Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

117 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What 1080p/4K Movie did You Watch Today (Part III), Movies thats worth sharing or warned abt

views

AVFAN
post Jan 22 2020, 10:59 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Dec 9 2019, 02:23 AM)
Doctor Sleep - A very well done sequel to The Shining. Mike Flanagan did a great job to balancing it on what Stanley Kubrick had change. He success convince Stephan King and did it brilliantly. 5 Star no doubt.
Doctor Sleep... i didn't find it that good... much like a poor CGI vampire movie not unlike one of the Underworld flicks.

3 hours long, it does a decent job to build up the characters before the spooks begin.

if one hasn't just watched The Shining, one will struggle with how this is a sequel, what are the connections.

fine performance by evan mcgregor and rebecca ferguson. 3/5.

about stephen king stories, there is currently a TV series The Outsider running - this one is creepy enough. biggrin.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jan 22 2020, 11:27 AM
Andrewtst
post Jan 23 2020, 08:43 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,113 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 22 2020, 10:59 AM)
Doctor Sleep... i didn't find it that good... much like a poor CGI vampire movie not unlike one of the Underworld flicks.

3 hours long, it does a decent job to build up the characters before the spooks begin.

if one hasn't just watched The Shining, one will struggle with how this is a sequel, what are the connections.

about stephen king stories, there is currently a TV series The Outsider running - this one is creepy enough. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Poor CGI vampire? Lol

Thanks for introduce the outsider. Go find tonight. 😃
Mov_freak
post Jan 26 2020, 08:48 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

user posted image

Abominable (2019)

Dreamworks had started to work on this since 2010.

Jill Culton, director, started on it in 2016, left and than came back!!

Movie take place in China and it turns out that the teenagers are exactly like American teenagers.... laugh.gif

What the movie lack in authentic Chinese characters development, it made up in showing the beauty of China (Not Chinese geography but the scenery)

Also, speaking of geography because a map was shown in the movie, containing the controversial nine dash lines, alot of Asian countries took offence and "boycotted" the movie.

Sad when things turn political and a shame, because this movie is simply... gorgeous! Literally!

Beautiful beautiful graphics.

Great soundtrack.

Story is... unique enough.

I understand that Toy Story 5 and Angry Birds 2 are being reviewed as reference video for displays, I believe this will be at par is not slightly better compared to the first two movie.

Why, when the action happens, it is very fast pace.

Picture to me reference

Sound has an amazing sound track that tugs at your heartstrings

My Two Sen
Mov_freak
post Jan 26 2020, 08:53 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 16 2020, 10:20 PM)
terminator: dark fate is the 6th instalment of the Terminator franchise.

expectations were high, esp when they bring back linda hamilton and schwarzenegger, story written by james cameron.

while many say it is like a direct sequel to T1 and T2, i find it more like a T2 reimagined.

no spoilers, but u will know what i mean after u watched it... and dun miss the first 5 min... which is the key to the story.

plenty of action, lots of destruction, pretty good CGI.... although i find it can be done better.

this film cost $200 million, a box office bomb, lost money. 3/5.

my view - they should stop making anymore T movies with the same storyline and move on to a completely diff one.

user posted image
I like this up to a point

The nw terminators

Linda Hamilton

The new super soldier

And not so much... the new john conner??! laugh.gif

Shame the American audience don't know quality when they see it anymore

Speaking of James Cameron, when the hell are we getting True Lies, 4K and don't you pull a Terminator 2 4K debacle!!

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest...
Mov_freak
post Jan 26 2020, 08:54 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 22 2020, 10:59 AM)

user posted image
You did not like this?

hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
AVFAN
post Jan 26 2020, 10:07 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jan 26 2020, 08:53 AM)
Speaking of James Cameron, when the hell are we getting True Lies, 4K and don't you pull a Terminator 2 4K debacle!!
he is too busy with Avatar 2, 3, 4, 5.

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jan 26 2020, 08:54 AM)
You did not like this?

hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
i gave it 3/5. it was ok... maybe i expected more.

i just didn't find the oomph i was looking for.
Mov_freak
post Jan 26 2020, 11:17 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 26 2020, 10:07 AM)
he is too busy with Avatar 2, 3, 4, 5.
i gave it 3/5. it was ok... maybe i expected more.

i just didn't find the oomph i was looking for.
He has been working on them forever... Disney is betting heavily that they don't suck, so let's hope they don't...

How much time would it take for him to tell people what to do (True Lies). But now with Disney in the picture, who knows if it get a physical release even when it is updated... I want to see Jamie Lee Curtis dance sexy... laugh.gif

blink.gif You did not enjoy Rebecca Ferguson's Rose The Hat??! Sacré bleu!!!....

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jan 26 2020, 11:20 AM
AVFAN
post Jan 28 2020, 12:04 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

for lack of good movies now, i suggest, if u haven't watched Outbreak 1995, watch it now.

still highly relevant now in the wake of the wuhan virus.

i must have watched it at least 3 times.

user posted image

Mov_freak
post Jan 28 2020, 11:54 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 28 2020, 12:04 PM)
for lack of good movies now, i suggest, if u haven't watched Outbreak 1995, watch it now.

user posted image
3 times?

Gosh I lost count of how many time I watched this...

