According to them, that this medical card is just serve as an identification and its a value added- service. No guarantee in issueing the Guarantee Letter. If GL is not issue doesnt mean cannot claim but have to pay first then the only they will review to pay me back or not.
The reject my request of full refund and ask my agent to assist me.
What happen is my Agent called me and scold me for making this complaint. I am not complaining him. He sound so rude as I owe him and cause him trouble for this.

Do I deserve this? Nothing I can do now. What else I can do? Should I make 3rd complain? I wish to reply the letter to AIA but they dont have any fax or email for me reply. If I have to reply, I have to go thru bank negara again.

I cant change agent. I have to stick with this agent and AIA dont want to issue me an assurance letter to protect me if in the future I will admitted again to the hospital for the same surgery.

I feel very disappointed. Now i know why many people say insurance cheat people because we dont have good agent to explain PROPERLY. They suppose to help us but they didnt and ignore us.

Where is the justice??? Do you think you all really can TRUST YOUR LIFE WITH AIA as what AIA slogan is?
I really feel AIA make me "going around in circles" to discourage me from making futher complaints.

bbjslee
post Jun 17 2008, 06:25 PM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo
2,247 posts

QUOTE(sily22 @ Jun 17 2008, 02:33 PM)
Finally after 2-3 weeks, I got the reply from AIA. I am more displease than ever. I dont get the answer I want. This is the 2nd complaint. I wonder. Do i need to proceed for the 3rd complain again.
Basically, what they say is still the same thing. Still beating around the bush. According to them, that this medical card is just serve as an identification and its a value added- service. No guarantee in issueing the Guarantee Letter. If GL is not issue doesnt mean cannot claim but have to pay first then the only they will review to pay me back or not.
The reject my request of full refund and ask my agent to assist me.
What happen is my Agent called me and scold me for making this complaint. I am not complaining him. He sound so rude as I owe him and cause him trouble for this.

Do I deserve this? Nothing I can do now. What else I can do? Should I make 3rd complain? I wish to reply the letter to AIA but they dont have any fax or email for me reply. If I have to reply, I have to go thru bank negara again.

I cant change agent. I have to stick with this agent and AIA dont want to issue me an assurance letter to protect me if in the future I will admitted again to the hospital for the same surgery.

I feel very disappointed. Now i know why many people say insurance cheat people because we dont have good agent to explain PROPERLY. They suppose to help us but they didnt and ignore us.

Where is the justice??? Do you think you all really can TRUST YOUR LIFE WITH AIA as what AIA slogan is?
I really feel AIA make me "going around in circles" to discourage me from making futher complaints.
Though I'm not an AIA agent, I'm sorry that this incident has made you lost your trust on Insurance.
This is what I would do:
- Lodge a report with AIA about your agent
- Request to change the agent.

The other way, find out how much you can get if you surrender your policy. Sometimes short time suffering is better than long term suffering.
Get another medical card (standalone or rider) from another Insurance Company. And while you're apply for new Insurance Policy (medical card) DO NOT surrender your AIA policy 1st, because there is waiting period... etc. And furthermore there maybe exclusion and possibility being rejected due to your previous surgery.

If you don't mind, let us know what surgery was that, to you it could be a major surgery, but to other insurance company it could be a minor surgery which will not affect you from getting new insurance. Also, let us know roughly how old you are. Below 35? 35-40?... etc. There are a number of Insurance Agents here in the forum, with some basic info, we would be able to give you better advice and recommendation.
Colaboy
post Jun 17 2008, 06:51 PM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(bbjslee @ Jun 17 2008, 06:25 PM)
Though I'm not an AIA agent, I'm sorry that this incident has made you lost your trust on Insurance.
This is what I would do:

The other way, find out how much you can get if you surrender your policy. Sometimes short time suffering is better than long term suffering.
Get another medical card (standalone or rider) from another Insurance Company. And while you're apply for new Insurance Policy (medical card) DO NOT surrender your AIA policy 1st, because there is waiting period... etc. And furthermore there maybe exclusion and possibility being rejected due to your previous surgery.

