Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Connection Issue to International Server, Occured usually at night 9-11pm

views

BenYeeHua
post Feb 8 2024, 02:04 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(Haru97 @ Feb 8 2024, 11:28 AM)
How was testing ipv6 going to help with an Ipv4 only network?
And many games like call of duty, counter strike, still uses ipv4

Edit : Enabled ipv6 for my networks, seems like ipv6 to equinix sg is good.
However reddit doesnt seems to use ipv6 at all, if I disable ipv4 I can't acess their site, as well as speedtest.net
It was all good a week ago, until 2 days ago at night, a sudden high packet lost to all equinix, then after that it was like that permanently, changed ipv4 2 times,
2 times same problem
Weird....

user posted image
It already going like 1 months, but some lucky IPv4 address getting low latency.

So the best is, sleep at 8 PM night, play after 1 AM, or, get a VPN.

PS: For some routing already fixed, but need night 8 PM to check again.

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Feb 8 2024, 02:04 PM
go626201
post Feb 8 2024, 02:14 PM

Regular
1,583 posts

QUOTE(Haru97 @ Feb 8 2024, 08:52 AM)
Anybody notices unifi to Equinix SG is really bad recently? After I got disconnected 2 days ago from a game in call of duty, the internet from Unifi to Equinix Singapore never be the same anymore. I don't think this is an issue from Unifi, I am NOT SURE(somebody please verify), but this might be a problem associated with Equinix datacenter. Cause I connect to VPN in singapore(amazon) and join another call of duty game, it seems like they experience high ping from their relay server as well.

Reddit, steam(they switched route, taking long path now), cloudflare(some part), all equinix route seems affected.

user posted image

user posted image
After that day routing changed,the connection to specific network is now crap.
Someone from unifi thread said they have replied by someone from another ISP said that it is due to the submarine cable broken.
Maybe the broken point is between SG and MY?
And i think it should be able to mitigate easily by TM,But as you know TM tech never care so much,they just ensure the connection is usable,good or not is not their priority...
Haru97
post Feb 8 2024, 05:38 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Feb 8 2024, 02:14 PM)
After that day routing changed,the connection to specific network is now crap.
Someone from unifi thread said they have replied by someone from another ISP said that it is due to the submarine cable broken.
Maybe the broken point is between SG and MY?
And i think it should be able to mitigate easily by TM,But as you know TM tech never care so much,they just ensure the connection is usable,good or not is not their priority...
Yes I think it was a cable break 100%
It affected ALL relay networks for Call of Duty MW3 servers in singapore. I have to connect to a vpn in hongkong in order to join their hongkong server, which ping is at 40ms but playable, compares to 180ms to singapore server.
If it was SG to MY, it was a quick fix isnt it? Since it was so close to land, we should see it being fixed real soon..... right?

QUOTE(BenYeeHua @ Feb 8 2024, 02:04 PM)
It already going like 1 months, but some lucky IPv4 address getting low latency.

So the best is, sleep at 8 PM night, play after 1 AM, or, get a VPN.

PS: For some routing already fixed, but need night 8 PM to check again.
I am not sure about other servers in singapore that passes through equinix for the past month, for me other servers in singapore for the past few months was OK, usable.

But that day at night, I think was what go626201 said, submarine cable broke, I can feel the internet like goes down for half of the website that day, including facebook, and twitter,
I pinged facebook, and their cdn in KL is operating as usual, but the speed of loading their website is super duper slow, so I get some hints that this might be a huge one, and I thought equinix singapore was the culprit.

I went to sleep, after the next day, it was permanently 180ms for most of the websites that uses cdn in singapore, includes steam.
I wonders and search the web, and there is no news about broken cable, so came here to ask out of pure luck.

This post has been edited by Haru97: Feb 8 2024, 05:45 PM
go626201
post Feb 8 2024, 08:51 PM

Regular
1,583 posts

QUOTE(Haru97 @ Feb 8 2024, 05:38 PM)
Yes I think it was a cable break 100%
It affected ALL relay networks for Call of Duty MW3 servers in singapore. I have to connect to a vpn in hongkong in order to join their hongkong server, which ping is at 40ms but playable, compares to 180ms to singapore server.
If it was SG to MY, it was a quick fix isnt it? Since it was so close to land, we should see it being fixed real soon..... right?
I am not sure about other servers in singapore that passes through equinix for the past month, for me other servers in singapore for the past few months was OK, usable.
SG to MY was never a cable issue,it just didn't have the right routing and configuration.
There are multiple SG to MY cable for long time,and i think TM should have own some of those cable,and They just didn't configure it for long-term unifi consumer usage.
And the most problem is TM should just implement a "dedicated" long-term optimized routing for the connection between SG and MY.
As you can see this 2days ago routing issue not just affect connection to SG,it also include some asia server.
They already have the optimized routing that can be use for connecting some server,but they didn't configure it for unifi user.

