Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cycling V37: Road bikes - Recreational/Racing, Average speed 30km/h is so 1786

views

radmaszeal
post Jan 12 2022, 02:11 PM

boredom is caused by lack of ignorance
1,546 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Jan 12 2022, 09:02 AM)
You were there? I was there too... Lol...
yeah, I went alone, didnt have any friends joining so just ride, become the lighting guy for the post ride group pic, then cabut lol. I was the one in the red orbea orca high profile wheels, yellow/black jersey. which bike were you riding? maybe if join again can say hi.

QUOTE(lilredridinghood @ Jan 12 2022, 11:18 AM)
Other than Mariana who was a national rep and more often than not lead many fast pelotons, I was amazed by some that I’ve met on the road too, Aimi Iwasaki is one of them who surprised me
yeah, some of the ladies that were strong, I was in the 3rd wheel so kept close to the pace of the ladies pulling, some of the climbs 2xx-3xx watts (for my fat ass weight la) for 30sec-2 minutes, so their strength is no joke. 2 pacelines, Mariana pulled 1 paceline all the way 60km, 2 ladies pulled 30km each on the other paceline.

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Jan 12 2022, 12:30 PM)
I can only look from behind them too...  whistling.gif
same, if overtake later malu when explode and get caught and overtaken cos wanna show off, better just sit quietly and use the ride for its intended purpose, recovery. dont understand those fellas wanna show power on climb whack make 3rd paceline but then fall back behind lol. if wanna show off just let the train go ahead 100 meters then chase la lol.

This post has been edited by radmaszeal: Jan 12 2022, 02:12 PM
wintzen
post Jan 12 2022, 03:15 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

Any of you joining this Sunday Audax?
aquilaTE
post Jan 12 2022, 03:53 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ Jan 12 2022, 02:11 PM)
yeah, I went alone, didnt have any friends joining so just ride, become the lighting guy for the post ride group pic, then cabut lol. I was the one in the red orbea orca high profile wheels, yellow/black jersey. which bike were you riding? maybe if join again can say hi.
yeah, some of the ladies that were strong, I was in the 3rd wheel so kept close to the pace of the ladies pulling, some of the climbs 2xx-3xx watts (for my fat ass weight la) for 30sec-2 minutes, so their strength is no joke. 2 pacelines, Mariana pulled 1 paceline all the way 60km, 2 ladies pulled 30km each on the other paceline.
same, if overtake later malu when explode and get caught and overtaken cos wanna show off, better just sit quietly and use the ride for its intended purpose, recovery. dont understand those fellas wanna show power on climb whack make 3rd paceline but then fall back behind lol. if wanna show off just let the train go ahead 100 meters then chase la lol.
I gotta look at the photos again since I cannot remember all the riders plus I tapped out early at KM30 after being dropped and outta gas. I was riding a black Merida Reacto with black kits to match. Will do the same if I see you too. thumbsup.gif

Well, everyone's recovery is now my threshold... Sigh. Anyway, the pink recovery ride intended purpose as we all know... plus I am not complaining either... free draft and free view from the back... Lol

benbeaninc
post Jan 12 2022, 04:15 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(wintzen @ Jan 12 2022, 03:15 PM)
Any of you joining this Sunday Audax?
audex days are in the books.

nowadays focus on shorter rides ...
radmaszeal
post Jan 13 2022, 08:55 AM

1,546 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Jan 12 2022, 03:53 PM)
I gotta look at the photos again since I cannot remember all the riders plus I tapped out early at KM30 after being dropped and outta gas. I was riding a black Merida Reacto with black kits to match. Will do the same if I see you too.  thumbsup.gif
Well, everyone's recovery is now my threshold... Sigh. Anyway, the pink recovery ride intended purpose as we all know... plus I am not complaining either... free draft and free view from the back... Lol
dont follow anyone from the group on IG except mariana, not sure if I would be in the pics lol. probably wont join next week, Tuesday public holiday so wont ride Monday night. were you near the back? the further back you are the more tiring it becomes cos of yoyo effect, need to do mini surges often burn the matches. I was lucky that day 3rd or 4th wheel, mostly freewheeling 0 watts haha.

