Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Shopee linglang.my selling defective tvbox, Do Not Buy frm shopee seller linglang.my

views

TSSelectt
post Sep 1 2019, 06:19 PM, updated 5y ago

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

https://shopee.com.my/product/84962295/1428348152

I have purchased a unit of TX3 Mini from linglang.my from Shopee on 31st March 2019. Received the goods on early April. It works good and seller (linglang.my) willing to answer questions on the tvbox. Everything was good until May 2019 where the tvbox having issue to load up. I suspected the power adapter issue and i asked seller to warranty. Seller linglang.my say power adapter not in warranty. Seller even dare to ask me to buy new adapter from them. I checked linglang's tvbox page, there is nowhere stated power adapter not in warranty.

Seller then ask me to resend the unit and package to China which cost RM13-20 and STILL subject to their evaluation if they are going to replace if this is non-human damages which is ridiculous. How they even prove this is non-human damages? The product is not even one month and it is already failed to work. I did not pursue to send the box to China, since it is working until today, it failed to start up. After series of negotiation, seller willing to resend a new power adapter and asked me to pay the postage fee which i refused. I go even further by saying pressing that if they dont send me new adapter, i ll spread the news that linglang.my is selling defective goods and giving tons of excuses and wasting time for negotiation.

Please bare in mind the product is not even 1 year in use, already broken down more than 20 times.

user posted image
user posted image

You have been warned on seller linglang.my at shopee. Think twice before you buy from linglang.my.
tien171
post Sep 1 2019, 06:22 PM

Casual
304 posts

OK Noted .
unscrupulous Seller noted .

This post has been edited by tien171: Sep 1 2019, 06:24 PM
TSSelectt
post Sep 1 2019, 08:59 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

If anyone has contact of linglang.my, ask him to come in here and debate with me since he is already stopped replying my message.

as of now, i think even the tvbox has stopped working, not the power adapter. Beware for those that buys from linglang.my.

https://shopee.com.my/shop/84962295/
KhairyHT P
post Sep 1 2019, 10:57 PM

Probation
0 posts

Oh is it. I need to check its item rating again, and the shop rating as a whole just to be sure.

From what I read of your experience, the seller has been very accommodating and willing to engage until an amicable solution for both parties.

Sadly I conclude from your grouses, the amicable solution did not come about - when you make that threat...

" I go even further by saying pressing that if they dont send me new adapter, i ll spread the news that linglang.my is selling defective goods and giving tons of excuses and wasting time for negotiation."

Offered to check the box and repair, if you send the box back at your cost - not acceptable to you.

Later, offered to send a free adapter to you at your cost - also not acceptable for you.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I will check on the shop rating as a whole and think twice before I buy.

PS :- I have spoken to the seller some weeks back, he has been very supportive and accommodating with my numerous queries, but I still haven't bought from the seller as I was waiting for new Tx3 update after the seller explained the latest market news about AstroGo. Seller says willing to write to me when the new Tx3 is available.

AVFAN
post Sep 1 2019, 11:36 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Selectt @ Sep 1 2019, 06:19 PM)
Please bare in mind the product is not even 1 year in use, already broken down more than 20 times.
can u describe the nature of the problem.... 20 times?
TSSelectt
post Sep 2 2019, 03:45 AM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(KhairyHT @ Sep 1 2019, 10:57 PM)
Oh is it. I need to check its item rating again, and the shop rating as a whole just to be sure.

[1]From what I read of your experience, the seller has been very accommodating and willing to engage until an amicable solution for both parties. 

[2]Sadly I conclude from your grouses, the amicable solution did not come about - when you make that threat...

" I go even further by saying pressing that if they dont send me new adapter, i ll spread the news that linglang.my is selling defective goods and giving tons of excuses and wasting time for negotiation."

[3]Offered to check the box and repair,  if you send the box back at your cost - not acceptable to you.

