Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Experiments in eating

views

TSsapphist
post May 23 2018, 10:38 PM, updated 6y ago

7 posts

Starting this for accountability, since threads can't be deleted, if I stop this halfway my failure will be on the internet for all to see forever.

So a bit of background, I have been struggling with my weight my entire life. Struggling is probably not the best choice of word because I didn't really care about my weight or anything else for a long time. I would get hurt when people made mean comments but then go back to "who cares food is more delicious":P

My relationship with food is toxic. I don't know how to eat in moderation, I either eat whatever I want or starve myself, there's no healthy in between.

So I am going to challenge myself to try and eat like a normal human being and try and find a diet that works for me. Since it's not supposed to be just a temporary diet it has to be something that I can live with and stick to .

1) Calorie Counting

2) Low carb

3) Intermittent Fasting

I am going to try each for a month and see which one works best for me.

I'll check in every day and update my weekly progress on the main post, too malu to post my weight right now, but I will weigh myself weekly and update how much I have lost.

21/05/18- 20/06/18 - Calorie counting

1200 net calories per day & 2 litres water

This post has been edited by sapphist: May 24 2018, 09:55 AM
SUSgogo2
post May 23 2018, 11:14 PM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

I just managed to drop my weight almost 1 kg per day.

Let me teach you.

Morning - Oats
Lunch - Fish + vegetables (no rice)
Night - soup + 1 piece bread with peanut butter

Some weight lifting exercises

Guarantee 1 kg per day
alien9
post May 23 2018, 11:35 PM

These stars mean nothing
3,030 posts

Congrats on your first step by acknowledging your issue and have the will to act on it. Good luck on your journey.

TSsapphist
post May 24 2018, 09:51 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ May 23 2018, 11:14 PM)
I just managed to drop my weight almost 1 kg per day.

Let me teach you.

Morning - Oats
Lunch - Fish + vegetables (no rice)
Night - soup + 1 piece bread with peanut butter

Some weight lifting exercises

Guarantee 1 kg per day
Thank you for this, but the reason I am doing this is not only to lose weight it's to find a sustainable way of eating.

I don't think I can eat the same thing every day forever sad.gif

I have dieted and lost weight in the past, but then I will go back to eating whatever I want and gain it all back sad.gif

I got no discipline cry.gif

TSsapphist
post May 24 2018, 09:51 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(alien9 @ May 23 2018, 11:35 PM)
Congrats on your first step by acknowledging your issue and have the will to act on it. Good luck on your journey.
Thank you smile.gif
TSsapphist
post May 24 2018, 10:16 AM

7 posts

Update for 21/05/2018 - 23/05/2018

Day 1

Bfast : nothing, too busy to eat

Lunch : Maggi Mee Curry & 1 egg

Snack: Milo & Biscuits
Sunflower seeds

Dinner : Mamee instant noodles

Total Calories : 1153

Day 2

Bfast : nothing, too busy to eat

Lunch : Maggi Mee Curry & 1 egg

Snack: Milo & Rasin brunch bar
Sunflower seeds

Dinner : Mamee instant noodles & 1 egg

Total : 1204 calories

Day 3

Bfast : Coffee, no sugar and a little fresh milk

Lunch : Home made tomato & basil pasta with cheese

Snack: Sunflower seeds

Dinner : Home made tomato & basil pasta with cheese

Total : 1267 calories

Starting to realize the importance of meal prep in advance, I bought ingredients to cook for the week, but kept waking up too late to cook. Only managed to wake up early enough to cook yesterday.

This post has been edited by sapphist: May 24 2018, 10:18 AM
internaldisputes
post May 24 2018, 11:33 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

This is great. Keep it up. Just to be sure, you haven't started on intermittent fasting yet right? If you do, what time do you fast?
TSsapphist
post May 24 2018, 12:49 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ May 24 2018, 11:33 AM)
This is great. Keep it up. Just to be sure, you haven't started on intermittent fasting yet right? If you do, what time do you fast?
I am calorie counting now, but actually it kinda looks like IF right? because I skip bfast or usually only have coffee.. it's not on purpose though, I am just not hungry in the mornings, but I don't have a stop time for eating and usually have my dinner very late at night.

