Tx3 mini tv box, Tx3 mini review

views

bad melatonin
post Jun 21 2019, 12:26 AM

Insomnia
1,677 posts

Hi guys. Tot of buying this tx3 mini. But theres few question i like to ask:

- will aotg works on this box?

- does magisk able to hide roots in order to bypass d aotg "jailbreak" security check?

- will webcam works on this box? If it does, which webcam compatible wt it? Tot of using whatsapp & skype. As my wife & meself nature of works required us to travel alots (intnl & domesticly). So whatsapp kinda essentials so dat we cud get in touch wt our kids via d box while being away. Yes we cud use d regular phones wor it but i figure its much better if able to use whatsapp on d tv lcd screen. As my kids cant sit diam² without touching d phones. U guys knw la how budak² behave typically those below 4years old hehehe.

I do hope sm1 able to assist me on these. And thank you very much.
bad melatonin
post Jun 21 2019, 03:21 AM

Insomnia
1,677 posts

Updated:

I hv found out dat magisk manager can hide d root so dat d box cud bypass d security chk by aotg or any other apk dat requires unrooted box only. Atleast dats d info i got from xda dev forum. Any of u guys hd tried the magisk?
And come to think of it, i cancelled my intention of buying this tx3mini & opted for tx3max instead. Just found out dat tx3max has d option to able/disable roots permission on d fly. Price slightly more than tx3mini by bout rm20 or so. Might as well getting d tx3max & lessen my head/heartache fiddling wt d tx3mini firmware.
Anyw, tengs so much & sori to trouble u guys. Next move now is to lurk around tx3max disc thread (if ders any) & looking for more infos bout it further & what features it has got to offer. TQ!
puchongite
post Jun 21 2019, 07:35 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(bad melatonin @ Jun 21 2019, 03:21 AM)
Updated:

I hv found out dat magisk manager can hide d root so dat d box cud bypass d security chk by aotg or any other apk dat requires unrooted box only. Atleast dats d info i got from xda dev forum. Any of u guys hd tried the magisk?
And come to think of it, i cancelled my intention of buying this tx3mini & opted for tx3max instead. Just found out dat tx3max has d option to able/disable roots permission on d fly. Price slightly more than tx3mini by bout rm20 or so. Might as well getting d tx3max & lessen my head/heartache fiddling wt d tx3mini firmware.
Anyw, tengs so much & sori to trouble u guys. Next move now is to lurk around tx3max disc thread (if ders any) & looking for more infos bout it further & what features it has got to offer. TQ!
I use Magisk with AstroGo. I have a few root apps on my box.

Installation of Magisk is tricky. You want to verify from proper sources whether you could install Magisk directly and correctly on TV box or not.

They have got lots of users on phones, but few users on TV boxes. What works for phone might not work for tvbox, as installing Magisk involves messing with boot sector and initramfs.

They are doing this so-called systemless root, which is sophisticated but successful way to hide root. ( The reason why upgrade new version of Superuser could brick your box. )

If the ROM comes with Magisk and Magisk manager then you have least problem.

Learning is fun.
AVFAN
post Jun 21 2019, 10:45 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(bad melatonin @ Jun 21 2019, 03:21 AM)
Updated:

if u had read just the last 5 pages, u wud have known:

.. tx3 max is diff from tx3 mini only in that former has bluetooth and Alice UI while latter hasn't.
.. tx3 mini also has root open/close option in settings; no need to mess with supersu or magisk.
.. this is the only tanix thread in LYN with many tx3 mini users, a couple of tx5 max, tx9, tx6.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jun 21 2019, 11:24 AM
SCThong
post Jun 21 2019, 05:26 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(bad melatonin @ Jun 21 2019, 12:26 AM)
Hi guys. Tot of buying this tx3 mini. But theres few question i like to ask:

- will aotg works on this  box?

- does magisk able to hide roots in order to bypass d aotg "jailbreak" security check?