[4] Later, offered to send a free adapter to you at your cost - also not acceptable for you.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I will check on the shop rating as a whole and think twice before I buy.
PS :- I have spoken to the seller some weeks back, he has been very supportive and accommodating with my numerous queries, but I still haven't bought from the seller as I was waiting for new Tx3 update after the seller explained the latest market news about AstroGo. Seller says willing to write to me when the new Tx3 is available.
Let me reply line by line to explain my situation.
[1]He already first denying that adapter is not part of warranty and is wear and tear part. None of his page stated that. He then suggested to buy another adapter from him, blaming "irregular home voltage". Seems he already know it was adapter problem. The item is just 1 month old.. I have so many China electronic product, this unit cant even last more than 1 month, blame "irregular home voltage."

[2]This is not without numerous negotiation to get him agree to resend the entire package back to China yet still under his evaluation whether he will resend new unit. To me at this point, it is already sounds ridiculous. He wants to see this as threat, I say this is my right to make everyone aware that customer is buying a lousy quality product from him. Barely 1 month old ownership, need to send back to China?

[3] Nope. Did not offer for repair, only check and if found damaged by irregular home voltage, he will not do anything.

[4] Yes, i refused to bear the shipping.

At this point of time, I think the tvbox is already dead as I observe the light just went off using the original adapter. If you want to be in my situation, please go ahead and buy from him.

This post has been edited by Selectt: Sep 2 2019, 03:45 AM
TSSelectt
post Sep 2 2019, 03:46 AM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Sep 1 2019, 11:36 PM)
can u describe the nature of the problem.... 20 times?
Tvbox unable to load, on and off from March until now. Now, totally do not work.

This post has been edited by Selectt: Sep 2 2019, 03:47 AM
GuyM
post Sep 2 2019, 02:28 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

From the description is just faulty adapter, go to electrical shop and just but it instead of being fickle about it

Once you get it do a factory reset using the needle method of there's on hole in this box

avfan perhaps can adv if there's on hole for reset
AVFAN
post Sep 2 2019, 03:53 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Selectt @ Sep 2 2019, 03:46 AM)
Tvbox unable to load, on and off from March until now. Now, totally do not work.
i m sure u hv asked seller for help and concluded it's power adaptor failure.
i have seen 2 cases of such failure myself... some other brand.
i just replace with new adaptor... rm20 or so, done.

adaptor failures... hard to say what caused it... rm105 box... cannot expect it to be top notch quality, can also be lightning, accident?
a sad case for u since many of us bought from this seller, no one else reported such a problem so far.

QUOTE(GuyM @ Sep 2 2019, 02:28 PM)
From the description is just faulty adapter, go to electrical shop and just but it instead of being fickle about it

Once you get it do a factory reset using the needle method of there's on hole in this box

there is a reset pinhole like other boxes to do factory reset.
but i guess he already checked it with seller or tried himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IelWlJkE33o
TSSelectt
post Sep 2 2019, 06:35 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Sep 2 2019, 02:28 PM)

Thats my choice being fickle or not. Nobody likes a product that failed to work after 1 month of ownership, having intermittent bootup issue and time wasted for negotiation.
QUOTE(AVFAN @ Sep 2 2019, 03:53 PM)
i m sure u hv asked seller for help and concluded it's power adaptor failure.
i have seen 2 cases of such failure myself... some other brand.
i just replace with new adaptor... rm20 or so, done.

adaptor failures... hard to say what caused it... rm105 box... cannot expect it to be top notch quality, can also be lightning, accident?
a sad case for u since many of us bought from this seller, no one else reported such a problem so far.
I ll get another seller to check on it. As of now, it doesnt work at all. Since he doesnt respond due to the "threat" which I clearly mentioned I did not wish to do this. Thats the way he wanted it, so be it. What I can confirm is, he is selling lousy quality product. Whether you consider he is irresponsible seller, thats up to you. I m here to tell my experience.

Lesson learnt, buy tvbox from local reseller, if can buy SIRIM certified unit. This will cut so much bullshit in between.
GuyM
post Sep 2 2019, 08:54 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(Selectt @ Sep 2 2019, 06:35 PM)
Thats my choice being fickle or not. Nobody likes a product that failed to work after 1 month of ownership, having intermittent bootup issue and time wasted for negotiation.

