Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

~~~~Clans of the Piano~~~, Piano,keyboard,syntherizer, clavinova!

views

[vogue]angel
post Apr 8 2008, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

anyone into jazz and blues here? trying to learn but kinda hardlar. i like jazz coz u can improvise like crazy......... and play all kinds of crazy notes. wondering anywhere can get old and beat up Hammond B3 organ............. . I just love progressive rock keyboardist and jazz pianist. Can listen to all their improvisation
led_zep_freak
post Apr 8 2008, 09:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,231 posts

QUOTE([vogue]angel @ Apr 8 2008, 08:38 PM)
anyone into jazz and blues here? trying to learn but kinda hardlar. i like jazz coz u can improvise like crazy......... and play all kinds of crazy notes. wondering anywhere can get old and beat up Hammond B3 organ............. . I just love progressive rock keyboardist and jazz pianist. Can listen to all their improvisation
B3s are expensive and heavy lolx, but they do sound awesome with a leslie speaker or even distortion (Jon Lord ftw!). thumbup.gif Don't think I've seen one in real life though.
TSicypetals
post Apr 8 2008, 09:25 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(icypetals @ Apr 8 2008, 07:47 PM)
hey guys, wats the diffrence with abrsm and lcm?

i have been taking lcm all my life and nv taken abrsm except abrsm for violin.

Anyway, whats the difrence with lcm and abrsm? my friends say abrsm is better, but my teacher doesnt agree. he say as long u score distinction in either lcm grd 8 or abrsm grd 8 is the same?

anybody care to elaborate
quote due important to me XD
someone please elaborate.

Added on April 8, 2008, 9:26 pmseems like many ppl lke final fantasy pieces( who doesnt? )

this new piece is from final fantasy 7:crisis core
i love it!
what do u think? give comment!

This post has been edited by icypetals: Apr 8 2008, 09:26 PM
Cello
post Apr 8 2008, 09:36 PM

I am just a cellist
767 posts

QUOTE(icypetals @ Apr 8 2008, 04:29 PM)
i use final fantasy score to sight read, so when reach the part with alot of triplet i just cincai play and that was the end of it XD LOLOLOLOLOL

LOL, wat exam u taking? diploma or bachalor of music=.=" usually exams this gives us songs that doesnt sound that great! why couldnt they give us fantasie impromptu to play as exam piece biggrin.gif  hhahaha
Think again, you should play music correctly. No rush. Music is music. Please take music seriously and you will get it. To Zanarkand is a free expressive piece not "cincai", take it seriously please. You will not want to see your favourite pianist to play it "cincai" for you, so you have to play it seriously.

It is just a diploma ATCL, nothing special.

I want to tell you. After you have ended graded exams, you will have to study music history, conducting, directing, composing and a lot more. Till then, you will think that no one in this world is better than Beethoven, Mozart and those.

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Apr 8 2008, 07:14 PM)
ATCL diploma's exam piece is fantaisie impromptu la. haha

anyways.. last year i practised that piece like hell and nailed it.

but because i ONLY PRACTISED THAT ONE SONG for a month or so, my right-left hand coordination got screwed up. and after that i can never play scales the same way again. my right hand is always faster than my left.
Fantaisie Impromptu, it appear once in an exam hall.

I have been practicing and study that piece behind the history for a year.

If I am your teacher, I will force you to learn again. Always make your left and right hand do different notes, that is the basic. I feel so bad for you that you cannot play scales like never before, that is not possible. Do it again.

QUOTE(onelove89 @ Apr 8 2008, 07:39 PM)
sonata no.14 3rd movement, I wanna die playing tat song =.= fingers all stiff le.
fantasie impromptu i can play, but messy, xD super super messy, =) my left hand basically wont hit all the notes, cos my right hand is going too fast?
To be exact. It is Piano Sonata #14, 3rd movement opus. 27 no. 2.

Are you sure your fingers are stiff or you do not want to put in effort on it?

No, because you cannot control your left hand while you are busy with your right hand. Go "unlock" it.

QUOTE(icypetals @ Apr 8 2008, 07:47 PM)
hey guys, wats the diffrence with abrsm and lcm?

i have been taking lcm all my life and nv taken abrsm except abrsm for violin.

Anyway, whats the difrence with lcm and abrsm? my friends say abrsm is better, but my teacher doesnt agree. he say as long u score distinction in either lcm grd 8 or abrsm grd 8 is the same?