- will webcam works on this box? If it does, which webcam compatible wt it? Tot of using whatsapp & skype. As my wife & meself nature of works required us to travel alots (intnl & domesticly). So whatsapp kinda essentials so dat we cud get in touch wt our kids via d box while being away. Yes we cud use d regular phones wor it but i figure its much better if able to use whatsapp on d tv lcd screen. As my kids cant sit diam² without touching d phones. U guys knw la how budak² behave typically those below 4years old hehehe.

I do hope sm1 able to assist me on these. And thank you very much.
Tx3 mini and Tx3 max both would work with a modded aotg.

Been reported magisk works to hide the roots of any app, but the boxes inherently has a root setting to hide root from aotg.

For webcam, I have no experience.

From what I do know, for webcam to work, the Android system in the box must have the 2 important drivers or features.
Voice and Camera.
It is known that some factory UI/ROM would disable the voice in generic boxes, but I am quite sure camera feature is always available. Could be wrong on this.

For voice I have tested on Tx3 mini via external USB devices (like voice remote or USB headphone with mic), it works.

I would assume it is safer to get the Tx3 max, cuz with the bluetooth feature, Voice is guaranteed to have.

Next is the Camera. For this, I haven't have any experience testing a working solution. I might dig up an old USB webcam to test but according to Google, it is very much device specific. No one knows until it is tested on the box itself with the actual webcam model.

In your case, as you have already decided, Tx3 Max (Bluetooth) with AoTG compatibility and possible webcam solutions for skype and whatsapp is a better option to get. No guarantee it will work out of the box, might need a lot of tinkering to get it working like a mobile phone. Hopefully Alice UX in Tx3 max is compatible. I don't have much experience with Alice UX.

Other wise depending on Webcam you are getting, you might want to reconsider on the box to get. As Tx3 max doesn't have USB 3.0.

PS : I am not trying to be troll, but some reading in the first few pages or last few pages is helpful to answer your doubts as pointed out by AVFAN. Albeit, I try to be as informative and as repetitive as possible to assist other forumer.
AVFAN
post Jun 21 2019, 06:46 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(ShonGG @ Jun 20 2019, 01:52 PM)
the GoT pass is RM25+tax for 30 days and RM50+tax for 60 days
All 4 users can enjoy the pass, I share it with my friends

Sure! will be back here when my tx3 mini arrive
good to know.

from what u described, independent astrogo users can only buy passes for special events if and when available, get the relevant live channels too.

i think that was the case with worldcup 2018 too.

looks not possible to buy one channel or a pack ongoing.

giggs_509
post Jun 24 2019, 10:12 AM

Regular
1,409 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ May 10 2019, 11:21 PM)
can't do with the remote.

u need a wireless mouse or airmouse: click-hold-drag.
mx3 2.4G wireless air mouse can be use?
AVFAN
post Jun 24 2019, 10:30 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(giggs_509 @ Jun 24 2019, 10:12 AM)
mx3 2.4G wireless air mouse can be use?
Should work.
azwandy
post Jun 25 2019, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

In case anyone is interested

Beelink GT1-A
puchongite
post Jun 25 2019, 10:02 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(azwandy @ Jun 25 2019, 09:13 AM)

Beelink GT1-A
Could you in your free time perform one wifi speed test on this box ? Say if you got a 100M upstream, by using a wifi connection about 10-15m away, how much download speed you could get ?

If you search the internet, the wifi performance is terrible. doh.gif

This post has been edited by puchongite: Jun 25 2019, 10:07 AM
azwandy
post Jun 25 2019, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Jun 25 2019, 11:02 AM)
Could you in your free time perform one wifi speed test on this box ? Say if you got a 100M upstream, by using a wifi connection about 10-15m away, how much download speed you could get ?

If you search the internet, the wifi performance is terrible.  doh.gif
sure, will try later.. but with my streamyx 8mbps, please expect blazing speed at 10gbps from speedtest..

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
puchongite
post Jun 25 2019, 10:39 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(azwandy @ Jun 25 2019, 10:30 AM)
sure, will try later.. but with my streamyx 8mbps, please expect blazing speed at 10gbps from speedtest..

tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Haha oh no, then whatever you claim about able to get 4k netflix on the box will be subjected to questioning too. LOL.
azwandy
post Jun 25 2019, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Jun 25 2019, 11:39 AM)
Haha oh no, then whatever you claim about able to get 4k netflix on the box will be subjected to questioning too. LOL.
HD confirmed already as I am currently watching SANTA CLARITA DIET.. just finished last night, season 3.. damn, they stopped the show.. damn u netflix.. androidpctv already did a pattern test on this box and managed to get 4K..

AndroidPCTV GT1-A
puchongite
post Jun 25 2019, 12:46 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(azwandy @ Jun 25 2019, 10:43 AM)
HD confirmed already as I am currently watching SANTA CLARITA DIET.. just finished last night, season 3.. damn, they stopped the show.. damn u netflix.. androidpctv already did a pattern test on this box and managed to get 4K..

AndroidPCTV GT1-A
I found out that this ROM comes with Chainfire SuperSu. What you did to make it run AstroGo is merely removing the root.

But I have a question for you, prior to removing root, were you able to run Netflix in HD ?
azwandy
post Jun 25 2019, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Jun 25 2019, 01:46 PM)
I found out that this ROM comes with Chainfire SuperSu. What you did to make it run AstroGo is merely removing the root.

But I have a question for you, prior to removing root, were you able to run Netflix in HD ?
yes, before unroot also can run in HD

AVFAN
post Jun 25 2019, 02:33 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(azwandy @ Jun 25 2019, 09:13 AM)

Beelink GT1-A
bro, there is an existing beelink thread:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4044338/+1160

better keep all info about beelink boxes there; if not buyers won't be able to find it.
azwandy
post Jun 26 2019, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jun 25 2019, 03:33 PM)
bro, there is an existing beelink thread:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4044338/+1160

better keep all info about beelink boxes there; if not buyers won't be able to find it.
Thanks man.. just got my hands on a batch of GT MINI S905X2, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage.. wow, AOTG can be run after full unroot of the system.. blazing fast.. S905X2 is quite impressive.. but avoid unknown brand of S905X2 boxes.. they tend to have random freeze issue.. damn..
AVFAN
post Jun 26 2019, 12:56 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(azwandy @ Jun 26 2019, 12:33 AM)
Thanks man.. just got my hands on a batch of GT MINI S905X2, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage.. wow, AOTG can be run after full unroot of the system.. blazing fast.. S905X2 is quite impressive.. but avoid unknown brand of S905X2 boxes.. they tend to have random freeze issue.. damn..
the S905x2 chipset received a lot of good reviews.

the Tanix TX5 Max i have, about 3 months now, excellent.

android 8.1, stays cool, fast, good ac wifi, ethernet speed 840mbps, astrogo, hbogo, playtv... all good

32gb storage, perfect for kodi quasar; only thing is it is limited to dts/dd/dd+, can't pass thru dtshdma/ddtruehd.

for general purposes, i will recommend it to anyone for <rm250.
puchongite
post Jun 26 2019, 10:23 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(azwandy @ Jun 26 2019, 12:33 AM)
You should have brought in the A version, GT MINI-A. You posted in freaktab before, you are probably aware that the A version is widevine L1 certified and the ROMs are available for it to run ATV or normal Android.
azwandy
post Jun 26 2019, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Jun 26 2019, 11:23 AM)
You should have brought in the A version, GT MINI-A. You posted in freaktab before, you are probably aware that the A version is widevine L1 certified and the ROMs are available for it to run ATV or normal Android.
Coming in soon.. both 2GB and 4GB version.. 2GB is already good.. I am using it right now.. performance wise is very similar to a S912 with 3GB RAM for the MINI 2GB.. the CPU really makes the difference.. well, I have to finish my stock of GT1-A first.. well, androidtv interface is not everyone cup of coffee.. ask those mibox users who are in panic when they launch their AOTG for the first time.. all have to tilt their head.. and somemore, the gt mini a is not google certified.. not sure how long the netflix HD/4K will last.. if Beelink really applies for the certification, then expect 50% increase in price.. as I heard it is not cheap for google/netflix cert.. think about it.. how come a box with no sd card slot, 2gb ram, no LAN port, 1 usb port cost more than a box better in spec..

87 Pages « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:56 AM