Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis iPhone Discussion Thread V10, Find out more

views

JasonTheGreat
post Sep 27 2022, 11:16 AM

Enthusiast
832 posts

QUOTE(manydupe @ Sep 26 2022, 05:47 PM)
I’m sign 2 years normal contract for iPhone 13 pro max last year. What if I want to buy iPhone 14 this year? Is it possible?
You need to teminate your contract and pay penalty.
for mine with 2 months on contract left is rm124penalty
dikae
post Sep 27 2022, 11:29 AM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(JasonTheGreat @ Sep 25 2022, 09:14 PM)
Saw that Maxis ip14 minimum monthly rm 128 for 24 mths contract where as ip13 has rm98 package. Anyone know how long for maxis to launch 98 package for ip14?
its not fixed, sometimes 2 months, or 3-4 depending on stocks availability....this year might delay even further looking at current shortage..
manydupe
post Sep 27 2022, 01:55 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(JasonTheGreat @ Sep 27 2022, 11:16 AM)
You need to teminate your contract and pay penalty.
for mine with 2 months on contract left is rm124penalty
Thanks for the info
PeeEl
post Sep 28 2022, 04:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

I always knew Maxis is all the money and service to customers plays second fiddle. Today’s episode for me fortifies it 100%.

My contract with them and by the way I have stayed loyal despite issues cropping up every so often for no less than 40 years, has expired sometime back but I had been waiting for the iPhone 14 series to come out thus holding on renewing until now.

This morning I went to their centre to renew my contract in order to get a 14 Pro. But you know what was told to me? They do not allow existing customers to get the iPhone, not until end of the year. Only new customers signing up for new lines. How ludicrous can you get? Is this how an entity treat their customers not to mention long time loyal ones?

If anyone of senior standing attached to Maxis reads this, I think and hope you advise the management to rethink your strategies lest you slowly but surely lose your customer base just like Astro now despite their monopoly, as much like you, they are just as arrogant.
dikae
post Sep 28 2022, 04:33 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

QUOTE(PeeEl @ Sep 28 2022, 04:31 PM)
I always knew Maxis is all the money and service to customers plays second fiddle. Today’s episode for me fortifies it 100%.

My contract with them and by the way I have stayed loyal despite issues cropping up every so often for no less than 40 years, has expired sometime back but I had been waiting for the iPhone 14 series to come out thus holding on renewing until now.

This morning I went to their centre to renew my contract in order to get a 14 Pro. But you know what was told to me? They do not allow existing customers to get the iPhone, not until end of the year. Only new customers signing up for new lines. How ludicrous can you get? Is this how an entity treat their customers not to mention long time loyal ones?

If anyone of senior standing attached to Maxis reads this, I think and hope you advise the management to rethink your strategies lest you slowly but surely lose your customer base just like Astro now despite their monopoly, as much like you, they are just as arrogant.
bro did you went to their official walk in centres? normally only authorised dealers will have such requirement where they only allow new sign ups to get latest iphone..... official stores dont have criterias like these afaik...
PeeEl
post Sep 28 2022, 08:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Sep 28 2022, 04:33 PM)
bro did you went to their official walk in centres? normally only authorised dealers will have such requirement where they only allow new sign ups to get latest iphone..... official stores dont have criterias like these afaik...
Knew someone will ask this given that it was raised before. As a matter of fact, it is to the contrary. I always for the umpteen years go to their authorized centres and as my humble abode is near Sunway, Pyramid is the usual destination. After visiting there, I went to a Maxis dealership downstairs and they have no issue whatsoever in processing my request for me. However, they didn’t have my colour of choice but promised to call me when the inventory arrives.

So, there you go. Maxis is, I reiterate, more into bulging their kitties than enhancing their customer service image which to start with, they have failed quite miserably.

evoint
post Oct 1 2022, 01:51 PM

2 posts

I concur with your statement after visiting the Maxis branch at Mv Garden. The way they answered my questions is so contradict .. before I review my maxis profile… the sales lady said need to check stock availability first . After reviewing my profile directly said no stock. Let’s #boycottMaxis and port to other telco

This post has been edited by evoint: Oct 1 2022, 01:52 PM
PeeEl
post Oct 1 2022, 06:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

QUOTE(evoint @ Oct 1 2022, 01:51 PM)
I concur with your statement after visiting the Maxis branch at Mv Garden. The way they answered my questions is so contradict .. before I review my maxis profile… the sales lady said need to check stock availability first . After reviewing  my profile directly said no stock. Let’s #boycottMaxis and port to other telco
The pragmatic me looks at the issues affecting the situations. If the arrogance and/or policies is a direct result of individuals or the on-site management of the stores then any admonishment should be levied on them. But in my case, if it is the company’s stand, they should be chastised as they have failed miserably the fundamentals of customers satisfaction.

Such conglomerates will not die or fade away overnight under boycotts. But if they do not make amends, they will eventually meet that fate as the public at large is getting wiser.
Addword
post Oct 3 2022, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

Went to Maxis Sunway Pyramid, asked whether can buy in store anot and the staff said in-store stock only for commercial sales (Customer who signup with a Principal line + 1 Supplementary line). Lol pretty disappointed to listen this especially from Maxis
shockk
post Oct 3 2022, 10:48 PM

[ T A R G E T - L 0 C K E D ]
Group Icon
VIP
11,692 posts

QUOTE(Addword @ Oct 3 2022, 03:02 PM)
Went to Maxis Sunway Pyramid, asked whether can buy in store anot and the staff said in-store stock only for commercial sales (Customer who signup with a Principal line + 1 Supplementary line). Lol pretty disappointed to listen this especially from Maxis
Yeah. Since the pandemic, they stopped offering stocks for plans via walk-ins.