Simple example:
user posted image

This post has been edited by go626201: Feb 8 2024, 08:57 PM
OlgaC4
post Feb 8 2024, 09:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,255 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Feb 8 2024, 08:51 PM)
SG to MY was never a cable issue,it just didn't have the right routing and configuration.
There are multiple SG to MY cable for long time,and i think TM should have own some of those cable,and They just didn't configure it for long-term unifi consumer usage.
And the most problem is TM should just implement a "dedicated" long-term optimized routing for the connection between SG and MY.
As you can see this 2days ago routing issue not just affect connection to SG,it also include some asia server.
They already have the optimized routing that can be use for connecting some server,but they didn't configure it for unifi user.

Simple example:
user posted image
Is the Tm server local network that mess up.

This post has been edited by OlgaC4: Feb 8 2024, 09:49 PM
Boy96
post Feb 8 2024, 10:06 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Having buffering issues on most streaming service.. youtube, netflix, disney+..
bluemind
post Feb 8 2024, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Feb 8 2024, 10:06 PM)
Having buffering issues on most streaming service.. youtube, netflix, disney+..
Change ISP bro, or welcome to Tmnet Unifi.
akhito
post Feb 9 2024, 08:15 AM

On my way
686 posts

man github at night ia terrible, download from github throttle to single digit kbps
heLL_bOy
post Feb 9 2024, 02:42 PM

Regular
1,152 posts

every year there is cable cut across HKG towards JP or US and TM will not do furthermore adjustment on their routing policy.

there is nothing much can do.

therebefore every traffic via to SG nowsdays are been limited during peak hours and nothing to do with Equinix SG.

Only TM having private peering within certain SG network will be usable during peak hours.

Even cloudflare KUL colocation also congested with heavy traffic during peak hours.

This post has been edited by heLL_bOy: Feb 9 2024, 02:43 PM
BenYeeHua
post Feb 20 2024, 02:01 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

Just saying, connection to SG seem busted for some website, Taobao or Bilibili for example, including Microsoft(github), so yes, it is not your problem for being laggy now. wink.gif

and yes, equinix again.
----
And return back half normal after I posted it out, lol. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Feb 20 2024, 02:02 PM
stella_purple
post Feb 20 2024, 02:02 PM

Casual
381 posts

yup, the latency for google dns now is quite high around 20ms+ and keep timeout.

usually it is under 10ms if no issue.
BenYeeHua
post Feb 20 2024, 02:04 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(stella_purple @ Feb 20 2024, 02:02 PM)
yup, the latency for google dns now is quite high around 20ms+ and keep timeout.

usually it is under 10ms if no issue.
And now github can full speed, lol...

Unsure which part got issues, either MY -> SG, or SG -> global.
stella_purple
post Feb 20 2024, 02:08 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(BenYeeHua @ Feb 20 2024, 02:04 PM)

even forum also lagging, keep loading sweat.gif
OlgaC4
post Feb 20 2024, 07:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,255 posts

QUOTE(BenYeeHua @ Feb 20 2024, 02:04 PM)

Is local Mys problem. I think their server tmnet is congested it self.

This post has been edited by OlgaC4: Feb 20 2024, 07:07 PM
Epic_winner091
post Feb 21 2024, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

Just realised it's the school holidays, maybe that's the reason for the slow downs lol.

This post has been edited by Epic_winner091: Feb 21 2024, 12:37 AM
TubeNRibbon
post Feb 22 2024, 05:20 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

TM just keep upgrade customer bandwidth but they need to upgrade their bandwidth too! Slow connection to international sites!
stella_purple
post Feb 28 2024, 10:56 AM

Casual
381 posts

don't know what unifi do really, already a month every night website like Shopee can become so slow till not usable, guess they really don't care doh.gif

turbo 2Gbps also useless if the network can't even use for simple browsing

even my mobile data faster than this useless unif in peak time

This post has been edited by stella_purple: Feb 28 2024, 11:12 AM
YoungMan
post Feb 28 2024, 12:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

QUOTE(stella_purple @ Feb 28 2024, 10:56 AM)
don't know what unifi do really, already a month every night website like Shopee can become so slow till not usable, guess they really don't care doh.gif

turbo 2Gbps also useless if the network can't even use for simple browsing

even my mobile data faster than this useless unif in peak time
Profit a lot but only put little into improving network.

86 Pages « < 84 85 86Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:16 PM