QUOTE(benbeaninc @ Jan 12 2022, 04:15 PM)
audex days are in the books.

nowadays focus on shorter rides ...
I try to finish my rides before noon, dont have enough free time to ride full day lol. and hot weather and vehicle smoke 20 watts drop cry.gif
aquilaTE
post Jan 16 2022, 02:43 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ Jan 13 2022, 08:55 AM)
dont follow anyone from the group on IG except mariana, not sure if I would be in the pics lol. probably wont join next week, Tuesday public holiday so wont ride Monday night. were you near the back? the further back you are the more tiring it becomes cos of yoyo effect, need to do mini surges often burn the matches. I was lucky that day 3rd or 4th wheel, mostly freewheeling 0 watts haha. 
I try to finish my rides before noon, dont have enough free time to ride full day lol. and hot weather and vehicle smoke 20 watts drop cry.gif
Oh ok... no worries. I won't be joining either. Just got my booster so taking it easy the coming week plus CNY is round the corner. Bini visas are hard to come by... Lol

Was in the middle but dropped back when we hit Bukit Bagang.
engseng
post Jan 17 2022, 06:07 PM

Regular
1,961 posts

Anyone have comments on Marin Fairfax bikes?
Roadwarrior1337
post Jan 17 2022, 06:12 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ Jan 13 2022, 08:55 AM)
Did few brm 300..after awhile sien. These days I go for shorter but power rides....max 60km....if want more 100km and that's it.

Anyone join bikecon shah alam race in Feb? I join cat 35 and above. Kind of regret now...for sure alot if noob since this is first big ride post covid....lotsa covid riders
benbeaninc
post Jan 18 2022, 09:38 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(engseng @ Jan 17 2022, 06:07 PM)
nope sorry cant say much

QUOTE(Roadwarrior1337 @ Jan 17 2022, 06:12 PM)
Did few brm 300..after awhile sien. These days I go for shorter but power rides....max 60km....if want more 100km and that's it.
Anyone join bikecon shah alam race in Feb? I join cat 35 and above. Kind of regret now...for sure alot if noob since this is first big ride post covid....lotsa covid riders
our gkl83 is going for bikecon biggrin.gif

andrewhtf
post Jan 18 2022, 11:36 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

Today went Temiang road to look see. I decided that I am not gonna cycle here. No way. I dowan die due to heart attack.

user posted image

user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Jan 19 2022, 08:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Jan 18 2022, 11:36 PM)
Today went Temiang road to look see. I decided that I am not gonna cycle here. No way. I dowan die due to heart attack.

user posted image

user posted image
If unable, no need push yourself. Just cycle santai leha leha as exercise cukup la. whistling.gif
Was it hot on the day you wented? sweat.gif
radmaszeal
post Jan 19 2022, 09:28 AM

1,546 posts

QUOTE(engseng @ Jan 17 2022, 06:07 PM)
some reviews say marin makes good value bike. no other idea aside from that lol.

QUOTE(Roadwarrior1337 @ Jan 17 2022, 06:12 PM)
all the best! yeah, I crashed before during event cos got stuck behind newbies who couldnt keep to their line, kept weaving left and right caught my front wheel. one tip an experienced friend said for events is to start in front, go super hard first 10km to stick to 1st or 2nd peloton when they start breaking into groups, usually more experienced riders there.

user posted image

user posted image
friend went yesterday, he said yesterday's weather was ideal, overcast and not hot. I though of joining him but was too tired lol. Go wrong day sure hangus, no shade lol
andrewhtf
post Jan 19 2022, 09:38 AM

Regular
1,576 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jan 19 2022, 08:52 AM)
If unable, no need push yourself. Just cycle santai leha leha as exercise cukup la.  whistling.gif
Was it hot on the day you wented?  sweat.gif
whole stretch of road is open air bro, no trees on both sides as they actually cut the hills in half (at some part) or runs along the side of a hill with cut cliffs, all barren and tree-less. so as soon as the sun is out whole place is baking.

unlike peres where you still get trees tall enough to cast shadows to shield you from the sun at most parts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ Jan 19 2022, 09:28 AM)
some reviews say marin makes good value bike. no other idea aside from that lol.
all the best! yeah, I crashed before during event cos got stuck behind newbies who couldnt keep to their line, kept weaving left and right caught my front wheel. one tip an experienced friend said for events is to start in front, go super hard first 10km to stick to 1st or 2nd peloton when they start breaking into groups, usually more experienced riders there.
friend went yesterday, he said yesterday's weather was ideal, overcast and not hot. I though of joining him but was too tired lol. Go wrong day sure hangus, no shade lol
i went in the afternoon as i wanted to avoid the crowd. yes sky still overcast but hot nevertheless. the only place with some cool wind blowing is at the top of first climb from klawang-seremban road, which is tagged as viewpoint in google maps. but totally no shade around there. some people set up stall from their vehicles selling drinks, i foresee soon there will be people building up gerai with tables and chairs. kau tengok lah nanti

another thing, malaysians are truly a bunch of litter bugs. empty bottles, ciggie butts and food wrappers alll strewn around. macam gampang

This post has been edited by andrewhtf: Jan 19 2022, 09:44 AM
benbeaninc
post Jan 19 2022, 10:34 AM