When I do start IF I am think of trying out OMAD, skip bfast and lunch... Just because I think it's a good idea, I am usually only hungry in the evenings.
TSsapphist
post May 25 2018, 03:04 PM

7 posts

Day 4 24/05/18

Bfast : Coffee, no sugar and a little fresh milk

Lunch : Mee soup

Dinner: Mee soup

Snack : 8 grain bread, 2 slices

Total calories: 1178 calories
Lionel90
post May 31 2018, 03:17 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

QUOTE(sapphist @ May 24 2018, 12:49 PM)
I am calorie counting now, but actually it kinda looks like IF right? because I skip bfast or usually only have coffee.. it's not on purpose though, I am just not hungry in the mornings, but I don't have a stop time for eating and usually have my dinner very late at night.

When I do start IF I am think of trying out OMAD, skip bfast and lunch... Just because I think it's a good idea, I am usually only hungry in the evenings.
calorie counting is well, calorie counting.
IF = it's a way of dieting (fancy name of eating), where you fast for pre-set hours then only eat in the pre-set feeding window
OMAD = another way of dieting, where you stuff in calories you need in a day in only one meal. If you IF becomes more than 20:4 then it's probably OMAD anyway.
post Sep 12 2018, 09:39 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

QUOTE(sapphist @ May 25 2018, 03:04 PM)
Day 4 24/05/18

Bfast  :  Coffee, no sugar and a little fresh milk

All your calories are pretty much carbs. This is definitely not sustainable. You need fats and protein.
Not sure how your journey went since there are no updates.
daimon
post Sep 28 2018, 11:23 PM

On my way
611 posts

looking forward to TS's reply. biggrin.gif
leeannelisha P
post Jul 31 2020, 12:07 PM

Probation
5 posts

Intermittent Fasting works best for me.
miromiro
post Oct 3 2020, 09:16 PM

On my way
534 posts

QUOTE(sapphist @ May 25 2018, 03:04 PM)
Day 4 24/05/18

Bfast  :  Coffee, no sugar and a little fresh milk

A very good start ,keep up the good work!

I does eat oats in the every morning it’s helps (just a suggestion)
Levaut P
post Jan 26 2021, 09:17 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(sapphist @ May 23 2018, 10:38 PM)
Starting this for accountability, since threads can't be deleted, if I stop this halfway my failure will be on the internet for all to see forever.

So a bit of background, I have been struggling with my weight my entire life. Struggling is probably not the best choice of word because I didn't really care about my weight or anything else for a long time.  I would get hurt when people made mean comments but then go back to "who cares food is more delicious":P

My relationship with food is toxic. I don't know how to eat in moderation, I either eat whatever I want or starve myself, there's no healthy in between.

So I am going to challenge myself to try and eat like a normal human being and try and find a diet that works for me. Since it's not supposed to be just a temporary diet it has to be something that I can live with and stick to .

1) Calorie Counting

2) Low carb

3) Intermittent Fasting
I am going to try each for a month and see which one works best for me.

I'll check in every day and update my weekly progress on the main post, too malu to post my weight right now, but I will weigh myself weekly and update how much I have lost.
21/05/18- 20/06/18 - Calorie counting

1200 net calories per day & 2 litres water
Hello,
My post may be overwhelmed by time, but what is certain is that there will always be someone who needs it. Your case reminds me of the ordeal I had to endure for a few years. I could no longer control what I should or shouldn't eat. The more food is banned from a list, the more I feel like eating more. I don't know what it is to eat intelligently at all. It was only after I discovered the Musklor usa site that I started to change my eating habits. Today, this site is my coach in fitness, dietetics and especially in weight training. My advice is simple: our body absolutely needs to move and not just any way, but according to the experts' instructions. The more you practice sport, the more the number of banned foods decreases.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:50 PM