If you don't mind, let us know what surgery was that, to you it could be a major surgery, but to other insurance company it could be a minor surgery which will not affect you from getting new insurance. Also, let us know roughly how old you are. Below 35? 35-40?... etc. There are a number of Insurance Agents here in the forum, with some basic info, we would be able to give you better advice and recommendation.
pity to see consumer are treated this way . . . .btw you have the rightz to change a servicing agent
thats why some people out there have such negetive thinking about an insurance agent

TSsily22
post Jun 17 2008, 10:39 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(bbjslee @ Jun 17 2008, 06:25 PM)
This is what I would do:

This is the feedback i got from AIA. I do wish to change the agent but I cant because this policy has more than 6 years already. I have to stick with it unless he quit. Sound sad isnt it?
My intention at the first place was complain about AIA because they teach their agent what to say and they use their agent to protect themself by blaming the fault to the agent.

Surrender my policy? That is really a big lost.

The surgery I go thru is call "LAPAROSCOPY OVARIAN DRILLING" is this treatment cover? According to Doctor yes but according to AIA, NO!!! Base on that face they say they cant issue me the GL and they issue me the NON-GL and advise me not to file-in the claim but i can still try to file in where they wont stop me from doing so. What nonsense is this? to make the simple term that I understand mean THIS SURGERY is not covered and cant be claim. They dont want to admit that. I am using the exact same situation now asking them, will the issue me the GL? will they pay me back if i pay first, they just go round and round say u can try but no guarantee. What is that mean??? I really dont understand.

I am only 30 years old and this is the first time using medical card for the surgery and face so much difficulties. How will I still have confident with insurance, with AIA?
They deny and dont want to let me talk to the boss, the person incharge, they dont want to give me confident. Some how i feel that i am being bully by them because they know that you need them more than they need you!

Added on June 17, 2008, 10:50 pmI wish my story, my bad experience with AIA can share with Everyone. Let everyone beware with their own insurance, especially AIA.
I am going to create a blog and post all the experience, the conversation i had with AIA, the complain letter, that I got to share with EVERYONE. Let everyone know. Let the news be spread since nothing else I can do to further proceed with the complaint. I see no point making the 3rd complaint because i will get back the same answer and some how i feel that Bank negara are not helpful enough too. I have already file the complaint to bank negara, to NCCC ( national Consumer Complaint Center), post the story to MyFM station, i even try Jabatan perdagangan dan Hal ehwal pengguna and yet all i got is "nothing".

Can anyone tell me what else I can do? I am very "sakit hati" with what I had experience. I really wish to let the whole world know my experience.

This post has been edited by sily22: Jun 17 2008, 10:50 PM
bbjslee
post Jun 18 2008, 01:46 AM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo
2,247 posts

QUOTE(sily22 @ Jun 17 2008, 10:39 PM)
This is the feedback i got from AIA. I do wish to change the agent but I cant because this policy has more than 6 years already. I have to stick with it unless he quit. Sound sad isnt it?
My intention at the first place was complain about AIA because they teach their agent what to say and they use their agent to protect themself by blaming the fault to the agent.

The surgery I go thru is call "LAPAROSCOPY OVARIAN DRILLING" is this treatment cover? According to Doctor yes but according to AIA, NO!!! Base on that face they say they cant issue me the GL and they issue me the NON-GL and advise me not to file-in the claim but i can still try to file in where they wont stop me from doing so. What nonsense is this? to make the simple term that I understand mean THIS SURGERY is not covered and cant be claim. They dont want to admit that. I am using the exact same situation now asking them, will the issue me the GL? will they pay me back if i pay first, they just go round and round say u can try but no guarantee. What is that mean??? I really dont understand.

I am only 30 years old and this is the first time using medical card for the surgery and face so much difficulties. How will I still have confident with insurance, with AIA?
They deny and dont want to let me talk to the boss, the person incharge, they dont want to give me confident. Some how i feel that i am being bully by them because they know that you need them more than they need you!

Added on June 17, 2008, 10:50 pmI wish my story, my bad experience with AIA can share with Everyone. Let everyone beware with their own insurance, especially AIA.
I am going to create a blog and post all the experience, the conversation i had with AIA, the complain letter, that I got to share with EVERYONE. Let everyone know. Let the news be spread since nothing else I can do to further proceed with the complaint. I see no point making the 3rd complaint because i will get back the same answer and some how i feel that Bank negara are not helpful enough too. I have already file the complaint to bank negara, to NCCC ( national Consumer Complaint Center), post the story to MyFM station, i even try Jabatan perdagangan dan Hal ehwal pengguna and yet all i got is "nothing".