Would you let your little girl go so near the monkey with the apple?

hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
CoffeeDude
post Feb 2 2020, 02:10 PM

Regular
1,542 posts

Did anyone watch Gemini Man in 4K?
It is shot in 60fps!!
Picture is very smooth and impressive.
But the CGI is shakehead.gif doh.gif
AVFAN
post Feb 3 2020, 06:40 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

Ford v Ferrari is a great drama-action film.

the story behind the legends - caroll shelby, ken miles, henry ford II, lee iacocca... and the famed ford mustang-shelby american.

great performances from matt damon, christian bale, jon bernthal, josh lucas.

not a racing car fan but still enjoyed it v much. 3.5/5.

user posted image

Andrewtst
post Feb 4 2020, 01:59 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,113 posts

QUOTE(CoffeeDude @ Feb 2 2020, 02:10 PM)
Did anyone watch Gemini Man in 4K?
It is shot in 60fps!!
Picture is very smooth and impressive.
But the CGI is  shakehead.gif  doh.gif
It is shot in 120fps but I dislike it, it just simply look weird.
This is same as Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk which is the 1st 120fps film by Ang Lee.
Something very long with this 120fps camera, the background look fall down. The effect look cheap. The cinematographer is lost scenes of beauty.

One of the worst movie of the year 2019. I give it 1 star.

The camera man had no sense of beauty. Yark!
Too emphasis on 3D feel which make the entire shot too many blocking and Yark! Sorry to said two times of Yark! Haha! It is 3 times now. tongue.gif

Story also meh...

user posted image

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Feb 4 2020, 02:03 AM
Andrewtst
post Feb 4 2020, 02:05 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,113 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 3 2020, 06:40 PM)
Ford v Ferrari is a great drama-action film.

the story behind the legends - caroll shelby, ken miles, henry ford II, lee iacocca... and the famed ford mustang-shelby american.

great performances from matt damon, christian bale, jon bernthal, josh lucas.

not a racing car fan but still enjoyed it v much. 3.5/5.

user posted image
Haven't watch yet, will watch it.

I am waiting you give a film 5 Star. I think your maximum is 3.5 Star. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Feb 4 2020, 02:17 AM
Andrewtst
post Feb 4 2020, 02:14 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,113 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jan 28 2020, 12:04 PM)

user posted image
I think Contagion is more like Wuhan virus film. I just watch it, ok la. 3 Star.

They is a non important main cast in this film where not tell why he is immune - Matt Damon.
By the way, we should catch Matt Damon cause he is the vaccine. tongue.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Feb 4 2020, 02:18 AM
AVFAN
post Feb 4 2020, 09:53 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Feb 4 2020, 02:05 AM)
I am waiting you give a film 5 Star. I think your maximum is 3.5 Star. tongue.gif
i can't think of one that i will give 5/5. biggrin.gif

to me, examples of 4.5 would be... Lord of the Rings trilogy, 2001 space odyssey, Avatar, Apocalypse now, Schindler's List.

4.0 examples wud be Interstellar, Inception, Godfather trilogy, Alien, Heat, Ronin, Matrix trilogy, Cloud Atlas, Pulp Fiction.

newer superheroes stuff from dc, marvel... avengers, justice league... raking in hundreds of millions - overdose of CGI, i dun give high.

becos like martin scorcese said - those are great entertainment but is not cinema. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Feb 4 2020, 10:12 AM
TSpeter32
post Feb 4 2020, 01:59 PM

心旷神怡
1,154 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 4 2020, 09:53 AM)

to me, examples of 4.5 would be... Lord of the Rings trilogy, 2001 space odyssey, Avatar, Apocalypse now, Schindler's List.

4.0 examples wud be Interstellar, Inception, Godfather trilogy, Alien, Heat, Ronin, Matrix trilogy, Cloud Atlas, Pulp Fiction.

newer superheroes stuff from dc, marvel... avengers, justice league... raking in hundreds of millions - overdose of CGI, i dun give high.

becos like martin scorcese said - those are great entertainment but is not cinema. tongue.gif
Kind of surprise that you gave Cloud Atlas & Matrix a 4 star. I would have thought Avatar would have been a 4 star, not 4.5 ...

Using your standard, I think the 5 star contender would still be the Citizen Kane, for its brilliant storyline, dramatic and beautiful monochrome cinematography, and actually very well written scripts, not to mention a fast pace drama.

This post has been edited by peter32: Feb 4 2020, 02:01 PM
AVFAN
post Feb 4 2020, 02:13 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(peter32 @ Feb 4 2020, 01:59 PM)
Kind of surprise that you gave Cloud Atlas & Matrix a 4 star. I would have thought Avatar would have been a 4 star, not 4.5 ...
Using your standard, I think the 5 star contender would still be the Citizen Kane, for its brilliant storyline, dramatic and beautiful monochrome cinematography, and actually very well written scripts, not to mention a fast pace drama.
somehow, citizen kane did not strike me too much... maybe i should give it another watch after so long.

seven samurai 1954 isn't as old as citizen kane but this kurosawa film is definitely one of my all time favorites, 4 star!

Andrewtst
post Feb 5 2020, 12:50 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,113 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Feb 4 2020, 09:53 AM)

Apocalypse now, Schindler's List, Interstellar also no 5 Star. I think probably they is no 5 star rating will ever happen for you. tongue.gif Haha!
rx330
post Feb 5 2020, 10:07 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,586 posts

5 star is reserve for those XXX ones tongue.gif

AVFAN
post Feb 5 2020, 10:39 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

5/5 will be for the perfect movie... hasn't come yet. biggrin.gif