Lesson learnt, buy tvbox from local reseller, if can buy SIRIM certified unit. This will cut so much bullshit in between.
Mate

You've wasted time having to deal over such small matter is up to you. maybe you're unlucky to get a lemon unit. Just hope you sick it up and go get that $20 adapter and try out again

Been buying boxes from overseas without fuss and will continue to do so if the price and availability permits
TSSelectt
post Sep 2 2019, 10:40 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Sep 2 2019, 08:54 PM)
Mate

You've wasted time having to deal over such small matter is up  to you. maybe you're unlucky to get a lemon unit. Just hope you sick it up and go get that $20 adapter and try out again

Been buying boxes from overseas without fuss and will continue to do so if the price and availability permits
Disagree. certainly up to me on what i want to do. As I said I m here to tell my experience with linglang. Whether you all readers want to buy from him, go ahead.
KhairyHT P
post Sep 3 2019, 07:29 AM

Probation
0 posts

So, I have a chance to really scrutinize the customers rating and feedback.
After thinking twice and what is available for me to read, my thoughts is that, this seller is a genuine exemplary seller. I am not being biased or whatnot, just purely reading what others have to say.

Most if not all the low rating comments has no credence due to the lack of relevant feedback in their review.
Most almost seems to be unaware of what they are buying into, probably thinking by paying RM100+, it will fully and completely substitute paying monthly subscription to unify or Astro in every sense.

The seller is straight up selling a android box with stock apps only - basically he is selling a hardware which many consider the best entry level android box for its price, capability and stability. In another thread, comments being made that even streaming 24 hours continuously with this box with no untoward problems or over heating incident.

The low rating complaints were mostly connection issues, or non useable streaming apps with dead feed. As far as I am concern, these has nothing to do with the hardware, the box or the box hardware/software stability. The seller merely provided assistance in obtaining the apps. The installation is done 100% by the user themselves.

As for the 5 star ratings, I think the numbers alone tell its story.
1289 - 5 Star reviews compared to just 6 for 1-star review.
Even 4 star count are significantly low compared to the 5 star count.
It certainly does say a lot from this statistic alone.

Alright maybe to some says statistics tells nuts, lets then scrutinize the feedback.
One common theme when reading through the feedbacks is the RESOURCEFULNESS of the seller.
Phrases like
- Very helpful to explain
- fast response in chat
- packaging the best
- generally very helpful seller

Apart from that, another common thing I notice is that there are quite a number of REPEAT CUSTOMERS. Customers who announces they are buying for the second or third time, either for themselves or for friends or neighbors.

There are also a few customers who are SERIAL BUYERS. Most likely people making some profit helping others to get and install their very first android box.

There was one 5 star review though that took my breath away.
The buyer mentioned his IR remote controller was acting up after numerous drop to the floor in the first week. He mentioned the seller sent him a new one.

Sure beats me what is going on in that order or in the chat discussions. Ultimately a buyer and seller coming to terms with an AMICABLE SOLUTION to make the sale a successful transaction resulting in a 5 star review.

TSSelectt
post Sep 3 2019, 10:09 AM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(KhairyHT @ Sep 3 2019, 07:29 AM)
Sure beats me what is going on in that order or in the chat discussions. Ultimately a buyer and seller coming to terms with an AMICABLE SOLUTION to make the sale a successful transaction resulting in a 5 star review.
Agree on what you mentioned on highlighted.

Putting lousy product quality aside, the issue is not resolved. That is why this thread is here.
KhairyHT P
post Sep 3 2019, 10:39 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Selectt @ Sep 3 2019, 10:09 AM)
Agree on what you mentioned on highlighted.

Putting lousy product quality aside, the issue is not resolved. That is why this thread is here.
Lousy product quality is very subjective as per each their own perception/opinion.

Here the buyer admitted dropping the IR remote numerous times and it acting weird(I'm guessing here as the buyer didn't mention specifically it didn't work). The buyer coming clean it is very much his fault.

