Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

154 Pages « < 149 150 151 152 153 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bracesians' Place, Bracesians' Support Group

views

kyteh3299
post Mar 13 2015, 02:47 PM

0 posts

If you want to have braces done in Penang, DON'T go to Prestige Orthodontic (Braces) Clinic in Pulau Tikus. Here's my personal experiences:

Few months ago, one of my friends introduced to me Prestige Orthodontic (Braces) Clinic in Pulau Tikus. The lady doctor said need to X-ray. Total cost for X-ray was RM330.

I went to see her again a week later to get X-ray results. She told me total cost for braces is RM6300 (not including the previous RM330), I have to wear the braces for 19 months.

When I said I want to consider, the doctor immediately turned hostile, and that consultation was RM300. If I let her proceed with the threatment, then RM300 will be deduced from RM6300. She insisted for me to sign the agreement.

I told her I would like to have second opinions before proceed. Then I sensed great changes in her attitude. So feeling pissed off, I reluctantly paid the RM300 to get my reports.

I paid a total of RM630 for NOTHING! I don't understand why taking report from her also needs RM300? BLOOD SUCKING!!

So if you do not want to waste money, please consider other more ethical doctors.

Is there a way I can complaint about this unethical behavior of a doctor? Has anyone tried MAO - Malaysian Association Of Orthodontists??

This post has been edited by kyteh3299: Mar 13 2015, 02:58 PM
Jeimii
post Apr 7 2015, 04:56 PM

0 posts

hi, have anyone been doing braces at Goh dental clinic (Dr Khoo) in Penang?
slushie
post Apr 20 2015, 12:40 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(edayah3001 @ Aug 12 2014, 11:55 PM)
After 3 months
Wow... so fast already aligned quite neatly after just 3 months

now you made me more motivated hahah
slushie
post Apr 20 2015, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Beanster @ Nov 3 2014, 07:21 PM)
You done at Dr.Aina? How was the service and price for traditional metal braces?
Hi there,

i did mine at Dr Aina in Kajang recently.. price is RM3.8k for traditional braces. scaling and extraction diff price.

i would say im slightly disappointed over their after-care advice.. didn't give me much advice on how to clean/next step on their own. I had to ask them how to brush properly blah blah.. haih the next round I'll have to ask them more.
blady333
post Apr 26 2015, 09:55 PM

0 posts

hi.. new here, lucky I found this thread.. a good place to share experience with fellow bracesians biggrin.gif

i just got my braces, and in my thirties.. hehe yeah.. very old lady already. Been contemplating to get one since forever but never really have the guts to proceed due to my own paranoia with pain stories here and there.. but last month.. an unplanned visit to the ortho clinic, i just thought.. ahhh what the heck.. i do not want to be a person who will regret of things that i dare not do in life, just get it done!

and there u go.. today, my 26th days of braced already.. and u know what.. now i want to bang my own head to the wall as what has been stopping me from getting the braces- the pain - its really non existence.. its nothing! apart from the pressure and a little soreness of the fronth teeth for the first 10 days, i coudl say i dont feel any pain at all.. i was like.. felling like a total idiot and regret for not doing it sooner.. haiyah.. but hey.. i am a happy lady now, as i can see the teeth had moved.. i didnt notice the movement until i snap the pic and collage it together to see the difference.

for someone in thirties, hardened bone and jaw structure as many have said... i am more than happy to see the little movement... in 26 days.. yayyyyy! will share the pic later on smile.gif thanks for reading
blady333
post Apr 26 2015, 09:59 PM

0 posts

2nd visit to the ortho clinic on 1st april.. and it mark my first day as braceslady haha drool.gif

my teeth is very crowded.. and i've lost my last three molars on the lower right.. but thats not stopping me to continue.. hoping for a faster movemnet after next adjustment brows.gif

just wondering.. other than from the clinic.. where can I buy the dental wax?

sushileong65
post Apr 30 2015, 05:49 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(blady333 @ Apr 26 2015, 09:59 PM)
2nd visit to the ortho clinic on 1st april.. and it mark my first day as braceslady haha  drool.gif

my teeth is very crowded.. and i've lost my last three molars on the lower right.. but thats not stopping me to continue.. hoping for a faster movemnet after next adjustment  brows.gif
Dear blady333,

i am in my thirties too, and got my braces on 31 Mar. Today my second visit. wink.gif let's look forward to better smile . You transparent one looks nice too. I had ceramic ones. wink.gif
dolphin2
post May 19 2015, 11:59 AM

43 posts

I did mine last year RM5200 including extraction, moulding and x-ray
and its by installment, every visit pay RM200 brows.gif

edayah3001
post May 23 2015, 06:17 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(blady333 @ Apr 26 2015, 10:55 PM)
hi.. new here, lucky I found this thread.. a good place to share experience with fellow bracesians biggrin.gif

i just got my braces, and in my thirties.. hehe yeah.. very old lady already. Been contemplating to get one since forever but never really have the guts to proceed due to my own paranoia with pain stories here and there.. but last month.. an unplanned visit to the ortho clinic, i just thought.. ahhh what the heck.. i do not want to be a person who will regret of things that i dare not do in life, just get it done!

and there u go.. today, my 26th days of braced already..  and u know what.. now  i want to bang my own head to the wall as what has been stopping me from getting the braces- the pain - its really non existence.. its nothing! apart from the pressure and a little soreness of the fronth teeth for the first 10 days, i coudl say i dont feel any pain at all.. i was like.. felling like a total idiot and regret for not doing it sooner.. haiyah.. but hey.. i am a happy lady now, as i can see the teeth had moved.. i didnt notice the movement until i snap the pic and collage it together to see the difference.

for someone in thirties, hardened bone and jaw structure as many have said... i am more than happy to see the little movement... in 26 days.. yayyyyy! will share the pic later on smile.gif thanks for reading
Me tooo.. in 30ies .. more happy than before.. huhhuuu
edayah3001
post May 23 2015, 06:20 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(blady333 @ Apr 26 2015, 10:59 PM)
2nd visit to the ortho clinic on 1st april.. and it mark my first day as braceslady haha  drool.gif

my teeth is very crowded.. and i've lost my last three molars on the lower right.. but thats not stopping me to continue.. hoping for a faster movemnet after next adjustment  brows.gif
I think you can buy online. On fb.. forgot their fb page..huhu...

Wow .. you had the ceramic one.. wish too.. but my teeth are too small to wear the ceramic..so i just wear the lotus system
edayah3001
post May 23 2015, 06:27 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(shepherddream @ Dec 24 2014, 06:22 PM)
i'm thinking to do braces at the same time might planning to conceive as well. is that fine? the dentist told me need to remove 4 tooth, i have another 4 wisdom tooth as well, so total 8 tooth @@....

Between if i choose Damon braces is that mean i no need extract tooth?
It depends.. if too crowded then.. u hv no choice to extract the teeth. Otherwise ur teeth will look "jongang" . Not sure what they called.. overbite?. That what my ortho told me.

Luckyly i just have to remove 2 teeth only
Ethan27
post May 28 2015, 02:02 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(peklove @ Jul 8 2014, 12:14 PM)
Hi guys,
I'm happy to announce that i got my braces on now for 2 months +.
After reading all the feedback.
I have decided to take the Damon Q braces (RM6500 ,deposit 2500).
So far i didn't experiences any pain too but just a little bit of pressure on the first few days.

I did my braces at Drs. Wong& Partners Dental Surgeons, Sri petaling branch ( www.smile-link.com/ )
My dentist is a female : Dr.Lau and she is friendly.
I like her because she always make sure that her patients did not suffers from any pain.

I have a bit of overbit and snaggletooth (both side on left and right).
She told me to do extraction before the treatment will cause a lot of pain.
There will be no pain/less pain if i extract it after braces.
My first extraction was 1 and half month later and yes there was no pain at all.
Hai can i ask you how was ur progress? i would to take Damon Brace. For your treatment RM6500 is the final cost?
Ethan27
post May 28 2015, 02:05 PM

1 posts

Hai all i m currently 27 yrs old. is that too late for brace? i would like to take Damon Brace. anyone can recommend dental?
jensiew
post Jun 2 2015, 11:23 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(dolphin2 @ May 19 2015, 11:59 AM)
I did mine last year RM5200 including extraction, moulding and x-ray
and its by installment, every visit pay RM200 brows.gif
Which orthodontic are you refering to? For this pricing?
kikochen
post Jun 8 2015, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

Hi all. I took off my braces in November 2013 and I realise that my incisors are getting apart, I'm worried, do u think I can ask my dentist to fix it for me? Or do I hv to get braces again?
nicky87
post Jun 13 2015, 01:47 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(blady333 @ Apr 26 2015, 09:59 PM)

Dental wax is not free at the clinic? I didn't have to buy any wax =X

QUOTE(Ethan27 @ May 28 2015, 02:05 PM)
Hai all i m currently 27 yrs old. is that too late for brace? i would like to take Damon Brace. anyone can recommend dental?
Nope not too late... I started at around the same age too =) there are loads of recommendations in the braces thread in health and fitness smile.gif

blady333
post Jun 14 2015, 12:12 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(nicky87 @ Jun 13 2015, 01:47 AM)
Dental wax is not free at the clinic? I didn't have to buy any wax =X
Noo! I have to pay for it sweat.gif
RM5/ pack but lucky i dont use much now.

blady333
post Jun 14 2015, 12:14 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(sushileong65 @ Apr 30 2015, 05:49 PM)
Dear blady333,

i am in my thirties too, and got my braces on 31 Mar. Today my second visit.  wink.gif let's look forward to better smile . You transparent one looks nice too. I had ceramic ones. wink.gif
hail to thirties ladies with braces rclxm9.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif
how long have you been with braces?
blady333
post Jun 14 2015, 12:20 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(edayah3001 @ May 23 2015, 06:20 PM)
I think you can buy online. On fb.. forgot their fb page..huhu...
Wow .. you had the ceramic one.. wish too.. but my teeth are too small to wear the ceramic..so i just wear the lotus system
i stocked up during my last visit... biggrin.gif
couldnt find it anywhere else sweat.gif

my braces is in-ovation-c self ligating braces.
all kind of braces is cool to me, lotus looks cute as the bracket is soo small thumbup.gif
blady333
post Jun 14 2015, 12:45 AM

0 posts

2 months 2 weeks

my 3rd appointment few days back and the doc put on power chain. much more painful but bearable to me. felt uncomfortable only one day. the pain came on the 2nd day, and subsided by night time, thank god.

154 Pages « < 149 150 151 152 153 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0268sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:43 AM