Can anyone tell me what else I can do? I am very "sakit hati" with what I had experience. I really wish to let the whole world know my experience.
From what you've stated, AIA did not directly say cannot claim. The people you spoke to in AIA they are not sure if it is claimable or not. But there's a point I find it weird, which is "advise me not to file-in the claim" this is very weird indeed. Normally, under situation where they are unsure claimable or not, they'll ask you to pay first and "please" file in the claim later.

30 years old is consider young, you can still purchase a medical card at a relatively cheap premium. But due to your past surgery, there could be some complication. Insurance company might ask for your medical report, extra premium or exclusion clause attached. Go and see some insurance agent from GE/Pru/ING... etc. Get medical card from them, submit the proposal form. Then make a choice from there, while you're doing that do not surrender your AIA policy first.

Another thing is I see no reason why because due to "6 years" you cannot change agent. I'm not sure about other Insurance company's law, but in GE, you can change but with the consent of your current agent.

Some personal advice regarding Medical Card.
- Get at least 2 medical card if you can afford it. All the medical card has it's limit, some are in annual limit/treatment limit/lifetime limit. In most cases, one medical card's limit is not enough to last you a lifetime. Unless you're very lucky.
- Lots of insurance agent I know, have 2 or 3 medical cards. Some get from different insurance companies. Why? Silly22's example is a perfect reason. Put the eggs in different baskets. Surgery A can claim from Company G, but not from Company P, Surgery B can claim from Company P but not Company G... etc.

Silly22, this is what I would try to do:
1. Complain about your agent gao gao at AIA. Try to change to another agent
2. Shop for medical cards from other Insurance Company. But beware... cheap things are not necessary good.
3. Since you can't cancel AIA medical card, once you completed step 2, you would have 3 medical cards!
4. If you really hated AIA and does not want anything to do with the company, surrender your policy once the surrender value almost matches or more than the total premium you paid. For Traditional plan, it is usually somewhere between 15 - 20 yrs.
5. Now you would ask what to do with AIA medical card for another 10 yrs? My strategy is use your company's medical card 1st, once exhausted or not enough to cover, then use AIA, then only use your new Insurance Policy's medical card. Do take note that usually medical card has 120 days of waiting period.

This post has been edited by bbjslee: Jun 18 2008, 02:07 AM
TSsily22
post Jun 18 2008, 02:04 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(bbjslee @ Jun 18 2008, 01:46 AM)
From what you've stated, AIA did not directly say cannot claim. The people you spoke to in AIA they are not sure if it is claimable or not. But there's a point I find it weird, which is "advise me not to file-in the claim" this is very weird indeed. Normally, under situation where they are unsure claimable or not, they'll ask you to pay first and "please" file in the claim later.

30 years old is consider young, you can still purchase a medical card at a relatively cheap premium. But due to your past surgery, there could be some complication. Insurance company might ask for your medical report, extra premium or exclusion clause attached. Go and see some insurance agent from GE/Pru/ING... etc. Get medical card from them, submit the proposal form. Then make a choice from there, while you're doing that do not surrender your AIA policy first.

Another thing is I see no reason why because due to "6 years" you cannot change agent. I'm not sure about other Insurance company's law, but in GE, you can change but with the consent of your current agent.

Some personal advice regarding Medical Card.
- Get at least 2 medical card if you can afford it. All the medical card has it's limit, some are in annual limit/treatment limit/lifetime limit. In most cases, one medical card's limit is not enough to last you a lifetime. Unless you're very lucky.
- Lots of insurance agent I know, have 2 or 3 medical cards. Some get from different insurance companies. Why? Silly22's example is a perfect reason. Put the eggs in different baskets. Surgery A can claim from Company G, but not from Company P, Surgery B can claim from Company P but not Company G... etc.