Actually you can order from Maxis website, then select pick up from Maxis Centre, then choose Pyramid outlet from there. All within minutes.

I know because I’ve did that before for the previous iPhone. 😁

Unless they changed their policy again, haha.
bobowyc
post Oct 3 2022, 11:01 PM

You are who you are.
1,888 posts

Ive been a maxis postpaid user for very long. Currently using my Note10+ with Maxis. When I applied for Note10+, this is the SS2 branch, they had an offer of 2 Note10+s for one price but need to subscribe to Maxis 158 and add one new supplementary line. I did as they said, and sold the other Note10+ within 6 months of my contract. lol. Now my Note10+ has been with me for 2 years plus. At that time both phones was priced at RM250+ i think, which at that time was quite a good price for 2 phones. But yeah, maxis has always been like that. Not sure if its to lure in new customers or what. But I agree with everyone here, they should have a separate deal for loyal customers. Ive been using maxis for at least 10+ years i think. Since prepaid and changed it to postpaid. lol
colenz
post Oct 9 2022, 11:57 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Any Maxis business customer here facing delay or no response in ordering their iPhone 14?
BigMan123
post Oct 10 2022, 11:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

QUOTE(colenz @ Oct 9 2022, 11:57 PM)
Any Maxis business customer here facing delay or no response in ordering their iPhone 14?
Plenty of stocks at service center. Just that they want you to add a shared line for rM28 for min 6 months. What kind of stupid thing is this!!
Synco
post Oct 10 2022, 06:09 PM

CCB
667 posts

i have switch to digi since 2 years ago with all their nonsense. i get cheaper 50% supplementary line up to 6 lines
regeneration
post Oct 11 2022, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

Walk-in to maxis citta mall recently to collect my phone, suddenly they told me to add 1 sup line+accesories(3rd party PD&cable). Feel like unfair for me as a customer bcoz during preorder they didn't highlight this shit. They upsell too much.

I thought this apply to specific branch. From your case, so normally most of maxis store will use this policy to existing customer. The main reason i choose to walk-in is normal contract with epp. thru on9 can't do epp like blue telco have.

selinix
post Oct 11 2022, 09:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,343 posts

QUOTE(regeneration @ Oct 11 2022, 08:45 AM)
Walk-in to maxis citta mall recently to collect my phone, suddenly they told me to add 1 sup line+accesories(3rd party PD&cable). Feel like unfair for me as a customer bcoz during preorder they didn't highlight this shit. They upsell too much.

I thought this apply to specific branch. From your case, so normally most of maxis store will use this policy to existing customer. The main reason i choose to walk-in is normal contract with epp. thru on9 can't do epp like blue telco have.
So did you end up taking the supplementary line and accessories?
dikae
post Oct 11 2022, 09:07 AM

an apple a day
Group Icon
Staff
8,733 posts

most of the maxis dealer/partners have this add on policy to increase their revenue. especially the one in citta mall, didn’t have good experience with them…official maxis walk in centers normally don’t have such policy..
PeeEl
post Oct 11 2022, 11:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,604 posts

To address the issue more accurately, the first thing to note is there are 2 types of Maxis centres. First being their own service centre, second is the dealers.

For dealers, Maxis somehow, which I actually do not agree with, allow them to conduct business how commercially they deem fit. In this case, requiring add ons. For their own centres, company policies must be adhered to. For iPhone 14 series, for the first time idiotically they came up with the adopted questionable policy as stated.

This, I reiterate just fortifies and justifies all the complaints levied on them throughout.

This post has been edited by PeeEl: Oct 11 2022, 12:00 PM
JY.
post Oct 11 2022, 12:16 PM

Regular
1,630 posts

Went to a few maxis dealers to enquire regarding contract extension with my 128 plan, was told that whatever plan I’m on now, need to add one subline before they will sell me any iPhone 14, and to make matter worse, my 2 sublines are currently occupied, and I need to upgrade my plan to 158 so that the new sup-line can be added. How ridiculous was that?!. I decided to go maxis center in gardens and the incharge personnel told me that the allocation for walk in has all taken up for the day but they have stock if I add on one sup-line. Maxis is full of crap now!
selinix
post Oct 11 2022, 12:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,343 posts

QUOTE(JY. @ Oct 11 2022, 12:16 PM)
Went to a few maxis dealers to enquire regarding contract extension with my 128 plan, was told that whatever plan I’m on now, need to add one subline before they will sell me any iPhone 14, and to make matter worse, my 2 sublines are currently occupied, and I need to upgrade my plan to 158 so that the new sup-line can be added. How ridiculous was that?!. I decided to go maxis center in gardens and the incharge personnel told me that the allocation for walk in has all taken up for the day but they have stock if I add on one sup-line. Maxis is full of crap now!
I thought such practice is only by the smaller dealers/partners. It surprised me that even the official center of Maxis practices such upselling tactics. They can basically claim anything they want saying that all the stocks fully allocated for walk in and they are just hogging it to sell to whomever that are willing to buy into their upselling plans.

This post has been edited by selinix: Oct 11 2022, 12:31 PM

33 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:12 PM