Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

★★★ Martial Art Talk : Version 3★★★, Any kind of Martial Art, all welcome !!!

views

takeshi99
post Aug 13 2007, 08:59 AM

!!! GREENPEACE ACTIVIST !!!
1,238 posts

QUOTE(odysseus @ Aug 11 2007, 12:15 AM)
hi..does anyone know where i can go for taekwondo classes for adults?  thank u.
whr u from?
jacksub
post Aug 16 2007, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

Ultimate Warrior Malaysia on Sept 1st at Bukit Jalil, any one know what time is it?, does it need ticket for audience?
odysseus
post Aug 19 2007, 04:45 PM

44 posts

hi..i'm in KL..living in kepong..u know any taekwondo classes around here?

This post has been edited by odysseus: Aug 19 2007, 04:46 PM
raymondlim
post Aug 20 2007, 04:51 PM

Casual
384 posts

Any martial art class at PENANG.
hungheykwun
post Aug 20 2007, 05:47 PM

Regular
1,058 posts

pls refer to first page for class location details.
raymondlim
post Aug 21 2007, 01:50 PM

Casual
384 posts

QUOTE(hungheykwun @ Aug 20 2007, 05:47 PM)
pls refer to first page for class location details.
lol thanks alot buddy... Wannna build my self like Bruce Lee ..Hhaha Joking
SUSSnake
post Aug 21 2007, 08:51 PM

On my way
692 posts

.....deleted........

This post has been edited by Snake: Aug 21 2007, 08:52 PM
joshua
post Aug 23 2007, 10:12 PM

1 posts

hi guys
anybody know anywhere in kl got eskrima classes?
hungheykwun
post Aug 24 2007, 11:26 AM

Regular
1,058 posts

try wmackl, but i heard its going belly up soon
HangJebat
post Aug 25 2007, 12:21 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(Vorador @ Aug 2 2007, 07:54 PM)
Average 4+ years, of course it can be shorten if you're hardcore and train it at dojo everyday. The standard of Aikido in Malaysia is very high compare to may other place, the 4 main Sensei (Aikikai) are very strict during grading test, it's no way "pay for the grading test and get black belt" in our Aikido Association here.
In Yoshinkan Aikido, it can be done in two years.
One year also can.. but really hard training lah... 4hrs/day minimum
hungheykwun
post Aug 27 2007, 10:10 AM

Regular
1,058 posts

anyone know the results of ultimate warrior at bkt jalil last weekend?
nlik
post Aug 27 2007, 02:22 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

I saw on saturday only. Stayed for around 11 bouts. Sunday skip.

Announcer keep saying "tak boleh main siku, tak boleh main lutut", " bila saya cakap berhenti, berhenti... bila saya cakap lawan, kamu lawan" "Kalau seseorang itu jatuh, janganlah rembat lagi"

The announcer then referred the fighters with fruits. the red glove , strawberry, orange glove is oren. So sometimes he would say "bagi dia perisa strawberry" .If the match sucked he says "kedua dua put takda rasa perisa...." biggrin.gif

Sideline.. some guy keep making jokes about "barang" .. was funny at 1st but later got abit tiring. When got walkover, he used the word "Barang" as the guy's barang is too powerful until the opponent did not want to fight. I later realized barang sometimes meant the groin guard". The participants not allowed to use own groin guard. Must use supplied groin guard. Use string to tie 1 and not the tkd zap-on type. ahaha.. flex.gif . All fighters only wear boxing gloves and groin guard. no other protection is allowed.

They are abit lenient on late comers. 3 calls on the loud speaker. Maybe wait a few minutes to allow the fighter to reach the ring, then wait some more to wear the glove, tape the glove with cellophane,then find out the groin guard not properly tied and go run to back room to retie, then inspection, finally enter the ring.

Generally, I see those muay thai and kick boxing style or boxing + brave to initiate attack are the best there. Direct go in and hit, no fancy stuff. Saw several backswings attempts but all miss. Got 1 thin tkd guy, but he didn't have distance (opponent keep close) and kept off balance. Usual thing I guess. Low kicks are allowed. I saw a few low roundhouses to thigh and back of the knee area.