anybody care to elaborate
What is the difference between SMK Damansara and SMK Kuala Lumpur? (for an example).

Think again.

I do not care, any exam hall will do. Everyone has their own opinion. I always request for exam syllabus before confirm going into the exam.

TSicypetals
post Apr 8 2008, 09:53 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(Cello @ Apr 8 2008, 09:36 PM)
Think again, you should play music correctly. No rush. Music is music. Please take music seriously and you will get it. To Zanarkand is a free expressive piece not "cincai", take it seriously please. You will not want to see your favourite pianist to play it "cincai" for you, so you have to play it seriously.

It is just a diploma ATCL, nothing special.

No, because you cannot control your left hand while you are busy with your right hand. Go "unlock" it.

What is the difference between SMK Damansara and SMK Kuala Lumpur? (for an example).

Think again.

I do not care, any exam hall will do. Everyone has their own opinion. I always request for exam syllabus before confirm going into the exam.

nay, i show my teacher and my teacher ask me sight read , so sight read loXD im kinda busy with my studies in school, so i use up my time practising baroque, classical and romantic period pieces! comteponary pieces not often except for secret.

ummmmmmm, actaully wat is the diffrence between smk damansara and smk kuala lumpur?( im from kedah=.=")
So there are no diffrence? ok! then i concentrade on lcm then
Cello
post Apr 8 2008, 09:55 PM

I am just a cellist
767 posts

QUOTE(icypetals @ Apr 8 2008, 09:53 PM)
nay, i show my teacher and my teacher ask me sight read , so sight read loXD im kinda busy with my studies in school, so i use up my time practising baroque, classical and romantic period pieces! comteponary pieces not often except for secret.

ummmmmmm, actaully wat is the diffrence between smk damansara and smk kuala lumpur?( im from kedah=.=")
So there are no diffrence? ok! then i concentrade on lcm then
If your teacher tell you to play the piano upside down, will you play?

Goodness, you do not understand what I mean. Just compare two of your secondary school in town.

TSicypetals
post Apr 8 2008, 10:26 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(Cello @ Apr 8 2008, 09:55 PM)
If your teacher tell you to play the piano upside down, will you play?

Goodness, you do not understand what I mean. Just compare two of your secondary school in town.

=.=" u dont get my point=.="

i print the whole FF sheet from my friend and i showed my teacher. so my teacher ask me to use the FF sheet as a sight reading exercise, the only pieces i practise throughly with emotion and dynamic would be melodies of life ! i love that song, donno why!

oh, my teacher doesnt ask me to play the piano upside down whistling.gif
Cello
post Apr 8 2008, 10:30 PM

I am just a cellist
767 posts

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
little ice
post Apr 8 2008, 10:57 PM

PROFESSIONAL TROLL
3,242 posts

i'm new here, joining the big lowyat net family! biggrin.gif

i play piano and keyboard as well as program MIDI. yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Cello
post Apr 8 2008, 11:01 PM

I am just a cellist
767 posts

QUOTE(little ice @ Apr 8 2008, 10:57 PM)

Welcome.
hanhanhan
post Apr 8 2008, 11:13 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

I have been practicing and study that piece behind the history for a year.
u mean the history behind the piece?
little ice
post Apr 8 2008, 11:13 PM

PROFESSIONAL TROLL
3,242 posts

everyone has their own preference of playing music, i guess? when i'm in a mood, i play serious, when i'm not, i cincai play.

...i actually wished to see my favourite pianist play something cincai, gotta be fun! laugh.gif

Think again.

your opinions is definitely clearly stated, but the example was probably a bad one. sweat.gif

he's asking for the difference in details or maybe your opinions on the syllabus anyway. so icypetals you have to find out the syllabus differences and people's opinions on your own. smile.gif
hanhanhan
post Apr 8 2008, 11:15 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

cello reminds me of chiaki from nodame cantabile.

must play the piece properly and strictly adhere to the manuscript. haha
Everdying
post Apr 8 2008, 11:16 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

playing the piano upside down, hmmmm...
if tommy lee can play the drums upside down, im sure he wont mind trying the piano upside down too...
Cello
post Apr 8 2008, 11:52 PM

I am just a cellist
767 posts

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Apr 8 2008, 11:13 PM)
u mean the history behind the piece?