2. Shop for medical cards from other Insurance Company. But beware... cheap things are not necessary good.
3. Since you can't cancel AIA medical card, once you completed step 2, you would have 3 medical cards!
4. If you really hated AIA and does not want anything to do with the company, surrender your policy once the surrender value almost matches or more than the total premium you paid. For Traditional plan, it is usually somewhere between 15 - 20 yrs.
5. Now you would ask what to do with AIA medical card for another 10 yrs? My strategy is use your company's medical card 1st, once exhausted or not enough to cover, then use AIA, then only use your new Insurance Policy's medical card. Do take note that usually medical card has 120 days of waiting period.
AIA dare not say CANNOT CLAIM. They use their term that only make you confuse. To make it straight to lay-man term it do mean cannot claim. They are protecting their ASS. I do ask them, you cant issue me the GL and base on this case u issue me the Non-GL and ask me to NOT to file me but they will not stop me from try to claim. What is this mean? I tell them, take this case as example, just tell me can claim or not, again they got their script what to say and bring me round the garden again and make me confuse to understand what they mean. They dont make it simple by saying yes or not. I m surprise to hear this. They will ask you go ahead and pay first but then try to claim later.... You see the word "TRY"?

I will definately will consider getting 2nd medical card. What I have with AIA are definately not good enough and not enough at all.

Thanks for your advise. you do give a good advise.
I will try to change agent because I really dont want to deal with my current agent. You know whenever he call me, i feel scare and threaten. I am a client but I am scare with him.

Look like i can only surrender my policy after 25-30 years to match the cash value that i have invested.
I believe I will still have problem with AIA even i have 2-3 card. They will just make your life difficult to claim.

SAME CASE, SAME SENARIO, Same Treatment, with report, bill and everything they want, i ask them can cover or not. They bring me circle again. My conclusion is "LAPAROSCOPY OVARIAN DRILLING" is not claimable in AIA. That what they trying to tell me but they dont make it straight point.
cd928
post Jun 18 2008, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

i feel sorry for what u have been going through with aia insurance.im also coverd by aia since 2001 and never claim before (thank goodness im healthy as ever).
your bad experience i shall take note/aware of if something similar happen to me in the future, lucky i have company insurance also (ING).Last 2 years i go to clinic the doc said i have something like fungus under my armpit have to follow-up SJMC then i call ING they say not cover because its under facial treatmen sweat.gif when i told the doc what happen she was shock "armpit under facial treatmen??"
joycecross
post Jun 18 2008, 04:44 PM

9 posts

hey... i feel sorry for what you are going thru.....

i really understand as it's quite rough emotional roller coaster...

I am oso very worried about AIA insurance now...especially reading thru the threads...

I wish I know the rule of the thumb, go for those that doesn't split in details like advised by one isurance agent here.

anyway, all the best.. hopefully u hear good news
bbjslee
post Jun 18 2008, 06:13 PM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo
2,247 posts

QUOTE(cd928 @ Jun 18 2008, 04:22 PM)
i feel sorry for what u have been going through with aia insurance.im also coverd by aia since 2001 and never claim before (thank goodness im healthy as ever).
your bad experience i shall take note/aware of if something similar happen to me in the future, lucky i have company insurance also (ING).Last 2 years i go to clinic the doc said i have something like fungus under my armpit have to follow-up SJMC then i call ING they say not cover because its under facial treatmen sweat.gif  when i told the doc what happen she was shock "armpit under facial treatmen??"
Maybe they thought you're waxing your armpit hair icon_idea.gif

Added on June 18, 2008, 6:17 pm
QUOTE(joycecross @ Jun 18 2008, 04:44 PM)
hey... i feel sorry for what you are going thru.....

i really understand as it's quite rough emotional roller coaster...

I am oso very worried about AIA insurance now...especially reading thru the threads...

I wish I know the rule of the thumb, go for those that doesn't split in details like advised by one isurance agent here.

anyway, all the best.. hopefully u hear good news
It is very important to get a good servicing agent, especially those who are willing to go an extra mile.

Some of the cases I heard of:
- Agent negotiate with hospital to amend the invoice (not the amount) but to lump sum some charges. So that can claim more.
- Agent go to hospital on Chinese New Year eve to visit client who had accident that day. And help with claims.
- Agent who pick up customer's call in 3 am and give advice on claims.

This post has been edited by bbjslee: Jun 18 2008, 06:17 PM
hamster9
post Jun 19 2008, 09:07 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

QUOTE(sily22 @ Jun 17 2008, 10:39 PM)

I am currently serving you now. Let us get thro the claims first before we make any complain.

Everything would be easier for you if you agent service you when you are in hospital when no GL is issued. A good agent will fight for you to get it paid. Unfortunately that's not the case.

It does cover for laparoscopy ovarian drilling however such case is a borderline case (not straightforward like denggi, malaria or food poisoning). Laparoscopy ovarian drilling can be 2 case, one is to treat infertility which is in the exclusion and another would be yours, in complain of abdominal pain.