Most embarrasing is the S**at. Many colorful hand gestures and poses, but get whacked by the direct kicks and punches. Even kneel down in the ring ready to attack. How tempting it is to do a headshot. hmm.gif . There was 1 S**at (I THINK) person did quite well, but he stick to punches and kick without the flowers. (I guess silat has many types so could be different school)

Saw a few good one's who clearly have experience fighting before. A few clowns and some ok ok guys who can punch and kick but lack stamina. Mostly malay participants and spectators. I think i was the only chinese guy standing at 1 side, another 2 stood for a few moments then left. Got a few chinese fighters (wushu/muaythai) but no indian fighthers. I was expecting a few indian karate fighters, but none during my watch.

Can see that the ring referees are experienced. They do rush in to stop matches at the appropriate times.

Note:
Every participant wore standard event singlet, but is free to choose their pants. So I partly observe and tell which fighter is from which art by the pants and of course from their fighting actions.

This post has been edited by nlik: Aug 27 2007, 02:32 PM
SilentVampire
post Aug 27 2007, 05:26 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(nlik @ Aug 27 2007, 07:22 PM)
I saw on saturday only. Stayed for around 11 bouts.  Sunday skip.

Announcer keep saying "tak boleh main siku, tak boleh main lutut", " bila saya cakap berhenti, berhenti... bila saya cakap lawan, kamu lawan" "Kalau seseorang itu jatuh, janganlah rembat lagi"

The announcer then referred the fighters with fruits. the red glove , strawberry, orange glove is oren. So sometimes he would say "bagi dia perisa strawberry" .If the match sucked he says "kedua dua put takda rasa perisa...." biggrin.gif

Sideline.. some guy keep making jokes about "barang" .. was funny at 1st but later got abit tiring.  When got walkover, he used the word "Barang" as the guy's barang is too powerful until the opponent did not want to fight.  I later realized barang sometimes meant the groin guard". The participants not allowed to use own groin guard. Must use supplied groin guard. Use string to tie 1 and not the tkd zap-on type. ahaha.. flex.gif . All fighters only wear boxing gloves and groin guard. no other protection is allowed.

They are abit lenient on late comers. 3 calls on the loud speaker. Maybe wait a few minutes to allow the fighter to reach the ring, then wait some more to wear the glove, tape the glove with cellophane,then find out the groin guard not properly tied and go run to back room to retie, then inspection, finally enter the ring.

Generally, I see those muay thai and kick boxing style or boxing + brave to initiate attack are the best there. Direct go in and hit, no fancy stuff. Saw several backswings attempts but all miss.  Got 1 thin tkd guy, but he didn't have distance (opponent keep close) and kept off balance. Usual thing I guess. Low kicks are allowed. I saw a few low roundhouses to thigh and back of the knee area.
Most embarrasing is the S**at. Many colorful hand gestures and poses, but get whacked by the direct kicks and punches. Even kneel down in the ring  ready to attack. How tempting it is to do a headshot. hmm.gif . There was 1 S**at  (I THINK) person did quite well, but he stick to punches and kick without the flowers. (I guess silat has many types so could be different school)

Saw a few good one's who clearly have experience fighting before. A few clowns and some ok ok guys who can punch and kick but lack stamina.  Mostly malay participants and spectators. I think i was the only chinese guy standing at 1 side, another 2 stood for a few moments then left. Got a few chinese fighters (wushu/muaythai) but no indian fighthers. I was expecting a few indian karate fighters, but none during my watch.
Can see that the ring referees are experienced. They do rush in to stop matches at the appropriate times.

Note:
Every participant wore standard event singlet, but is free to choose their pants. So I partly observe and tell which fighter is from which art by the pants and of course from their fighting actions.
Great report rclxms.gif
patoh79
post Aug 28 2007, 05:50 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(nlik @ Aug 27 2007, 02:22 PM)
I saw on saturday only. Stayed for around 11 bouts.  Sunday skip.

Sideline.. some guy keep making jokes about "barang" .. was funny at 1st but later got abit tiring.  When got walkover, he used the word "Barang" as the guy's barang is too powerful until the opponent did not want to fight.  I later realized barang sometimes meant the groin guard". The participants not allowed to use own groin guard. Must use supplied groin guard. Use string to tie 1 and not the tkd zap-on type. ahaha.. flex.gif . All fighters only wear boxing gloves and groin guard. no other protection is allowed.

Generally, I see those muay thai and kick boxing style or boxing + brave to initiate attack are the best there. Direct go in and hit, no fancy stuff. Saw several backswings attempts but all miss.  Got 1 thin tkd guy, but he didn't have distance (opponent keep close) and kept off balance. Usual thing I guess. Low kicks are allowed. I saw a few low roundhouses to thigh and back of the knee area.
Most embarrasing is the S**at. Many colorful hand gestures and poses, but get whacked by the direct kicks and punches. Even kneel down in the ring  ready to attack. How tempting it is to do a headshot. hmm.gif . There was 1 S**at  (I THINK) person did quite well, but he stick to punches and kick without the flowers. (I guess silat has many types so could be different school)

Saw a few good one's who clearly have experience fighting before. A few clowns and some ok ok guys who can punch and kick but lack stamina.  Mostly malay participants and spectators. I think i was the only chinese guy standing at 1 side, another 2 stood for a few moments then left. Got a few chinese fighters (wushu/muaythai) but no indian fighthers. I was expecting a few indian karate fighters, but none during my watch.

Note:
Hey i was there w my fren for a couple of hours, where were u standing??

Needless to say a very well detail report for the 1st day. What about the second day? Anyone got any news for the 2nd day?

Agree with NLIK that most of the fighters standard are rather normal, but those S***T fighters really make a fool on themselves, esp the one who kneel down on his knee.

Not many chinese fighter there, but proud that Ah Tian and frens (Cheras MMA) were there to take part, not too sure how do they do there.

Only thing that amaze me was the weight category, they say max weight allow was only75 kg but i do see fighters with 80kgs in the ring. I did clarify with them and they admited that they were beyond 75 kgs mark.

If I knew it, I would have participate too.

Saw one of the Muay Thai fighter around 80kgs, very fast and powerful round hse turning kick for his weight. He made a TKO less than 30 seconds.... One of the best fighter for that day.

Anyway this weekend will be the national final, some TNT good fighters will be in the ring, go n check it out...
hungheykwun
post Aug 29 2007, 09:47 AM

Regular
1,058 posts

colorful commentary...if im in the fighter and the commentator referred to my 'barang', i'd be kicking him...

yenadey...
nlik
post Aug 29 2007, 11:47 AM

Enthusiast
876 posts

The 'barang' guy was a malay man. Sometimes his jokes were funny. i now recall the commentator saying " kedua dua badan pun sedap" haha..He also mentioned on Saturday there would be 39 bouts.

patoh79, I was standing behind the Bell boy,head judge area. I was wearing a red shirt smile.gif. haha.. we have never seen each other b4, I dun think we will recognize each other there . I was there from 3pm to 5 something. kaki also kebas standing so long.

I know that Jak Othman school sent a team. 1 of them won(Name was Wee something) and another lost.

Ah Tian and friends.. U mean the brothers? 1 of them is botak rite? I saw one of them win, another 1 lose.

Yes yes . The final will be at Dataran Merdeka. Can't remember it was 31st or 1st sept.

This post has been edited by nlik: Aug 29 2007, 11:53 AM
nlik
post Aug 29 2007, 05:14 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Looks interesting. Wanna find this and watch flex.gif
mooto catalog

This post has been edited by nlik: Aug 29 2007, 05:15 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
jurusilat
post Aug 30 2007, 12:17 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

How come it's called Ultimate Warrior but they're basically using watered down kickboxing rules?
SilentVampire
post Aug 30 2007, 07:54 AM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(jurusilat @ Aug 30 2007, 05:17 AM)
How come it's called Ultimate Warrior but they're basically using watered down  kickboxing rules?
Yeah, no elbows, knees or kicking below the belt. Lol. No ground game too shakehead.gif
nlik
post Aug 30 2007, 02:10 PM

Enthusiast
876 posts

Like proton lor, engine name is Campro, but actual cam profiling feature is missing.

kicking below belt allowed. Ground i duno, but I saw a few takedowns which were not penalized. Referee just halt the match and break them apart.

34 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:06 PM