Yes. Beethoven's love letter and so on.

Added on April 8, 2008, 11:54 pm
QUOTE(little ice @ Apr 8 2008, 11:13 PM)
everyone has their own preference of playing music, i guess? when i'm in a mood, i play serious, when i'm not, i cincai play.

...i actually wished to see my favourite pianist play something cincai, gotta be fun! laugh.gif
But I could not really accept those who play music "cincai" all the time. Understand what I mean?

This post has been edited by Cello: Apr 8 2008, 11:54 PM
little ice
post Apr 9 2008, 01:31 AM

PROFESSIONAL TROLL
3,242 posts

QUOTE(Cello @ Apr 8 2008, 11:52 PM)
But I could not really accept those who play music "cincai" all the time. Understand what I mean?
he might be just in the mood of playing cincai. sweat.gif

i understand how you feel as a teacher but maybe you took things too seriously? icon_idea.gif
befitozi
post Apr 9 2008, 09:05 AM

Regular
1,468 posts

QUOTE(icypetals @ Apr 8 2008, 10:26 PM)
i print the whole FF sheet from my friend and i showed my teacher. so my teacher ask me to use the FF sheet as a sight reading exercise, the only pieces i practise throughly with emotion and dynamic would be melodies of life ! i love that song, donno why!

probrably because your teacher wants you to spend more time practicing the exam pieces then playing others. tongue.gif

and i don't see how can u sight read the climax part blink.gif

This post has been edited by befitozi: Apr 9 2008, 09:06 AM
Cello
post Apr 9 2008, 11:15 AM

I am just a cellist
767 posts

QUOTE(little ice @ Apr 9 2008, 01:31 AM)
he might be just in the mood of playing cincai. sweat.gif

i understand how you feel as a teacher but maybe you took things too seriously? icon_idea.gif
That is fine, sometimes I am not serious.

Sometimes is fine to play it "cincai" but not all the time.

TSicypetals
post Apr 9 2008, 03:43 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(little ice @ Apr 8 2008, 10:57 PM)

WELCOME!!!! rclxms.gif

QUOTE(Everdying @ Apr 8 2008, 11:16 PM)
playing the piano upside down, hmmmm...
if tommy lee can play the drums upside down, im sure he wont mind trying the piano upside down too...
in amadues movie, mozart did that XD

eh dude, enuf with the debate of playing zanarkard "cincai" LOL!! it wil go on forreevverraaarr!!!!!!

anyway, any guys have any idea on joining the malaysia philharmonic orchestra(violin part)??
are malaysian allegible to join?

if so, are there any minimum requirement like degree in classical music or performance or masters in something?
little ice
post Apr 9 2008, 03:45 PM

PROFESSIONAL TROLL
3,242 posts

QUOTE(Cello @ Apr 9 2008, 11:15 AM)
That is fine, sometimes I am not serious.

Sometimes is fine to play it "cincai" but not all the time.

i've gone through every post he made in this thread, there's not a single hint stating that he *always* cincai play. moreover, it's sight reading, which means if you see bunch notes cramped together you'll probably doing *sigh* reading anyway. if he's gonna perform it in front of everybody, that's different story.

he's not your student so why get yourself fustrated? that doesn't make you looks cool. wink.gif

Added on April 9, 2008, 3:52 pm
QUOTE(icypetals @ Apr 9 2008, 03:43 PM)
anyway, any guys have any idea on joining the malaysia philharmonic orchestra(violin part)??
are malaysian allegible to join?

if so, are there any minimum requirement like degree in classical music or performance or masters in something?
as far as i know, orchestra doesn't look at your qualification, instead they'll audition you with the dreaded sight reading as the players ARE doing sight readings everyday. players HAVE to play it smooth even it's the first time they got the score. they have no time to waste, the first thing conductor going to screw you on is all the dynamics and expressions, so if you can't even play properly, you're most probably out cause you're all other players can't be dragged just because 1 player cannot play well. sweat.gif I don't know in detail how perfect the players can sight read a stranger's score, but i think they're really of high standard.

there're a few malaysian in MPO, that said, you're welcomed as long as you're good enough. i can imagine more malaysian will be even better cause the money are floating off to oversea badly if hire too many foreigners. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by little ice: Apr 9 2008, 03:58 PM

45 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:49 AM