I certainly won't bring my Samsung phone back to their service center to tell them they have lousy product because the screen couldn't survive the numerous accidental drop from my pocket pants. I am sure the Samsung personnel will snigger at me at complaining the phone survived 1 fall, so it should survive multiple falls. tongue.gif
Because it didn't survive multiple falls, it is a lousy product.

I know every time I see my kids fight over the PS4 - DS4 controller and dropped it, my heart skipped a beat as I can see RM200 flying out the window.

As mentioned I was in awe the buyer mentioned it in his review. The immediate word coming out from my mouth is "WOW". The next few words were "what a bloody fxxxxxx generous seller"

I do know that some other sellers in Shopee SPECIFICALLY MENTION THAT ANY REVIEW WITH 1-STAR WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY. I believe that in such sellers, they are very confident of their product or their after sales service or remedy of any after sales problem - THUS THEY WONT TOLERATE 1-STAR RATING.

As for this seller, no mention of this specific terms of transaction. Seems the seller is adamant in making sure the transaction is beneficial to both parties, thus we see the lack of low rating comments.

I rest my case, my lord tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
AVFAN
post Sep 3 2019, 10:55 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(KhairyHT @ Sep 3 2019, 07:29 AM)

So, I have a chance to really scrutinize the customers rating and feedback.
After thinking twice and what is available for me to read, my thoughts is that,  this seller is a genuine exemplary seller. I am not being biased or whatnot, just purely reading what others have to say.

u can read more about the seller (and other sellers) here:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4722095/+400

as far as i can tell, all buyers except one is happy enough.

but it's a free world - one can praise or one can condemn - even in a public forum.

anyway, i think enuf said! biggrin.gif
password8431
post Sep 3 2019, 03:21 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Sep 2 2019, 03:53 PM)

I have been following this thread when it started, it seems to me the thread starter has made a some modifications to his first post.
As I clearly remember the word "IRREGULAR HOUSE POWER SUPPLY" being mentioned in the first post but couldn't find it today.

Today, it just struck me that it could really be a Lightning affected fault as the incident was reported in April.
Did a quick Google on "Lightning Season in Malaysia".. and returned this
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...safety-measures

"He said the most intense period for thunderstorms are from March to May, and from September to November."

The lightning doesn't have to strike near our house, even a lightning happened 2km away can have severe repercussions.
I remember some 18 years ago, Lightning strike very close, my whole electrical system blink, and next I know my Printer fried but my CPU is intact. VERY ODD, but true. Obviously when sending it back for warranty claim, I didn't divuldge what happened. Two times it happened, and both times I never bother to go back to claim my printer back. Just buy a new one.

Then the time of ADSL modem, and BELKIN Surge arrestors - If we need to claim warranty, we need to sign off exactly the place, time and date the fault happened. It does explain a lot why Electronic products does not cover lightning caused damages and always the reminder to unplug the telephone line to adsl modems during a thundersorm.

Not accusing anybody of anything, just contributing to discussions. No hard feelings okay. biggrin.gif
TSSelectt
post Sep 4 2019, 02:35 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

No idea what some of you whiteknights are saying. Checked with other tvbox seller, confirm adapter spoiled. Asked me to buy from him and he will easily replace one for me. rolleyes.gif

And some of you still defending your China's linglang hero, which is funny. meh still wants to nego with him.. resending back to China for evaluation? laugh.gif

So yes, this thread stays. He is still selling defective tvbox package overall.
TSSelectt
post Sep 4 2019, 02:40 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(password8431 @ Sep 3 2019, 03:21 PM)
I have been following this thread when it started, it seems to me the thread starter has made a some modifications to his first post.
As I clearly remember the word "IRREGULAR HOUSE POWER SUPPLY" being mentioned in the first post but couldn't find it today.
Hello, first post where got edit. "irregular home voltage" on my 3rd post.
GuyM
post Sep 5 2019, 01:56 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

Lol... So did you managed to get your sirim approved with warranty adapter? 😆

How's the box performance so far?🤔

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:18 AM