244 Pages « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xbox Series X, The next Xbox generation

views

tripleB
post Nov 4 2020, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

I just got a call from Gamers Hideout about the PO status. Just like a few of us already know, they are having trouble getting units, and all orders are pushed to next year. They did also say if I still want to PO with them, they will give me a coupon or something worth RM100 for use on an Xbox game in the future. I guess I'll just stay with them for now.
andrewtho
post Nov 4 2020, 03:22 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 4 2020, 02:57 PM)
I just got a call from Gamers Hideout about the PO status. Just like a few of us already know, they are having trouble getting units, and all orders are pushed to next year. They did also say if I still want to PO with them, they will give me a coupon or something worth RM100 for use on an Xbox game in the future. I guess I'll just stay with them for now.
Ah bummer.

Question is, will they even bring in XBOX games? I asked them about AC Valhalla and they said only for PS4 tongue.gif
tripleB
post Nov 4 2020, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Nov 4 2020, 03:22 PM)
Ah bummer.

Question is, will they even bring in XBOX games? I asked them about AC Valhalla and they said only for PS4  tongue.gif
We have to assume they will start selling Xbox games again. Otherwise why bother bring in Series X. But remember, AC Valhalla is a smart delivery title. You can just grab the Xbox One version and it will be using the Series X/S features when run on Series X/S.
andrewtho
post Nov 4 2020, 04:04 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 4 2020, 04:00 PM)
We have to assume they will start selling Xbox games again. Otherwise why bother bring in Series X. But remember, AC Valhalla is a smart delivery title. You can just grab the Xbox One version and it will be using the Series X/S features when run on Series X/S.
I certainly hope so - some titles I would prefer to have disc version for collection (I’m a hoarder).

I think their exact reply was - ‘Currently we’re not taking in any XBOX Series X / One games’ . I did ask for the XBOX One version. Hopefully this will change next year? flex.gif
tripleB
post Nov 4 2020, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

Anyhow. I have no rush for now, since I will probably have my hands full with building a new gaming rig in late November or sometime in December. I hope the Series X reviews will be positive. Will give me something to look forward next year.

This post has been edited by tripleB: Nov 4 2020, 04:23 PM
daidzz
post Nov 5 2020, 07:50 AM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(SubRoutine @ Nov 3 2020, 05:59 PM)
I still regret not buying from them, but at this point there's not much to do. TBH I wanted to wait for Impulse, just in case they can bring in more Series X stocks.
But that wait might not be fruitful, and while waiting stock will be sold out everywhere else. Putih mata then kena wait till next year.

I think of the tax ill be paying as the service charge from shopitree. Fast response, very friendly and willing to help with all the questions I had. Take note GH, this is how you do business. Don't charge through the roof (recent PS4 sale comes to mind) and give shite customer service at the same time.
Were they fairly confident that they could secure stock etc? Happy to preorder from them if that's the case
daidzz
post Nov 5 2020, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(SubRoutine @ Nov 3 2020, 05:59 PM)
I still regret not buying from them, but at this point there's not much to do. TBH I wanted to wait for Impulse, just in case they can bring in more Series X stocks.
But that wait might not be fruitful, and while waiting stock will be sold out everywhere else. Putih mata then kena wait till next year.

I think of the tax ill be paying as the service charge from shopitree. Fast response, very friendly and willing to help with all the questions I had. Take note GH, this is how you do business. Don't charge through the roof (recent PS4 sale comes to mind) and give shite customer service at the same time.
I ended up getting it from them too smile.gif hope it all goes well
greyshadow
post Nov 5 2020, 05:02 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

QUOTE(SubRoutine @ Nov 3 2020, 05:49 PM)
Third batch, I managed to pre-order the console from Shopitree, ETA Mid December. Total damage is RM 2370, includes DHL express delivery. As for the tax tho, they did warn me but they also not sure about the calculation. I'm googling around and even I'm confused right now. Any tips?
with that amount (2k+) and it's DHL, there's no escape from kastam, you'll sure kena tax one
you can expect to top-up another 10-16% for the tax, worst case scenario is up to 21%
all depends on the mood the kastam officer on duty that time

QUOTE(ben3003 @ Nov 3 2020, 05:52 PM)
Feels like only qisahn got lubang ship to malaysia no tax lol. Maybe got good relationship with malaysia kastam
IINM, qisahn smuggle move their items over this side first then post out via poslaju

qudeenz360
post Nov 5 2020, 05:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,761 posts

2021 guys! haha
iguana_dude_619
post Nov 5 2020, 05:20 PM

Xbox GT, PSN & Steam ID: iguanadude626
1,135 posts

QUOTE(qudeenz360 @ Nov 5 2020, 05:02 PM)
2021 guys! haha
Halo Kudeng biggrin.gif
qudeenz360
post Nov 5 2020, 05:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,761 posts

QUOTE(iguana_dude_619 @ Nov 5 2020, 05:20 PM)
Halo Kudeng  biggrin.gif
rclxs0.gif rclxs0.gif

next year ok..
IccyAsd
post Nov 5 2020, 06:04 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Staff
819 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Nov 4 2020, 04:04 PM)
I certainly hope so - some titles I would prefer to have disc version for collection (I’m a hoarder).