I'm sorry about the lousy service provided from AIA especially the customer service as I personally experienced them myself. They could probably as stupid and frustrating as a Screamyx Customer Service. Anyway let us get thro the claims of post and pre treatment first then we can move on in switching servicing agent, ya? icon_rolleyes.gif

ps: I've checked with the claims department today, the guy was also stupid about laparoscopy like what you experienced with the Customer Service till I have to see his manager. shakehead.gif

QUOTE(bbjslee @ Jun 18 2008, 01:46 AM)

let us do the claims first and then we have the process of changing servicing agent. Then it's up to sily22 to complain her agent gao gao but then again she is so scared of him laugh.gif

QUOTE(cd928 @ Jun 18 2008, 04:22 PM)
your bad experience i shall take note/aware of if something similar happen to me in the future, lucky i have company insurance also (ING).Last 2 years i go to clinic the doc said i have something like fungus under my armpit have to follow-up SJMC then i call ING they say not cover because its under facial treatmen sweat.gif  when i told the doc what happen she was shock "armpit under facial treatmen??"
like said, what's important is the agent to service you. If you have complications in claiming, an agent is required. Either he/she has to go to the doctor to verify that it's not something facial and send the report back to the company to confirm it's not facial treatment. Some borderline cases are a headache to customers and thus an agent is very much helpful in that.

Sily22, I dun think you should be afraid of your agent. You are customer and it's your rights since you brought insurance from him, you have given him money which is his ricebowl. So if you are in the mood, just call him up and scold him back coz it's YOUR RIGHTS icon_rolleyes.gif
TSsily22
post Jun 20 2008, 10:09 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(hamster9 @ Jun 19 2008, 09:07 PM)
I am currently serving you now. Let us get thro the claims first before we make any complain.

Everything would be easier for you if you agent service you when you are in hospital when no GL is issued. A good agent will fight for you to get it paid. Unfortunately that's not the case.

It does cover for laparoscopy ovarian drilling however such case is a borderline case (not straightforward like denggi, malaria or food poisoning). Laparoscopy ovarian drilling can be 2 case, one is to treat infertility which is in the exclusion and another would be yours, in complain of abdominal pain.

I'm sorry about the lousy service provided from AIA especially the customer service as I personally experienced them myself. They could probably as stupid and frustrating as a Screamyx Customer Service. Anyway let us get thro the claims of post and pre treatment first then we can move on in switching servicing agent, ya?  icon_rolleyes.gif 

ps: I've checked with the claims department today, the guy was also stupid about laparoscopy like what you experienced with the Customer Service till I have to see his manager.  shakehead.gif
let us do the claims first and then we have the process of changing servicing agent. Then it's up to sily22 to complain her agent gao gao but then again she is so scared of him  laugh.gif
like said, what's important is the agent to service you. If you have complications in claiming, an agent is required. Either he/she has to go to the doctor to verify that it's not something facial and send the report back to the company to confirm it's not facial treatment. Some borderline cases are a headache to customers and thus an agent is very much helpful in that.

Sily22, I dun think you should be afraid of your agent. You are customer and it's your rights since you brought insurance from him, you have given him money which is his ricebowl. So if you are in the mood, just call him up and scold him back coz it's YOUR RIGHTS  icon_rolleyes.gif
Hamster9,

I really appreciate ur kindness in helping me to get the claims. You dont even know me or earn any of my commission but yet your offer to help me. How I wish everyone in AIA are like you so that the customer face less problem.

I will definately switch agent after this matter has solve or when I am free to draft the mail to AIA.
I dont understand one thing here which you mention, that is you say "Laparoscopy Ovarian Drilling" this treatment are in borderline and can be cover if cases like mine. Since I have this example, the same senario, I ask AIA they still bring me circle and dont commit to me. They cant assure me that if this situation happen again in the future, the same senario, even they cant get the GL at least they will assure me to file-in and proceed with the claim. Therefore I wont hesitate to pay first. I wish to have a black and white about this facts here. But my understanding here after talk to So many customer services people in AIA is LAPAROSCOPY OVARIAN DRILLING is not COVERED. Other insurance covered this treatment but not AIA.

I afraid of my agent because I respect him since he was my ex-manager before. But with the service I got from him, I wont hesistate to complaint and switch the agent.

17 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM