Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
198 Pages « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V12, Everything you need for a Japan trip!

views

TOMEI-R
post Jun 25 2019, 05:24 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,589 posts

QUOTE(asiahost @ Jun 24 2019, 11:48 PM)
Hi.. i am travelling to tokyo.. reaching at 1030pm and departing 12am from tokyo to kl.. just wandering on how to spend from the checkout time till evening as check out time to 12am is quite a gap...

Apprecite advices and experiences.. thanks in advance
You can actually have a whole day itinerary by checking out early and starting your day early. You can take the Keikyu Line or Monorail and arrive by 9pm at Haneda. Rest of the hours could be spent wandering around Haneda as there is an Edokoji on the 4th floor for you to walk around There is a also a plane watching observation deck on the 5th floor. So don't worry about getting bored at Haneda. I personally prefer Haneda better than Narita because its much closer to the City centre, so you can actually afford to leave town much later for the airport. tongue.gif

Btw, does anyone know why are there no Limousine buses from the city after 6:30pm to Haneda. Buses only resume after 9:15 pm earliest. I prefer the limousine buses because I don't need to lug my luggage on the bus compared to on the trains.

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 25 2019, 05:28 PM
TSsweet_pez
post Jun 26 2019, 09:33 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(issac96 @ Jun 24 2019, 11:08 PM)
Hi guys, I'm looking for cheap one-night stay accommodation in Japan, what are the choices out there to search for, apart from Airbnb? Thanks in advance...
There's a Japan topic, please post/ ask here instead of opening new thread.

Your question is too generic. You'll need to provide more details:
- Budget (how cheap is your cheap? everyone have different benchmark)
- Number of pax
- Family/ friends etc

issac96
post Jun 27 2019, 01:27 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 26 2019, 10:33 AM)
There's a Japan topic, please post/ ask here instead of opening new thread.

Your question is too generic. You'll need to provide more details:
- Budget (how cheap is your cheap? everyone have different benchmark)
- Number of pax
- Family/ friends etc
- Budget rm0-300
-Number 1
-Just me
TSsweet_pez
post Jun 27 2019, 02:18 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(issac96 @ Jun 27 2019, 01:27 PM)
- Budget rm0-300
-Number 1
-Just me
With budget of up to RM300 per night, you can just stay in a Hotel at downtown area. You can get a decent basic hotel for RM200+. Just check Booking.com or Agoda for options.
wilsonjay
post Jun 27 2019, 05:48 PM

6 Stars Social Justice Warrior
1,605 posts

QUOTE(cat2 @ Jun 27 2019, 03:33 PM)
hi guys want to ask if any of you recently travel to osaka? I want to purchase the icoca card through klook but it is only able for collection for Osaka International Airport...it is not KIX airport right? I mean Osaka airport and KIX are 2 different airport?

if it is 2 different airport, may I know if the counter to purchase for ICOCA card still available in KIX as previously read said counter had closed? need some clarification...thanks advance
isn't IC card available in every station?
TOMEI-R
post Jun 27 2019, 05:53 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,589 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 27 2019, 02:18 PM)
With budget of up to RM300 per night, you can just stay in a Hotel at downtown area. You can get a decent basic hotel for RM200+. Just check Booking.com or Agoda for options.
I find it weird that some hotels have single bed room which they only provide a small single bed. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 27 2019, 05:53 PM
RegentCid
post Jun 27 2019, 09:12 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

QUOTE(cat2 @ Jun 27 2019, 05:01 PM)
ohhh really? then i think it is alright to purchase everywhere instead purchasing from klook?
Any Major Station also can get
supsupsui
post Jun 28 2019, 08:01 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Go for hotspring.

Then enjoy a bottle of milk.

MR_alien
post Jun 28 2019, 09:22 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,298 posts

QUOTE(cat2 @ Jun 27 2019, 03:33 PM)
hi guys want to ask if any of you recently travel to osaka? I want to purchase the icoca card through klook but it is only able for collection for Osaka International Airport...it is not KIX airport right? I mean Osaka airport and KIX are 2 different airport?

if it is 2 different airport, may I know if the counter to purchase for ICOCA card still available in KIX as previously read said counter had closed? need some clarification...thanks advance
u don't need to pre-purchase your ICOCA card also known as IC card
if you've traveled to japan before and have any IC card like pasmo or suica card, they all can be used nationwide in japan(no need to purchase ICOCA)
and u don't need to go counter to buy ICOCA, can purchase via machine
TSsweet_pez
post Jun 28 2019, 10:06 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Jun 27 2019, 05:53 PM)
I find it weird that some hotels have single bed room which they only provide a small single bed.  laugh.gif
Wait, how is that weird? laugh.gif it's what the guest paid for, no? Most of the time it should come with basic amenities as well - coz even the hostels do.
lyc1982
post Jun 28 2019, 10:43 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

good luck to those wanna experience tokyo olympics 2020....

hot...humid...lotsa tourists...expensive accommodations...

hot...humid...did i mention that already ?
TOMEI-R
post Jun 28 2019, 11:52 AM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,589 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 28 2019, 10:06 AM)
Wait, how is that weird? laugh.gif it's what the guest paid for, no? Most of the time it should come with basic amenities as well - coz even the hostels do.
Lol.. their Double room is already err... cramped. I don't know how to describe the single rooms. :lol

Biggest hotel I have experienced in Japan was at Daiwa Roynet in Numazu. I had an executive room where it had 1 king bed (very rare in Japan) and 1 double bed. There was also a proper executive work desk and a large massage chair. Toilet was separated into 3 rooms for bath, toilet and powder room. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 28 2019, 11:59 AM
TSsweet_pez
post Jun 28 2019, 11:58 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Jun 28 2019, 11:52 AM)
Lol.. their Double room is already err... cramped. I don't know how to describe the single rooms.  :lol
It's definitely not for you to bring in an extra person brows.gif

Jokes aside, yes it's cramped. Land is expensive thus per sq ft cost is high. It's even common for travelers to open their bag on the bed as it can be *that* narrow. By Asian standard we find the beds small, imagine Europeans/ Westerners...
TOMEI-R
post Jun 28 2019, 12:00 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,589 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 28 2019, 11:58 AM)
It's definitely not for you to bring in an extra person brows.gif

Jokes aside, yes it's cramped. Land is expensive thus per sq ft cost is high. It's even common for travelers to open their bag on the bed as it can be *that* narrow. By Asian standard we find the beds small, imagine Europeans/ Westerners...
Their double bed is definitely not big dry.gif . If you were to sleep with your partner, both of you better not move or you will definitely 'touch' the other person. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 28 2019, 12:00 PM
TSsweet_pez
post Jun 28 2019, 12:12 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Jun 28 2019, 12:00 PM)
Their double bed is definitely not big  dry.gif . If you were to sleep with your partner, both of you better not move or you will definitely 'touch' the other person.  laugh.gif
Thus i actually prefer futon. Probably no frame, which is why futon felt more spacious, although byright the size should be pretty much the same. Errr it's hard to not move at all sweat.gif ...then again, most of the time travelling is so tiring (all the walking) that one is often knocked out upon hitting the bed.

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Jun 28 2019, 12:12 PM
TOMEI-R
post Jun 28 2019, 12:27 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,589 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 28 2019, 12:12 PM)
Thus i actually prefer futon. Probably no frame, which is why futon felt more spacious, although byright the size should be pretty much the same. Errr it's hard to not move at all sweat.gif ...then again, most of the time travelling is so tiring (all the walking) that one is often knocked out upon hitting the bed.
The thin mattress is not very comfy though. sweat.gif And it could get pretty cold sleeping on the futons during winter. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 30 2019, 05:33 PM
Fyonne
post Jun 28 2019, 12:28 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
904 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 28 2019, 12:12 PM)
i think the room came with toilet/bathroom tend to be cramp as hell while those with shared bath/toilet u have plenty of room to put ur luggage n still able move around.
TSsweet_pez
post Jun 28 2019, 06:15 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Jun 28 2019, 12:27 PM)
The thin mattress is not very everybody though.  sweat.gif And it could get pretty cold sleeping on the futons during winter.  biggrin.gif
It's actually not that thin. And winter futon is the best - the blanket is super thick and comfortable. I've also slept in ones where there's hot water/ heating (system?) placed in blanket. The most comfortable ever. Where in the world were you sleeping in winter? biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Fyonne @ Jun 28 2019, 12:28 PM)
i think the room came with toilet/bathroom tend to be cramp as hell while those with shared bath/toilet u have plenty of room to put ur luggage n still able move around.
True that, coz they need to make way for bathroom. There's that convenience of having a toilet/ bathroom attached but trade-off will be the space. I'd choose attached ones over sharing toilet - as those usually ala Hostel style which freaks me out when I need to go in the middle of the night. Probably a little too much horror movie but i just can't help over imagining things shocking.gif
TOMEI-R
post Jun 28 2019, 06:46 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,589 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 28 2019, 06:15 PM)
It's actually not that thin. And winter futon is the best - the blanket is super thick and comfortable. I've also slept in ones where there's hot water/ heating (system?) placed in blanket. The most comfortable ever. Where in the world were you sleeping in winter? biggrin.gif
True that, coz they need to make way for bathroom. There's that convenience of having a toilet/ bathroom attached but trade-off will be the space. I'd choose attached ones over sharing toilet - as those usually ala Hostel style which freaks me out when I need to go in the middle of the night. Probably a little too much horror movie but i just can't help over imagining things shocking.gif
It was a Onsen near Takayama. Ryokan style rooms. Nevermind. Will try other rooms and see next time. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TOMEI-R: Jun 28 2019, 06:47 PM
Chester
post Jun 30 2019, 01:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,380 posts

Guys any recommendation for hotel near dotonburi? Better still walking distance to the glico sign.

Or is there any other area that you would recommend?

198 Pages « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:05 PM