I think their exact reply was - ‘Currently we’re not taking in any XBOX Series X  / One games’ . I did ask for the XBOX One version. Hopefully this will change next year?  flex.gif
Game shop most likely would not bring in much xbox games, some may just sell hardware due to the existence of game pass, even for current gen most xbox player had gone digital. Its abit of risk to sell physical xbox games now.

This may also happen to future gen Playstation games, if gamer choose digital PS5 this gen it will also affect game store business.

This post has been edited by IccyAsd: Nov 5 2020, 06:06 PM
andrewtho
post Nov 5 2020, 06:15 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Nov 5 2020, 06:04 PM)
Game shop most likely would not bring in much xbox games, some may just sell hardware due to the existence of game pass, even for current gen most xbox player had gone digital. Its abit of risk to sell physical xbox games now.

This may also happen to future gen Playstation games, if gamer choose digital PS5 this gen it will also affect game store business.
Sadly, this is the reality.

I guess digital games are here to stay, there goes my ‘collection’ of physical games and the excitement of receiving a parcel game delivery sweat.gif
deathninjax
post Nov 5 2020, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

i have been getting my xbox games from https://www.shop4malaysia.com/xbox-one

free shipping from the UK.
SubRoutine
post Nov 6 2020, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

Reviews for XSX/XSS are in!
TL;DR for most reviews: excellent upgrade, great performance headroom compared to PS5, no Series exclusive launch games is a huge blow

While waiting for my XSX to arrive, I think I'll create an Xbox account to load up on GPU. I got a few questions for the Xbox sifus here:

1) What is the best region to create my Xbox account? In terms of sales, ease of getting gift cards etc
2) Can I setup an account in 1 region, and buy games from another? For example, setup Xbox SG account to load up on Xbox Live then convert to GPU, then buy games from Brazilian store
3) If my game is from EU/US, and I have an SG account, how do I purchase the DLC for said game? Can I do it from SG store or do I have to switch to the game region store?
andrewtho
post Nov 6 2020, 12:06 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

Super depressed looking at XBOX Series X reviews, don’t even want to click any lol.

Was really looking forward to next-gen next week man. Sigh.
yoyoi
post Nov 7 2020, 03:01 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(SubRoutine @ Nov 6 2020, 10:49 AM)

Reviews for XSX/XSS are in!
TL;DR for most reviews: excellent upgrade, great performance headroom compared to PS5, no Series exclusive launch games is a huge blow

While waiting for my XSX to arrive, I think I'll create an Xbox account to load up on GPU. I got a few questions for the Xbox sifus here:

1) What is the best region to create my Xbox account? In terms of sales, ease of getting gift cards etc
2) Can I setup an account in 1 region, and buy games from another? For example, setup Xbox SG account to load up on Xbox Live then convert to GPU, then buy games from Brazilian store
3) If my game is from EU/US, and I have an SG account, how do I purchase the DLC for said game? Can I do it from SG store or do I have to switch to the game region store?
1. For me, the best is Argentina store. Among the cheaper store than others. Can also try Turkey.
2. No need. Can use only 1 account because can change region anytime on console/website.
3. Can. Xbox one dlc are region free. Not sure about the next gen tho. Correct me if i'm wrong.
dx_treme
post Nov 7 2020, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

really2 hope, impulse msg me to make payment n take XSX at their show next week >.<
tripleB
post Nov 7 2020, 07:36 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Nov 6 2020, 12:06 PM)
Super depressed looking at XBOX Series X reviews, don’t even want to click any lol.

Was really looking forward to next-gen next week man. Sigh.
Same here. I wanted to be a Day 1 owner, something I've never done before. Looks like it's the same again this time haha.
andrewtho
post Nov 7 2020, 07:49 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 7 2020, 07:36 PM)
Same here. I wanted to be a Day 1 owner, something I've never done before. Looks like it's the same again this time haha.
Guess it will be like that until Microsoft officially supports Malaysia as a market in SEA.

244 Pages « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0270sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:17 PM