39 posts

I was there too with the colorful gang

user posted image

Weather was great but at some segments very windy

This post has been edited by benbeaninc: Jan 19 2022, 10:35 AM
Justin.Loong
post Jan 19 2022, 11:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Jan 19 2022, 09:38 AM)
whole stretch of road is open air bro, no trees on both sides as they actually cut the hills in half (at some part) or runs along the side of a hill with cut cliffs, all barren and tree-less. so as soon as the sun is out whole place is baking.

unlike peres where you still get trees tall enough to cast shadows to shield you from the sun at most parts
i went in the afternoon as i wanted to avoid the crowd.  yes sky still overcast but hot nevertheless. the only place with some cool wind blowing is at the top of first climb from klawang-seremban road, which is tagged as viewpoint in google maps. but totally no shade around there. some people set up stall from their vehicles selling drinks, i foresee soon there will be people building up gerai with tables and chairs. kau tengok lah nanti

another thing, malaysians are truly a bunch of litter bugs. empty bottles, ciggie butts and food wrappers alll strewn around. macam gampang
You didn't cover up with sleeves or Buff ka?
user posted image

Later sure will viral why basikal bodo go cycle on highway. laugh.gif
user posted image
radmaszeal
post Jan 19 2022, 11:52 AM

1,546 posts

QUOTE(benbeaninc @ Jan 19 2022, 10:34 AM)
I was there too with the colorful gang

user posted image

Weather was great but at some segments very windy
oh, rode with unker Kenneth Leong eh. unker banyak rajin kayuh one lol
geno
post Jan 19 2022, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Temiang bypass is technically a federal road, so its not really a highway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temiang%E2%80%93Pantai_Highway
Roadwarrior1337
post Jan 19 2022, 05:08 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

Bikecon shah alam is postpone to October 2022 due to omicron
..oh well ...good way to earn money and get interest

Damnit...should have known better that covid will come into play. Planing for a refund
andrewhtf
post Jan 19 2022, 05:52 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

QUOTE(Roadwarrior1337 @ Jan 19 2022, 05:08 PM)
Bikecon shah alam is postpone to October 2022 due to omicron
..oh well ...good way to earn money and get interest
Damnit...should have known better that covid will come into play. Planing for a refund
Bike Con Bike Con

sudah kena con lah
Justin.Loong
post Jan 24 2022, 11:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

Maintaining our health is essential nowadays, especially with the pandemic going on. Most of us often stay in the same spot for a long time and move only when needed which is definitely not good for our body!
user posted image

But what happened to this Facebook user will get you up on your feet and wanting to start exercising again!
user posted image

After not working out for quite a while, Shern decided to sign up for her first spin class on 10 January 2022 which would go on for around 45 minutes.

However, after only 15 minutes of spinning, she felt that could not take it anymore. Realising how much pain she was in, she proceeded to continue at a slower pace.
But, by at the end of the class, she noticed that her feet felt very weak and that she could not stand.

She continued on with her day as she felt that it was normal to have such muscle pains after a workout. Unfortunately, the pain started to get even worse!

On 13th January, Shern noticed that her urine was a dark brown colour. Concerned of her wellbeing, she immediately went onto Google to search for her symptoms.
She then discovered that she might be experiencing rhabdomyolysis, and immediately brought herself to get professional help the very next morning.

What is rhabdomyolysis?
According to Medline Plus, rhabdomyolysis is the breakdown of muscle tissue which leads to the release of muscle fibre contents into the blood.
These substances are harmful to the kidney and can even cause kidney damage.
Things that could lead to the development of rhabdomyolysis include: crash injuries, severe exertion and extreme body temperature.

Shern spent a week in the hospital
Shern was advised to stay in hospital for observation to make sure that her liver was not damaged.

She was also advised to drink a lot of water and record every time she drank and peed.
“You can only keep hydrating your body and let the toxins in your body be drained as soon as possible. You can reduce the chance of kidney damage. I went to the toilet for about 30 times a night.”
user posted image

She stated that she had to repeatedly go to the toilet and was not able to get enough sleep due to the pain.

Shern then discovered that there have been plenty of cases where people were hospitalised after going to spin classes.
“It’s really no joke. This popular exercise style isn’t for everyone. Work it out yourself.”
user posted image

She ended her post by reminding everyone to always stay healthy and exercise moderately.
“Do not overexert yourself and always start with light exercises if you ever want to start working out again,” she said.

Source: 1 Day of Exercise, 6 Days Injured! M’sian Shares How a Spin Class Resulted in a Trip to The Hospital

417 Pages « < 381 382 383 384 385 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:02 AM